Ciran draws Pokemon

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
is a Top Artistis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Chinese New Year PS!Wi-Fi giveaway is 01.27.19, here's the line up.

A tradition for Chinese New Year is to give out red envelopes with (usually) money inside. Went with that as the theme this time.

Had a conversation about Grumpig's design not lending itself well to interesting poses. Mutual agreement was that it's better to stylize it. Sort of copied anubis' attempt, it was similar punch bag body.
RedEnvelope_Grumpig.png
RedEnvelope_Whiscash.png
RedEnvelope_Wishiwashi2.png
RedEnvelope_BasculinRed1.png
RedEnvelope_BasculinRed2.png
With alternative
RedEnvelope_magikarp1.png

Sketches, including some rejects
RedEnvelope_sketches.png

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
"The Princess is in Another Castle" PS!Wi-Fi giveaway for UU 'mons is 02.10.19, here's the featured team. Tried combining elements of both the Pokemon and the Mario character.

Bullet Bill
Skull is on the image on the cannon Bullet Bill shoots out of, with Team Aquafication.

Bumpty

Blooper

Toadette

Princess Peach and alternative dress

Sketches w/ scrapped poses and ideas.

Bonus: Mario dressed as Red

Bonus Bonus! Anubis colored the Mario.

Last edited:

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
Here we go again. Theme for today's PS!Wi-Fi giveaway is the Roman pantheon. Rome is famous in art for their statues, frescos, and mosaics. Texture was a free to use from deviantart, they didn't require credit, but if you're curious about it I can link you.

Weezing for Janus.

Hypno for Somnus, hence the head wing.

Sawsbuck for Vertumnus, hence the fruit.

Decidueye for Cupid.

Giratina for Sailor Pluto.

This one was colored by Anubis

Last edited:

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
I was experimenting with the style with a potential giveaway pokemon. The tiles were too close together and too small for it to have worked for the small resize needed, but I decided to finish it because I liked where it was going.

Sketch. Nice by product of this style is the sketches don't need to be super detailed, so it made that step a little faster.

Included some unused material. Sawsbuck was almost autumn, but thought it'd look better green. The sawsbuck was also originally going to look much more like a Vertumnus mosaic, hence the cross eyes, but thought it'd be a bit much for the audience.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
I like those mosaic images so much, especially Weezing! It's impressive how realistic they look, and they go perfectly with the theme.
Seriously, your thread never ceases to amaze me..

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
I like those mosaic images so much, especially Weezing! It's impressive how realistic they look, and they go perfectly with the theme.
Seriously, your thread never ceases to amaze me..
Thank you!

Honestly it was a lot easier than I was expecting, I'd recommend anyone giving it a try. There was a bit of a curve for time to take to complete, the Weezing took a fair bit longer than the Decidueye.

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
It's a bird, it's a plane... it's another Wi-Fi giveaway!

Comic theme this time, wanted to make them resemble comic book covers, so made a logo. Someday I'll be better at finding good looking fonts so I don't have to write them myself.

165786Just because regular is better color pallet.

This one is really meant to be viewed as a thumbnail. Stock used for the screentones, will link you if you're interested in them.

Seeing Celesteela's face that close up is extremely unsettling. Great job with all this stuff, keep doing what you're doing!

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
PS! Wi-Fi giveaway, Praise the Sun!

I didn't color this one.

And the sketches. I messed up the Sawk and drew the lines for someone else to color on the same layer as the sketch.

Victini was a process of realizing that I needed to stop trying to take it look like the official art and do my own thing.

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
I was just going through some files and saw things that I never posted anywhere. I don't remember what some of these are from, some were sketch ideas I abandoned for smogon art for social media.

The two Jangmo-o are really old, computer tells me the file is from 9/28/16. The Noctowl is from Dec. 2018. Rest are 2019.

Pancham is from Dec. 2018 as well.

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
Smogon - Sword and Shield

internet did a great job rendering this for Smogon's social media sites, I don't think it's in their thread yet but it is on twitter and FB. Found the process very enjoyable to see it rendered and the colors tweaked.

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
Weather Wars was the theme this time. Drop by PS! Wi-Fi for a chance to get these today, 5/12/19.

Was honestly having a bit of an art block, so went back and tried an art style I had played with a while back to color these with. Have a lot of ugly rejected sketches as a byproduct.

Rejected art for Politoed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)