Pokémon Cofagrigus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cofagrigus - #563 - The Coffin Pokemon
Base Stats: 58/50/145/95/105/30
Abilities: Mummy: If you are touched by an opponent, you make their ability Mummy.

Introduction:
When looking at Cofagrigus' stats, one thing that instantly stands out is a huge Defense along with a very big Special Defense, along with a great Special Attack. Cofagrigus also has a great ability, that strips opponent's of their precious abilites! However, Cofagrigus has struggled to stand out because of lack of constant recovery, making it outclassed by Jellicent, or being offensive, in which it is outclassed by Gengar. It also has one of the lowest Speeds in the game, meaning it isn't moving first unless under Trick Room! It does have a huge movepool, along with a fantastic Mono-Typing to save it. Cofagrigus is also one of the best Talonflame counters around, but we'll get to that in a little bit!

Notable Moves: (*=Stab, **=New Move)
- Haze
- Nasty Plot
- Disable
- Toxic Spikes**
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball*
- Destiny Bond
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Trick
- Knock Off
- Magic Coat

Potential Movesets:
Offensive Trick Room

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 248 HP / 8 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room

Trick Room turns Cofagrigus into a speedy machine, outspeeding the entire metagame! Nasty Plot is what makes this set so dangerous, hitting an astounding stat of 634, higher than that of Deoxys-A's! Shadow Ball + Hidden Power [Fighting] get flawless coverage, hitting everything either Super Effective or neutrally! Here are a few calcs:
252+ Atk Aegislash-Shield Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Cofagrigus: 60-72 (18.7 - 22.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Cofagrigus: 204-240 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Cofagrigus: 103-123 (32.1 - 38.4%) -- 1.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Cofagrigus: 202-238 (63.1 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Cofagrigus: 118-139 (36.8 - 43.4%) -- 98.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Cofagrigus: 204-240 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Cofagrigus: 178-211 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Cofagrigus: 87-103 (27.1 - 32.1%) -- 49.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cofagrigus: 266-314 (83.1 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Banette Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Cofagrigus: 218-258 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Toxic Spikes // Lead

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Magic Coat

This set makes Cofagrigus bulky as hell! It is best used as a lead, Toxic Spikes is a new toy and is great on Cofagrigus, as it can now spin block and set up hazards, which only Froslass can do besides it. Will-O-Wisp makes it so hard to take down, being a great wall on both sides of the spectrum. Shadow Ball is a consistent STAB move, really hitting hard even with little investment! Magic Coat bounces back Taunts and Hazards, which really catches the opponents off guard!

Final Thoughts:
I really hope this doesn't get closed ;v;. I love Cofagrigus, it has potential in OU and is just so much fun and is so bulky! I love it, I hope it gets more use in OU like it deserves!

Last edited:
It's even the exact same url if you change the last digit of the thread number to a 2.

Would that indicate Smogon has nearly 3.5 million threads? Seems like a lot.

TBH I find that while Toxic Spikes is great, paired with WoW it'll probably interfere with each other.

Azumarill? Time to WoW it- oh shit it's poisoned cuz Toxic Spikes. Welp.

I forget, does Coffy get Pain Split as an egg move this gen or not?

TBH I find that while Toxic Spikes is great, paired with WoW it'll probably interfere with each other.

Azumarill? Time to WoW it- oh shit it's poisoned cuz Toxic Spikes. Welp.

I forget, does Coffy get Pain Split as an egg move this gen or not?
I think it does.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It can't use Pain Split or Magic Coat (a move listed in the first post) in conjunction with Toxic Spikes. Both of those moves are BW2 tutors, not egg moves.

Looks like the Cofagrigus discussion is taking place here instead..
It would have made a lot of sense to actually check the forum before posting so then someone else's work doesn't just get thrown away.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
One of my fave pokemon this gen and, funnily enough, it's making a comeback despite nothing changing about it. The Metagame has changed, but it makes Cofagrigus even better! With the bloody bastard of a bird Talonflame and the Aqua rabbit becoming more popular, two pokemon that have their abilities made successful, are nothing in this pokemon's eyes. Mummy, fantastic stats... need I go on?

OU viable for sure, perhaps not used enough though.

Looks like the Cofagrigus discussion is taking place here instead..
It would have made a lot of sense to actually check the forum before posting so then someone else's work doesn't just get thrown away.
I did, I checked it and I was writing it after you posted it, no need to get hostile. If you could Delete/Close that thread it would be cool.

I did, I checked it and I was writing it after you posted it, no need to get hostile. If you could Delete/Close that thread it would be cool.
To be honest, there is PLENTY reason to be upset that someone made a new thread KNOWING there already is one, and then telling that person "If you deleted your thread that'd be cool"
But that's just me :/

I'm getting "hostile" because I find it pretty rude that even after being told by someone that a thread already exists, you decide to ignore that and continue. When I posted mine I checked the forum before I wrote the thread and again before posting, since Cofagrigus has recently been added to the game and it's common sense that someone might have posted a thread in the relatively long period of time it can take to write one.

It wasn't posted when I was typing this, I'm sorry if you're offended, if it makes you happy I'll delete this thread and move on, gosh.

I'm getting "hostile" because I find it pretty rude that even after being told by someone that a thread already exists, you decide to ignore that and continue. When I posted mine I checked the forum before I wrote the thread and again before posting, since Cofagrigus has recently been added to the game and it's common sense that someone might have posted a thread in the relatively long period of time it can take to write one.
Not to be rude, but literally nobody cares who starts these threads, as they literally serve no purpose except as a place for those of us with under 2k rating to talk and feel good about ourselves. The stuff that actually matters happens at the C&C board.

Not to be rude, but literally nobody cares who starts these threads, as they literally serve no purpose except as a place for those of us with under 2k rating to talk and feel good about ourselves. The stuff that actually matters happens at the C&C board.
Well, that's a grim way to think of the forums :0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)