Comprehensive list of pre-existing move/ability/mechanic changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a cohesive, specific resource of such available? So as to potentially not make this thread wholey unhelpful from the start for others looking for information like me, various changes I've seen scattered on different sites,

*Lightningrod grants +1 sp.atk when hit by an electric move and negates the damage. I feel it's a safe assumption Storm Drain has been changed in a similar way

I was able to compile a list of Power, Accuracy, and PP changes in old moves. I bolded the improvements and italicized the drops as well, with the old values in parenthesis. Be aware that I may have missed some, so point them out to me if you realize it:

Jump Kick: 100 Power (from 85), 10 PP (from 25)
Tackle: 50 Power (from 35), 100 Accuracy (from 95)
Wrap: 90 Accuracy (from 85)
Thrash: 120 Power (from 90), 10 PP (from 20)
Disable: 100 Accuracy (from 80)
Growth: Raises Sp.Atk and Atk one level.
Petal Dance: 120 Power (from 90), 10 PP (from 20)
Thunder Wave: Now hits Ground type foes.
Toxic: 90 Accuracy (from 85)
Hi Jump Kick: 130 Power (from 100), 10 PP (from 20)
Glare: 90 Accuracy (from 75)
Crabhammer: 90 Accuracy (from 85)
Scary Face: 100 Accuracy (from 90)
Outrage: 10 PP (from 15)
Giga Drain: 75 Power (from 60)
Fury Cutter: 20 Power (from 10)
Future Sight: 100 Power (from 80), 100 Accuracy (from 90), 10 PP (from 15)
Whirlpool: 35 Power (from 15), 85 Accuracy (from 70)
Uproar: 90 Power (from 50)
Sand Tomb: 35 Power (from 15), 85 Accuracy (from 70)
Bullet Seed: 25 Power (from 10)
Icicle Spear: 25 Power (from 10)
Covet: 60 Power (from 40)
Rock Blast: 90 Accuracy (from 80)
Doom Desire: 140 Power (from 120), 100 Accuracy (from 85)
Last Resort: 140 Power (from 130)
Drain Punch: 75 Power (from 60), 10 PP (from 5)
Magma Storm: 75 Accuracy (from 70)

I also included Growth and Thunder Wave whose new effects are pretty well-known now. Undoubtedly there will be many changes in the effects of moves that will need testing.

EDIT: Found some move changes

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/56420999

Some that stand out,

*Thunder Wave does hit ground pokemon
*Toxic, accuracy 90%
*Rock Blast, accuracy 90%
*Icicle Spear, BP 25
*Bullet Seed, BP 25

And I now have an excuse to finally use the fun gimmick moves Disable and Future Sight.

That's interesting, and kind of stupid, if Swift/Swim and Chlorophyll don't work with drizzle/drought. It seems like Sandstorm will be impossible to stop without other weathers. I'd put that one down but I'm not sure.

I don't know if my Shimama has Lightningrod or Motor Drive so I can't confirm the second one but I've heard the same.

*Giga Drain & Drain Punch's BP are both now 75.
i.e. Fuck you Technician Breloom? Kind of seems odd they have all these contradictory changes at the same time...

EDIT@Below: I am liking the across-the-board buff to multi-hit moves, if at least just for in-game.

I was able to compile a list of Power, Accuracy, and PP changes in old moves. I bolded the improvements and italicized the drops as well, with the old values in parenthesis. Be aware that I may have missed some, so point them out to me if you realize it:

Jump Kick: 100 Power (from 85), 10 PP (from 25)
Tackle: 50 Power (from 35), 100 Accuracy (from 95)
Wrap: 90 Accuracy (from 85)
Thrash: 120 Power (from 90), 10 PP (from 20)
Disable: 100 Accuracy (from 80)
Growth: Raises Sp.Atk and Atk one level.
Petal Dance: 120 Power (from 90), 10 PP (from 20)
Toxic: 90 Accuracy (from 85)
Hi Jump Kick: 130 Power (from 100), 10 PP (from 20)
Glare: 90 Accuracy (from 75)
Crabhammer: 90 Accuracy (from 85)
Scary Face: 100 Accuracy (from 90)
Outrage: 10 PP (from 15)
Giga Drain: 75 Power (from 60)
Fury Cutter: 20 Power (from 10)
Future Sight: 100 Power (from 80), 100 Accuracy (from 90), 10 PP (from 15)
Whirlpool: 35 Power (from 15), 85 Accuracy (from 70)
Uproar: 90 Power (from 50)
Sand Tomb: 35 Power (from 15), 85 Accuracy (from 70)
Bullet Seed: 25 Power (from 10)
Icicle Spear: 25 Power (from 10)
Covet: 60 Power (from 40)
Rock Blast: 90 Accuracy (from 80)
Doom Desire: 140 Power (from 120), 100 Accuracy (from 85)
Last Resort: 140 Power (from 130)
Drain Punch: 75 Power (from 60), 10 PP (from 5)
Magma Storm: 75 Accuracy (from 70)

I also included Growth whose new effect is pretty well-known now. Undoubtedly there will be many changes in the effects of other moves that will need testing.

*Swift Swim/Chlorophyll no longer work with Drizzle/Drought
No

However, Speed will not double on the turn weather becomes Heavy Rain.
Also, that was on the page of Bulbapedia/Serebii in GenIV. That's not a mechanic change, next turn speed is doubled. As example, in a 2v2 battle I switch Ttar out and Drizzle Politoed in, but my Swift Swim Kingdra won't outspeed Infernape the turn I switch Poli into the battle, but the next turns Kingdra will be faster than Ape.

Also, Trash and Petal Dance have 120 base power now.

Also, that was on the page of Bulbapedia/Serebii in GenIV. That's not a mechanic change, next turn speed is doubled. As example, in a 2v2 battle I switch Ttar out and Drizzle Politoed in, but my Swift Swim Kingdra won't outspeed Infernape the turn I switch Poli into the battle, but the next turns Kingdra will be faster than Ape.

Also, Trash and Petal Dance have 120 base power now.
What if those players really are noticing that their Swift Swim/Chlorophyll guys are being outsped by slightly faster Pokemon in the middle of Rain and Sun? This may need to be looked into.

And that's my topic on GFaqs thread creator! That's cool, since that will eventually expire anyway. But feel free to copy my list and add it to your first post!

No, you misunderstood me. Some players are claiming that rain brought by Drizzle won't activate Swift Swim, by quoting this
When rainy, The Pokémon’s Speed doubles. However, Speed will not double on the turn weather becomes Heavy Rain.
from Serebii

Some people misunderstand this, as they think that there is a difference between Heavy Rain (Drizzle) and regular Rain (Rain Dance) and ignore the bolded part "on the turn". Look at the pages with Drizzle and Rain Dance, Serebii just calls Rain Heavy Rain. Also, this page wasn't updated for this generation and is in fact written for GenIV. As we all know Kyogre's rain works with Kingdra, etc.

Drizzle -> "heavy" rain
Rain Dance -> "heavy" rain

The example I wrote is just a theoretical example, not based on ingame experiences. I just wanted to show what the bolded part really means.

-0²

I think Tail Glow has a new effect; can anyone find out what it is (probably some sort of extra stat boost, like with Growth)?

It's nice that some of the poorer abilities are getting a boost.
I wonder if Lightning Rod still attracts electric attacks.

The changes to Thrash and Petal Dance are logical to line them up with their counterpart, Outrage, which was base 90 pre Gen IV as well.

I wonder if the change to Thunder Wave is due to the shiny new ability some ground types have that double their speed in a Sandstorm.
I was thinking that they could not be slowed down by the most common paralysis move but so much for that.

The overall trend is an increase in base power and/or accuracy of older moves.
High Jump Kick is now scary powerful for a one turn attack with OK accuracy and a manageable drawback.
It's the second base power boost it's gotten in as many generations; someone loves it.

No, you misunderstood me. Some players are claiming that rain brought by Drizzle won't activate Swift Swim, by quoting this
from Serebii

Some people misunderstand this, as they think that there is a difference between Heavy Rain (Drizzle) and regular Rain (Rain Dance) and ignore the bolded part "on the turn". Look at the pages with Drizzle and Rain Dance, Serebii just calls Rain Heavy Rain. Also, this page wasn't updated for this generation and is in fact written for GenIV. As we all know Kyogre's rain works with Kingdra, etc.

Drizzle -> "heavy" rain
Rain Dance -> "heavy" rain

The example I wrote is just a theoretical example, not based on ingame experiences. I just wanted to show what the bolded part really means.

-0²
I see. I guess it's one of those panic attacks people have when they read things out of context in a new gen.

We need some dedicated people to start testing other moves and abilities implicated by some of these changes, such as confirming Storm Drain doing something similar to Lightningrod.

Skill Link Cloyster = 135 damage

Also bullet seed is gonna look REEEAL nice on dat Technichian Breloom. 55 BP per seed, up to 275 if all of them hit

if it's confirmed that rest now sleeps for 3 turns and perish song takes 4?
To be honest, I think there might be a misunderstanding there. For instance, doesn't the perish counter go down one on the same turn Perish Song is used, giving the message that "Pokemon's perish counter fell to 3"? That would imply that the perish counter starts at 4.

Twave working on ground types is a really bizzare change. I don't know whether to be overjoyed or upset.
THIS: If this is for real, it's really going to fuck some shit up. Paralyzing Garchomp on the switch? FUCK YEAH. Also, if you look at the TM lists somewhere around here, everything and its mother now learns Twave.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Wow. Now Doom Desire Jirachi is looking to be totally viable. ^_^

By the way, I thought I heard a rumor about Stealth Rock being nerfed. If this is true, the implications would be HUGE.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Did Mega Drain get a boost at all? It might be a viable alternative for those Technician mons if the power is like 55 or 60

T-Wave hitting Ground types is sad. I thought Gliscor was going to be able to be immune to both T-Wave AND Toxic with Poison Heal.

Ugh, these move changes are basically ruining the basics of my thread! I assumed that most moves would stay the same. -/-
-

so, what about the ability changes? Sturdy is now a built-in Focus Sash, Lightningrod is a electric immunity with SAtk boost, anything else?

Thunder Wave hits Grounds? Fuck yeah, Poison Heal Gliscor, immune to another status. Seems like they're really powering up a lot of old moves.

Ursaring with Guts STAB Thrash may be cool too.

Upstart

Copy Cat
Twave hitting ground is dissappointing as I think it is almost broken now but whatever. The other type outrages are sweet. I especailly think thrash will be amazing especailly on something like Kangaskhan. I also love how hi jump kick got a boost. Although it is still risky it will greatly help medicham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)