dealbreakers

• people who are WAY taller than me - also mega awkward, like they have to lean over like a hunchback to kiss goodbye and stuff ugh its weird

• they look too much like me - okay so my brother is dating a girl who looks like the female version of him. Like if in some freaky, twilight-zone universe, everybody had a opposite gender counterpart, but she somehow came to our universe and they started dating. oh my god it freaks me out so much ughhhh
Posting to say that the former is utterly true, but not a dealbreaker for me. I've got a lovely boyfriend....who is 6'5" to my 5'3". Oh god is it difficult.

And as for the second- Yes. Just yes. I talked to a kid for a while that had the same build, skin color, and complexion as me, aside from dressing in a similar way (that is, lots of dark clothing). It was uncanny and just plain uncomfortable.

• Playing "hard to get". We are adults. Stop fucking around if you're interested or I am moving on to someone who appreciates my attention.
Quoted for the truth. Why the fuck do people even think this is a good idea?

I'd also like to add:
  • overly controlling. Yes I am a woman and yes you should be the dominant one, but for crying in a bucket, I'm opinionated and not afraid to tell you if you're an idiot. Get over it.
Otherwise, all other manners of douchebaggery have been listed. =)

My turnoffs? People who make lists about this sort of thing (lol no I'm sure I'd have one too if I thought about it more).

in all seriousness, people get NOWHERE nagging me to do stuff. If this isn't understood at an early enough time, I'm turned off because I hate that. I have literally left people hanging for weeks just to spite them for nagging me too much about one thing. (Yes I realize this is counterproductive).

you know honestly, I'm not sure I feel right about having a list because I have a lot working against me - for example, being a stubborn cock.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i really hate being underestimated simply by my tiny girl appearance. this also leads to belittling pet names and sometimes, a guy wanting to do everything for me, either because they think they'll do me a favor or they think they're just going to do it better.

you must be taller than me. my first serious boyfriend was my height (and my build!) and man i want to date a MAN, man

i'm a stickler for bad teeth. it's one thing if maybe they're kinda crooked and you could use braces, it's another if they look terrible because you don't take care of them. not sticking my tongue in that bear trap, tyvm

cigarettes are terrible, smoking in general is kind of a turn off, but i myself like to partake in weed, and as long as you're not a definition stoner, and aren't really making a serious habit out of it, it's cool. same goes for drinking - i don't mind drinking socially, but if you're the kind of person that drinks all the time, or WORSE, can 'only have a good time if you're drunk,' then you need to get your shit together

really, really annoying laughs can be unfortunate deal breakers. it's not your fault, but damn, it could be my fault if i don't get away from it.

could probably think of more things, but honestly, i don't dismiss anyone outright until i actually spend time with them. aesthetics aside, if you have a great sense of humor and we can talk for hours about nothing, and still be content just enjoying one another's company, you sound p great!

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys you do know as long as you're not snogging on someone who was just smoking it's going to make zero difference.

The taste will leave your mouth after about ten minutes -- sometimes even less just saying!

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man who cares about the clothing when it's going to end up on the floor anyway.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lmfaooo gen

I guess I don't seem to care about smoking as much as you guys? Cigarettes are definitely pretty gross, and I'm not gonna jump on the whole "kissing right after a cigarette" idea. But as long as they keep their smoking away from me its all good. I am guilty of the occasional cigarette so I guess I can't be too harsh. Trying to nix that habit though. I wouldn't like the whole "they're probably going to die before me due to a smoking related illness" thing though?

Smoking weed is a pretty different story, like Fishy said as long as they aren't like, the very definition of a stoner, spends all their money/time/etc on pot then its alright. I don't mind a boyfriend who smokes pot, as long as they'd share and it isn't the only thing we have in common, cool <:

as for alcohol, if they have a few drinks at parties/social gatherings whatever, thats normal, but if they're drinking all the time and its their only way to "have fun" I have to draw the line.

another one I forgot is being too clingy. Usually the girl is guilty of this, stereotypically, but a clingy guy just comes off as pathetic. Its like, sure, I wanna be with you, but I'm not gonna give up all my friends/responsibilities/family etc. to do so. I need my own space sometimes.

Oh! and someone who can't even associate with my friends. obviously, I'm not going to force them to hangout with my friends and I all the time, thats weird. I dislike it when friends feel the need to bring their partner everywhere, ugh. but if they can't even associate for a few minutes at a time, and play nice, or at social/formal gatherings whatever its a little awkward. I'd hate to give up my relationships with friends for one with a boyfriend.

As a 16-year-old guy, my dealbreakers:

1. Smokes. I don't want to have a constant source of secondhand smoke around all the time-or for that matter, around any potential offspring I might have.
1a. Does alcohol or illicit drugs. I do not want illicit drugs in my life, or any other illegal activities involving substances for that matter.

2. Is short for a woman-as in less than 4 feet 6 inches-or more than an inch taller than me-6 feet.

3. Is absurdly fat. I do not mean "slightly overweight-" I can most certainly take that. I mean "clearly obese."

4. Is ugly/has an annoying voice.

5. Isn't in high school, and not just for legal reasons (I have a religious taboo on premarital sex that I try to follow.) I'm not dating someone who is likely to be emotionally and biologically immature, and I'm not dating college students until college.

6. Is abusive, or likely to start an abusive relationship on either side of the equation. Nobody likes someone who's ax crazy for them.

7. ...is obnoxious. I already have a sister who can get pretty annoying, I don't need another female in my life who doesn't know when it's a good idea to talk.

8. ...cheats.

I agree with most things written so far. My more nitpicky things:

Annoying friends: I want to be able to hang out with your friends, but I can't if they're dumb, bitchy, loud, etc.

Dislikes animals: You don't have to be a vegetarian (I'm not), but you have to like animals. Having pet dander allergies would annoy me as well, because I want to have animals around the house.

People who text or update Facebook constantly: Don't text all your friends when we're on a date. Responding to a couple texts is OK, but any more is rude. Facebook addicts are obnoxious.

General rudeness: Not holding the door for people, spitting, not saying thank-you, etc.

Unclean: Not only personal hygiene, but she has to put effort into having a clean living space. If it looks like you've never vacuumed your place or the sink is constantly full of dishes, I'm not too interested.

Choice of clothes shows lack of effort: You don't have to dress up all the time, but don't wear sweatpants or pajamas out of the house, nothing with huge stains or holes.

Financially irresponsible: Someone who constantly shops or wastes all her money on things she doesn't need.

Too religious: Someone who goes to church and prays is fine, but she can't be fanatical or always trying to get me to be more religious.

Loud or overly-demonstrative: I'm quiet. I don't want girl who never shuts up or is loud in general.

Wants a lot of children: I want one at most.

Highly values family: I don't have much of a family, so I'm uncomfortable when a girl drags me a to huge family event. I just don't put much value in family, so someone who does would be incompatible. I don't want to spend every weekend at your sister's place or visit your parents constantly.

City person: I don't like cities too much, so someone who wants to spend a lot of time in one/live in one is incompatible. Working there is perfectly OK, but I don't want to have to go there every night to socialize.

Expecting me to always agree: Just because I understand your viewpoint doesn't mean I'll agree and do whatever you want.

Excessive piercings: Don't like too many, especially if the girl doesn't realize she can't pull them off.

Fat: I find it physically unattractive and indicative of a slovenly lifestyle.

Too many freckles/birthmarks: Don't find them attractive.

Listens to annoying music: If you want to blast Katy Perry or someone similar, I'm not interested.

I don't know how to describe this one, and I'm sure it makes me sound like a dick, but someone who is into the whole "feed every homeless person/adopt every orphan/recycle everything in sight/go to GLADD parades/let's go to a protest against discrimination" thing is annoying. Community service is fine, but I don't like when it gets out of hand.

Wipes out 99.8% of the female population

Yeah, unless you're a drop dead 10 with lots of money and a sweetheart to boot (which it sounds like you're not) I'd lower your standards a bit mate. Because I couldn't name a girl that didn't cover at least one of those.

As far as girls go you can only pick two (or less)out of the following:
*Mentally stable
*Intelligent
*Attractive

Yeah, unless you're a drop dead 10 with lots of money and a sweetheart to boot (which it sounds like you're not) I'd lower your standards a bit mate. Because I couldn't name a girl that didn't cover at least one of those.
Oh, I definitely understand I'm not going to get all of those, this is just the perfect scenario. I guess I'd call them a lot of those turn-offs rather than dealbreakers. I'm not going to hold out forever, waiting for a perfect girl to come along. Wouldn't be able to get her if she did anyways, haha.

Oh, I definitely understand I'm not going to get all of those, this is just the perfect scenario. I guess I'd call them a lot of those turn-offs rather than dealbreakers. I'm not going to hold out forever, waiting for a perfect girl to come along. Wouldn't be able to get her if she did anyways, haha.
nothing wrong with having standards, man

and yeah this thread can also p much be called "relationship turn-offs" or something because really, its not like I'd deny a guy I really love for not fitting every requirement on my list. The list is going to change throughout my whole life, anyway, as will my taste in men.

also I was joking about the tiny dick thing, goodness

• When they are taller than me
  • When they weigh anywhere over 135 pounds
  • When they finish my sentences
  • When they are guidettes.
  • When their parents are strict
  • Don't like redheads, unless its the Mary Jane type
  • They can't have a grade average under 80
  • And pretty much everything else that Midnight Show said.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A girl just needs to:

- Give me space. From my personal experience, girls who don't give the guy space are one of the worst kind. One of my friends is just being completely whipped by his girlfriend (can't hang out with his friends, spends most of his money on her while hanging with her). It's one thing to want to hang out with your special other, it's another to prevent them from seeing other people.

-Have a nice voice. As long as it's not too high and not too low, I won't mind. Also, your laughter must not make me clasp my ears in pain.

-Not play hard to get/give mixed signals. Get the fuck out. Happened to me two months ago, and I just cut all ties with her.

I like the eye rollingly trite sexism going on here. A person being 5'0" or 6'3" when you are not around the same level is not important, and who cares which one is the taller or shorter? Way to live up to conformist gender role enforcement.

I like the eye rollingly trite sexism going on here. A person being 5'0" or 6'3" when you are not around the same level is not important, and who cares which one is the taller or shorter? Way to live up to conformist gender role enforcement.
I just think it's annoying when I have to get a ladder to kiss my girlfriend, as I am really short (5 foot 9) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)