CaP Prevos - Movepool Updates

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hi All,

I've finally got some time to get this sorted.

CaP Prevos can finally commence movepool updates following all of the CaP Propers being fully updated to include IoA Tutor moves. I would like to do movepool passes over all of the pre-Gen 8 prevos, and hopefully some of the super talented movepool makers can "adjust" some of the levels so they match up better with their parents. Currently most prevos are still on their Gen 7 movesets with maybe some Gen 8 added Egg Moves. I want to get these fully updated as the next part of CaP. The exception to this ofcourse would be already Gen 8 babies.

I'm making this thread for two reasons, A) to kick off this entire process and B) to get some quick ideas on what people would like to see. I feel like we could do a lot of this on Discord (I can get a channel made up for this), the main issue with this is that I am European and I know a lot of the CaP Regulars are American, so discussion time with me would be limited. I'm open to ideas on this one. We can make every movepool as a thread, or we can just discuss what would need to be removed from a parents movepool on Discord and go to a thread from there.

I do know that Nohface, Monohm and Duohm, Protowatt and our latest bouncing baby, Dorsoil all need movepools created from their parents. I think the easiest way to do this is to just make them as Gen 8 movepools and ignore the fact that they "existed" before. Obviously, we can go backwards at some point if we would like, but I think for right now to get them playable, we should just use their parents' Gen 8 movepools and create from there. This would finally complete the Gen 4 prevos.

I've spoken to a few people and they have highlighted some moves already which may be problematic to "Gen 8 CaPLC". One of these has already been half solved in that Cawmodore has had Belly Drum moved to an Evo move, which would allow us to remove it from Cawdet. I don't think many transfer moves of note would be lost outside of things like Toxic, but obviously Drum Cawdet was an issue previously to the point where it was "soft banned". I've also had Syclar mentioned to me as potential issues for CaPLC (Syclar's Physical movepool making it very difficult to handle). We would need to decide how we want to handle moves/scenarios like this. Especially where we have the opportunity to remove them entirely from the mon (or make some sort of complex ban because of it). If we decide no transfers, we screw Necturine but fix Cawdet for example.

All of the other prevos: Syclar, Embirch, Flarelm, Breezi, Rebble, Tactite, Privatyke, Voodoll, Scratchet, Necturine, Cupra, Argalis, Brattler, Cawdet, Volkritter, Snugglow, Floatoy, Caimanoe, Pluffle, Mumbao, Fawnifer, Electrelk, Smogecko, Smoguana, Swirlpool, Coribalis and Justyke will need to have updates completed and then put into Showdown. This is going to be a lot of work even after we manage to decide how we want to do this as the coding is not easy. These movepool passes should be much easier to complete as we have history of their existence and the new movepools from their parents. There's no strict time frame on this, but I can't see us taking much more than till the end of April to get this sorted.

I want to be clear here as well: The scope of this is just movepools. We aren't looking at power levels or ability changes at this time.

Let's get this done!

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
YES, let's do this!

We have been testing CAP LC a fair bit and talking on Discord on the state of the meta; Zephyri is assembling resources for new players. In regards to problematic moves that already exist on a Pokemon (Belly Drum Cawdet for example) I think the solution of moving the problem move to evolution only is the easiest and most elegant. The CAP LC creations, for the most part, haven't been put up to the same competitive scrutiny as their evolutions. I think complex bans are always kind of unappealing, and we are in the unique situation where we can actually fix these problems without banning the mons themselves since the meta doesn't formally exist yet. A lot of the appeal of CAP is being able to use the Pokemon CAP created; I don't see CAP LC being much different in that regards. Thankfully aside from Cawdet the only Pokemon I am really worried about is SD Syclar, and to be fair thats only because movepool updates have Icicle Spear/Triple Axel on the table. Solotl is also menace, but there is more involved with that than just movepool alone; imo Solotl would be better addressed later as its own thing after all the mons have been updated/implemented and meta has a chance to settle. Even though we are testing already, we are still working without some notable mons (Dorsoil and Nohface specifically.)

As for movepools, I would be more interested personally in seeing them posted here if for nothing else other than documentation and transparency of the process. I agree for newer babies just using their Gen 8 movepools. It makes things really easy, too. I.e., I just copied Colossoil's Gen 8 learnset from its update thread and trimmed away the bad flavor to create an example for Dorsoil (the only move it MIGHT miss competitively is Fire Fang, but even that is a stretch.) If you are going to post a movepool, you should be required to post the evo for comparison to make sure it looks consistent with the evolutionary line. I think we should avoid adding any moves to the EVOs whenever possible.

1 - Drill Run
1 - High Horsepower
1 - Leer
1 - Peck
5 - Horn Attack
10 - Bite
16 - Mud-Slap
21 - Rapid Spin
26 - Fury Attack
32 - Strength
37 - Knock Off
42 - Body Slam
48 - Bounce
53 - Stockpile
53 - Swallow
53 - Spit Up
58 - Crunch
64 - Megahorn
69 - Giga Impact
74 - Horn Drill
Egg - Double-Edge
Egg - Fake Out
Egg - Fissure
Egg - Flail
Egg - Sucker Punch
TM/TR - Hyper Beam
TM/TR - Giga Impact
TM/TR - Dig
TM/TR - Rest
TM/TR - Rock Slide
TM/TR - Snore
TM/TR - Protect
TM/TR - Attract
TM/TR - Sandstorm
TM/TR - Rain Dance
TM/TR - Sunny Day
TM/TR - Facade
TM/TR - Brick Break
TM/TR - Dive
TM/TR - Rock Tomb
TM/TR - Sand Tomb
TM/TR - Bounce
TM/TR - U-turn
TM/TR - Payback
TM/TR - Thunder Fang
TM/TR - Fire Fang
TM/TR - Round
TM/TR - Retaliate
TM/TR - Bulldoze
TM/TR - Snarl
TM/TR - Smart Strike
TM/TR - Brutal Swing
TM/TR - Earthquake
TM/TR - Substitute
TM/TR - Endure
TM/TR - Sleep Talk
TM/TR - Encore
TM/TR - Iron Tail
TM/TR - Taunt
TM/TR - Superpower
TM/TR - Dark Pulse
TM/TR - Earth Power
TM/TR - Stone Edge
TM/TR - Foul Play
TM/TR - Drill Run
TM/TR - Body Press
1 - Leer
1 - Sand Tomb
5 - Endure
10 - Dig
16 - Mud-Slap
21 - Rapid Spin
26 - Bulldoze
32 - Strength
36 - Knock Off
40 - Body Slam
45 - Bounce
51 - Stockpile
51 - Swallow
51 - Spit Up
56 - Earthquake
Egg - Double-Edge
Egg - Fake Out
Egg - Fissure
Egg - Flail
Egg - Sucker Punch
TM/TR - Rest
TM/TR - Rock Slide
TM/TR - Snore
TM/TR - Protect
TM/TR - Attract
TM/TR - Sandstorm
TM/TR - Rain Dance
TM/TR - Sunny Day
TM/TR - Facade
TM/TR - Brick Break
TM/TR - Dive
TM/TR - Rock Tomb
TM/TR - Bounce
TM/TR - U-turn
TM/TR - Payback
TM/TR - Round
TM/TR - Retaliate
TM/TR - Earthquake
TM/TR - Substitute
TM/TR - Sleep Talk
TM/TR - Encore
TM/TR - Iron Tail
TM/TR - Taunt
TM/TR - Superpower
TM/TR - Earth Power
TM/TR - Stone Edge
TM/TR - Foul Play
TM/TR - Body Press

For the CAP prevos with existing movepools, pretty much the same thing but also trimming transfer moves as well and double checking we aren't accidentally cutting away anything already implemented in their movepools on Showdown. I don't see many Gen 8 movepool additions being that disgusting for CAP LC mons with the exception of the aforementioned Icicle Spear/Triple Axel Syclar, so that is one that would for sure require actual discussion. I would prefer doing this on a forum thread because 1. Forum Activity for CAP LC is a better way to generate interest in the format and CAP as a whole, 2. Transparency and Documentation, and 3. LC calcs for multi-hit moves are hilarious.

I've only really passively followed CAP LC (I have no regular LC experience, and have mostly followed along with conversations on Discord), so I don't have any super strong opinions on changing things for the sake of CAP LC. I'd like to keep the flavor as believable as possible, but I am also also fine with doing small readjustments to movepools to keep particular prevos in line. On the issue of transferring, I'm not sure if I'm interpreting things correctly, but I'd honestly prefer if we allowed transfers, while axing some of the problematic moves on the prevos; this complicates things for CAP LC, but also stays consistent with how things are with regular LC Pokemon.
Brambane makes a good case for doing everything on the forums, and it's also a little more timezone agnostic. I'd be OK with a Discord approach, but the forums are fine for me as well. I also agree with the initial proposal to just do Gen 8 movepools for the Gen 4 Pokemon that need them to make things easier on ourselves.
One small nitpick that I wanted to bring up, since if it needs resolution, we could do it here: after Miasmaw got changes through the post-play lookback (Aromatherapy, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, +3 speed), Miasmite got those moves added to its movepool but not the speed. Should we do anything with these moves? None of them stand out as particularly bad flavor, and I'd be fine with keeping Miasmite the way it is now; I just wanted to get some thoughts on this.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am really glad we have started the process of revamping movepools for LCs, and I am of the agreement that we should definitely go incomplete Gen 4 CAPrevos then the rest. Maybe a compromise could be that the more challenging Gen 4 mons could be done on forums, since we are building full movepools from scratch, and then the rest get the same treatment as the CAPs did in regards to updates, as we have already proven that this can be an efficient way of handling it.

I'm excited to finally start seeing some prevo movepools!

I don't think it'll make CAP LC players very happy, but one big thing I was hoping to see with these would be Protowatt getting a short movepool like Tynamo and Beldum, with limited TMs/TRs, relying mostly on just the base level up (and in this case, Egg moves) for its movepool.

One small nitpick that I wanted to bring up, since if it needs resolution, we could do it here: after Miasmaw got changes through the post-play lookback (Aromatherapy, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab, +3 speed), Miasmite got those moves added to its movepool but not the speed. Should we do anything with these moves? None of them stand out as particularly bad flavor, and I'd be fine with keeping Miasmite the way it is now; I just wanted to get some thoughts on this.
I think Miasmite is fine with these changes. The moves feel like they are fine flavour, and the lack of the speed increase fits with its steep drop in speed compared to Miasmaw. It just now gains +58 on evolution instead of +55.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Oh hey we are finally doing this.

So while I could talk about the Cawdet deal, which I think should be resolved by making it the evo move and just eating the complex ban, or talking about which ones to do first, I'm going to talk about how we are going to approach this and why doing it all over the forums is a very bad idea.

Now for Nohface, Monohm, Duclohm, Protowatt, and Dorsoil, we should obviously do them over the forums. They still have entire movepool stages that need to be completed and abandoning our submission format for those for the sake of speed is losing the heart of CAP. Its the other that are more problematic.

You see, Movepool Updates are mostly a matter of momentum and if we want to get this done by the End of April, I think we won't be able to maintain that momentum if we want to do it all over the forums, especially if we make a thread for each individual CAP Prevo or CAP prevo line. I definetely agree with G-Luke on the idea that we need to do these over Discord, as that will let us set specific days for us to tackle these movepool updates similar to Gen 8 updates proper, although we should be able to get through most of them faster. If timezones regarding DHR are an issue, than mods should be able to step in to assist.

If we still do want to do these updates entirely over the forums, then I recommend condensing the prevos into groups, most easily by generation. That way, if a discussion is dying down on a certain line we can easily just transition over to another without disregarding the prevo in question.

I wholeheartedly agree on making Cawmodore's Belly Drum an evo move that gets removed from Cawdet.

Also, I would prefer finishing the recent prevos' movepools on the forums. We need to have an archive for them somewhere that can be reviewed later. However, we should update the already-completed prevos via Discord so we can have a sense of momentum.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all,

With some help from some of you guys I've managed to work out what the "Correct" movepools should be currently for both Syclar and Syclant. I'm doing this more of a proof of concept so we can all get on the right track when we do this properly. Snapped moves should be obvious, but there is some odd stuff with Egg Moves that Dogfish44 might need to take a look at.

Syclant
Evo - Ice Punch
Lv 1 - Fell Stinger
Lv 1 - Icicle Spear
Lv 1 - Counter
Lv 1 - Absorb
Lv 1 - Leer
Lv 5 - Ice Shard
Lv 10 - Focus Energy
Lv 14 - Fury Attack
Lv 19 - Icy Wind
Lv 23 - Fury Cutter
Lv 28 - Slash
Lv 32 - X Scissor
Lv 37 - Hail
Lv 41 - Icicle Crash
Lv 46 - Bug Buzz
Lv 50 - Avalanche
Lv 55 - Sheer Cold
Counter
Double Edge
Earth Power
Fell Stinger
Mimic - G7
Pin Missile - G7
Spikes - G7
String Shot
Struggle Bug
Tail Glow - G7 - Snapped
Attract
Avalanche
Blizzard
Brick Break
Brutal Swing
Bug Buzz
Bulldoze
Earth Power
Earthquake
Endure
Facade
False Swipe
Fling
Focus Blast
Focus Energy
Giga Impact
Hail
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Ice Fang
Ice Punch
Icicle Spear
Icy Wind
Leech Life
Mega Punch
Metronome
Nasty Plot
Pin Missile
Protect
Rain Dance
Rest
Rock Slide
Round
Screech
Sleep Talk
Snore
Spikes
Stone Edge
Substitute
Super Power
Swift
Swords Dance
Taunt
U Turn
X Scissor
Dual Wingbeat
Skittersmack
Triple Axel
Bug Bite
Captivate - Snapped
Confide
Cut
Double Team
Focus Punch
Frost Breath
Frustration - Snapped
Hidden Power - Snapped
Hone Claws
Natural Gift - Snapped
Return - Snapped
Rock Smash
Secret Power - Snapped
Signal Beam - Snapped
Silver Wind - Snapped
Strength
Swagger
Toxic
Water Pulse

I think this is as up to date and accurate as I can make it. There's some odd conflicts for levels stuff is learnt (The stuff here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-8-cap-updates-cap-1-syclant.3658952/#post-8350246 has a number of errors and doesn't include Transfer moves).

Fortunately, Syclar did get update in gen 7, which makes this next bit a fair bit easier.

Lv 1 - Ice Punch -- Now Evo Move
Lv 1 - Absorb
Lv 1 - Leer
Lv 5 - Ice Shard
Lv 10 - Focus Energy
Lv 14 - Fury Attack
Lv 19 - Icy Wind
Lv 23 - Fury Cutter
Lv 28 - Slash
Lv 31 - X Scissor
Lv 34 - Hail
Lv 39 - Icicle Crash
Lv 43 - Bug Buzz
Lv 48 - Avalanche
Lv 55 - Sheer Cold
Counter - +G8
Double Edge - +G8
Earth Power - +G8
Fell Stinger - +G8
Mimic - G7
Pin Missile - G7
Spikes - G7
String Shot - +G8
Struggle Bug - +G8
Tail Glow - G7 - Snapped
Attract
Avalanche
Blizzard
Bug Buzz
Earth Power
Endure
Facade
False Swipe
Fling
Focus Energy
Hail
Ice Beam
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Leech Life
Pin Missile
Protect
Rain Dance
Rest
Round
Sleep Talk
Snore
Spikes
Substitute
Super Power
Swords Dance
Taunt
U Turn
X Scissor
TBD
Bug Bite
Captivate - Snapped
Confide
Cut
Double Team
Frost Breath
Frustration - Snapped
Hidden Power- Snapped
Hone Claws
Natural Gift- Snapped
Return - Snapped
Rock Smash
Secret Power- Snapped
Signal Beam - Snapped
Silver Wind - Snapped
Strength
Swagger
Toxic
Water Pulse

The above would be Syclars movepool with zero changes from Gen 7, now we have a pool of moves available to us to add:

Counter
Fell Stinger

Brick Break
Brutal Swing
Bulldoze
Earthquake
Focus Blast
Focus Punch
Giga Impact
Hyper Beam
Ice Fang
Icicle Spear
Mega Punch
Metronome
Nasty Plot
Rock Slide
Screech
Stone Edge
Swift

Dual Wingbeat
Skittersmack
Triple Axel

I think this is everything which Syclant has and Syclar doesn't. If someone wants to double check this, please do. I know kjnjkmjk1 and Brambane have mentioned a few of these moves being absurd already. Mostly Icicle Spear and Triple Axel (both of which I don't think fit Syclar very well anyway). I think with a few of these easier ones, posting them like this and then having a planned discussion on Discord might be the easiest and fastest way to get them sorted so we can move onto the next one. I think most of the Gen 7+ babies will be significantly easier, but there are always hiccups.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey all,

With some help from some of you guys I've managed to work out what the "Correct" movepools should be currently for both Syclar and Syclant. I'm doing this more of a proof of concept so we can all get on the right track when we do this properly. Snapped moves should be obvious, but there is some odd stuff with Egg Moves that Dogfish44 might need to take a look at.

Syclant
Evo - Ice Punch
Lv 1 - Fell Stinger
Lv 1 - Icicle Spear
Lv 1 - Counter
Lv 1 - Absorb
Lv 1 - Leer
Lv 5 - Ice Shard
Lv 10 - Focus Energy
Lv 14 - Fury Attack
Lv 19 - Icy Wind
Lv 23 - Fury Cutter
Lv 28 - Slash
Lv 32 - X Scissor
Lv 37 - Hail
Lv 41 - Icicle Crash
Lv 46 - Bug Buzz
Lv 50 - Avalanche
Lv 55 - Sheer Cold
Counter
Double Edge
Earth Power
Fell Stinger
Mimic - G7
Pin Missile - G7
Spikes - G7
String Shot
Struggle Bug
Tail Glow - G7 - Snapped
Attract
Avalanche
Blizzard
Brick Break
Brutal Swing
Bug Buzz
Bulldoze
Earth Power
Earthquake
Endure
Facade
False Swipe
Fling
Focus Blast
Focus Energy
Giga Impact
Hail
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Ice Fang
Ice Punch
Icicle Spear
Icy Wind
Leech Life
Mega Punch
Metronome
Nasty Plot
Pin Missile
Protect
Rain Dance
Rest
Rock Slide
Round
Screech
Sleep Talk
Snore
Spikes
Stone Edge
Substitute
Super Power
Swift
Swords Dance
Taunt
U Turn
X Scissor
Dual Wingbeat
Skittersmack
Triple Axel
Bug Bite
Captivate - Snapped
Confide
Cut
Double Team
Focus Punch
Frost Breath
Frustration - Snapped
Hidden Power - Snapped
Hone Claws
Natural Gift - Snapped
Return - Snapped
Rock Smash
Secret Power - Snapped
Signal Beam - Snapped
Silver Wind - Snapped
Strength
Swagger
Toxic
Water Pulse

I think this is as up to date and accurate as I can make it. There's some odd conflicts for levels stuff is learnt (The stuff here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-8-cap-updates-cap-1-syclant.3658952/#post-8350246 has a number of errors and doesn't include Transfer moves).

Fortunately, Syclar did get update in gen 7, which makes this next bit a fair bit easier.

Lv 1 - Ice Punch -- Now Evo Move
Lv 1 - Absorb
Lv 1 - Leer
Lv 5 - Ice Shard
Lv 10 - Focus Energy
Lv 14 - Fury Attack
Lv 19 - Icy Wind
Lv 23 - Fury Cutter
Lv 28 - Slash
Lv 31 - X Scissor
Lv 34 - Hail
Lv 39 - Icicle Crash
Lv 43 - Bug Buzz
Lv 48 - Avalanche
Lv 55 - Sheer Cold
Counter - +G8
Double Edge - +G8
Earth Power - +G8
Fell Stinger - +G8
Mimic - G7
Pin Missile - G7
Spikes - G7
String Shot - +G8
Struggle Bug - +G8
Tail Glow - G7 - Snapped
Attract
Avalanche
Blizzard
Bug Buzz
Earth Power
Endure
Facade
False Swipe
Fling
Focus Energy
Hail
Ice Beam
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Leech Life
Pin Missile
Protect
Rain Dance
Rest
Round
Sleep Talk
Snore
Spikes
Substitute
Super Power
Swords Dance
Taunt
U Turn
X Scissor
TBD
Bug Bite
Captivate - Snapped
Confide
Cut
Double Team
Focus Punch
Frost Breath
Frustration - Snapped
Hidden Power- Snapped
Hone Claws
Natural Gift- Snapped
Return - Snapped
Rock Smash
Secret Power- Snapped
Signal Beam - Snapped
Silver Wind - Snapped
Strength
Swagger
Toxic
Water Pulse

The above would be Syclars movepool with zero changes from Gen 7, now we have a pool of moves available to us to add:

Counter
Fell Stinger

Brick Break
Brutal Swing
Bulldoze
Earthquake
Focus Blast
Giga Impact
Hyper Beam
Ice Fang
Icicle Spear
Mega Punch
Metronome
Nasty Plot
Rock Slide
Screech
Stone Edge
Swift

Dual Wingbeat
Skittersmack
Triple Axel

I think this is everything which Syclant has and Syclar doesn't. If someone wants to double check this, please do. I know kjnjkmjk1 and Brambane have mentioned a few of these moves being absurd already. Mostly Icicle Spear and Triple Axel (both of which I don't think fit Syclar very well anyway). I think with a few of these easier ones, posting them like this and then having a planned discussion on Discord might be the easiest and fastest way to get them sorted so we can move onto the next one. I think most of the Gen 7+ babies will be significantly easier, but there are always hiccups.
This looks great DHR, excellent work. The only thing that I think might make this process easier is including all the moves in one set code, kind of how they were portrayed in the final posts for the Gen 8 Updates such as the one below, granted it doesn't include IoA Tutor moves or Transfer moves:

Code:
1 - Counter
1 - Fell Stinger
1 - Icicle Spear
1 - Leer
1 - Absorb
1 - Ice Shard
1 - Focus Energy
14 - Fury Attack
19 - Icy Wind
23 - Fury Cutter
28 - Slash
30 - Ice Punch
32 - X-Scissor
37 - Hail
41 - Icicle Crash
46 - Bug Buzz
50 - Avalanche
55 - Sheer Cold
Egg - Counter
Egg - Struggle Bug
Egg - String Shot
Egg - Double-Edge
Egg - Earth Power
Egg - Fell Stinger
TM/TR - Mega Punch
TM/TR - Ice Punch
TM/TR - Pin Missile
TM/TR - Hyper Beam
TM/TR - Giga Impact
TM/TR - Screech
TM/TR - Rest
TM/TR - Rock Slide
TM/TR - Snore
TM/TR - Protect
TM/TR - Icy Wind
TM/TR - Attract
TM/TR - Rain Dance
TM/TR - Hail
TM/TR - Facade
TM/TR - Swift
TM/TR - Brick Break
TM/TR - Icicle Spear
TM/TR - U-turn
TM/TR - Fling
TM/TR - Avalanche
TM/TR - Ice Fang
TM/TR - Round
TM/TR - Bulldoze
TM/TR - False Swipe
TM/TR - Brutal Swing
TM/TR - Swords Dance
TM/TR - Ice Beam
TM/TR - Blizzard
TM/TR - Earthquake
TM/TR - Focus Energy
TM/TR - Metronome
TM/TR - Leech Life
TM/TR - Substitute
TM/TR - Spikes
TM/TR - Endure
TM/TR - Sleep Talk
TM/TR - Taunt
TM/TR - Superpower
TM/TR - X-Scissor
TM/TR - Bug Buzz
TM/TR - Focus Blast
TM/TR - Earth Power
TM/TR - Nasty Plot
TM/TR - Stone Edge

As for specific suggestions related to Syclar, I would suggest the removal of Ice Punch due to the way that Evo moves are generally handled (that is being unavailable on the prevos), and then the addition of Ice Fang, Dual Wingbeat, Skitter Smack and potentially Nasty Plot though I'm not convinced. Ice Fang would be an appropriate replacement for Ice Punch imo, and the other two are unproblematic IoA tutor moves. Nasty Plot as a TM/TR would be an easy enough addition as well.

Running through the list, these are my suggestions (mostly just putting this here until whenever discussion actually happens):
Level up: Keep the same from DHR's post. I think it's fine to leave off Fell Stinger and Counter off. While Icicle Spear would've been nice flavor, there's been some concerns from CAP LC about its power, and it's not close to being universal for Ice types anyways.
Egg Moves: Keep the same from DHR's post, besides removing Tail Glow, for obvious reasons.
TMs/TRs: Agree on Ice Fang being a good addition and substitute for Ice Punch, as well as Nasty Plot. I think Metronome, Rock Slide, Screech, and Swift can be inserted as well. I think Bulldoze could go on here as well, although I'm less sure.
IoA Tutors: agree on adding Skitter Smack. Dual Wingbeat is iffy for me because Syclar's wings are absolutely tiny, but given Game Freak's standard for wings, I guess I'd be OK with it. Also agree on excluding Triple Axel because it looks even less likely to pull of the move than Syclant does, in addition to CAP LC power concerns.
Transfer: Not sure how Focus Punch got on here, Syclar hasn't learned it in the past and there's no reason to give it now. Everything else looks fine to me from a flavor standpoint.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Fixed the Focus Punch mention, you are correct in that it was never in Syclars movepool anyway. Not sure how that happened as my list doesn't mention it either.

I would suggest the removal of Ice Punch due to the way that Evo moves are generally handled (that is being unavailable on the prevos)
While I agree this change is fine for Syclar which lacks true fists, I want to note for future reference that this is not generally true: Bulbapedia has a list, with some examples being Pikachu - Thunder Punch, Shellder - Icicle Spear, Natu - Air Slash, Ralts/Kirlia - Dazzling Gleam.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While I agree this change is fine for Syclar which lacks true fists, I want to note for future reference that this is not generally true: Bulbapedia has a list, with some examples being Pikachu - Thunder Punch, Shellder - Icicle Spear, Natu - Air Slash, Ralts/Kirlia - Dazzling Gleam.
Great point! I meant on the level up movepool though, but I might still be wrong. Either case I think its fair for Ice Fang to replace Ice Punch on the LU itself.

<Redacted link, almost everything in the spreadsheet has been posted in the thread>
Compiled some more movepools in the above document, specifically for the CAPs whose prevos need full movepools: Kitsunoh, Cyclohm, Colossoil, and Krilowatt. I referenced both the update thread and the Showdown raw file, and compared the two to check for any inconsistencies.
Notably, Colossoil is actually missing Screech as a TM move on Pokemon Showdown, as it was formerly an egg move in Gen 7 and became TM16 this generation. Cyclohm was missing Nature Power and Krilowatt was missing Torment in their movepools from the update threads as transfer moves, although they are implemented correctly on Showdown. Other than that, I didn't notice any discrepancies between the two.
I'm planning on doing more CAPs on this sheet. I'm also happy to convert the movepools here into a more readable format for either the movepool submission threads or for this thread if necessary.

EDIT: This spreadsheet now contains my checks for every CAP fully implemented on Showdown so far (so excluding Chromera at the time of this edit, as it is currently in post-play lookback). This also includes CAPs that don't have prevos.

Last edited:
I have more to report on this front: specifically, I've made an attempt at fixing up Fidgit and Breezi.

Fidgit :Fidgit:
Evo: Drill Run
1 Drill Run
1 Gastro Acid
1 Wide Guard
1 Gust
1 Tailwind
1 Helping Hand
1 Aerial Ace
1 Acrobatics
1 Rest

1 Encore
9 Rapid Spin
14 Knock Off
19 Copycat
25 Whirlwind
30 Body Slam
35 Sludge Bomb
41 Toxic Spikes
47 Gravity
54 Toxic
60 Earth Power
65 Gunk Shot
TM00 Mega Punch
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM15 Dig
TM17 Light Screen
TM18 Reflect
TM19 Safeguard
TM20 Self-Destruct
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM41 Helping Hand
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM49 Sand Tomb
TM52 Bounce
TM53 Mud Shot
TM56 U-turn
TM59 Fling
TM62 Speed Swap
TM70 Trick Room
TM71 Wonder Room
TM72 Magic Room
TM74 Venoshock
TM76 Round
TM78 Acrobatics
TM81 Bulldoze
TM96 Smart Strike
TM97 Brutal Swing
TM98 Stomping Tantrum
TR01 Body Slam
TR10 Earthquake
TR14 Metronome
TR20 Substitute
TR22 Sludge Bomb
TR23 Spikes
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR37 Taunt
TR40 Skill Swap
TR57 Poison Jab
TR67 Earth Power
TR73 Gunk Shot
TR75 Stone Edge
TR76 Stealth Rock
TR78 Sludge Wave
TR87 Drill Run
Scorching Sands
Skitter Smack
Disable
Double-Edge
Entrainment
Follow Me
Wish
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Aerial Ace (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Mud-Slap (Gen 7 Tutor)
Role Play (Gen 7 Tutor)
Twister (Gen 7 Tutor)
After You (Gen 7 Tutor)
Mimic (Gen 7 Egg Move)
Block (Gen 6 Tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 5 TM)
Notably, Dig and Rock Tomb are implemented as transfer only moves on Showdown, but are TMs this generation, so I inserted them into the TM/TR list and bolded them. I am happy to move them out if this is considered misleading.
EDIT: Added Body Slam as a missing TM.

Breezi :Breezi:
1 Gust
1 Tailwind
1 Helping Hand
5 Encore
9 Safeguard
14 Knock Off
19 Copycat
25 Whirlwind
30 - Aerial Ace
34 Sludge Bomb
39 Toxic Spikes
44 - Rest
50 - Toxic (formerly the snapped Heal Block)
55 - Acrobatics
59 - Gunk Shot (formerly the snapped Lucky Chant)
TM17 Light Screen
TM18 Reflect
TM19 Safeguard
TM20 Self-Destruct
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM41 Helping Hand
TM49 Sand Tomb
TM52 Bounce
TM56 U-turn
TM59 Fling
TM62 Speed Swap
TM70 Trick Room
TM71 Wonder Room
TM72 Magic Room
TM74 Venoshock
TM76 Round
TM78 Acrobatics
TR01 Body Slam
TR14 Metronome
TR20 Substitute
TR22 Sludge Bomb
TR23 Spikes
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR37 Taunt
TR40 Skill Swap
TR57 Poison Jab
TR73 Gunk Shot
TR76 Stealth Rock
TR78 Sludge Wave
None right now
Disable
Double-Edge
Entrainment
Follow Me
Wish
Double Team (G7 TM)
Psych Up (G7 TM)
Swagger (G7 TM)
Confide (G7 TM)
After You (Gen 7 tutor)
Block (Gen 7 tutor)
Role Play (Gen 7 tutor)
Twister (Gen 4 tutor)
Mimic (Gen 7 Egg move)
Mud-Slap (Gen 4 tutor)
For level-up, I just took out all the moves from Breezi's Gen 7 level up that conflicted with Fidgit or were snapped. For TM/TR, I took everything that was a TM/TR and that Breezi could learn at some point. Egg moves were completely copied over from Fidgit. Transfer moves were cross-referenced with Fidgit's to make sure they lined up. Particular notes:
  • Body Slam used to be a level up move for Breezi, but was deliberately taken out in G-Luke's movepool. It is a levelup move on Fidgit now, so I am not sure what we want to do with this.
  • Aerial Ace was formerly in Breezi's levelup movepool, but if we choose to replace it with Body Slam to match Fidgit, it would become a transfer move.
  • Toxic would be a transfer move, but we can insert it into the levelup movepool to mirror Fidgit.
Here's the unused moves from Fidgit available to be added. Moves that are currently somewhere in Breezi's learnset are italicized. Moves that Fidgit gained this generation are in bolded. I deliberately removed Drill Run because it is an evo move. I excluded the moves where the level ups conflict with each other, since those are less additions and more a matter of resolving conflicts.
Gastro Acid
Wide Guard

TM00 Mega Punch
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM22 Rock Slide
TM53 Mud Shot
TM81 Bulldoze
TM96 Smart Strike
TM97 Brutal Swing
TM98 Stomping Tantrum
TR10 Earthquake
TR67 Earth Power
TR75 Stone Edge

Skitter Smack
Scorching Sands

EDIT: MrDollSteak informed me on Discord formerly prevo-exclusive moves were added to their evolution's movepools as level 1 moves. In that case, the level up movepools would look like this (changes in bold):
Evo: Drill Run
1 Drill Run
1 Gastro Acid
1 Wide Guard
1 Gust
1 Tailwind
1 Helping Hand
1 Aerial Ace
1 Acrobatics
1 Rest

1 Encore
9 Rapid Spin
14 Knock Off
19 Copycat
25 Whirlwind
30 Body Slam
35 Sludge Bomb
41 Toxic Spikes
47 Gravity
54 Toxic
60 Earth Power
65 Gunk Shot
1 Gust
1 Tailwind
1 Helping Hand
5 Encore
9 Safeguard
14 Knock Off
19 Copycat
25 Whirlwind
30 - Aerial Ace
34 Sludge Bomb
39 Toxic Spikes
44 - Rest
50 - Toxic (formerly the snapped Heal Block)
55 - Gunk Shot (formerly the snapped Lucky Chant)
59 - Acrobatics
This would also result in Aerial Ace being removed from Fidgit's transfer moves.

EDIT 2: Automatically substituted Toxic for Heal Block in Breezi's movepool to match Fidgit. Also making a correction; I initially believed Fidgit had Earth Power in the same slot that Breezi had Lucky Chant, but what actually happened was Fidgit also had Lucky Chant, and Lucky Chant was replaced with Gunk Shot for Fidgit. I did the same for Breezi, which also means adding it as a TR.

EDIT3: Per the live meeting:
  • New TMs: Bounce, Speed Swap, Self-Destruct
  • Other TMs: Magic Room, Wonder Room
  • Swap Gunk Shot and Acrobatics in level up to match Fidgit's order

Last edited:
Did the Stratagem line.

Stratagem :Stratagem:
1 Paleo Wave
1 Quick Guard
1 Laser Focus
1 Weather Ball
1 Tackle
1 Defense Curl
1 Rollout
1 Mud-Slap
Evo Move: Paleo Wave
13 Rock Blast
17 Disable
21 Accelerock
26 Accupressure
30 Ancient Power
34 Mud Shot
39 Power Gem
43 Double Edge
47 Earth Power
52 Metal Sound
56 Vacuum Wave
60 Lock On
65 Head Smash
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM28 Giga Drain
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM46 Weather Ball
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM53 Mud Shot
TM54 Rock Blast
TM62 Speed Swap
TM76 Round
TM81 Bulldoze
TM94 False Swipe
TM96 Smart Strike
TR02 Flamethrower
TR10 Earthquake
TR15 Fire Blast
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR36 Heat Wave
TR38 Trick
TR49 Calm Mind
TR63 Power Gem
TR65 Energy Ball
TR67 Earth Power
TR69 Zen Headbutt
TR75 Stone Edge
TR76 Stealth Rock
TR92 Dazzling Gleam
Meteor Beam
None (Stratagem is in the Undiscovered egg group)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Smack Down (Gen 7 TM)
Double-Team (Gen 7 TM)
Aerial Ace (Gen 7 TM)
Explosion (Gen 7 TM)
Rock Polish (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Cut (Gen 6 HM)
Headbutt (Gen 4 Tutor)
Incinerate (Gen 6 TM)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Notably, Rain Dance is implemented as a transfer move, but should be a TM move, so I inserted it into the TM list and bolded it. I am happy to take this out of this is considered misleading.
EDIT: Per the live meeting, removed Speed Swap from level up.

Rebble :rebble:
1 Tackle
1 Defense Curl
Evolution: Evolve at Level 28
4 Rollout
8 Mud-Slap
13 Rock Blast
17 Disable
21 Accelerock
26 Accupressure
30 Ancient Power
34 Mud Shot
38 Power Gem
41 Double Edge
45 Earth Power
50 Metal Sound
54 Vacuum Wave
59 Lock On
63 Head Smash
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM28 Giga Drain
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM53 Mud Shot
TM54 Rock Blast
TM62 Speed Swap
TM76 Round
TM81 Bulldoze
TM94 False Swipe
TR02 Flamethrower
TR10 Earthquake
TR15 Fire Blast
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR36 Heat Wave
TR38 Trick
TR49 Calm Mind
TR63 Power Gem
TR65 Energy Ball
TR67 Earth Power
TR69 Zen Headbutt
TR75 Stone Edge
TR76 Stealth Rock
TR92 Dazzling Gleam
Meteor Beam
None
Cut (Gen 6 HM)
Headbutt (Gen 4 Tutor)
Incinerate (Gen 5/6 TM)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Smack Down (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Aerial Ace (Gen 7 TM)
Explosion (Gen 7 TM)
Rock Polish (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)

Notes:
  • Showdown has weird level up levels on Vacuum Wave and Lock On (seemingly copied from Stratagem), and Rebble straight up cannot learn Head Smash on Showdown, despite it being on the winning movepool submission in Gen 7. I went with the winning movepool submission on this one, and put Head Smash in and bolded it.
  • Showdown says Rebble can learn Hyper Beam in Gen 7. The winning movepool does not. I went with the winning movepool on this one, and placed Hyper Beam in the unused moves list.
Here's the unused moves from Stratagem for Rebble. Moves that Stratagem gained this generation are in bolded.
Quick Guard
Laser Focus
Weather Ball
Speed Swap

TM09 Giga Impact
TM46 Weather Ball
TM96 Smart Strike
EDIT: Per the live meeting, did the following:
  • IoA - Meteor Beam
  • Other TMs: Hyper Beam, Speed Swap

Tactite :tactite:
1 Tackle
1 Defense Curl
Evolution: Evolve by trade
4 Rollout
8 Mud-Slap
13 Rock Blast
17 Disable
21 Accelerock
26 Accupressure
30 Ancient Power
34 Mud Shot
39 Power Gem
43 Double Edge
47 Earth Power
51 Metal Sound
55 Vacuum Wave
59 Lock On
63 Head Smash
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM28 Giga Drain
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM53 Mud Shot
TM54 Rock Blast
TM62 Speed Swap
TM76 Round
TM81 Bulldoze
TM94 False Swipe
TM96 Smart Strike
TR02 Flamethrower
TR10 Earthquake
TR15 Fire Blast
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR36 Heat Wave
TR38 Trick
TR49 Calm Mind
TR63 Power Gem
TR65 Energy Ball
TR67 Earth Power
TR69 Zen Headbutt
TR75 Stone Edge
TR76 Stealth Rock
TR92 Dazzling Gleam
Meteor Beam
None
Cut (Gen 6 HM)
Headbutt (Gen 4 Tutor)
Incinerate (Gen 5/6 TM)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Smack Down (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Aerial Ace (Gen 7 TM)
Explosion (Gen 7 TM)
Rock Polish (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)

Notes:
  • On Showdown, Tactite also has a weird level for Vacuum Wave (also seemingly copied from Stratagem). It is missing Head Smash as a level up move (it's implemented as transfer only), despite it showing up on the winning submission. Again, I deferred to the winning submission on this one and left it in and bolded it.
  • The winning submission says Tactite should learn Giga Impact, but it's only a transfer move from Gen 4 on Showdown. I deferred to the winning submission on this one and inserted it into the TM list and bolded it.
Here's the unused moves from Stratagem for Tactite. Moves that Stratagem gained this generation are in bolded.
Quick Guard
Laser Focus
Weather Ball

TM09 Giga Impact
TM46 Weather Ball
EDIT: Per the live meeting, did the following
  • IoA - Meteor Beam
  • TMs - Removed Giga Impact
  • Level up - Removed Speed Swap (only in Pheromosa's level up)

Last edited:
Arghonaut :arghonaut:
Evolve: Circle Throw
1 Circle Throw
1 Vacuum Wave
1 Water Gun
1 Wrap
1 Smokescreen
1 Yawn
14 Arm Thrust
19 Aqua Jet
24 Taunt
30 Headbutt
35 Mach Punch
40 Scald
46 Revenge
51 Thief
56 Submission
62 Wide Guard
67 Knock Off
73 Focus Punch
TM00 - Mega Punch
TM04 - Ice Punch
TM05 - Thunder Punch
TM08 - Hyper Beam
TM09 - Giga Impact
TM19 - Safeguard
TM21 - Rest
TM22 - Rock Slide
TM23 - Thief
TM24 - Snore
TM25 - Protect
TM26 - Scary Face
TM27 - Icy Wind
TM31 - Attract
TM33 - Rain Dance
TM35 - Hail
TM36 - Whirlpool
TM39 - Facade
TM42 - Revenge
TM43 - Brick Break
TM45 - Dive
TM48 - Rock Tomb
TM55 - Brine
TM59 - Fling
TM63 - Drain Punch
TM73 - Cross Poison
TM75 - Low Sweep
TM79 - Retaliate
TM76 - Round
TM81 - Bulldoze
TM94 - False Swipe
TR01 - Body Slam
TR03 - Hydro Pump
TR04 - Surf
TR05 - Ice Beam
TR06 - Blizzard
TR07 - Low Kick
TR10 - Earthquake
TR16 - Waterfall
TR20 - Substitute
TR22 - Sludge Bomb
TR23 - Spikes
TR26 - Endure
TR27 - Sleep Talk
TR37 - Taunt
TR39 - Superpower
TR45 - Muddy Water
TR48 - Bulk Up
TR53 - Close Combat
TR57 - Poison Jab
TR64 - Focus Blast
TR73 - Gunk Shot
TR75 - Stone Edge
TR81 - Foul Play
TR84 - Scald
TR85 - Work Up
TR95 - Throat Chop
TR99 - Body Press
Coaching
Lash Out
Skitter Smack
Cross Chop [ Barbaracle ]
Octazooka [ Octillery / Grapploct ]
Power-Up Punch [ Quagsire ]
Recover [ Milotic / Gastrodon / Toxapex / Quagsire ]
Cut (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Mud-Slap (Gen 4 tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Strength (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Roar (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Water Pulse (Gen 7 TM)
Notes:
  • Focus Blast is missing as a TR, despite having been learned in past generations (it is implemented on Showdown as a transfer move from Gen 7), so I took the liberty of adding it into the list and bolding it.
  • Psych Up is completely absent from Arghonaut's learnset on Showdown, despite the Gen 7 movepool on the forums having it. Privatyke doesn't have this move either (see below), but it appears in the winning movepool submission. I have left this move off the movepool for now if we want to retroactively remove it to be consistent with Pokemon Showdown, but am happy to add it in somewhere (likely as a transfer move based on the Gen 7 TM) if we decide to keep it.

Privatyke:privatyke:
1 Water Gun (formerly Bubble)
1 Wrap
7 Smokescreen
10 Yawn
14 Arm Thrust
19 Aqua Jet
24 Taunt
30 Headbutt (formerly Chip Away)
35 Mach Punch
37 Evolution
38 Scald
42 Revenge
45 Thief
48 Submission
52 Wide Guard
55 Knock Off (formerly Punishment)
59 Focus Punch
TM00 - Mega Punch
TM04 - Ice Punch
TM05 - Thunder Punch
TM19 - Safeguard
TM21 - Rest
TM22 - Rock Slide
TM23 - Thief
TM24 - Snore
TM25 - Protect
TM26 - Scary Face
TM27 - Icy Wind
TM31 - Attract
TM33 - Rain Dance
TM35 - Hail
TM36 - Whirlpool
TM39 - Facade
TM43 - Brick Break
TM45 - Dive
TM48 - Rock Tomb
TM55 - Brine
TM59 - Fling
TM63 - Drain Punch
TM75 - Low Sweep
TM79 - Retaliate
TM76 - Round
TM81 - Bulldoze
TM94 - False Swipe
TR01 - Body Slam
TR04 - Surf
TR05 - Ice Beam
TR06 - Blizzard
TR07 - Low Kick
TR10 - Earthquake
TR16 - Waterfall
TR20 - Substitute
TR22 - Sludge Bomb
TR23 - Spikes
TR26 - Endure
TR27 - Sleep Talk
TR37 - Taunt
TR39 - Superpower
TR45 - Muddy Water
TR48 - Bulk Up
TR53 - Close Combat
TR57 - Poison Jab
TR81 - Foul Play
TR84 - Scald
TR85 - Work Up
TR95 - Throat Chop
Coaching
Lash Out
Skitter Smack
Cross Chop [ Barbaracle ]
Octazooka [ Octillery / Grapploct ]
Power-Up Punch [ Quagsire ]
Recover [ Milotic / Gastrodon / Toxapex / Quagsire ]
Cut (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Mud-Slap (Gen 4 tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Strength (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Vacuum Wave (Gen 4 Tutor)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Roar (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Water Pulse (Gen 7 TM)

Notes
  • See Arghonaut regarding the Psych Up issue.
  • The replacements for snapped moves in Privatyke's movepool are relatively straightforward, so I took the liberty of inserting them myself based on Arghonaut's moves.
  • Vacuum Wave was formerly a transfer move via Gen 4 tutor, but was added to Arghonaut's level 1 movepool. I didn't know whether we wanted to mirror that with Privatyke, so I left it in unused moves for now, but this should be addressed.
  • Cross Chop is listed as a Gen 7 TM for Privatyke, but Cross Chop was not a TM that generation, or any other generation. It should be a Gen 7 Egg move. It doesn't really affect much, as it is also properly implemented as a Gen 8 egg move, but I wanted to point that out.
Below are the unused moves from Arghonaut. Moves already in Privatyke's movepool are italicized, moves that Arghonaut gained this generation are bolded.
Vacuum Wave

TM08 - Hyper Beam
TM09 - Giga Impact
TM73 - Cross Poison
TR03 - Hydro Pump

TR64 - Focus Blast
TR73 - Gunk Shot
TR75 - Stone Edge
TR99 - Body Press
EDIT: Per the live meeting, gave the following:
  • IoA - Coaching, Lash Out, Skitter Smack
  • New TMs - Mega Punch, Body Slam, Muddy Water, Throat Chop
  • Transfer - Psych Up (Gen 7 TM), Vacuum Wave (Gen 4)

Last edited:
Writing up the four CAPs with prevos that need complete movepools together.

Nohface :nohface:
1 Scratch
1 Tail Whip
4 Lick
8 Torment
12 Spite
16 Shadow Sneak
20 Copycat
24 Fake Out
28 Hone Claws
32 Shadow Claw
36 Revenge
40 Trick
44 Memento
48 Perish Song
TM04 Ice Punch
TM05 Thunder Punch
TM15 Dig
TM19 Safeguard
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM38 Will-O-Wisp
TM39 Facade
TM42 Revenge
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM58 Assurance
TM59 Fling
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM70 Trick Room
TM76 Round
TM77 Hex
TM79 Retaliate
TM94 False Swipe
TR14 Metronome
TR20 Substitute
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR31 Iron Tail
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR37 Taunt
TR38 Trick
TR53 Close Combat
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR81 Foul Play
TR90 Play Rough
Poltergeist
Skitter Smack
Curse (Onix to Cufant)
Defog (Farfetch'd)
Feather Dance (Hawlucha to Farfetch'd)
Flail (Swinub)
Metal Sound (Lucario)
Meteor Mash (Lucario)
Psycho Shift (Xatu to Woobat)
Sucker Punch (Diglett)
Wish (Togetic to Togedemaru)
Yawn (Wooper)
Roar (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Dream Eater (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Endeavor (Gen 7 tutor)
Fury Cutter (Gen 4 tutor)
Headbutt (Gen 4 tutor)
Knock Off (gen 7 tutor)
Last Resort (gen 7 tutor)
Magic Coat (gen 7 tutor)
Pain Split (gen 7 tutor)
Cut (gen 6 tm)

Kitsunoh:kitsunoh:
1 Metal Claw
1 Trick
1 Bullet Punch
1 Scratch
1 Tail Whip
1 Lick
1 Torment
Metal Claw (evo)
14 Spite
18 Shadow Sneak
22 Copycat
27 Fake Out
31 Hone Claws
35 Shadow Claw
39 Revenge
43 Iron Head
48 Shadow Strike
52 Memento
56 Perish Song
TM04 Ice Punch
TM05 Thunder Punch
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM15 Dig
TM19 Safeguard
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM38 Will-O-Wisp
TM39 Facade
TM42 Revenge
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM58 Assurance
TM59 Fling
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM70 Trick Room
TM76 Round
TM77 Hex
TM79 Retaliate
TM81 Bulldoze
TM94 False Swipe
TR07 Low Kick
TR10 Earthquake
TR14 Metronome
TR20 Substitute
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR31 Iron Tail
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR37 Taunt
TR38 Trick
TR39 Superpower
TR46 Iron Defense
TR53 Close Combat
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR70 Flash Cannon
TR74 Iron Head
TR81 Foul Play
TR90 Play Rough
Poltergeist
Skitter Smack
Steel Beam
Curse (Onix to Cufant)
Defog (Farfetch'd)
Feather Dance (Hawlucha to Farfetch'd)
Flail (Swinub)
Metal Sound (Lucario)
Meteor Mash (Lucario)
Psycho Shift (Xatu to Woobat)
Sucker Punch (Diglett)
Wish (Togetic to Togedemaru)
Yawn (Wooper)
Roar (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Dream Eater (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Endeavor (Gen 7 tutor)
Fury Cutter (Gen 4 tutor)
Headbutt (Gen 4 tutor)
Knock Off (gen 7 tutor)
Last Resort (gen 7 tutor)
Magic Coat (gen 7 tutor)
Pain Split (gen 7 tutor)
Super Fang (gen 7 tutor)
Cut (gen 6 tm)
No issues, as far as I could see.
EDIT: Inserted Nohface movepool from MrDollSteak.
EDIT 2: MrDollSteak added Trick in Nohface's level up, so inserted it into Kitsunoh's level up as well.

Monohm:monohm:
1 Tackle
1 Growl
4 Twister
8 Thunder Shock
12 Whirlwind
16 Charge
20 Thunder Wave
24 Dragon Tail
28 Dragon Breath
32 Discharge
36 Rain Dance
40 Weather Ball
44 Slack Off
48 Thrash
52 Lock-On
52 Zap Cannon
56 Thunder
TM14 Thunder Wave
TM17 Light Screen
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM35 Hail
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM46 Weather Ball
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM70 Trick Room
TM76 Round
TM80 Volt Switch
TM81 Electro Ball
TM82 Electroweb
TM90 Electric Terrain
TM93 Eerie Impulse
TR03 Hydro Pump
TR04 Surf
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR13 Focus Energy
TR16 Waterfall
TR20 Substitute
TR24 Outrage
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR31 Iron Tail
TR45 Muddy Water
TR62 Dragon Pulse
TR63 Power Gem
TR86 Wild Charge
Rising Voltage
Aqua Tail (Blastoise)
Headbutt (Scrafty)
Mud-Slap (Flygon)
Powder Snow (Abomasnow)
Roar (Hydreigon)
TM03 Water Pulse (Gen 6 TM/Tutor)
TM06 Toxic (Gen 6 TM)
TM32 Double Team (Gen 6 TM)
TM40 Aerial Ace (Gen 6 TM)
TM41 Torment (Gen 6 TM)
TM57 Charge Beam (Gen 6 TM)
TM87 Swagger (Gen 6 TM)
TM100 Confide (Gen 6 TM)
Shock Wave (Gen 6 Tutor)
Heal Bell (Gen 6 Egg)
Nature Power (Gen 7 TM96)

Duohm:duohm:
Evolution: Double Hit
1 Double Hit
1 Electric Terrain
1 Tackle
1 Growl
1 Twister
1 Thunder Shock
1 Whirlwind
16 Charge
20 Thunder Wave
24 Dragon Tail
29 Dragon Breath
33 Discharge
37 Rain Dance
42 Weather Ball
47 Slack Off
52 Thrash
57 Lock-On
57 Zap Cannon
62 Thunder
TM14 Thunder Wave
TM17 Light Screen
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM35 Hail
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM46 Weather Ball
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM67 Ice Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM70 Trick Room
TM76 Round
TM80 Volt Switch
TM81 Electro Ball
TM82 Electroweb
TM90 Electric Terrain
TM93 Eerie Impulse
TR02 Flamethrower
TR03 Hydro Pump
TR04 Surf
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR13 Focus Energy
TR15 Fire Blast
TR16 Waterfall
TR20 Substitute
TR24 Outrage
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR31 Iron Tail
TR45 Muddy Water
TR47 Dragon Claw
TR62 Dragon Pulse
TR63 Power Gem
TR86 Wild Charge
Draco Meteor
Rising Voltage
Aqua Tail (Blastoise)
Headbutt (Scrafty)
Mud-Slap (Flygon)
Powder Snow (Abomasnow)
Roar (Hydreigon)
TM06 Toxic (Gen 6 TM)
TM41 Torment (Gen 6 TM)
TM87 Swagger (Gen 6 TM)
TM100 Confide (Gen 6 TM)
Shock Wave (Gen 6 Tutor)
Heal Bell (Gen 6 Egg)
Strength (Gen 4 TM)
Hone Claws (Gen 5/6 TM)
Incinerate (Gen 5/6 TM)

Cyclohm:cyclohm:
Evolution: Tri Attack
1 Tri Attack
1 Double Hit
1 Electric Terrain
1 Tackle
1 Growl
1 Twister
1 Thunder Shock
1 Whirlwind
16 Charge
20 Thunder Wave
24 Dragon Tail
29 Dragon Breath
33 Discharge
37 Rain Dance
42 Weather Ball
48 Slack Off
53 Thrash
59 Lock-On
59 Zap Cannon
65 Thunder
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM14 Thunder Wave
TM17 Light Screen
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM35 Hail
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM46 Weather Ball
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM67 Ice Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM70 Trick Room
TM76 Round
TM80 Volt Switch
TM81 Electo Ball
TM81 Bulldoze
TM82 Electroweb
TM90 Electric Terrain
TM93 Eerie Impulse
TM99 Breaking Swipe
TR02 Flamethrower
TR03 Hydro Pump
TR04 Surf
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR10 Earthquake
TR13 Focus Energy
TR15 Fire Blast
TR16 Waterfall
TR19 Tri Attack
TR20 Substitute
TR24 Outrage
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR31 Iron Tail
TR45 Muddy Water
TR47 Dragon Claw
TR62 Dragon Pulse
TR63 Power Gem
TR86 Wild Charge
Rising Voltage
Draco Meteor
Aqua Tail (Blastoise)
Headbutt (Scrafty)
Mud-Slap (Flygon)
Powder Snow (Abomasnow)
Roar (Hydreigon)
TM06 Toxic (Gen 6 TM)
TM41 Torment (Gen 6 TM)
TM87 Swagger (Gen 6 TM)
TM100 Confide (Gen 6 TM)
Shock Wave (Gen 6 Tutor)
Heal Bell (Gen 6 Egg)
Strength (Gen 4 TM)
Hone Claws (Gen 5/6 TM)
Incinerate (Gen 5/6 TM)
Cyclohm is missing Nature Power from its transfer moves in the Gen 8 update thread, despite it being a Gen 7 TM that it learned, so I took the liberty of placing it there myself. It is implemented properly on Showdown already.
EDIT: Due to a mistake on my part, Double Hit (learned at level 20) and TM32 Sandstorm were accidentally removed. I've added them back.
EDIT 2: Inserted Monohm/Duohm movepool from me, and adjusted Cyclohm's movepool to match (moving Double Hit to level 1, adding Thunder Wave to level up).

Dorsoil :dorsoil:
1 Leer
1 Peck
5 Bite
10 Mud-Slap
16 Rapid Spin
21 Sand Tomb
26 Strength
32 Knock Off
37 Body Slam
42 Bounce
48 Stockpile
48 Swallow
48 Spit Up
53 Crunch
TM15 Dig
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM43 Brick Break
TM45 Dive
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM49 Sand Tomb
TM52 Bounce
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM81 Bulldoze
TM85 Snarl
TM97 Brutal Swing
TR01 Body Slam
TR10 Earthquake
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR30 Encore
TR31 Iron Tail
TR32 Crunch
TR37 Taunt
TR39 Superpower
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR67 Earth Power
TR81 Foul Play
TR87 Drill Run
TR94 High Horsepower
TR99 Body Press
Scorching Sands
Double-Edge (Eevee)
Fake Out (Meowth)
Fissure (Dugtrio)
Flail (Goldeen)
Sucker Punch (Dugtrio)
Roar (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Mimic (Gen 7 Egg)
Wide Guard (Gen 7 Egg)
Aqua Tail (Gen 7 Tutor)
Block (Gen 7 Tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM)
Ancient Power (Gen 4 Tutor)
Rollout (Gen 4 Tutor)

Colossoil:colossoil:
Evo Move: Drill Run
1 Drill Run
1 Sand Tomb
1 High Horsepower
1 Leer
1 Peck
5 Horn Attack
10 Bite
16 Mud-Slap
21 Rapid Spin
26 Fury Attack
32 Strength
37 Knock Off
42 Body Slam
48 Bounce
53 Stockpile
53 Swallow
53 Spit Up
58 Crunch
64 Megahorn
69 Giga Impact
74 Horn Drill
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM15 Dig
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM31 Attract
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM39 Facade
TM43 Brick Break
TM45 Dive
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM49 Sand Tomb
TM52 Bounce
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM81 Bulldoze
TM85 Snarl
TM96 Smart Strike
TM97 Brutal Swing
TR01 Body Slam
TR10 Earthquake
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR28 Megahorn
TR30 Encore
TR31 Iron Tail
TR32 Crunch
TR37 Taunt
TR39 Superpower
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR67 Earth Power
TR75 Stone Edge
TR81 Foul Play
TR87 Drill Run
TR94 High Horsepower
TR99 Body Press
Lash Out
Scorching Sands
Double-Edge (Eevee)
Fake Out (Meowth)
Fissure (Dugtrio)
Flail (Goldeen)
Sucker Punch (Dugtrio)
Roar (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Mimic (Gen 7 Egg)
Wide Guard (Gen 7 Egg)
Aqua Tail (Gen 7 Tutor)
Block (Gen 7 Tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM)
Ancient Power (Gen 4 Tutor)
Rollout (Gen 4 Tutor)
Screech was an egg move in Gen 7, and is implemented that way on Pokemon Showdown. However, Screech is actually a TM this generation, but it is not implemented as a move Colossoil can receive in Gen 8. I've taken the liberty of adding it to the TM/TR list myself and bolding it.
EDIT: Colossoil is listed as learning High Horsepower through level up, but not through TM/TR, so I inserted it myself.
EDIT 2: Colossoil is listed as learning Body Slam through level up, but not through TM/TR, so I inserted it myself. Thanks to Da Pizza Man for pointing this out.
EDIT 3: Colossoil is listed as learning Crunch and Megahorn through level up, but not through TM/TR, so I inserted them myself. Thanks to LucarioOfLegends for pointing out the lack of Crunch, which made me go back and manually check for the rest.
EDIT 4: Added Dorsoil's movepool from LucarioOfLegends, and added Sand Tomb to Colossoil's level 1 to match.

Protowatt:protowatt:
1 Water Gun
1 Charge
5 Thunder Shock
10 Confuse Ray
None
None
Counter (Pyukumuku)
Entrainment (Araquanid)
Follow Me (Togekiss)
Mirror Coat (Cursola)
Sheer Cold (Glalie)
None

Krilowatt:krilowatt:
Evo: Aqua Tail
1 Aqua Tail
1 Magnetic Flux
1 Ice Shard
1 Water Gun
1 Charge
1 Thunder Shock
1 Confuse Ray
17 Imprison
24 Mirror Coat
28 Bubble Beam
33 Counter
39 Copycat
46 Mind Reader
51 Discharge
53 Wild Charge
57 Guillotine
63 Thunder
68 Muddy Water
TM04 Ice Punch
TM05 Thunder Punch
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM14 Thunder Wave
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM35 Hail
TM36 Whirlpool
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM41 Helping Hand
TM44 Imprison
TM45 Dive
TM57 Payback
TM59 Fling
TM62 Speed Swap
TM75 Low Sweep
TM76 Round
TM80 Volt Switch
TM81 Bulldoze
TM82 Electroweb
TM90 Electric Terrain
TM93 Eerie Impulse
TR04 Surf
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR07 Low Kick
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR10 Earthquake
TR14 Metronome
TR16 Waterfall
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR31 Iron Tail
TR45 Muddy Water
TR67 Earth Power
TR80 Electro Ball
TR84 Scald
TR86 Wild Charge
TR98 Liquidation
Flip Turn
Rising Voltage
Counter (Pyukumuku)
Entrainment (Araquanid)
Follow Me (Togekiss)
Mirror Coat (Cursola)
Sheer Cold (Glalie)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Recycle (Gen 7 Tutor)
Shock Wave (Gen 7 Tutor)
Water Pulse (Gen 7 Tutor)
Cut (Gen 6 TM)
Fury Cutter (Gen 4 Tutor)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Krilowatt is missing Torment from its transfer moves in the Gen 8 update thread, despite it being a Gen 7 TM that it learned, so I took the liberty of placing it there myself. It is implemented properly on Showdown already.
EDIT: Inserted Protowatt movepool from Da Pizza Man

Last edited:
The Tomohawk line is similar to the Fidgit line in that the two stages have very different levelup movepools, so I had to add level 1 moves to Tomohawk that it did not learn this gen, but Scratchet did. I bolded these in Tomohawk's level-up movepool.

Tomohawk :tomohawk:
1 Sunny Day
1 Aura Sphere
1 Fury Swipes
1 Harden
1 Scratch
1 Power-Up Punch
1 Focus Energy
1 Roar
1 Work Up
1 Bulk Up
1 Taunt
1 Retaliate

13 Rock Smash
17 Aerial Ace
20 Morning Sun
23 Whirlwind
29 Rain Dance
33 Air Slash
37 Submission
42 Heat Wave
45 Hyper Voice
49 Roost
50 Superpower
51 Hurricane
53 Rest
55 Sky Attack
60 Healing Wish
TM00: Mega Punch
TM01: Mega Kick
TM06: Fly
TM08: Hyper Beam
TM09: Giga Impact
TM11: Solar Beam
TM19: Safeguard
TM21: Rest
TM22: Rock Slide
TM23: Thief
TM24: Snore
TM25: Protect
TM30: Steel Wing
TM31: Attract
TM33: Rain Dance
TM34: Sunny Day
TM39: Facade
TM41: Helping Hand
TM42: Revenge
TM43: Brick Break
TM48: Rock Tomb
TM59: Fling
TM76: Round
TM78: Acrobatics
TM79: Retaliate
TM81: Bulldoze
TM94: False Swipe
TM95: Air Slash
TR01: Body Slam
TR10: Earthquake
TR13: Focus Energy
TR20: Substitute
TR21: Reversal
TR26: Endure
TR27: Sleep Talk
TR29: Baton Pass
TR31: Iron Tail
TR36: Heat Wave
TR37: Taunt
TR39: Superpower
TR42: Hyper Voice
TR48: Bulk Up
TR53: Close Combat
TR56: Aura Sphere
TR64: Focus Blast
TR66: Brave Bird
TR75: Stone Edge
TR76: Stealth Rock
TR77: Grass Knot
TR85: Work Up
TR89: Hurricane
TR95: Throat Chop
Coaching
Dual Wingbeat
Confuse Ray (Ninetales)
Haze (Quagsire)
Memento (Skuntank)
Nature Power (Shiftry)
Quash (Oranguru)
Rapid Spin (Excadrill)
Yawn (Quagsire)
Aqua Tail (Gen 7 Tutor)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Echoed Voice (Gen 7 TM)
Flash (Gen 6 TM)
Incinerate (Gen 6 TM)
Strength (Gen 6 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)

Notes:
  • The Showdown implementation has some different levelup numbers from the update thread for some of the early moves (Showdown says Scratch at 4 and Power-up Punch at 8, thread says both of those at 1). I'm inclined to believe the thread more, given how these movepools usually work, but I'm leaving this note of this change.
  • Confuse Ray is implemented on Showdown as a Gen 7 TM, but it is not a Gen 7 TM (it was an egg move for Tomohawk that generation), and it should actually be an egg move for Tomohawk, as the thread says.
  • Roar is implemented as a transfer move from Gen 7, but Scratchet learning it by level up means it should have been a level 1 move.
  • Focus Energy needs to be introduced into Tomohawk's learnset, since Scratchet gets it by level up, but Tomohawk does not.

Scratchet:scratchet:
1 Scratch
4 Harden
9 Rock Smash
13 Focus Energy
18 Fury Swipes
23 Roar
27 Work Up
32 Submission
36 Hyper Voice
40 Bulk Up
45 Superpower
49 Taunt
53 Rest
57 Retaliate
TM00: Mega Punch
TM01: Mega Kick
TM19: Safeguard
TM22: Rock Slide
TM23: Thief
TM34: Sunny Day
TM41: Helping Hand
TM42: Revenge
TM43: Brick Break
TM48: Rock Tomb
TM59: Fling
TM79: Retaliate
TM81: Bulldoze
TM94: False Swipe
TR13: Focus Energy
TR21: Reversal
TR29: Baton Pass
TR39: Superpower
TR42: Hyper Voice
TR48: Bulk Up
TR53: Close Combat
TR64: Focus Blast
TR76: Stealth Rock
TR77: Grass Knot
TR85: Work Up
TR95: Throat Chop
Coaching
Confuse Ray (Ninetales)
Haze (Quagsire)
Memento (Skuntank)
Nature Power (Shiftry)
Quash (Oranguru)
Rapid Spin (Excadrill)
Yawn (Quagsire)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Echoed Voice (Gen 7 TM)
Roost (Gen 7 TM/Egg)
Flash (Gen 6 TM)
Power-Up Punch (Gen 6 TM98)
Strength (Gen 6 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Notes:
  • Power-Up Punch is listed as a transfer on the winning movepool, but it's present on Tomohawk's level up (was added to it this generation). Should this be exclusive to Tomohawk, or should we just add it in? I left it in the transfer moves, but I think this needs discussion.
  • Scratchet got Aerial Ace via TM last gen, but it is not a TM this gen. Tomohawk has Aerial Ace in its movepool, but Scratchet doesn't exactly have the space for it (unless we make space). If we don't reintroduce it, it becomes transfer only.
  • This is definitely one of the more confusing movepools by far. Hopefully I haven't made any bad blunders.
Below are the unused moves from Tomohawk. Moves already in Scratchet's movepool elsewhere are italicized, moves that Tomohawk gained this generation are bolded.
Sunny Day
Aura Sphere
Power-Up Punch
Aerial Ace
Morning Sun
Whirlwind
Rain Dance
Air Slash
Heat Wave
Roost (moved into levelup this gen)
Hurricane
Sky Attack
Healing Wish

TM06: Fly
TM11: Solar Beam
TM30: Steel Wing
TM78: Acrobatics
TM95: Air Slash
TR10: Earthquake
TR36: Heat Wave
TR66: Brave Bird
TR75: Stone Edge
TR89: Hurricane

Dual Wingbeat
EDIT: Per the live meeting, did the following:
  • IoA - Coaching
  • New TMs - Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Revenge, Body Slam, Reversal, Endure, Sleep Talk, Close Combat, Throat Chop

Last edited:
Necturna:necturna:
1 Horn Leech (EVO)
1 Thunder Fang
1 Poison Fang
1 Super Fang
1 Leer
1 Vine Whip
1 Shadow Sneak
1 Leech Seed
17 Magical Leaf
23 Toxic Spikes
23 Will-O-Wisp
28 Hex
34 Grassy Terrain
39 Night Shade
45 Pain Split
50 Seed Bomb
56 Shadow Ball
61 Power Whip
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM10 Magical Leaf
TM11 Solar Beam
TM12 Solar Blade
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM28 Giga Drain
TM31 Attract
TM33 Shadow Ball
TM38 Will-O-Wisp
TM39 Façade
TM43 Sunny Day
TM57 Payback
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM76 Round
TM77 Hex
TM88 Grassy Terrain
TR11 Psychic
TR18 Leech Life
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR32 Crunch
TR34 Future Sight
TR49 Calm Mind
TR50 Leaf Blade
TR51 Seed Bomb
TR54 Toxic Spikes
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR65 Energy Ball
TR75 Stone Edge
TR71 Leaf Storm
TR72 Power Whip
TR77 Grass Knot
Grassy Glide
Skitter Smack
Curse (Torkoal)
Gravity (Stonjourner -> Ferroseed)
Ingrain (Roselia)
Spite (Gen 7 Tutor)
Worry Seed (Gen 7 Tutor)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Dream Eater (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Nature Power (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Cut (Gen 5/6 TM/HM)
Notes:
  • Showdown says Necturna learned Seed Bomb and Payback at some point, but they seem to be missing from the Gen 8 movepool, and only work as previous generation moves. I added them back as TM/TRs for now and bolded them.
  • Showdown also says that Necturna learned Cut as a transfer move from Gen 5/6, but this is missing from the update thread, so I added it to the transfer moves list.
  • EDIT: Per the live meeting, added Seed Bomb to Necturna's level up at level 50 and moved the rest down.
Necturine:necturine:
1 Leer
1 Vine Whip
4 Shadow Sneak
8 Leech Seed
11 Magical Leaf
15 Toxic Spikes
15 Will-O-Wisp
18 Hex
22 Grassy Terrain
26 Night Shade
29 Pain Split
34 Seed Bomb
39 Shadow Ball
43 Power Whip
TM10 Magical Leaf
TM11 Solar Beam
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM28 Giga Drain
TM31 Attract
TM33 Shadow Ball
TM38 Will-O-Wisp
TM39 Façade
TM43 Sunny Day
TM57 Payback
TM76 Round
TM77 Hex
TM88 Grassy Terrain
TR11 Psychic
TR18 Leech Life
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR34 Future Sight
TR49 Calm Mind
TR50 Leaf Blade
TR51 Seed Bomb
TR54 Toxic Spikes
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR65 Energy Ball
TR71 Leaf Storm
TR72 Power Whip
TR77 Grass Knot
Grassy Glide
Skitter Smack
Curse (Torkoal)
Gravity (Stonjourner -> Ferroseed)
Ingrain (Roselia)
Spite (Gen 7 Tutor)
Worry Seed (Gen 7 Tutor)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Dream Eater (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Nature Power (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Cut (Gen 5/6 TM/HM)
Note:
  • On Showdown, Necturine learns Toxic Spikes at level 23, but the final submission says it should learn it at level 15, at the same level as Will-o-Wisp. I went with level 15 to be consistent with Necturna, who learns both Toxic Spikes and Will-o-Wisp at the same level.
  • Necturine learns Seed Bomb by level up in Gen 7, but Necturna does not have Seed Bomb in its level up movepool. The easiest solution would be to shove it into level 1 for Necturna for consistency's sake.
  • Necturine learned Natural Gift by level up, but that move is snapped, so the levels need to be readjusted to accommodate this.
  • In general, a bunch of Necturine's Gen 7 implementation is a mess, but thankfully a lot of it just falls into place to be consistent with Necturna.
Below are the unused moves from Necturna. Moves already in Necturine's movepool elsewhere are italicized, moves that Necturna gained this generation are bolded.
Thunder Fang
Poison Fang
Super Fang

TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM12 Solar Blade
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Thunder Fang
TR32 Crunch
TR75 Stone Edge
EDIT: Per the live meeting, made the following changes:
  • IoA - Grassy Glide, Skitter Smack
  • New TMs - Endure
  • Level up - Moved all level up moves down one spot

Last edited:
Aurumoth:aurumoth:
1- Dragon Dance
1- Tackle
1- String Shot
1- Double Team
1- Struggle Bug
1 - Bug Bite
1 - Zen Headbutt
1 - Reflect
1 - Light Screen
1 - Psychic

14- Sunny Day
21- Heal Pulse
27- Imprison
34- Will-O-Wisp
41- Final Gambit
47- Ancient Power
Ev.- Psychic Terrain
54- Wish
61- Healing Wish
67- Nasty Plot
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM11 Solar Beam
TM17 Light Screen
TM18 Reflect
TM19 Safeguard
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM30 Steel Wing
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM35 Hail
TM38 Will-O-Wisp
TM39 Facade
TM41 Helping Hand
TM44 Imprison
TM59 Fling
TM71 Wonder Room
TM72 Magic Room
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM82 Electroweb
TM91 Psychic Terrain
TR03 Hydro Pump
TR04 Surf
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR11 Psychic
TR20 Substitute
TR25 Psyshock
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR28 Megahorn
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR38 Trick
TR40 Skill Swap
TR43 Overheat
TR51 Dragon Dance
TR53 Close Combat
TR60 X-Scissor
TR61 Bug Buzz
TR64 Focus Blast
TR68 Nasty Plot
TR69 Zen Headbutt
TR83 Ally Switch
Dual Wingbeat
Expanding Force
Skitter Smack
Terrain Pulse
Counter (Sudowoodo -> Dwebble -> Aurumoth)
Feint (Trapinch)
Cut (Gen 6 HM/TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Dream Eater (Gen 7 TM)
Echoed Voice (Gen 7 TM)
Infestation (Gen 7 TM)
Magic Coat (Gen 7 TM)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Recycle (Gen 7 TM)
Role Play (Gen 7 tutor)
Shock Wave (Gen 7 tutor)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Wing Attack (Gen 7 egg)
Water Pulse (Gen 7 TM)
Disable (Gen 7 egg)
Note:
  • There's a number of differences between Aurumoth's level up and Cupra and Argalis's level ups. For example, Bug Bite and Zen Headbutt implemented as a Cupra level up move, but it is not in Aurumoth's level up anywhere, so I stuck them in level 1. Bug Bite in particular is currently implemented as a transfer move, so that would have to be modified.
  • Argalis gets screens and Psychic through level up, whereas Aurumoth does not, so those had to be added at level 1 as well.
  • Showdown says Aurumoth should get Struggle Bug at level 7, while the update thread says it should be at level 1. I went with level 1, as that seems to be consistent with other movepools.
  • Wing Attack and Disable, despite being egg moves for Cupra in Gen 7, were not directly implemented as transfer moves for Aurumoth (they doesn't appear in its learnset at all).
Cupra :cupra:
1 Tackle
1 String Shot
7 Bug Bite
14 Sunny Day
21 Heal Pulse
27 Struggle Bug
32 Will-o-Wisp
38 Final Gambit
44 Ancient Power
48 Wish
54 Zen Headbutt
60 Nasty Plot (formerly Tail Glow)
TM17 Light Screen
TM18 Reflect
TM19 Safeguard
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM30 Steel Wing
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM35 Hail
TM38 Will-O-Wisp
TM39 Facade
TM41 Helping Hand
TM44 Imprison
TM59 Fling
TM71 Wonder Room
TM72 Magic Room
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM82 Electroweb
TM91 Psychic Terrain
TR03 Hydro Pump
TR11 Psychic
TR20 Substitute
TR25 Psyshock
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR28 Megahorn
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR38 Trick
TR40 Skill Swap
TR53 Close Combat
TR60 X-Scissor
TR61 Bug Buzz
TR68 Nasty Plot
TR69 Zen Headbutt
TR83 Ally Switch
Dual Wingbeat
Expanding Force
Skitter Smack
Feint (Trapinch)
Cut (Gen 6 HM/TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Dream Eater (Gen 7 TM)
Echoed Voice (Gen 7 TM)
Infestation (Gen 7 TM)
Magic Coat (Gen 7 TM)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Recycle (Gen 7 TM)
Role Play (Gen 7 tutor)
Shock Wave (Gen 7 tutor)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Wing Attack (Gen 7 egg)
Water Pulse (Gen 7 TM)
Disable (Gen 7 egg)
Notes:
  • Tail Glow was snapped, so I took the liberty of replacing it with Nasty Plot, as was done with Aurumoth.
  • Double Team is Aurumoth's levelup, but is essentially a transfer move as a Gen 7 TM for Cupra at the moment. I wasn't sure if we wanted to add it into Cupra's movepool, as there are no otherwise empty slots to put it in, so I put Double Team into transfer moves for now.
Dragon Dance
Double Team (added to levelup for Aurumoth this gen)
Imprison
Healing Wish

TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM11 Solar Beam
TR04 Surf
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR43 Overheat
TR51 Dragon Dance
TR64 Focus Blast

Dual Wingbeat
Expanding Force
Skitter Smack
Terrain Pulse
Argalis:argalis:
1 Tackle
1 String Shot
1 Double Team (formerly Spotlight)
1 - Struggle Bug
1 - Zen Headbutt

7 Bug Bite
14 Sunny Day
21 Heal Pulse
27 Imprison (formerly Ominous Wind)
34 Will-o-Wisp
41 Final gambit
47 Ancient Power
52 Wish
57 Light Screen
57 Reflect
62 Psychic
65 Nasty Plot (formerly Tail Glow)
TM17 Light Screen
TM18 Reflect
TM19 Safeguard
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM27 Icy Wind
TM30 Steel Wing
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM35 Hail
TM38 Will-O-Wisp
TM39 Facade
TM41 Helping Hand
TM44 Imprison
TM59 Fling
TM71 Wonder Room
TM72 Magic Room
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM82 Electroweb
TM91 Psychic Terrain
TR03 Hydro Pump
TR11 Psychic
TR20 Substitute
TR25 Psyshock
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR28 Megahorn
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR38 Trick
TR40 Skill Swap
TR53 Close Combat
TR60 X-Scissor
TR61 Bug Buzz
TR68 Nasty Plot
TR69 Zen Headbutt
TR83 Ally Switch
Dual Wingbeat
Expanding Force
Skitter Smack
Feint (Trapinch)
Cut (Gen 6 HM/TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Dream Eater (Gen 7 TM)
Echoed Voice (Gen 7 TM)
Infestation (Gen 7 TM)
Magic Coat (Gen 7 TM)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Recycle (Gen 7 TM)
Role Play (Gen 7 tutor)
Shock Wave (Gen 7 tutor)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Wing Attack (Gen 7 egg)
Water Pulse (Gen 7 TM)
Disable (Gen 7 egg)
Notes
  • There are a few snapped moves in Argalis's level up. For now, I've just removed them and suggested replacements from Aurumoth's level up in parentheses. If we choose new moves for these slots that aren't in Aurumoth's level up, we need to add those to Aurumoth's level 1. Notably, Imprison (a move that the line did not get before) was put in place of Ominous Wind for Aurumoth, so I left Imprison in Argalis's TM list under the assumption that a similar replacement will happen with Argalis.
  • I needed to add Cupra's level up moves that Argalis doesn't learn by levelup to Argalis's level 1 (namely Zen Headbutt and Struggle Bug).
  • Showdown says that Argalis should learn Wish at level 54 (likely copied from Aurumoth), while the winning movepool says that Wish should be learned at 52. I went with 52 to create a progression between Cupra learning it at 48 and Aurumoth learning it at 54.
  • Double Team is Aurumoth's levelup, but is essentially a transfer move as a Gen 7 TM for Argalis at the moment. It seemed to have replaced Spotlight on Aurumoth, so I left it off of Argalis's transfer moves list under the assumption that this replacement would also happen for Argalis.
Dragon Dance
Healing Wish

TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TR06 Blizzard
TR09 Thunder
TR43 Overheat
TR51 Dragon Dance

Terrain Pulse

Last edited:
Malaconda :malaconda:
1 Rapid Spin
1 Follow Me
1 Wrap
1 Leer
1 Vine Whip
1 Payback
15 Scary Face
20 Grass Knot
24 Sucker Punch
29 Slam
34 Leaf Blade
38 Glare
43 Crunch
48 Spiky Shield
52 Power Whip
57 Foul Play
62 Parting Shot
66 Solar Blade
Evolve: Rapid Spin
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM11 Solar Beam
TM12 Solar Blade
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM26 Scary Face
TM28 Giga Drain
TM31 Attract
TM34 Sunny Day
TM37 Beat Up
TM39 Façade
TM46 Weather Ball
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM67 Ice Fang

TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM85 Snarl
TM97 Brutal Swing
TM99 Breaking Swipe
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR31 Iron Tail
TR32 Crunch
TR37 Taunt
TR50 Leaf Blade
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR59 Seed Bomb
TR65 Energy Ball
TR68 Nasty Plot
TR72 Power Whip
TR77 Grass Knot
TR81 Foul Play
TR86 Wild Charge
TR95 Throat Chop
Grassy Glide
Lash Out
Scale Shot
Skitter Smack
Aromatherapy (Oddish)
Feint (Goodra)
Haze (Wooper->Feebas)
Night Slash (Diglett->Seedot)
Stun Spore (Oddish)
Poison Powder (Oddish)
Sweet Scent (Oddish)
Bind (gen 7 tutor)
Confide (gen 7 tm)
Cut (gen 6 hm/tm)
Double Team (gen 7 tm)
Dragon Tail (gen 7 tm)
Heal Bell (gen 7 tutor)
Knock Off (gen 7 tutor)
Nature Power (gen 7 tm)
Recycle (gen 7 tutor)
Roar (gen 7 tm)
Spite (gen 7 tutor)
Strength (gen 6 hm/tm)
Swagger (gen 7 tm)
Synthesis (gen 7 tutor)
Toxic (gen 7 tm)
Worry Seed (gen 7 tutor)
Notes
  • I had to do some cleanup of the egg moves, as a number of them are duplicates of TMs that Malaconda should be able to learn. Thunder Fang isn't passed by anything, but it is implemented (properly) as a TM. Beat Up is passed by Pokemon in Malaconda's egg group, but it's a TM anyways. Screech and Ice Fang aren't in Malaconda's learnset on Showdown at all, and are passed by nothing, although they are still gen 7 egg moves on Brattler. Basically, I moved all of these moves to TMs and bolded them.
  • Malaconda is also missing Swagger from its transfer moves list, so I put it in there.
  • EDIT: As a result of the live meeting, swapped Power Whip and Spiky Shield in the level up.
Brattler:brattler:
1 Wrap
1 Leer
5 Vine Whip
8 Payback (formerly Pursuit)
11 Scary Face
15 Grass Knot
18 Sucker Punch
22 Slam
26 Leaf Blade
31 Glare
35 Crunch
40 Spiky Shield
44 Power Whip
49 Foul Play (formerly Wring Out)
55 Parting Shot (formerly Punishment)
TM11 Solar Beam
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM26 Scary Face
TM28 Giga Drain
TM31 Attract
TM34 Sunny Day
TM37 Beat Up
TM39 Façade
TM46 Weather Ball
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM67 Ice Fang
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM85 Snarl
TM97 Brutal Swing
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR31 Iron Tail
TR32 Crunch
TR37 Taunt
TR50 Leaf Blade
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR59 Seed Bomb
TR65 Energy Ball
TR68 Nasty Plot
TR72 Power Whip
TR77 Grass Knot
TR81 Foul Play
TR86 Wild Charge
Grassy Glide
Lash Out
Scale Shot
Skitter Smack
Aromatherapy (Oddish)
Feint (Goodra)
Haze (Wooper->Feebas)
Night Slash (Diglett->Seedot)
Stun Spore (Oddish)
Poison Powder (Oddish)
Sweet Scent (Oddish)
Bind (gen 7 tutor)
Confide (gen 7 tm)
Cut (gen 6 hm/tm)
Double Team (gen 7 tm)
Dragon Tail (gen 7 tm)
Heal Bell (gen 7 tutor)
Knock Off (gen 7 tutor)
Nature Power (gen 7 tm)
Recycle (gen 7 tutor)
Roar (gen 7 tm)
Spite (gen 7 tutor)
Strength (gen 6 hm/tm)
Synthesis (gen 7 tutor)
Toxic (gen 7 tm)
Worry Seed (gen 7 tutor)
Swagger (gen 7 tm)
Notes:
  • Brattler's level up has three snapped moves in Pursuit, Wring Out and Punishment. I went ahead and replaced them with the corresponding moves in Malaconda's level up in Payback, Foul Play and Parting Shot, respectively.
  • Brattler's level up movepool is a bit weird in general. For some reason, Malaconda has Power Whip before Spiky Shield, while Brattler has Spiky Shield before Power Whip. I also don't really know what Glare is doing at level 1 in Brattler's movepool, so I haven't added it to Malaconda's level 1 yet. These aren't exactly the biggest issues, but I wanted to point out these weird inconsistencies.
    • Removed Glare from Brattler's level 1. Went with Spiky Shield before Power Whip.
Follow Me
Solar Blade

TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM12 Solar Blade
TM99 Breaking Swipe
TR95 Throat Chop
After the live meeting, made the following changes:
  • Set Crunch to level 35, remove Glare from level 1
  • IoA: Grassy Glide, Lash Out, Scale Shot, Skitter Smack
  • New TMs: Endure, Nasty Plot, Weather Ball

Last edited:
Cawmodore:cawmodore:
1 Belly Drum
1 Leer
1 Peck
1 Growl
1 Swift
13 Metal Claw
18 Screech
22 Wing Attack
26 Detect
31 Steel Wing
39 Bullet Punch
44 Brine
48 Tailwind
52 Belch
58 Flash Cannon
64 Hurricane
70 Sky Attack
Evo: Belly Drum
TM00 Mega Punch
TM06 Fly
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM30 Steel Wing
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM36 Whirlpool
TM37 Beat Up
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM42 Revenge
TM43 Brick Break
TM55 Brine
TM58 Assurance
TM63 Drain Punch
TM76 Round
TM78 Acrobatics
TM95 Air Slash
TR04 Surf
TR12 Agility
TR14 Metronome
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR46 Iron Defense
TR70 Flash Cannon
TR74 Iron Head
TR89 Hurricane
TR95 Throat Chop
Dual Wingbeat
Steel Beam
Aerial Ace (Cramorant)
Drill Peck (Corviknight, Cramorant)
Metal Sound (Corviknight)
Quick Attack (Unfezant)
Quick Guard (Lucario -> Galarian Farfetch'd)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Strength (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Pluck (Gen 5 TM)
Aerial Ace (Gen 7 TM)
Block (Gen 7 tutor)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Endeavor (Gen 7 tutor)
Knock Off (Gen 7 tutor)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Shock Wave (Gen 7 tutor)
Smack Down (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Water Pulse (Gen 7 tutor)
Modified a few of the egg move parents to be consistent with base game, but otherwise no changes. I did compile the transfer list myself, so hopefully that's fine.

Cawdet:cawdet:
1 Leer
1 Peck
5 Growl
9 Swift
13 Metal Claw
18 Screech
22 Wing Attack
26 Detect
31 Steel Wing
34 Bullet Punch
48 Brine
42 Tailwind
45 Flash Cannon
59 Hurricane
TM06 Fly
TM16 Screech
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM30 Steel Wing
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM36 Whirlpool
TM37 Beat Up

TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM43 Brick Break
TM55 Brine
TM58 Assurance
TM63 Drain Punch
TM76 Round
TM78 Acrobatics
TM79 Retaliate
TM95 Air Slash
TR04 Surf
TR14 Metronome
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR46 Iron Defense
TR70 Flash Cannon
TR74 Iron Head
TR89 Hurricane
Steel Beam
Dual Wingbeat
Aerial Ace (Cramorant)
Drill Peck (Corviknight, Cramorant)
Metal Sound (Corviknight)
Quick Attack (Unfezant)
Quick Guard (Lucario -> Galarian Farfetch'd)
Rock Smash (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Strength (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Pluck (Gen 5 TM)
Aerial Ace (Gen 7 TM)
Block (Gen 7 tutor)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Endeavor (Gen 7 tutor)
Knock Off (Gen 7 tutor)
Psych Up (Gen 7 TM)
Sky Attack (Gen 7 tutor)
Smack Down (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Water Pulse (added gen 7)
Shock Wave (added gen 7)
Notes:
  • Removed Belly Drum. Huzzah.
  • Cawdet has the dubious distinction of being the oldest prevo with an unupdated movepool, which means that everything on Showdown is either an egg move added in Gen 7/8 or marked for Gen 5. This luckily didn't cause too many issues for now, although if anything gets unsnapped in the future, we will need to do some more reconstruction (ex. giving it Secret Power, since that was a universal TM in ORAS). Level up was copied from the original movepool with Belly Drum removed, TM/TR was derived from what moves Cawdet had access to, Tutor was straightforward (Steel type, so Steel Beam), Egg was copied from Cawmodore, and Transfer was also copied from Cawmodore after checking for moves that it didn't have before.
  • Cawdet's movepool likely needs its levels readjusted around the lack of Belly Drum.
  • Cawdet learned Sky Attack by move tutor, but there is no way for it to learn Sky Attack this generation. Cawmodore had it added to its levelup this gen, but seeing as it is usually reserved for fully evolved Pokemon, I decided to put it into the transfer moves list.
  • Cawmodore got Water Pulse and Shock Wave by Gen 6/7 move tutors. Wasn't sure if Cawdet should also get them, so they go in the unused moves section for now.
Belch (inserted Gen 7)

TM00 Mega Punch
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM42 Revenge
TR12 Agility
TR95 Throat Chop
  • Move everything in Cawdet's level up down to fill the slot left by Belly Drum
  • IoA: Dual Wingbeat
  • New TMs: Whirlpool, Beat Up, Assurance, Metronome, Endure, Iron Defense
  • Transfers: Water Pulse, Shock Wave

Last edited:
Volkraken:volkraken:
1 Bind
1 Bite
1 Absorb
1 Reflect
1 Water Gun
14 Whirlpool
18 Fire Spin
23 Incinerate
28 Scald
32 Destiny Bond
35 Fire Lash
39 Dive
42 Power Gem
46 Aqua Ring
51 Heat Wave
56 Hydro Pump
60 Memento
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM13 Fire Spin
TM18 Reflect
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM26 Scary Face
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM36 Whirlpool
TM38 Will-O-Wisp
TM39 Facade
TM45 Dive
TM52 Bounce
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM58 Assurance
TM59 Fling
TM76 Round
TM94 False Swipe
TR02 Flamethrower
TR03 Hydro Pump
TR04 Surf
TR15 Fire Blast
TR16 Waterfall
TR18 Leech Life
TR20 Substitute
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR36 Heat Wave
TR43 Overheat
TR45 Muddy Water
TR63 Power Gem
TR70 Flash Cannon
TR84 Scald
TR98 Liquidation
Burning Jealousy
Flip Turn
Scorching Sands
Skitter Smack
Aqua Jet (Barraskewda)
Reflect Type (Stunfisk-G)
Tickle (Whiscash)
Water Pulse (Lapras)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Covet (Gen 7 tutor)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Infestation (Gen 7 TM)
Quash (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Substitute was weirdly missing from Volkraken's TM/TR list in the update thread, so I inserted it. I also had to compile the transfer list myself, hopefully there are no errors.

Volkritter :volkritter:
1 - Bind
1 - Bite
1 - Absorb (formerly Leech Life)
4 - Reflect
9 - Water Gun
14 - Whirlpool
18 - Fire Spin
23 - Incinerate (formerly Flame Burst)
28 - Scald
32 - Destiny Bond
36 - Dive
39 - Power Gem
44 - Aqua Ring
48 - Heat Wave
51 - Hydro Pump
59 - Memento
TM13 Fire Spin
TM18 Reflect
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect
TM26 Scary Face
TM31 Attract
TM33 Rain Dance
TM34 Sunny Day
TM36 Whirlpool
TM38 Will-O-Wisp
TM39 Facade
TM45 Dive
TM52 Bounce (also ORAS tutor, added in Gen 7 updates)
TM56 U-turn
TM57 Payback
TM58 Assurance
TM59 Fling
TM76 Round
TM94 False Swipe
TR02 Flamethrower
TR03 Hydro Pump
TR04 Surf
TR15 Fire Blast
TR16 Waterfall
TR18 Leech Life
TR20 Substitute
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR36 Heat Wave
TR43 Overheat
TR45 Muddy Water
TR63 Power Gem
TR70 Flash Cannon
TR84 Scald
Flip Turn
Scorching Sands
Skitter Smack
Aqua Jet (Barraskewda)
Reflect Type (Stunfisk-G)
Tickle (Whiscash)
Water Pulse (Lapras)
Covet (Gen 7 tutor, added in Gen 7 updates)
Infestation (Gen 7 TM, added in Gen 7 updates)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Torment (Gen 7 TM)
Toxic (Gen 7 TM)
Notes:
  • Volkritter had two snapped moves in Constrict and Flame Burst, which I replaced with Bind and Incinerate to match Volkraken. I also swapped Leech Life with Absorb, as was tradition with the Gen 7 Leech Life buff.
    • EDIT: Added Leech Life to TMs, since everything that had Leech Life swapped with Absorb in their level up movepools got it as a TM.
    • EDIT2: Removed Flash, which was also snapped.
  • Quash is in Volkritter's learnset, but jas61292 specified in their winning movepool submission with Volkraken that the move should be removed, so I removed it.
  • I gave Snore (a global Gen 8 TM), even though Volkritter did not learn it in Gen 6.
  • Showdown says Volkritter gets Water Gun at level 1, but I went with the winning movepool that says Water Gun is learned at level 9. This could be changed, though.
Fire Lash (gotten in Gen 7)

TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TR98 Liquidation

Burning Jealousy
  • IoA: Skitter Smack, Scorching Sands, Flip Turn
  • New TMs: Muddy Water
  • Other TMs: Bounce
  • Transfers: Covet, Infestation

Last edited:
Plasmanta:plasmanta:
01 Electric Terrain
01 Poison Sting
01 Thunder Shock
01 Supersonic
01 Acid
16 Encore
19 Thunder Wave
22 Clear Smog
26 Psybeam
29 Poison Tail
33 Aqua Tail
38 Parabolic Charge
42 Electrify
47 Discharge
51 Cross Poison
56 Swagger
60 Thunder
64 Eerie Impulse
TM14: Thunder Wave
TM74: Venoshock
TM82: Electroweb
TM90: Electric Terrain
TR08: Thunderbolt
TR09: Thunder
TR11: Psychic
TR22: Sludge Bomb
TR25: Psyshock
TR57: Poison Jab
TR69: Zen Headbutt
TR70: Flash Cannon
TM73: Cross Poison
TR78: Sludge Wave
TR80: Electro Ball
TR86: Wild Charge
TR91: Venom Drench
TR92: Dazzling Gleam
TR98: Liquidation
TR99: Body Press
Corrosive Gas
Rising Voltage
Toxic (Mareanie)
Haze (Wooper)
Splash (Gyarados)
Wide Guard (Mantine)
Water Pulse (Toxapex)
Block (Gen 7 tutor)
Magnet Rise (Gen 7 Tutor)
Shock Wave (Gen 7 egg)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Cut (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Notes:
  • I modified a few of the parents for the egg moves to better fit the possibilities in the base game.
  • Venom Drench, Electroweb, Iron Tail, and Zen Headbutt were all in Plasmanta's learnset, but were not added as TMs, so I added them in and bolded them.
  • EDIT: Added Cross Poison and Electric Terrain as TMs, since they are in Plasmanta's level up.
Snugglow:snugglow:
01 Supersonic
06 Poison Sting
06 Thunder Shock
09 Supersonic
12 Acid
16 Encore
19 Thunder Wave
22 Clear Smog
26 Psybeam (formerly Ion Deluge)
29 Poison Tail
32 Aqua Tail
36 Parabolic Charge
39 Electrify (formerly Psywave)
42 Discharge
46 Thunder
49 Eerie Impulse
TM14: Thunder Wave
TM74: Venoshock
TM82: Electroweb (was added as an ORAS tutor during Gen 7)
TR08: Thunderbolt
TR09: Thunder
TR11: Psychic
TR22: Sludge Bomb
TR25: Psyshock
TR31: Iron Tail (was added as an ORAS tutor during Gen 7)
TR57: Poison Jab (added as TM during Gen 7)
TR69: Zen Headbutt (was added as an ORAS tutor during Gen 7)
TR70: Flash Cannon
TR78: Sludge Wave
TR80: Electro Ball
TR86: Wild Charge
TR91: Venom Drench
TR92: Dazzling Gleam
Rising Voltage
Toxic (Mareanie)
Haze (Wooper)
Splash (Gyarados)
Wide Guard (Mantine)
Water Pulse (Toxapex)
Block (Gen 7 tutor, added as an ORAS tutor during Gen 7)
Magnet Rise (Gen 7 Tutor, was added as an ORAS tutor during Gen 7)
Shock Wave (Gen 7 egg)
Double Team (Gen 7 TM)
Confide (Gen 7 TM)
Swagger (Gen 7 TM)
Cut (Gen 6 TM/HM)
Note:
  • Swagger no longer being a TM in Gen 7 means it is a transfer move, despite being a levelup move on Plasmanta. I did not add it back, as it was a deliberate exclusion.
  • I substituted Ion Deluge and Psywave (snapped moves) with Psybeam and Electrify, respectively, following Plasmanta's convention.
EDIT: Moved Block and Magnet Rise into unused moves to fix an error on my part.
EDIT 2: Added Cross Poison and Electric Terrain as TMs in unused moves to fix another error, as they are in Plasmanta's level up.

Electric Terrain (Gen 7 addition)
Cross Poison (deliberate exclusion by movepool maker)
Swagger (deliberate exclusion by movepool maker)

TM73: Cross Poison
TM90: Electric Terrain (Gen 7 addition)
TR98: Liquidation
TR99: Body Press

Corrosive Gas
  • IoA: Rising Voltage
  • New TMs: Electro Ball
  • Other TMs: Electroweb, Iron Tail, Poison Jab, Zen Headbutt
  • Transfers: Block, Magnet Rise

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)