Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I really, really, REALLY hate is that. When someone DCs on me, sometimes I need to wait several minutes, and extra long time to find a new match up. (Who will most likely DC on me again)

But when I win/lose and no one DCs, it is rather fast to find a new match up for the second game.

Is this some sort of punishment? That they player who DC has to wait longer to find a new game?
Because if it is, then it is totally unfair. Cause the person who get DC ON also has to wait. -.-

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The brilliant part of this game is that no matter how many wins (1884!) you can brag about, a stone edge still has that innaccuracy, and if he were man enough to admit that he should at least accept that risk as part of the game, or go for something much safer like ancient power :p

I just had someone disconnect on the first turn after one of their pokes got parahaxed and the other wasted its turn because of Protect. Incidentally, we were both using Glare-spammer Serperior. Couldn't take their own medicine?

I wish on the rated there was listed number of DCs. Also why wasn't there "accept/reject challenger" option at the very least?

Who ever has played Megaman Starforce 3 on wi-fi should know what I'm talking about.

I wish on the rated there was listed number of DCs. Also why wasn't there "accept/reject challenger" option at the very least?

Who ever has played Megaman Starforce 3 on wi-fi should know what I'm talking about.
I want that "accept/decline" kind of thing for GTS Negotiations so I wouldn't have to wait until a trade starts so I can leave the trade if it's an English-game player (they never have anything good, and all of their greetings are like "I want a LUGIA!" and stupid things like that).. but for Random Matchup, it wouldn't work - nobody with a lot of wins would ever be able to find a battle, because the good players and players with low win-count would only battle other players without many wins, and they'd decline all of the high-winning player's "challenges".

Nyah, whenever I come across an American on the GTS, I always exit the second it begins. Americans cannot play Pokemon -_-

Random Matchup, it wouldn't work - nobody with a lot of wins would ever be able to find a battle, because the good players and players with low win-count would only battle other players without many wins, and they'd decline all of the high-winning player's "challenges".
I'm talking about rated match-ups.

To add on to I was saying, add number of losses. Maybe that will encourage the weaklings to battle. Lol. (Not the same game, but on MSF3, a lot of people often battle once, then either keep trying or reject another battle, despite of 300 wins, 50 losses on opponent's record for example.)

I made it in to the top 100 as well and submitted a ticket to support but all they can come back with is,

"Hello James!

Thank you for contacting Pokemon customer Support!

We see you are experiencing an issue with your Global Battle Union Trophies not updating. We will be forwarding this to the appropriate personnel for review. Thank you for playing Pokemon!

Sincerely,
The Pokemon Support Team! "
I submitted a ticket too and got the same response back! :mad:

I'm talking about rated match-ups.

To add on to I was saying, add number of losses. Maybe that will encourage the weaklings to battle. Lol. (Not the same game, but on MSF3, a lot of people often battle once, then either keep trying or reject another battle, despite of 300 wins, 50 losses on opponent's record for example.)
The main reason why people disconnect is to keep losses off of their trainer card, which only they can see. Allowing other people to see one's loss-count pretty much means there will be a huge increase in disconnectors.

The main reason why people disconnect is to keep losses off of their trainer card, which only they can see. Allowing other people to see one's loss-count pretty much means there will be a huge increase in disconnectors.
Ah, you make a very good point, Virizion.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Is it jus me, bt 2/5 of my matches sum1 d/c before the match begins like i send out my mons n boom d/c.

I agree there should be a accept/decline option like in yugioh wc games. Also on note in yugioh wc games when you d/c you lose 100-250 pts each d/c. I would have loved dat feature in GBU.

I've noticed (and I'm sure that lots of other people have too) that American players disconnect about half the time when they lose. I don't believe I've EVER been disconnected by a Japanese/European player.

If I get major crit/para/freeze hax of death, I don't disconnect. I forfeit if I think I have no chance of winning, but I usually just stick it out.

One thing that I especially hate is when someone disconnects after their last poke is down, but before the server receives the win/loss information. You see the "WIN!" screen, then you see a "Connection lost" screen.

Yeah, I forget unlike other games, people take one lose in Pokemon as the end of the world.

Is it jus me, bt 2/5 of my matches sum1 d/c before the match begins like i send out my mons n boom d/c.

I agree there should be a accept/decline option like in yugioh wc games. Also on note in yugioh wc games when you d/c you lose 100-250 pts each d/c. I would have loved dat feature in GBU.
That would be another (similar) good option. DCing would cost more deducted points from rated battles than losing maybe?

It's ironic how Pokemon is one of the top popular games that get the worst type of online experience when battling randomly imo. (YGO and MSF does better when handling DCs? Seriously? lol)

I nearly always met people who D/C in Triple, Launcher and Doubles.
It is very annoying if they D/C after about more than 10 mins play.

I had a little go on Free last night, as nothing was coming up in Ranked - and was quite surprised when someone with 2400 wins rage quit on me. What was the point? There are no ranking points at stake... oh well.

I had a little go on Free last night, as nothing was coming up in Ranked - and was quite surprised when someone with 2400 wins rage quit on me. What was the point? There are no ranking points at stake... oh well.
I've been doing Free lately too, expecting that there would be less motivation for people to quit.

Mistaken. XI

@Lord Dakoth: Japanese players disconnect on me too, just a bit less frequently than Americans. Different experiences I guess.

This has been mentioned before, but Pokemon Battle Revolution had far less people disconnecting because that game didn't track wins and losses at all. People really do hate seeing their loss count go up, even if it means nothing and only they can see it.

Japanese DC a lot even in Free mode, what's wrong! A person with more than 600 wins DC on me...... I thought there should be less DC on free mode.

BTW, how do someone got 1900+? His opponent never DC?

Japanese with 500+ wins always DC against me when I am about to win this day on Free single.

I personally cut when I see allowed legendary like latias, ladorosu... or shiny pokemon
I like legit playing so I don't want to bother with fake pokemon (of course you cannot know for sure but legendary shiny are quite obvious...)

I personally cut when I see allowed legendary like latias, ladorosu... or shiny pokemon
I like legit playing so I don't want to bother with fake pokemon (of course you cannot know for sure but legendary shiny are quite obvious...)
RNG'ing is perfectly possible. And you D/C when you see a Regirock or Articuno?

It is actually quite easy to get shiny pokemon with RNGing, unless you don't consider that legit or ethical. I don't see why you'd disconnect on people just for having "too good" Pokemon though; if you don't like the GBU's ruleset, play on Pokemon Online, but don't take away someone's victory because of personal rules.

EDIT: Ninja'd, I guess that's what happens when I don't F5 enough.

I don't feel like taking someone's victory since I cut from start. I think we should have the possibility to accept or refuse a fight tbh.
I like my team. It's definitely not the strongest but for me it's important to have pokemon I like and I find cool in terms of movepool and design more than raw power. So why would I start a fight I know will not be interesting and impossible for me to win?
And then it's maybe only me who have something against shiny but when a fight start and I see 2 Pokemon (I only play double) who are shiny, I am sorry but I feel the urge to stop the fight there.
Overall I don't cut often, and I feel like we don't cut much in Japan. But whenever I fight with americans and am about to win, it's really 50/50 I will get cut
I HATE people cutting at the last poke or because they fell asleep...

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
well you never know how a battle will turn out till it begins. I also hate wen ppl d/c wen there about to lose. ( who doesn't). But still d/c'ing at beginning to me is jus rage inducing to me. i admit i rarely rage quit, bt wen i do its becuz im tired of facing ez wins only 2 gt d/c'd like 5x in a row. which causes me 2 ragequit wen i finally gt a lost. but thats all out of frustration.

Does any1 else have moments of rage like this?

I've never had a Japanese player NOT DC against me when they're about to lose. This has happened maybe 5 or 6 times. So I don't know what this is about American players DCing more than other people. I have a few wins so someone must have played to the end.

I've noticed DCing has decreased, but it's still there. I hate whne someone has 100+ wins and they DC, you would of thought they've proven they're pretty good by now.

Having said that, I've DCed a few times because of bad internet connection, but hopefully whoever I was up against would see that it still could have gone either way and I wasn't ragequitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)