• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost
With a 0 to 20 (Somewhat Offensive) Style Bias, a 20 to Infinity (Physical) Build Bias, and a Quite Good (250-299) Base Stat Rating.
Ability: Frisk / Limber
Stats: 80 HP / 103 Atk / 85 Def /55 SpA /80 SpD /110 Spe

Use clicky poll above to vote. Ordered based on number of votes received last poll.

Main Design:

Ghost Fox

Supporting Material:
Jumping_through_a_portal (beware: this design was made when the shoulder had an expression)
The_design_that_started_it_all (to implement this design, take out the mouth =D)
I_do_not_walk_on_this_earth
Sitting_down (Hand drawn)
From_the_back (Hand drawn)

THE PHANTOM PHOX
Here, it's finally here....
....This is Phox. 'Tis only a nickname, it's quite a practical mix between phantom and fox. For those inquiring about it's characteristics, I have them all here, in a neat and unnecessary list =)

-It depicts STEEL in these ways: Obvious gritty steel masks over it's body, it's fur is ruffled relating to the static cling caused by it's metallic chemical bonding of said steel masks, and it... well... that's it...
-It depicts GHOST in these ways: The malevolent smile, eyes, mist, and overall hollow appearance. (Not pertaining to those Hollow from Bleach, which I think is an awesome anime still)

For those people who like to read the Pokedex entries here is what I think they should be similar to:
It has the awkward ability to drain information from beings just by staring at them. Not necessarily mind reading, more like mind robbing.

My inspiration came from, truthfully, my pet cat himself. He is a black cat who has an obnoxious habit of sniffing everything like it was his job. He is adorable, and perfect for this design. Cats are excellent at getting into and through things, can sprint fast, and black ones do involve a little bad luck...tee hee! The masks on Phox were inspired by my attraction to the game, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Of course you would expect a mask-related design coming from me....right?
Also:
-the dark blue color is the same color as police outfits.

-an iron fox-hole is an underground compartment used in war to protect soldiers from assault...and some that are built in hillsides have eye holes used to "scout" your enemy.

-curiosity killed the cat.
Main Design

Supporting Material

(click thumbnails for the full sketches)

Fable of the Steel Ghost: A Bedtime Story for Young Trainers

On the server, Mag called my design "Skelebot" (Skeleton + Robot), and I've started using that nickname myself. I think this design fits the typing well, and it seems to go with the build, stats, and even the abilities that have been chosen since I posted my initial sketches. As I've played with the design, I've come up with several supporting sketches and even a background fairy tale. Check out my other posts in this thread for more info and detail on the design and supporting material.

This has been a fun art project for me, regardless of the outcome of the upcoming polls. Based on some of the fabulous works posted by other artists, I think we are sure to get a great design for CAP 7. I appreciate all the positive feedback I've received so far, and I look forward to seeing which design is chosen.
Final Submission:
Final Submission

Type: Steel / Ghost
With a 0 to 20 (Somewhat Offensive) Style Bias, a 20 to Infinity (Physical) Build Bias, and a Quite Good (250-299) Base Stat Rating.
Ability: Frisk
Design Name: "Knightmon" by Caladbolg~

Make a design for this community is very funny and challenging. I'm proud to be part of the process of this serious proyect. I'm happy with all the suggestion that you gave to me, all the congratulations, all of them. And I have to thank you for give me a chance to demostrate my art.

I make a Knight pokemon for this community. I ear many suggestions, and try to create a pokemon to everyone.

Knightmon is a shadow armor, a vigilante from old times, alert, to give information from the enemy.

My inspiration are the great Knights from old time, that now are dead. Now, their souls is in armor. Someone can say that this concept is too repetitive. In my opinion, it's the best fusion between Steel and Ghost, also, it's personality and charism is based in our concept "The Ultimate Scout".

Maybe you dislike this color scheme, but this is only a guide for the sprite, We can change it, if the community decide that. Also, maybe, there is a detail that you dislike, that can be change it. Please, if you will vote for this, vote for the design, the style, the art.

Supporting Material

Shiny, maybe?
Frisk
Original Design
Knightmon protected itself!

Elegy of Emptiness again.

Doug's is the only one I somewhat dislike out of that lot. Whenever I think of ghosts, I think of things that could float in mid-air, and even though Elegy's design has legs, the way the fur is blurred at the back makes it look like it could walk on air. Doug's design lacks this floaty feel and that's why it's the one I would be least happy with.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Doug has entered in every CAP poll without winning a single one, yet his designs are amazing every time. Give him a chance!

Caladbolg is just too great for me to ignore. I don't mind any of the other designs winning, but Calad gets my vote.

I voted Caladbolg, but at this point I am fine with any of the designs. They are all great and reflect the best effort from their respective artists. Props to everyone for making this art poll one of the best CAP history!

Liked wyverii but now that he is gone i support elegy because personally it seems to be the most pokemon like design.

Dougs design is great and i wish i could vote for all of the designs seniority does not mean he should win, if he wins it should be on the design not how long he has tried to win.

Really? Well I think GF did an admirable job on Persian and Delcatty. In fact, I don't think it matters how the well the sprite will be theoretically rendered, but how well the actual result ends up. I suppose we will see, given the fact that my artwork wins, since it's not "ahead"...

Really? Well I think GF did an admirable job on Persian and Delcatty. In fact, I don't think it matters how the well the sprite will be theoretically rendered, but how well the actual result ends up. I suppose we will see, given the fact that my artwork wins, since it's not "ahead"...
Once again, this is a competitive project. The art for this CAP was great, but we can't let us get distracted by it. Your design was well recieved, otherwise it would not have made it this far. Now, you have to leave it up to the voters, EoE. Nothing we can do about the results from this point on. If you don't make it, congratulations on a job well done, I'm sure that your art will be memorable for the CAPs to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)