Pokémon Corsola-Galar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. Sorry SUPER NOOB here. Why should I have 0IV in Attack? Does it boost a different IV or something? I currently have a 6 IV GCorsola with cursed body and calm nature.

I have a question. Sorry SUPER NOOB here. Why should I have 0IV in Attack? Does it boost a different IV or something? I currently have a 6 IV GCorsola with cursed body and calm nature.
The 0 Attack IVs are there to maximize how much your opponent heals from Strength Sap and to reduce the damage from Foul Play and Confusion.

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize that 0 Attack IVs existed to reduce how much your opponent healed from Strength Sap. Whoops.

Last edited:
I was super unimpressed with this Pokemon originally, but the movepool is just brilliant. Reliable recovery and so many options for utility with amazing defenses is rough. This is a real threat.

The 0 Attack IVs are there to maximize how much you heal from Strength Sap and to reduce the damage from Foul Play and Confusion.
Running 0 Attack IVs doesn't affect how much health you heal with Strength Sap. Rather, it affects how much your opponent heals with Strength Sap.

When i first played Galarian Corsola, the first thing i thought was a bit more offensive (while still beeing defensive) let me explain:

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Whirlpool
- Night Shade
- Strength Sap

So, the idea behind this is as simple as trapping physical threads, and having enough special bulk to still be relevant for special attackers, while at the same time wear him down with the burn and whirlpool damage. I did some research and those 80 Def are just to survive 3 hits of a full speed darmanitan and strength sap out of him, it can run a full special def set, but i didn't test it out yet. I would like to see what do you think about it.

Last edited:
If you can predict the strength sap, Bisharp is an option. Defiant turns the -1 from strength sap into a +1, and while he can't use knock off, throat chop is still powerful.
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 265-312 (81.7 - 96.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Bisharp Throat Chop vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 302-356 (93.2 - 109.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

You run the risk of will-o-wisp, however, especially if you don't get the OHKO.
It's a safe assumption that the sap will heal corsola to full, so taking rocks into account is pointless. That being said, even if you don't OHKO (LO can't do that anyway) it cannot really heal up with strength sap because that just gives you a further attack boost which means you clap it the next turn or whatever decides to come in. Corsola can burn you instead, but you would obviously still KO it if the opponent leaves it in for the next turn. Which they probably won't... and now your bisharp is basically crippled anyway. On the positive side, it's likely that the corsola cannot come in again.
Overall Bisharp arguably isn't that great here.

So G-Corsola is overall weaker than Dusclops right?
Dusclops is very slightly bulkier than Corsola.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 176-210 (61.9 - 73.9%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Corsola-Galar: 212-252 (65.4 - 77.7%)

sorry for bringing up again my curse Corsola set, but I was thinking in doubles it might prove really good... with Gothetelle. Shadow Tag prevents the switches, and it has Heal pulse as well to keep Corsola extra alive especially the turn it curses. Goth is faster but it can heal any damage corsola may take before it gets a chance to curse so it doesn't kill itself. Plus an extra healing is nice in case Cursola wants to night shade or whirlpool for a little extra damage instead of strength sap. Not sure what else Gothitelle would use, I think it could be good with a nasty plot set(Nasty Plot stored Power and Filler)

This all means nothing if Gothitelle at least on smogon is still banned out of OU due to shadowtag...

What’s a good way to counter this thing? I’m having a hard time against it, especially if it carries Eviolite
Centiskorch does pretty well against it, since its Subs can't be broken with max HP investment, Flash Fire benefits from Will-O-Wisp, it gets Knock Off and Fire Lash (which lowers defense with each use)

Centiskorch does pretty well against it, since its Subs can't be broken with max HP investment, Flash Fire benefits from Will-O-Wisp, it gets Knock Off and Fire Lash (which lowers defense with each use)
Dragapult and Hydreigon are the big ones, able to 2HKO plus not being affected by burns and strength sap will eventually lose the recovery it needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)