Defense of The Ancients Mafia: Game over! Carries win!

You all decided that Icefrog should smite nobody on this fine day, so you all go back to your houses as the wolf howls signal the beginning of the night and the growing fog of war.

To clarify, you may vote to attempt an attack on Roshan or not. To vote yes you must send in a list of 5 people that you wish to see fight Roshan, to vote no you simply post Leave Roshan Alone! In the event that there are more lists than Leave Roshan Alone!s, the 5 people with the most votes will be forced to fight Roshan (unless they're a scummy deserting mafioso).

It is now Night 1, Night 1 will end in 48 hours or until a majority is reached on Roshan and all necessary action pms are sent.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Leave Roshan Alone!

Edit: Blue Light, please tell me the mafians are not allowed to send in votes for the village AND their respective group? If this is the case we need all villagers to vote leave him alone so we do not lose night roles on impossible missions.

Leave Roshan Alone!

Edit: Blue Light, please tell me the mafians are not allowed to send in votes for the village AND their respective group? If this is the case we need all villagers to vote leave him alone so we do not lose night roles on impossible missions.
But they would be able to see that we are doing Rosh and would have to sacrifice their night actions also (worse for them then us since they are likely losing a greater percentage of actions AND we want them to do as little as possible until we can lynch).

EDIT: Of course this assumes that we send only villagers, which is why I voted no Rosh until we have some safe bets.

UncleSam

Leading this village
But they would be able to see that we are doing Rosh and would have to sacrifice their night actions also (worse for them then us since they are likely losing a greater percentage of actions AND we want them to do as little as possible until we can lynch).

EDIT: Of course this assumes that we send only villagers, which is why I voted no Rosh until we have some safe bets.
However, mafia could sacrifice one of their most useless roles in exchange for four of our random roles. Is that a sacrifice you are willing to make?

LightWolf

lightwoof
Why should we not go for Roshan ô_o
Well, we can use this to later trap mafias who don't claim to have been forced to idle or even see if 5 specific people have a mafia within them or not. The problem is we don't know how it will work out, like will someone know the party that attacked Roshan in the end? Will someone be told why it failed?

We can get around the first one by gathering up 5 people ourselves and openly tell all to vote them, but if the info "why did the attack fail" isn't told to someone it could happen that 5 clear people are suspected because the mafia stopped the attack.(Basically, tell us b_l are we informed why it failed or not?)

EDIT: The best way would be if 5 people came out and said they are ready and we'd all vote them, that is if we get 5(I'm ready to join for one)

I don't mind going either

Pros are:
  • if it works, the 5 people who were sent are cleaned
  • assuming that the 5 volunteers are villagers, the mafias have to sacrifice their actions
  • it stops the mafias from doing it
Cons are:
  • 5 players have to idle and it's not very probable that it will work
  • it's probably safer to wait until we are more united as we don't know who is suited for the job and who needs the Aegis, and until then it's probable it will fail
if you can think of anything else feel free to comment

However, mafia could sacrifice one of their most useless roles in exchange for four of our random roles. Is that a sacrifice you are willing to make?
If a bunch of people are nominating one person then it's pretty obvious they are working together.... I don't think we should go now (I was the 3rd vote go look), I was merely saying that mafias being able to vote themselves into the Roshan would tip their hand and we'd be able to outnumber them with No go's or lists that don't include that person. Plus we'd have a pretty nice target.

LightWolf

lightwoof
I don't get why all of you are blindly voting for leaving him alone, letting a mafia get it would be bad for us, and if we get 5 people for it at least 3 mafs may idle to try to stop us as they don't want a BPV item that can't be stolen on one of 5 clean people. Also even if a mafia get's in the group we can sue this as base fo later slowly weeding out the clean people.

This whole thing is basically an inspection of 5 people that fails if one mafia is there, it is worth a try so yes if 3 people who think they can idle may step up please. Even the cons can be used as pros later in game, at the very least it's a better choice than letting the mafia get a BPV and Lynch proof(one mafia may even let the other get it as it's gone for sure at the time when they have to fight each other, either used up or Roshan get's revived)

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Lightwolf, letting a mafia get the Aegis would be bad, but there are two things that could go wrong if we try to attack Roshan.

1. Our attack could fail because we send a mafia in our group.
2. Our attack could fail because a mafia sent a group of three.

You also have to take into account that both mafias may go after Roshan and cancel each other out. I would rather not risk what is essentially hooking a high amount of villagers just to chance that we send the correct five. It doesn't seem like many people want to go anyways, so it may just be better off if we all use our night actions to try to do something productive.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Well now that b_l has answered my question it seems really better to leave the guy alone.

Also zorbees, if b_l hadn't said no then your points would be actually pros since we'd either stop the mafia from getting it, or be told if a group of 5 has a mafia within them or not(like the party guy role just all get hooked), but yeah now it's not worth it. Though it would be nice to force the mafia to hook 3 of them to, but now they can join the attack without a real risk...

Better left for later I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)