Christmas 2009

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Hey all, I was surprised to see that no one beat me to creating this thread. Anyway, it's exactly what the title details; discuss what you want, thought you were going to get and/or did get for Christmas! If there's anything else Christmas related feel free to include it, too.

As for me, I didn't really ask for much and go what I expected: clothes and cash. Other than that I got some new headphones with volume control and a Zelda game for DS I didn't know was out. Doesn't sound too impressive, but I'm happy with what I got.

I thought I was going to get my CDs but "someone" exchange them at the last second. Gee idk what was the damn point of making me spend hours shopping on something I wanted if you were just going to return it? Minutes later I found the CDs where inside another box of the same present I opened.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
My step grandparents are still bothering to send me clothes that are like two sizes too big. I appreciate the gesture but it's like, if you don't even care to know what size I am, why bother wasting money on clothes I'm not even able to wear? Heh.

I considered it! best thing I got was an 'alien workshop' hoodie; wasn't actually intended for me but it was waaaay too big for my brother so I got it (it is also too big for me. I am 20 and my brother is 10. gj sizing your kids up there stepdad). my mother is a pragmatic cow and got me towels. again. also shampoo for black people's hair. I am very happy for the black community to have their own hair care products! I am a little less happy that I received such a thing as a christmas present. my mother is a pikey.

right now I am drinking lots of nice wine and watching my uncle wind up my grandmother. she has dementia and my grandad is confusing the shit out of her by telling her it's not actually christmas, that she needs to eat her sprouts (and when she does telling her those are not sprouts). harmless fun with the elderly.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Haahhaha, oh dear. I suppose that if my partner had dementia, I wouldn't be able to help myself from teasing them a little bit, as long as they weren't prone to like, losing it whenever you did any trivial thing to mess with them.

oh, my grandad gets very upset. he did once feed her ex-lax 'because she hadn't gone in three days' though. she shat all over the carpet.

Oh my Jesus akuchi.

Anyway, I've gotten pretty much everything I've asked for: a DSi, an external hard drive for my laptop, a pair of gloves, a hat, a hoodie jacket, Left 4 Dead 2 for 260 (although I didn't ask for this, as I was planning on getting it for my computer since I don't have access to a 360 at school but I ain't complaining), and two lottery tickets: a scratch off (loser, of course) and a powerball. I'm not entirely sure why my dad got me lottos, as I've told him again and again that I'm not a big fan of gambling, so I guess it's just because I'm 18 now.

I haven't gotten any money yet--I don't wanna sound like some sort of greedy ungrateful asshole, but I'm flat broke at the moment and some cash to help me with books and other college expenses next semester would be great--but I figure I'll get that later when I meet up with my mom's side of the family for our Christmas get together.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Happy holidays~

Been a refreshingly happy Christmas around here. I got an HP Mini 100 (although it was given to me like a week or so ago but hey whatever), and I bought myself a cheap RC Helicopter which I still can't control haha. Also got a ton of cash.

There's a lot of tasty food :3 good times overall. A shame I had to go through it a bit sick but damn I don't care.

Merry Christmas! ;3

In Belgium (and the Netherlands) we do not get presents on Christmas, but two weeks earlier when Sinterklaas comes from Spain.
So I am a little but sad now =/

I got a 150 dollar shelf stereo, which isn't the top quality, but for the price is very very good. I also got Guitar Hero Smash Hits because I saw it for 15 dollars, so my parents made it a gift. Really not a very good game to be honest. Only songs I really really like on it are Raining Blood and Cowboys From Hell.

Happy Holidays ya'll. ;3

I got a pair of Sennheiser HD201s, fucking nice headphones. Relishing how great Girl Talk sounds right now. I can actually pick out the bassy samples. Love it.

I also got ~$300 for clothes (the only thing I actually asked for), a new 500GB hard drive I'll be installing after my music finishes backing up, the complete works of Lewis Carroll in this really nice leatherbound book, and a tiny little book light so I - quote - 'stop fucking stealing [my father's] >:O'. ;3

Enjoy your holidays, Smogon! :D

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My parents got me a Blu-Ray movie, a wallet, and a second copy of the sixth season of Scrubs.

It's about 1/5th of what I get normally, so I suspect something is up .^.

Christmas is alright for me. I got some money for clothes but that's about it. Me and my family might head out later to have a nice dinner so expecting a calm day so far.

I got a new carbon-fiber skimboard, some books, clothes, and money.

Went skimboarding today in 58 degree water...it was awesome

Saw the family for the first time in a few years and got an iPod and a Beatle's collector edition with all 13 CDs. Good Christmas.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i got many nice things, everything i asked for..
a bobble hat, a bathrobe, kitchen knives, a new pratchett, a dvd, an mp3 player :)

we had a nice huge lunch, my cousin and her baby and my grandparents came round. now they are all asleep while i watch TV in the living room. standard christmas

Wtf...white christmas my left nut! It's green and sunny outside!!!! Not that it ever really snows in Washington anyways.

I got a camera and lots of new books, and now I have relatives coming in two hours... YIPPEE!!

Didn't get much, but I don't mind - my real presents are my three congressional nominations required to get into the colleges I want.

I did get some clothes, and then an amazon gift card plus two itunes gift cards, so I've been downloading music all morning. Also got some money to help me pay for vaulting club next month as I'm kind of broke right now lol.

Wtf...white christmas my left nut! It's green and sunny outside!!!! Not that it ever really snows in Washington anyways.

I got a camera and lots of new books, and now I have relatives coming in two hours... YIPPEE!!
Yeah, I was confused about this too, especially since last year I didn't have power for two weeks through christmas.

xbox360/cod2:mw/slippers/ncaa10/lots of candy/cash/sports gear

was a pretty great christmas, mainly because my brother, his wife, and their two kids came down so we played some football outside, some madden, etc.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Merry Christmas to all! (And Kwanzaa, whenever the hell that is, Hannukkah ended last Friday).

And Heathen's Greetings!

(Fuck you Happy Holidays I spit at your generic meaninglessness.)

I hauled in pretty much everything I wanted except a pair of jeans. New pajamas, work sweaters, gamestop cards, and a bit of the universal gift. I'll need to decide what I'm going to do with it, but I think I'll be purchasing a used PS2 and some PS2 games I've been interested in for a while. I can probably get them all used too!

I also got to see my sister and my uncle, the latter of which we didn't see last year and our family has barely been able to contact since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)