confined for 10 years. what you picking? (NEW CHOICES AVAILABLE, SEE POST #74)

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
With the buffs and nerfs to various options, many previous choices have become obsolete due to the inclusion of internet to free up slots. Allow me to optimize and solve this question.

Windows and 2 friends are mandatory for every list. Without windows or human contact, you're basically in solitary confinement. You would go insane in less than a year and not last the required amount of time to get the money. Even if you do somehow last that long, your mind will be in such an awful state that you can't actually make use of the money. Someone is going to probably say "but the internet lets me facetime people for free!". Sorry, but it needs to be PHYSICAL contact. The best FaceTime would do is stave off your madness for a year or two. Besides, you need some natural light as there is no way to replicate the exact Vitamin D found in sunlight. You can also replace the friends with sexual partner if you want, but

A. you're lame
B. you limit the amount of things you can do since friends allows you to do more stuff

Food is the next option, as eating a tasteless gruel for 10 years would probably be awful. I think both ikea shopping bag and two meals of anything imaginable both have their pros and cons. For the shopping bag, while you would be able to have a grander selection of things such as cookware, microwaves, or even phones since you're not limited to just food, you only get one per week to hold you over and you can't really fit enough food and other things into one bag to keep you from eating gruel for a week. With the two meals though, you basically get to create the perfect food that provides everything that the gruel does + a taste that changes everytime so you'll never get tired of eating it + always stays at the perfect temperature + can never get any germs on it + other stuff that I am probably forgetting. It never says you can't change it either, so if you get tired of the superfood you can always eat trash. But it's much more limited than the ikea bag, and ultimately you're forgoing better resources in the long run in exchange for a better head start. To put it simply, ikea bags are for long-term strategies, while two meals is a short-term one with a better head start. Ultimately, I think the ikea bag is better but I can definitely see viable choices that use two meals instead.

The 4th choice should be obvious: computer. If you're reading this, more likely than not, you probably have a mild addiction to the internet, so the computer allows you to not go insane from withdrawal. On the rare occasion you're not though, a computer opens up the world to you. Now you can interact with people outside of your apartment, play random internet games like Showdown, etc. With this choice alone, you're locked out of console games, but a key loophole here is that you're only restricted to media available on another choice. For example, this does not limit handheld-exclusives and emulators since handhelds do not fall under the standard console definition, which gives you a practically limitless gallery of games to choose from. The ikea bag also lends to this option, as now you can manually upgrade your computer to get faster speed and better graphics until it's a high end gaming computer (if desired), and possibly even a controller so you don't have to use the dumb keyboard.

Last slot is filler. You already have everything you need with the first 4, now you just need to pick out whatever you else you want. You want live cable? Pick TV. Want to play some sweet console games? Pick console. Into working out for some reason? Pick the workout room. The only problem here is you're actively choosing to go without something. I think either console or doctors is the best option, as the former allows to bypass the restriction put on the computer to access other media types like TV shows and podcasts (although it needs a web browser), while the latter is a pretty good way to prevent yourself from dying via random accidents due to the shoddy furniture, or just catching an illness or something.

To end this post, I believe the best choices are:

Windows
2 Friends
IKEA Bag
Computer
Console

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cont. from IKEA bag: There's some setup required for this to work, since you'll need to build up a follower base and then actually do the commissions themselves, but this is easily a top tier pick. There's no rule that the stuff you put in the bag has to be food, and if you add one now then you're a massive fucking coward but please don't take this from me. Also I enjoy cooking and can batch cook meals easy, so even if the Amazon glitch gets patched out this is still staying on the list
No you misunderstand, it's groceries but it's just not infinite groceries. People were taking some liberties with what "1 bag" meant

question: is the woman literally ONLY for sex or is that expanded to other sexual activities
"Sex" encapsulates all sexual activities

Last edited:
Alright changing this stuff up
I choose custom meal, glock, freinds, doctors, and groceries. The custom meal will be the most irresistible food ever that no one can resist and then i'll add a little bit a raw pufferfish from the store into it. I will blend it in the food and start shooting up the doctors and friends so the swat team comes. i will then offer them the irrestible food that has poision in it and kill all the swat members. I will then wait to get more irrestible food and once ive stacked up bout 50. ill demand jeff bezos give me the key to his bank account in exchange for the food. Hell eat it and die soon after. then ill get bank account money to by a unbreakable wall. I will then just chill in his house and anytime I want something I'd buy it. For freinds and sociaal stuff, ill just offer irrestible food so they be my longlife partners. Ez hacked the system mlg pro gamer xx.

EDit: i know glock has changed. But i can still just take it from armory

Last edited:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Windows and 2 friends are mandatory for every list. Without windows or human contact, you're basically in solitary confinement. You would go insane in less than a year and not last the required amount of time to get the money. Even if you do somehow last that long, your mind will be in such an awful state that you can't actually make use of the money. Someone is going to probably say "but the internet lets me facetime people for free!". Sorry, but it needs to be PHYSICAL contact. The best FaceTime would do is stave off your madness for a year or two. Besides, you need some natural light as there is no way to replicate the exact Vitamin D found in sunlight.
oh boy do I have some news for you about prisons in America

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
"Sex" encapsulates all sexual activities
So I'm supposed to perform sexual acts upon a stranger for 3 full hours? Yeah no thanks, I can barely talk to people out loud so I think keeping a woman going over 5 minutes is a bit of a stretch

Anyways new game plan: using my sexy sexy commission money I will buy shit off Amazon and send it to random addresses. Nothing that'll be a pain to get rid of like large furniture or nuclear waste, but I'll send one person 10 cardboard cutouts of Nigel Farage and another a large bag filled to the brim with crappy youtuber merch. Stuff that'll get people talking. I'll order take out for random addresses too, what the hell. Order someone something hellish like pizza with anchovies and pineapples with no cheese or a pizza with a mayonnaise base. Cause as much chaos across the city as possible while confined to my concrete prison, without having to reap the consequences

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
Wait holy shit are we allowed to do crimes? Can I get hard drugs delivered to someones door and get them arrested for it? Could I hack into any website I want without having to face the legal repercussions? Can I doxx people and get away with is scott free? This is so based holy fuck, I'm gonna become a real life super villain for 10 years then use my blood money to disappear off the face of the earth and commit even more crimes

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
I would like to try my hand at this metagame

Soo here I'm assuming you get new stuff if you dont break it but... loses it... or have it get out of the tower....

PC

Duh. You can also vc people online as long as you don't tell them your situation, or you can bait the SWAT team to your room to annihilate them in your Glock strat.

Console

To accompany my PC. This can change if you don't care about console games (I'm assuming you can still have online games and whatnot that's not console-exclusive, likeeee I don't know PS or something).

2 dish with anything you want (or another food option)

Duh. Loophole is that you can get a huge plate with many sections (kinda like school cafeteria plates but better and fanciar and stuff, you know what I mean) along with lots and lots of different stuff, enough for a day. Or you can just take something that is normally huge (like a pizza) that lasts a day. Or you can have some really good stuff (but with smaller amounts) once in a while and eat gruel for the rest of the day.

Armory

Finally if you get sick of everything you initiate the Glock strat that cityscapes posted and break out of your stupid Trump Tower. If you don't want to break out and prefers to stay for ten years because you're an introvert and this is heaven then you can replace this with books (though you can read them on PC), paper/pen, or woman/friends. You can even get the world's best doctors if you don't trust your local doctors.

Whatever else

Honestly training equipment is kinda stupid bc you can just do pushups and whatnot. You'll prolly get tired of the sports room too in like a month, a year at most.

Now here's the crux of this setup: with access to your computer (with wifi), you have access to Ebay, Amazon, all that stuff. You can sell your superexpensive console, wifi, or armory, and get infinite money (since everything gets replaced). Bonus is that you can actually use the stuff before you sell it, or keep it brand new for more value. You'll probably start slow, but PC + food + whatever else you picked should take care of everything until you start rolling in dough.

E: saw post 74 and edited accordingly

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)