CAP Updates: Fidgit Discussion -- COMPLETE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Grassy Terrain: Yea I'm going to go with a hard no on this one. Fidgit doesn't really even need any terrain moves at all to be completely honest.

Honestly, I think the only terrain I can see happening is Psychic Terrain, as it already gets lots of Psychic moves.

Hold Hands is super scary with it Omni-Boosting Fidgit. I say no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think discussing moves that would be more/only flavorful for Breezi is inappropriate here at all. Under the current rules, the CAP Prevo Updates aren't allowed to add moves that aren't already on the original CAP. However, Pokemon that change type upon evolution tend to have a few moves of that type that are exclusive to each stage, and I think that should very much be the case for two contrasting types like Flying and Ground. It would be weird for Breezi only to learn Aerial Ace and Gust for Flying STAB, and that means that Fidgit has to get any extra moves as well.

I don't think Z-Hold Hands is all that bad. Its focus on team support means that its primary job involves lots of switching, and its stat spread is too Jack of All Trades for +1 to be effective, even in all five at once.

I am against Sludge Wave (and for Deck Knight's use of italics to show disapproval of a move, thanks for that). Its Poison typing is already fairly loose both in design and in learned Poison moves, so I really can't see it producing such a massive amount of sludge.

If it didn't get Acid, it probably shouldn't get Acid Spray. Fidgit should stick to non-stat-change support, and for that reason I also oppose Toxic Thread.

Despite what I said above, I'm not too sure about Bounce. Yeah, jumping spiders exist, but Breezi's stubby appendages and Fidgit's spindly ones don't seem adept for high leaps.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The time has come for updated movepool submissions! As a reminder, to be legal, a movepool must have all the moves originally present on Fidgit, plus Magic Room and Wonder Room. In addition, a movepool submission may have new flavor moves from the following list, as suggested in the discussion thread. These moves are not required, but are permitted in submissions. Please note, however, that if Terrain moves are included at all, there must be no more than two for the submission to be legal.

Acid Spray
Acrobatics

Bulldoze
Drill Run
Electric Terrain
Entrainment

Grassy Terrain
Misty Terrain
Play Nice
Psychic Terrain
Rototiller
Sludge Wave
Stomping Tantrum

Venoshock

Please note the lack of Hold Hands (because it is a competitive move that runs contrary to the concept) and Toxic Thread (because the flavor link is too tenuous to be worth giving out a signature move).

If your movepool is a work in progress, please mark it WIP at the top. If it is a Final Submission, please mark it Final Submission at the top.

Final Submission

- Drill Run
- Rototiller
- Wide Guard
- Comet Punch
- Gust
- Tailwind
- Helping Hand
Evolution: Drill Run
5 Encore
9 Rapid Spin
14 Knock Off
19 Copycat
25 Whirlwind
30 Body Slam
35 Sludge Bomb
41 Toxic Spikes
47 Gravity
54 Heal Block
60 Earth Power
65 Lucky Chant
- Considering Breezi evolves at level 33 (according to its community-approved movepool), I have changed some later levels to be consistent with how evolutionary delays work: after evolution, every move is delayed by an increasing amount (1-2-3-4-5-6). (Breezi's progression is fine, albeit unusual.)
- I have added Drill Run as an evolution (duplicated at level 1, as usual) move: after shedding its parachute, a freshly evolved Breezi quickly learns to adapt to its grounded condition with its newly gained drill. (I could have used Comet Punch, but nothing learns it so late as it is very weak.)
- Speaking of Comet Punch, I have simply moved before Breezi's level 1 moves for consistency with how Heart Scale moves work.
- Rototiller is another move directly linked to Fidgit's drill. It is learned as a Heart Scale/level 1 move like most other evolved Pokémon with it.
- Wide Guard is yet another supportive move which I can interpret as Fidgit stretching its arms to protect its teammates. It has a varied distribution, and several official evolved Pokémon (including Araquanid and Machamp, to cite Pokémon with some resemblance to Fidgit) learn it at level 1. Fidgit is not a big Pokémon, but consider how Mareanie is much smaller and learns it by level, plus several small Pokémon (Paras, Geodude, Wingull...) get it via breeding.

Disable
Double-Edge (Rattata and others)
Entrainment (Pancham and others)
Follow Me
Me First
Metronome
Mimic
Sand Tomb
Spikes
Wish
- Double-Edge is a currently listed as a tutor despite being a G3-only move; I have thus moved it here for consistency. It is also widely distributed as an egg move.
- Entrainment is another odd move some have discussed; in particular its description mentions "dancing with an odd rhythm" which I definitely could see Fidgit doing. Plus, as Fidgit already has Skill Swap, I could see a Skill Swap / Entrainment / Role Play (see below) triangle of moves which deal with swapping/mimicking abilities.

After You
Block
Drill Run
Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Gravity
Helping Hand
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Magic Room
Mud-Slap (G4)
Ominous Wind (G4)
Role Play
Skill Swap
Snore
Stealth Rock
Swift (G4)
Tailwind
Twister (G4)
Wonder Room
- Skill Swap and Stealth Rock are old TMs.
- Drill Run is duplicated from the level-up movepool.
- After You is a nod to Fidgit's "hyperactive supportive personality" (see Deck Knight's post below). (Its Z-version raises speed, but so do Skill Swap and Encore.)
- While an old tutor, Role Play fits with Mimic in being consistent with Fidgit's note about mimicry in one of its Pokédex entries and has little competitive value. See also the note for Entrainment above.
- Magic Room and Wonder Room are compulsory.
- Note that Fidgit's on-site movepool lists the G3-exclusive Body Slam, Double-Edge, Metronome and Mimic; they have been removed from here as there would be no way to actually teach them to Fidgit via tutor (like what happened for the Voodoom update). Body Slam is already a level-up move, while Metronome and Mimic are egg moves. Double-Edge has been moved to the egg moves too.

TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Snatch
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM59 Brutal Swing
TM62 Acrobatics
TM68 Giga Impact
TM71 Stone Edge
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM92 Trick Room
TM100 Confide
- Venoshock is universal among fully-evolved Poison-types.
- Bulldoze is implied by Earthquake.
- Acrobatics is suggested by Fidgit's limber design and hyperactive demeanour.
- Sludge Wave has some tendency to be distributed to Pokémon related to sludge, mud or pollution, including several Ground- and Water-types. Considering Fidgit is both Ground and Poison and both official Poison/Ground-types (Nidoqueen/king) get it it seems a nice fit.
- Brutal Swing has a wide distribution; I can interpret is as Fidgit swinging its many arms around carelessly and, hyperactive as it is, hitting its teammates too. It does not add anything truly new as Fidgit already has Thief (same type, category and BP). Note that a "brutal" nature is not a necessity to learn Brutal Swing, considering cases like Delibird and Oranguru (other conceptually helpful Pokémon) and Bewear (it's not brutal, just clumsy).
- Round and Confide are universal.
- Sleep Talk has merely changed number between generations.

Dig (G5-6 TM28)
Captivate (G4 TM78)
Natural Gift (G4 TM83)
Rock Smash (G4/ORAS HM06 / G5-XY TM94)
Rock Climb (G4 HM08) (cannot be transferred from G4)
Secret Power (G4 TM43 / ORAS TM94)
- Secret Power and Rock Smash have changed numbers between generations.
- While not a new move, I have decided to add Dig for consistency: extremely few fully evolved Ground-types do not get it (Torterra, Donphan, Golurk and Whiscash), and there is precedent for Pokémon getting it between generations (several in the G2-G3 transition, and notably Hippowdon in HGSS but not DPPt which seems a consistency fix like this). I just can't see how Fidgit would be unable to dig with its drill, and its official artwork actually shows one of its arms emerging from the ground.

----

Other considered moves:
- Play Nice would fit Fidgit's purported playful personality, but considering what actually gets it I don't think the connection is extremely strong.
- Similarly, I don't think the Terrain moves really fit a Poison/Ground-type, considering their current official distribution and strong association to their respective types.
- Nothing similar to Fidgit gets Acid Spray. I know some spiders use acids to pre-digest their prey, but according to a quick research this doesn't seem to be the case for harvestmen.
- I have considered readding Rock Climb as a heart scale move (to not have to shuffle Fidgit's movepool around too much), but ultimately decided against it to avoid bloating Fidgit's level 1 moves. Additionally, no G1-4 Pokémon learn it by level up and, due to it not fitting Breezi's design, I don't think it would work as an egg move.
- Punching moves seem interesting, but I'm not sure about their potential competitive implications since Fidgit's Attack is not insanely low; plus several of them were available but skipped at the time of Fidgit's creation. (See Deck Knight's post below for another possible explanation.)

----

As an important note (reachzero), how are Fidgit's impossible G3 tutors to be handled? For Voodoom's movepool they had to be included somewhere else, is this going to be the same?
Note that this mostly applies to Double-Edge, as Body Slam, Mimic and Metronome are already available as level/egg moves.

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Final Submission

- Gust
- Tailwind
- Comet Punch
- Helping Hand
Evolve: Drill Run
5: Encore
8: Rapid Spin
12: Knock Off
17: Acid Spray
: Copycat
25: Whirlwind
30: Body Slam Acrobatics
35: Sludge Bomb
41: Toxic Spikes
45: Rototiller
45: Grassy Terrain
: Body Slam
: Gravity
58: Heal Block
62: Earth Power
67: Lucky Chant
Added Drill Run to evolve because it's just too perfect. I can't be the only one who's off-put on how Breezi can learn Body Slam (since it evolves at Level 33), so I replaced it with Acrobatics and moved Body Slam to later. While a lot of other light Pokemon learn Body Slam, it's usually by Gen 3 Move Tutor or Egg move. The lightest Pokemon that can learn Body Slam by level up is Jigglypuff, which is a STAB move (Clefairy is a close second and that used to be STAB), so I'd rather see it learning Body Slam until at least after it can evolve into Fidgit. I know other Fidgit is limber and I'd expect it to be able to use Acrobatics. Added Rototiller after Level 33 because Fidgit (not Breezi) should be able to use it, and at the same level I added Grassy Terrain because after you give the ground a nice makeover you put grass on it. Added Acid Spray at Level 17 and moved levels around it so Breezi could have a Poison-type move early on, and some Pokemon have access to Acid Spray but not Acid.

Block
Body Slam (Level Up move)
Double Edge (new Egg move)
Drill Run
Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Gravity
Helping Hand
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Magic Room
Metronome (Egg move)
Mimic (Egg move)
Skill Swap (Old TM)
Snore
Stealth Rock (Old TM)
Tailwind
Wonder Room
Gen 3 Move Tutor moves are being distributed elsewhere, Drill Run is the evolve move, and Magic and Wonder Room are required. Skill Swap and Stealth Rock return as tutor moves.

Disable
Double-Edge (Raticate + a whole bunch of other mons)
Entrainment (Lopunny, Pangoro, Dedenne)
Follow Me
Me First
Metronome
Mimic
Sand Tomb
Spikes
Wish
Put Double-Edge here because Gen 3 Move Tutor inconsistency. Entrainment is cool too.

TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Snatch
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM62 Acrobatics
TM68 Giga Impact
TM71 Stone Edge
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM92 Trick Room
TM100 Confide
Venoshock is universal, Bulldoze has move-to-move correlation with EQ, Round is universal, Acrobatics is copied from level up, and Confide is universal. Didn't add Sludge Wave because not all things that learn Sludge Bomb learn Sludge Wave.

Captivate (Gen 4 TM78)
Dig (Gen 5 / Gen 6 TM28)
Mud-Slap (Gen 4 Move Tutor)
Natural Gift (Gen 4 TM83)
Ominous Wind (Gen 4 Move Tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 4 / ORAS HM06, Gen 5 / XY TM94)
Secret Power (Gen 4 TM43 / ORAS TM94)
Swift (Gen 4 Move Tutor)
Twister (Gen 4 Move Tutor)
Like most submissions, I find Dig to be a flavorful move, but I can take it out if needed.

Finally, Rock Climb is a non-transferrable HM from Gen 4, and the grand majority of Pokemon who have access to it in Gen 4 by HM only do not gain access to it in subsequent generations, so I'm left it off the updated movepool.

Overall, my submission focuses on how Fidgit's movepool should be tailored towards Breezi's design before Level 33 (another Flying-type, early-game STAB move) and towards Fidgit's design afterwards (Rototiller, Grassy Terrain, Body Slam (53kg >>> 0.6kg), Drill Run on evolve).

Acid Spray added to Level Up (Level 17)
Acrobatics added to Level Up (Level 30) and TM List
Body Slam moved from Level 30 to Level 48
Bulldoze added to TM List
Captivate moved from TM List to Transfer Only
Confide added to TM List
Dig added to Transfer Only
Double-Edge moved from Tutor Moves to Egg Moves
Drill Run added to Level Up (Evolve) and Tutor List
Entrainment added to Egg Moves
Grassy Terrain added at Level 45
Magic Room added to Tutor Moves
Metronome removed from Tutor List, already in Egg Moves
Mimic removed from Tutor List, already in Egg Moves
Mud-Slap moved from Tutor List to Transfer Only
Natural Gift moved from TM List to Transfer Only
Ominous Wind moved from Tutor List to Transfer Only
Rock Smash moved from HM List to Transfer Only
Rototiller added at Level 45
Round added to TM List
Secret Power moved from TM List to Transfer Only
Skill Swap moved from TM List to Tutor Move
Sleep Talk moved from Gen 4 TM82 to Gen 7 TM88
Stealth Rock moved from TM List to Tutor Moves
Swift moved from Tutor Moves to Transfer Only
Twister moved from Tutor Moves to Transfer Only
Venoshock added to TM List
Wonder Room added to TM List

Various level up move placements changed.
Rock Climb removed from HM List. Most Pokemon who learn this move in Gen 4 by HM never learn it again in subsequent generations.

Last edited:
WIP

Level-Up Moves:

- Rototiller
- Comet Punch
- Gust
- Tailwind
- Helping Hand
5 Encore
9 Rapid Spin
14 Knock Off
17 Acrobatics
19 Copycat
25 Whirlwind
30 Body Slam
33 Dig
35 Sludge Bomb
41 Toxic Spikes
46 Gravity
52 Psychic Terrain
54 Heal Block
60 Earth Power
65 Lucky Chant

I added Rototiller as a heart scale move, as it is linked to Fidgit's drill and is found in heart scale most of the time. I decided to put Acrobatics in the middle of Breezi's level-up pool (The end is 33 when it evolves) to symbolize it getting closer to landing. It also fits on Fidgit with all of those arms. I also added Dig at the level it evolves, as this would be where Breezi lands and finds its drill. It manages to figure out how to dig and this is when it evolves once it gets the hang of it. At this point, it starts drilling really well, a la Drill Run. I adjusted the level of Gravity to connect it better to the other psychic moves it has in its level-up movepool. Speaking of which, Psychic Terrain is the best terrain that matches this thing's psychic powers with Trick Room, Gravity, Heal Block, etc.

Tutor Moves:

Block
Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Gravity
Helping Hand
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Mud-Slap (G4 only)
Ominous Wind (G4 only)
Skill Swap
Snore
Stealth Rock
Swift (G4 only)
Tailwind
Twister (G4 only)
Ice Punch
Drain Punch
Magic Room
Wonder Room
Role Play

I gave it the punch moves due to all of those hands and the psychic moves are due to the other moves it gets.

Also, snake_rattler has informed me that there is an evolution move glitch explained here. How should we handle evolution moves combined with moves learned at the same level with this in mind?

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

0 Grassy Terrain
0 Rototiller
0 Stomping Tantrum

0 Gust
0 Tailwind
0 Comet Punch
0 Helping Hand
5 Encore
9 Rapid Spin
12 Fairy Wind
14 Knock Off
19 Copycat
25 Whirlwind
30 Body Slam
35 Sludge Bomb
41 Toxic Spikes
45 Misty Terrain
49 Gravity
53 Heal Block
59 Earth Power
67 Lucky Chant
75 Stomping Tantrum

I made a few competitive/consistency and flavor additions here. Now, Fidgit evolves at Level 33 and changes its secondary typing from Flying to Ground. I wanted to bring Fidgit into the 7th generation with both an "aerial" and "terrestrial" fairy move, which explains Fairy Wind at low levels and Misty Terrain at a higher level. At level 0, Fidgit can learn through Heart Scale a few moves to directly support Grass types in Grassy Terrain and Rototiller. I chose Grassy and Misty Terrain as the two terrains for this submission as they are the most directly supportive terrains. Psychic Terrain and Electric Terrain are much more offense oriented, and that isn't Fidgit's style. Finally, Fidgit learns Stomping Tantrum as both a L0 and a late level move which is consistent with a lot of Movepools in Gen 7, to represent somewhat Fidgit's fickleness and impatience. It could learn it late or immediately, but it really doesn't like missing its support moves. A Stomping Tantrum would also be good way to clear a field before Rototiller and Grassy Terrain...

Disable
Double-Edge
Follow Me
Me First
Metronome
Mimic
Sand Tomb
Spikes
Wish

Only "addition" here is Double-Edge for consistency. Plenty of Field Egg Group Pokemon learn it naturally, so no oddities here.

TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Snatch
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM62 Acrobatics
TM68 Giga Impact
TM71 Stone Edge
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM92 Trick Room
TM100 Confide

Additions here are Acrobatics (Well discussed flavor), Bulldoze (Consistent with EQ), Confide (Universal TM), Round (Universal TM), Sludge Wave (Well discussed flavor), and Venoshock (Well Discussed Flavor).

After You
Block
Drill Run
Earth Power
Follow Me
Gastro Acid
Gravity
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Helping Hand

Magic Room
Snore
Stealth Rock
Tailwind

Uproar
Wonder Room

After You sounds like a quintessintially Fidgit-y support move in doubles, Drill Run (Fidgit has a drill), Follow Me like After You seems like a perfect support move, Magic Room (Required), Uproar (Correlates Strongly with Vital Spirit Ability), and Wonder Room round out additions here.

Dig (Gen 5 & 6 TM28)
Captivate (Gen 4 TM78)
Mud-Slap (Gen 4 Tutor)
Natural Gift (Gen 4 TM83)
Ominous Wind (Gen 4 Tutor)
Rock Smash (Gen 4/ORAS HM06 / Gen 5-XY TM94)
Rock Climb (Gen 4 HM08)
Secret Power (Gen 4 TM43 / ORAS TM94)
Swift (Gen 4 Tutor)
Twister (Gen 4 Tutor)

Dig is a fitting flavor addition here. Fidgit certainly has enough hands to get a good Dig going.

Acrobatics (TM)
After You (Past Tutor)
Bulldoze (TM)
Confide (TM)
Dig (Past Gen TM)
Drill Run (Past Tutor)
Fairy Wind (Level-Up)
Follow Me (Past Tutor)
Grassy Terrain (Level-Up)
Magic Room (Past Tutor)
Misty Terrain (Level-Up)
Rototiller (Level-Up)
Sludge Wave (TM)
Stomping Tantrum (Level-Up)
Uproar (Past Tutor)
Venoshock (TM)
Wonder Room (Past Tutor)
17 Moves Total

Last edited:

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WIP

- Drill Run
- Rototiller

- Comet Punch
- Gust
- Tailwind
- Helping Hand
5 Encore
9 Rapid Spin
14 Knock Off
19 Copycat
25 Whirlwind
30 Body Slam
35 Sludge Bomb
41 Toxic Spikes
47 Gravity
54 Heal Block
60 Earth Power
65 Lucky Chant
- Considering Breezi evolves at level 33 (according to its community-approved movepool), I have changed some later levels to be consistent with how evolutionary delays work: after evolution, every move is delayed by an increasing amount (1-2-3-4-5-6). (Breezi's progression is fine, albeit unusual.)
- I have added Drill Run as an evolution (duplicated at level 1, as usual) move: after shedding its parachute, a freshly evolved Breezi quickly learns to adapt to its grounded condition with its newly gained drill. (I could have used Comet Punch, but nothing learns it so late as it is very weak.)
- Rototiller is another move directly linked to Fidgit's drill. It is learned as a Heart Scale move like most other evolved Pokémon with it.

Block
Drill Run
Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Gravity
Helping Hand
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Mud-Slap (G4 only)
Ominous Wind (G4 only)
Skill Swap
Snore
Stealth Rock
Swift (G4 only)
Tailwind
Twister (G4 only)
- Skill Swap and Stealth Rock are old TMs.
- Drill Run is the only addition, duplicated from its level-up movepool.
- Note that Fidgit's on-site movepool lists the G3-exclusive Body Slam, Double-Edge, Metronome and Mimic. Body Slam is already a level-up move, while Metronome and Mimic are egg moves. I have moved Double-Edge to the egg moves too.

Acid Spray (Ekans, Stunky)
Disable
Double-Edge
Follow Me
Me First
Metronome
Mimic
Sand Tomb
Spikes
Wish
- Double-Edge is a currently listed as a tutor despite being a G3-only move; I have thus moved it here for consistency.
- Acid Spray is the only totally new move. As Acid is not part of Fidgit's level-up movepool, I have decided to add Acid Spray as an egg move.

TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Snatch
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM59 Brutal Swing
TM62 Acrobatics

TM68 Giga Impact
TM71 Stone Edge
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM92 Trick Room
TM100 Confide
- Venoshock is universal among fully-evolved Poison-types.
- Bulldoze is implied by Earthquake.
- Acrobatics is suggested by Fidgit's limber design.
- Brutal Swing has a wide distribution; I can interptet is as Fidgit spinging its many arms around. It does not add anything truly new as Fidgit already has Thief (same type, category and BP).
- Round and Confide are universal.
- Sleep Talk has merely changed number between generations.

Dig (G5-6 TM28)
Captivate (G4 TM78)
Natural Gift (G4 TM83)
Rock Smash (G4/ORAS HM06 / G5-XY TM94)
Rock Climb (G4 HM08)
Secret Power (G4 TM43 / ORAS TM94)
- Secret Power and Rock Smash have changed numbers between generations.
- While not a new move, I have decided to add Dig for consistency: extremely few fully evolved Ground-types do not get it (Torterra, Donphan, Golurk and Whiscash), and there is precedent for Pokémon getting it between generations (several in the G2-G3 transition, and notably Hippowdon in HGSS but not DPPt which seems a consistency fix like this). I just can't see how Fidgit would be unable to dig with its drill, and its official artwork actually shows one of its arms emerging from the ground.

----

As an important note (reachzero), how are Fidgit's impossible G3 tutors to be handled? For Voodoom's movepool they had to be included somewhere else, is this going to be the same?
Note that this mostly applies to Double-Edge, as Body Slam, Mimic and Metronome are already available as level/egg moves.[/hide]
As with Voodoom, let's try to find a way to keep the now defunct move tutors. I would feel a little queasy removing moves altogether without strong competitive reasoning.

Final Submission

- Drill Run
- Rototiller

- Comet Punch
- Gust
- Tailwind
- Helping Hand
5 Encore
9 Rapid Spin
14 Play Nice
Knock Off
23 Copycat
27 Whirlwind
32 Acrobatics
Body Slam
41 Sludge Bomb
45 Toxic Spikes
49 Gravity
54 Heal Block
58 Earth Power
63 Lucky Chant

I decided to condense the levels between moves a little, creating a 5 levels then 4 levels pattern, so that it ends around the same place while getting new moves. These moves are Play Nice and Acrobatics, the latter of which is at just the right level to show that Breezi has mastered the sky and is ready to land. Drill Run is the evolution move, and Rototiller is a Relearner move like it is for most other Mons that get it.

TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Snatch
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM62 Acrobatics
TM68 Giga Impact
TM71 Stone Edge
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM92 Trick Room
TM100 Confide

Venoshock, Acrobatics, and Bulldoze fit with its typing/level-up. Round and Confide are universal TMs.

Disable
Double-Edge
Entrainment
Follow Me
Me First
Metronome
Mimic
Rock Climb
Sand Tomb
Spikes
Wish

Moved Double-Edge here, as it is a common Egg Move, Rock Climb as otherwise it is past gen locked, as well as Entrainment as a quirky move.

After You
Block
Drill Run
Earth Power
Gastro Acid
Gravity
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Helping Hand
Magic Room
Role Play
Snore
Stealth Rock
Tailwind
Wonder Room

Drill Run matches level-up, Magic Room and Wonder Room fit Persistent and are required, and After You and Role Play are also quirky moves for our quirky octodextrous spider.

Captivate (TM78 in Gen IV)
Dig (TM28 before Gen VII)
Natural Gift (TM83 in Gen IV)
Ominous Wind (Move Tutor)
Rock Smash (HM06 in Gen IV and OR/AS, TM94 in Gen V and X/Y)
Rock Climb (HM08 in Gen IV)
Secret Power (TM43 in Gen IV and TM94 in OR/AS)
Swift (Move Tutor in Gen IV)
Twister (Move Tutor in Gen IV)

Only Dig is added. You can even see one of its arms in the ground in its artwork, getting the rest of it in shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fidgit learns Stomping Tantrum as both a L0 and a late level move which is consistent with a lot of Movepools in Gen 7
Actually, I think this is mostly true for G6-introduced movepools, not G7 ones; I think this is due to the way the new move relearner works (even moves learnt after the current level can be taught).

evolution move glitch
According to a quick online search this seems to have been fixed via an update; the move relearner exists anyway so potentially skipped moves would still be accessible.

----

One thing I would like to bring attention to are punching moves: they seem an obvious fit to Fidgit's large hands and tend to have wide distribution, especially in the case of non-elemental punches (most thing with hands get Focus and/or Power-Up, for example). The only one Fidgit learns is Comet Punch: this is unprecedented, but then again, several punching moves (Ice, Fire, Thunder, Focus) were available as TM/tutors at the time of Fidgit's creation/update but were not included in the final movepool. They could add coverage (elementals), utility (Bullet, Power-Up) or power (Focus), though Fidgit's Attack is still rather low (but nowhere low as Ledian, to cite a vaguely similar case). Therefore, how will they be considered? (Tagging reachzero again, sorry.)

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There's actually some longstanding flavor to the effect that Fidgit's only punching move is Comet Punch because Fidgit itself can't focus on only one hand at a time to do something because of its hyperactive supportive personality.

It learns a lot of Psychic support moves but no attacks because it's mind is all over the place. It's great for field effects but it's difficult for it to focus on a single target.

This isn't really hard canon, especially since Fidgit was made so long ago, but I thought our many newer contributiors would like to know.

One other thing I'll mention is that we trended very light in Fidgit's coverage movepool because it's concept was the ultimate utility Pokemon, which in our understanding meant with the obvious exception of STAB and Type-> Move moves as we used back then (e.g Ground types nearly always get Rock Slide and Stone Edge, as Fidgit does) Fidgit's "coverage" is nearly all weak moves with secondary effects. So when Fidgit is out it primarily should be using support moves. I think that's generally a good direction to keep Fidgit going in.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

0 Rototiller
0 Grassy Terrain
Evo: Drill Run

0 Gust
0 Tailwind
0 Comet Punch
0 Helping Hand
5 Encore
9 Rapid Spin
12 Entrainment
14 Knock Off
19 Copycat
25 Whirlwind
30 Body Slam
32 Acrobatics
35 Sludge Bomb
41 Toxic Spikes
45 Gravity
49 Heal Block
53 Psychic Terrain
59 Earth Power
62 Rototiller
67 Lucky Chant
75 Stomping Tantrum

Firstly, I added Drill Run as its evo move to echo what everyone has stated: it fits too well. Grassy Terrain and Rototiller, basically gardening moves, are Heart Scale moves, and even the order is flavourful: first you prepare the soil then you plant grass, Rototiller is also relearned later down in the levels just like how most learn it. Entrainment seems like an attack that Fidget would utilize, so I used it to fill the awkward gap between level 9 and 14. I put Acrobatics at the level right before it evolves. I dropped Psychic Terrain as the finality of its Psychic manipulation techniques and shifted the levels of Gravity and Heal Block as a result. Stomping Tantrum at the end is the icing on the cake.

Entrainment
Disable
Double-Edge
Follow Me
Me First
Metronome
Mimic
Sand Tomb
Spikes
Wish

Basically what Deck said, as well as Entrainment is learnt as an egg move as well.

TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Snatch
TM56 Fling
TM58 Endure
TM62 Acrobatics
TM68 Giga Impact
TM71 Stone Edge
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM92 Trick Room
TM100 Confide

Acrobatics is for flavour and a wink at its pre evo. Venoshock is learnt by every Poison type worth its salt. Sludge Wave is also learnt by a number of Poison types. Bulldoze is consistent with Earthquake. Confide / Round are universal TMs.

After You
Block
Drill Run
Earth Power
Follow Me
Gastro Acid
Gravity
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Helping Hand
Magic Room
Recycle
Role Play

Snore
Stealth Rock
Tailwind
Wonder Room

Wonder Room and Magic Room are required. Role Play, After You and Follow Me seem like moves a fidgety, utility based mon would utilize. Drill Run a repeated level up move. I lastly added Recycle on Fidget as it seems as if the havestman would recycle as it gardens.

Captivate (TM78 in Gen IV)
Dig (TM28 before Gen VII)
Natural Gift (TM83 in Gen IV)
Ominous Wind (Move Tutor)
Rock Smash (HM06 in Gen IV and OR/AS, TM94 in Gen V and X/Y)
Secret Power (TM43 in Gen IV and TM94 in OR/AS)
Swift (Move Tutor in Gen IV)
Twister (Move Tutor in Gen IV)

Added Dig for consistency.

This was a very fun movepool to build.

Last edited:

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
Yeah, the issue being what it is, please omit Rock Climb from your submissions. It's unfortunate, but movepool realism is a factor to consider.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, the issue being what it is, please omit Rock Climb from your submissions. It's unfortunate, but movepool realism is a factor to consider.
Hold your horses! After doing some research, I found out that both the Scraggy and Rockruff line learns Rock Climb via level up! Fidget (suprisingly) can breed and receive Rock Climb from them.

snake

CAP Co-Leader
Hold your horses! After doing some research, I found out that both the Scraggy and Rockruff line learns Rock Climb via level up! Fidget (suprisingly) can breed and receive Rock Climb from them.
Typhlosion, Granbull, Ursaring, Blaziken, Slaking, Zangoose, and Infernape are all in the Field Egg Group, got access to Rock Climb in Gen 4 by HM, and yet don't learn it ever again. So it's not impossible for Fidgit to have access to Rock Climb, but it's more probable that it would have lost the move. Not to mention all of the other Pokemon in other Egg Groups that are in the same situation: while it's possible to get Rock Climb, most don't get it.

EDIT: Lump on Arcanine, Nidoking, Golduck, and Primeape onto the pile - mons in the Field Egg Group who don't have access to Rock Climb past Gen 4.

Last edited:

snake

CAP Co-Leader
While Egg Moves in CAP don't always make the most sense, I find Rock Climb Breezi quite distasteful.

Also reach has been pretty busy with irl stuff lately, so there will be a poll soon.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
With Menshay as the winner of the Final Movepool Poll, Fidgit's update is now complete! To summarize, it has gained Frisk as its new Hidden Ability, and has gained Drill Run, Rototiller, Wide Guard, Entrainment, After You, Role Play, Venoshock, Bulldoze, Acrobatics, Sludge Wave, Brutal Swing, Round and Confide! Whew! Thank you for participating, everyone, and let's enjoy the rest of the update process!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)