Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how viable this would be, it;d be better if lucario had access to technician, but here is a work up boosting triple priority lucario.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252SAtk
Brave/Naughty Nature
- Work Up
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Vacuum Wave

I think that a mixed priority luc would be a better recipient of SmashPass, with Close Combat to have good STAB over Work Up.

Here's another idea that might be fun to try:

Dragonite @ Life Orb
80 Atk/252 SpAtk/176 Spe
Naive / Inner Focus

Agility
Hurricane
Thunder
Dragon Claw/Dragon Pulse

This is an unusual set, since it isn't a set that relies on Dragon Stab for sweeping, but instead relies on Hurricane and Thunder for rain sweeping. Mixed EVs and Dragon Claw lets it beat all dragons including rarer things like bulky CM Latias while getting a stronger hit on special walls. With dpulse, move EVs to HP and go Timid. It's still walled by Chansey/Blissey since it still can't boost its attack though. Timid is only good to outspeed +1 110s, but those are fairly rare, so keep enough speed to beat +1 Jolly Terrakion if nothing else.

Yeah, it 1hko's normal mence after SR but doesn't beat stuff like FatMence. Dpulse hurts more things that run physical defense, but will never 1hko CM Latias. Hurricane and Thunder cover most physically defensive pokemon better anyway though, so going mixed is a better idea most of the time.

I think that a mixed priority luc would be a better recipient of SmashPass, with Close Combat to have good STAB over Work Up.

Here's another idea that might be fun to try:

Dragonite @ Life Orb
80 Atk/252 SpAtk/176 Spe
Naive / Inner Focus

Agility
Hurricane
Thunder
Dragon Claw/Dragon Pulse

This is an unusual set, since it isn't a set that relies on Dragon Stab for sweeping, but instead relies on Hurricane and Thunder for rain sweeping. Mixed EVs and Dragon Claw lets it beat all dragons including rarer things like bulky CM Latias while getting a stronger hit on special walls. With dpulse, move EVs to HP and go Timid. It's still walled by Chansey/Blissey since it still can't boost its attack though. Timid is only good to outspeed +1 110s, but those are fairly rare, so keep enough speed to beat +1 Jolly Terrakion if nothing else.
Why Inner Focus? Wouldn't Multiscale allow more opportunities to use Agility?

May i suggest Clamperl? With the addition of Drizzle and Shell Smash to work with, along with the Deep Sea Tooth, it can hit 984 Sp. Atk, and thats only with a timid nature, along with a 30 IV for a Hidden Power (Preferably grass)

Clamperl @Deep Sea Tooth
252 Spe // 252 Sp. Atk // 4 HP
Timid w/ Rattled (Raises Speed when hit by Ghost, Bug, or Dark-type moves)
30 Atk. IV // 30 Sp. Atk IV (For HP Grass)
~ Shell Smash
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power

This pokemon is remarkable, although it's speed can say otherwise. I've swept with this thing plenty of times, after eliminating Choice Scarf users. Clamperl hits a respectable 358 Speed, factoring in the Timid nature, and hits 477 Speed if Rattled is activated, which outspeed most pokemon, including 100 base speed scarved pokemon with netural nature, and can at least dent anything not named Ferrothorn. Speaking of Ferro, here's a calc of an Ice Beam Vs. Ferrothorn, different variants as well.

+2 DST Timid Clamperl vs. 252 HP // 168 SpD Ferro = 61.6% - 72.5%
+2 DST Timid Clamperl vs. 248 HP // 8 SpD Ferro = 70.9% - 83.4%

Even with Ferrothorn being one of the only pokes that can stop it, if it decides to Power Whip and misses, its gg. Either way, 984 Sp. Atk Rain Boosted STAB Surf will wreck anything unprepared.

That set looks amazing, but it's too bad it gets wrecked by common priority attacks. (Scizor's BP, Lucario's Vacuum Wave, Conkeldurr's Mach Punch, etc) Plus there's the fact that your weak to SR, frail as heck (especially after SS), and can't run Focus Sash or White Herb to prevent you from being killed after your boost. I guess with the right support it could work, but it seems extremely risky and hard to pull off.

But hey, if you do pull it off, how can you turn down the satifaction of sweeping with a NFE clam?

May i suggest Clamperl? With the addition of Drizzle and Shell Smash to work with, along with the Deep Sea Tooth, it can hit 984 Sp. Atk, and thats only with a timid nature, along with a 30 IV for a Hidden Power (Preferably grass)

Clamperl @Deep Sea Tooth
252 Spe // 252 Sp. Atk // 4 HP
Timid w/ Rattled (Raises Speed when hit by Ghost, Bug, or Dark-type moves)
30 Atk. IV // 30 Sp. Atk IV (For HP Grass)
~ Shell Smash
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power

This pokemon is remarkable, although it's speed can say otherwise. I've swept with this thing plenty of times, after eliminating Choice Scarf users. Clamperl hits a respectable 358 Speed, factoring in the Timid nature, and hits 477 Speed if Rattled is activated, which outspeed most pokemon, including 100 base speed scarved pokemon with netural nature, and can at least dent anything not named Ferrothorn. Speaking of Ferro, here's a calc of an Ice Beam Vs. Ferrothorn, different variants as well.

+2 DST Timid Clamperl vs. 252 HP // 168 SpD Ferro = 61.6% - 72.5%
+2 DST Timid Clamperl vs. 248 HP // 8 SpD Ferro = 70.9% - 83.4%

Even with Ferrothorn being one of the only pokes that can stop it, if it decides to Power Whip and misses, its gg. Either way, 984 Sp. Atk Rain Boosted STAB Surf will wreck anything unprepared.
Hooooly shit this thing is nice! I broke my honor code and used a rain team for this guy and it's awesome. Although, I did get OHKO'd by a Mach Punch from Hitmonchan...but whatever, I guess that's why it's NU.

Edit: Just OHKO'd a Blissey with a +4 Surf. Was a crit but it didn't matter:

252 +4 SpAtk Clamperl Surf vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Blissey: 103,5% - 121,99%
100% chance to OHKO
H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Clamperl can't set-up in OU everything can OHKO it and 358 speed is outspeed by almost every scarfer in OU and there is alot priority running around too.
Its maybe intresting in NU ,because even RU hits too hard for him to set-up.

The chances of you actually winning a match with that Clamperl in OU are minimal, seeing as you would have to be facing a team which had absolutely no priority moves. Almost every team has to run at least one Pokemon with a priority move to take out things like Cloyster, and for revenge killing purposes. Therefore, that Clamperl isn't very viable. It's nice, but it won't work in OU.

My Favorite Rhyperior Set

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Careful
252 HP/ 76 Def/ 176 SpD/4 Atk

Rest
Sleep Talk
Dragon Tail
Fire Punch/Ice Punch/ Thunder Punch

This is basically a rest talk phazer set I use in my sun teams. With Solid rock, Rhyperior can take a lot of damage, and rest it off. Dragon Tail is good against set up sweepers, especially those of the dragon typing. In the last slot is a coverage move, I Prefer Fire Punch because of Ferrothorn, and since it gets boosted damage under the sun

None the less, if you can make Clamperl work in OU and sweep a couple teams, you do kinda win major man points (sorry ladies>.<). The warm feeling that you just swept with a Clamperl, and knowing that your opponent know they just got swept by a Clamperl would make all the trouble of knocking out Scarfers (coughWobbuffet) and priority users (coughWobbuffetMagnezoneSableyeburnsingeneralcough) totally worth it.

While this may seem like a good idea, parashuffler Dragonite is the superior option if you want to Dragon Tail. Rhyperior has too many weaknesses and lacks the Special Bulk to pull this set off.

haunter

Banned deucer.
That's not true at all. If used with sandstorm support careful max SpD Rhyperior reaches a solid 343 stat that coupled with its high HP and solid rock makes it able to take many special hits and even some SE ones. I remember when, back in 4th gen, I used it to counter mixmence with excellent results. The lack of stab on that set hurts though.

Don't know how viable this would be, it;d be better if lucario had access to technician, but here is a work up boosting triple priority lucario.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252SAtk
Brave/Naughty Nature
- Work Up
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Vacuum Wave
i made on just like this back in 4th gen but never really got to test it, but instead of extremespeed, i went with close combat because ES counters are hit by your other 2 priorities even if they are weaker(regardless dnite can sort of wall this set)

Dragonite @ Life Orb
80 Atk/252 SpAtk/176 Spe
Naive / Inner Focus

Agility
Hurricane
Thunder
Dragon Claw/Dragon Pulse

i also made one like this last month and i like it, but i use marvel scale and my setup is max speed, 180 sp. att i think and the rest is in attack because i run modest. instead of agility i use DD and extremespeed instead of a dragon attack. i posted this in the quick question quick answer thread for help on an ev spread but no one replied =/

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's my Latios set that I used on a heavy Dragon/Fighting offensive team.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 240 SAtk / 212 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Recover
- Tailwind
- Surf / Psyshock

This set isn't too "creative" but its Modest nature and impact on the current metagame with the damage this Latios can deal is impressive. Its most common counters (Jirachi, Tyranitar) are hit harder and dealt with instantly assuming you have Stealth Rock or Spikes support. Tailwind adds a universal niche for your slower Pokemon with powerful moves/stats to get in some damage for the few turns that follow. It also works well when Tyranitar users Pursuit in hopes that they've achieved their goal, but are far from safe by any stretch of the imagination.

To add to that, CM Latios is really good. It boasts the offensive power that Latias lacks and can deal around 50-60% to max SpD tar after a boost iirc, Jirachi suffers a similar fate. It makes it so things that rely on Latios to be either weakened after a DM or locked into one move like Scizor or bulky waters using recover to be destroyed. It's speed is a problem but there are very few faster physical attackers that threaten it (notably scarftar) and special attackers like Starmie will not be able to deal enough damage. Also fun to use against Reuniclus that lack psyshock.

CM Latias' main appeal isn't the damage, so much as once it gets to +2 and possibly behind a sub, it doesn't fucking die to special attacks, except maybe lolUnaware Ice Beams (Clefable wants Magic Guard more, while Quagsire has lol SpA) or viciously strong Dragon, Ice or Dark attacks. Latios can go bulky too, but he then gets outclassed by his sister.

I should try that Latios, actually. It looks like it could punish a lot of things with LO Modest Surf.

Ok, so this is my first time doing this, so it might be a bit scrubbish but here goes.

I refer to this as the "HotMama set."

Latias(always Female, dur) @ Flame orb
Ability:Levitate
Nature: Timid(Speed for attack)
252 Spe/128hp/128 SpA
-Draco Meteor
-Psycho shift
-Recover
-Thunderbolt/Mistball/Psychic/Surf

basically, in a nutshell, what this set does is come out and strike a Target, gets burned at the end of the turn, and then PS'es it over to the opponent. since many latias counters are endowed with physical power(DD Mox scrafty,Scizor, Ttar) but few outspeed the girlie, she can pass over the burn, halving their power instantly.
since she's a special attacker, she is immune to the power cuttage.when her Hp gets too low, she can just regain it with Recover. the 4th moveslot is with the 4 best fillers i can think of-Tbolt checks rain pokes and that damn dirty Jellicent, but ground types could give her trouble. surf is aesome all around, but Jellicent would be a bitch unless i have a full power DM. Psychic drops Special defense and Murders Conkeldurr, but Dark and stells would LOL at me(until I burn them, anyway). Her signature attack weakens their Spa as well, but yeah....psychic type. so i guess it's up to you.

I actually tried out a non-EV trained version of this in a dubs match online and it did pretty ok. the vid number is 73-98756-83225 on Battle Vids if you wanna check it out :)

so, what's the verdict?

I'd probably run that on the CM Latias just over it's normal support or secondary moves (sub, reflect type, reflect, hp fire, refresh, roar, ect). It's immune to toxic, beats Scizor and non scarf tar, looks pretty solid. My only complaint would be it having major residual damage between sand and burn. I've used lum latias and even that seems to die really quickly. The set would be CM / Dragon Pulse / Recover / Psycho Shift

[pimg]62[/pimg]
Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Swift Swim
Adamant / Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Return / Rock Slide / Poison Jab
SwSw BD Poliwrath should run Fling in the last slot with Splash Plate. That way you hit harder with Waterfall and always OHKO Celebi/Jellicent.

This set is fairly interesting, but I've used it to great success on a VoltTurn team, and I like to use it as the ultimate team player. Try it out!

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Doom Desire
- Thunderbolt/Stealth Rock/Protect
- Wish

Yes, Doom Desire Jirachi. You'd be surprised how excellently it works on a U-turn team. This thing is meant to put my opponent in some extremely difficult positions throughout the battle. Despite what you may think of Doom Desire, it's undoubtedly a strong move coming off a decent special attack stat, so when you put it off your opponent is already worried about who's going to take it. The next step is to U-turn out to a counter of what your opponent currently has out. The constant pressure applied by the strong U-turns from the likes of Scizor and Landorus force the opponent to make a tough decision: do they bring out a special wall to take Doom Desire and risk big damage from U-turn, or do they bring in something to take the U-turn but take some big damage from Doom Desire. If my opponent quickly switches to Heatran with the hopes of taking Doom Desire, I bring in Landorus or Rotom-W and my opponent is essentially fucked and something will definitely die. I have Thunderbolt in the third slot to take on the common water type switch-ins as effectively as possible, and then I have Wish in the fourth slot because Wish is awesome on U-turn teams with all the switching that's going on. The EVs can probably be tinkered with a lot, but I've never really been an expert and managing good EVs. If anyone has a suggestion about that, let me know.

If you have a U-turning team, I strongly recommend giving this set a try.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Creative set, Xephyr - just saw the replay you posted with this Jirachi :d. The only thing I could suggest is possibly going Modest to give Doom Desire more power: not too sure if Timid is necessary. Wish is cool, but Healing Wish may fit your team's style better, not giving the opponent any momentum while you heal one of your members. Your Jirachi isn't particularly defensive, either, so it may find it difficult to pass Wishes. Either Healing Wish or Stealth Rock / coverage move like HP Fire or HP Grass / Grass Knot may come in more handy.

Ok, i pulled out a set i made back in gen 4, it's not something to write home about in terms of overall usefulness, but it's fun to play:

Persian @ life orb/lum berry
252Att/252Spe
Jolly
Technition (limber works, but it's not as useful)
-Fake Out
-Protect
-U-Turn
-Taunt/Double Edge

play it like a stallbreaker or scout, and just have fun. it might actually suprise you by it not being a complete failure at life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)