CAP 5 CAP 5 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

My skills at drawing, are sub-par; I haven't used paint for a very long time, and paint wasn't particularly co-operative, but I tried. Unfortunately, I drew the thing in a pose from behind, so the eye (that black thing in the middle that, if it had a cross instead of being completely black, would've been a scope) is unidentifiable. Originally I was going to have it with four legs, but I had trouble picturing how it'd move quickly, so I decided to add in the purply-orange stuff at the last minute and say that the legs were mainly to dig in whilst it attacked.
Was this in response to the glass cannon idea? I kinda like it... maybe I'll make a silly literal glass cannon too.

@ Lofty: I'm liking the meteor idea, the scene with lucario makes me wonder if maybe this pokemon's true claim to fame will be access to all of the "overheat" moves. =D Had you considered making the rock eyelids closing horizontally, perpendicular to the way human eyes close? Tiny tweak but it might make it look more alien and less cute. =P

I loved everything about your sphinx design Cerbi, except it looks unhappy/bored. I think that makes it unique but I'd be curious to see it in a happier pose.

Well heres some sketches I threw together, just to get some ideas on paper. Its going along the lines of non-humanoid. Opinions on how to develop on these would be great.

Here's my second attempt. hopefully this one will actually get some attention : (

The idea is a pokemon that lives in the desert and can control sand. it can float, or just move fast enough to stay of the ground.
it takes care of the tall order of a pokemon with special attack, speed, and rock type. i will post some better pictures later, but if anyone cares to redraw this in there own style, i would greatly appreciate it.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Lofty, that is one amazing comet design. I think I'd like it if it had actual "eyelids" instead of pod-bay doors if you can get what I'm saying. Its really cool! (Though this won't get Draco Meteor, we could name a new Rock Special move Meteor Shower or something xD)

Right, the idea is a meteor. Meteors burn up in the atmosphere and thus could be considered weak defensively. But they are quite fast as well. Plus, if we were to make a meteor sentient, it would have to have some special power behind it.

There could be more creative things with this concept, but as a very early idea (made in MSpaint in 20 seconds)

@ Lawman: Yeah, it's like a Chozo!! Thanks for the comments

_______

Ok, I really enjoy this process, and I liked the sphinx / griffin ideas, so.. I mixed.

I add some "crystal balls" and "rock arms". The tail is like a staff.

How many pokemons can I post?
This is my favorite out of all of your creations. Sure it has wings, but the Lati's have wings and they are not flying type. I can see this having levitate and being pure rock. Only nitpick I have about it are the wings. Maybe they can be spread out a bit more naturally, despite being stone that might help them anatomically instead of them pointing straight up and bunched together.

I don't know if you can remember this guy, but I made some sketches which kind of resemble him.

it's a Phanto from Super Mario Bros 2.
the reason I'm posting this is that I can't scan my sketches right now, but I still wanted to share the idea with you.

the idea for the pokémon is that it will be a segmented stone/gem mask which is seperable at the sides, the jaw, the middle and 2 parts of the top, allowing a range of expressions if the pokémon would align the segments differently. the back ends of the segments slightly bend towards each other, making it kind of like a shell.
behind the "shell mask" I put a large, colored, elliptical gemstone, which luminates through the eyes and mouth of the mask. the design allows you to look directly at the gem when battling with it, while you see the front of the mask when battling against it. It's signature move would be power gem, of course.

the origin could be alien. it is made purely of life force and silicon so it is capable of traveling through space, though artifactical or ancient is also fitting (adding to the legendary pokémon and unown mysterious backgrounds).

I'll try to scan my sketches ASAP, but in the meantime please feedback and discuss.

edit: remember Magma Rock from GS: TLA? those statues that spit lava also kind of resemble this pokémon.

edit 2: here you go, whipped up a simple sketch on MS Paint:

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

One thing I did notice, as I had all 3 pics up.... I've effectively created an evolutionary line....

I still think this is my favorite so far, the other one that I kind of like:
looks a little to... Human (in shape/proportions) and its patterns are a bit too complicated.

Here is my explanation (from earlier in the thread) of why I like the first one:
It is clearly a Rock (the gray rocks could be drawn in such a way as to stop it looking like Steel) obviously quite fragile (at least Physically), can be seen as very fast (110+ at least), and it really looks like it could use Special Attacks effectively.
It also lets us play around with the movepool to quite a large extent, Punches, Beams ect.. they all work.
It breaks the Mold of rock types being solid as well which is a Plus.

Sure the drawing is not as fancy as some that have been around, but the idea is great!

I'll sketch up something else at some point if I have the time.

I really like Caladbolg's designs so far though for some reason his birdman design reminds me of Zelda. It's probably the complex designs around it's body which isn't going to translate too well into a simplified style. The idea's good though.

I really like Caladbolg's designs so far though for some reason his birdman design reminds me of Zelda. It's probably the complex designs around it's body which isn't going to translate too well into a simplified style. The idea's good though.
I like this one better than the other one.

Why a face of a bird? D:

Everything else is nice.

the one thing i'm not really a fan of is this one having no hands...maybe its because we did that with pyroak, but could you consider giving it some kind of hands?

Keeping details to minimum like Pokemon, I present to you the Stone Maiden.

The design is simple. Its head and neck are made out of plastic. Since most of the people here wants this "Pokemon" to be a special attacker, but fragile. I made the body look like it's made out of polished stone, and a big gem is placed in the middle of its body(That's where she uses special attacks such "beam attacks" and such). Those crystal looking things on her skirt at the bottom are minerals colored blue, red, green, etc. Red represents fire, blue represents fire, and so on. That's where she gets her power to use elemental attacks such as flamethrower, ice beam, etc. I hope you guys like it. :toast:

Keeping details to minimum like Pokemon, I present to you the Stone Maiden.

The design is simple. Its head and neck are made out of plastic. Since most of the people here wants this "Pokemon" to be a special attacker, but fragile. I made the body look like it's made out of polished stone, and a big gem is placed in the middle of its body(That's where she uses special attacks such "beam attacks" and such). Those crystal looking things on her skirt at the bottom are minerals colored blue, red, green, etc. Red represents fire, blue represents fire, and so on. That's where she gets her power to use elemental attacks such as flamethrower, ice beam, etc. I hope you guys like it. :toast:

This is good.

But try putting the face as Baltoy's head, the Pre-evolution of Claydol
Or make a face like claydol.

and Make it have floating arms like Baltoy or Claydol.

It would pwn. :)

Hey Blu! I'm still using some of your ideas in Amethyst, if you're wodering!

On-topic, I've drawn a design which I think reflects the 'break the mold' concept. I don't have access to a scanner right now, but I'll scan it and post it some time tomorrow. It's quite unlike any of the other submissions so far ;)

Which one looks better? The one on the left was used with Photoshop. I wanted to try it out so I did. One on the right was just pencil + pencil crayons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)