CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 9 - Art Poll 3

Which design?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, you have to leave it up to the voters, EoE. Nothing we can do about the results from this point on. If you don't make it, congratulations on a job well done, I'm sure that your art will be memorable for the CAPs to come.
I am a voter, ha

I should stop talking now.

Indeed shower Doug with more love. Skelebot is really a genius concept and deserves to go though.

Vote DougJustDoug (and cyzir).

By the way foibles, there's a reason why saying something isn't "Pokemon enough" is frowned upon. You cannot pin down all the aspects of what makes a Pokemon give off a certain style, especially when it tends to fluctuate from generation to generation. All current designs can be placed in a complexity rating currently found in the games from Giratina to Gengar.

Elegy of Emptiness is my vote again. On a side note, it's a good thing pokemon lay eggs, because birthing a phox would be pretty rough o_0.

Aw... ixfalia didn't make it... That was my second choice! I knew that Wyverii would make it, but not ixfalia either? Oh well... I guess I'll have to go with number 3. *votes CyzirVisheen*

3- Cyzirvisheen :: this one was a very good piece of art, but it also did not seem much like a pokemon. I think that the fact that it looks too much like it is wearing a dress and has hair killed it for me. Unlike your last one, this could easily be a person with long selves and no legs.
Lol I love how you gave dress wearing and hair as non-pokemony characteristics when we already have a first gen pokemon who has hair and a dress.

I don't actually view the top part of Cyzir's design as hair at all, but either way it looks awesome. EoE has lots of support already so voting for Cyzir.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
Yeah! Let's go Elegy of Emptiness! I agree with the "pokemonyness" statement, and to respond to an someone in the first art poll, just because gamefreak screwed up with the designs doesn't mean we should. Though honestly, I would be happy with any of these designs as they are all awesome, though some of them look more human or Digimon like than Pokemon ^^.

On a side note, is it just me or does Cyzir's design look like an evolution to Mawile? (Not that it isn't awesome or anything :D)

Lol I love how you gave dress wearing and hair as non-pokemony characteristics when we already have a first gen pokemon who has hair and a dress.

I don't actually view the top part of Cyzir's design as hair at all, but either way it looks awesome. EoE has lots of support already so voting for Cyzir.
Don't forget Gardevoir.

Cyzir's submission blew me away. It's really one of my favorite CAP submissions of all time, and will forever be up there with Stratagem, Fidgit, and Doug's Djinn from CAP2 among my faves -- I spent hours coming up with names for it. (It's silly how much I care about the art polls. When Atyroki's paddle dude lost CAP6, I pretty much lost my interest in Arghonaut altogether x])

That said, I've really come to appreciate Elegy of Emptiness's design. For one thing, it fits the stats better, and for another, I think it'd be nice not to have Levitate on this thing.

So, basically, these designs are all so fantastic that at this point I'd truly be happy for any one of them to win! You guys really knocked it out. :)

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I sure hope Elegy wins! I thought everything in this CAP would be metallic ghost humanoids, but Elegy's design is certainly standout!

Elegy of Emptiness, it's easily both a Ghost and Steel pokemon, and it's appearance matches it's abilities. It looks like a Pokemon that is both limber and can frisk. :/
In fact, the Pokemon's base stats matches the phantom fox too, IMO it just looks like something that appears speedy, fairly strong, with avereage defenses.

The other Pokemon here don't look very limber at all, nor do they look like something speedy and/or strong

I voted EoE's, would've voted Cyzir's but EoE's has a better chance of winning, and I just want this over with...

I don't like the idea of a knight or a skeleton, sorry guys :[

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Omg, i still love yours Elegy, but everyone did a very good job too.

Elegy, u began in 6th place, now you are first on the 3rd round, wow. Thats how it should be, i love your design ^^

I just nullified a pointless argument. Please stay on topic.

Edit: Although, admittedly, there isn't much to discuss in this topic. Take your posts to the stuff that matters (counters thread)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)