Ditto

Very gimmicky on paper. The ability has Trace priority, so once you switched in on, say a Gyarados that is about to DD, you will transform before Gyarados ever DD's. Iunno. Looks.... Gimmicky, but OU viable for sure.

Competitively, Ditto will be about as useful as it has been in the past 4 generations. However, it is now the easiest Pokemon to train. Catch it. Fully Trained. No RNG abuse or EV training needed :)
Have you read any of the past 4 pages? If Ditto doesn't become OU its because he's determined to be to centralizing and sent to Ubers. The ability to completely suppress any form of setup is unbelievable. With a Scarf Ditto on your team you will never lose to SD Garchomp, Dragon Dance Salamence or any other random sweeper. In fact, Ditto is capable of stealing those boosts just by switching in, then sweeping. Ditto's sheer power is incredible.

He needs to be EV trained in HP. Its true though, no other stat really matters.

Just noticed something, Ditto with 252 HP has 300 Health. Lucario with the standard 4 HP has 282. So if you come in on a SD Lucario, not only are you stealing his boosts and topping his speed, you are also adding 18 health.

That would be Trolling at its finest and could be OU-material against all pokemons who uses stat-boosting to set up.
:naughty:

Years later the purple blob slayed uncountable beasts of immense power, and took its rightful place as the King.

Just noticed something, Ditto with 252 HP has 300 Health. Lucario with the standard 4 HP has 282. So if you come in on a SD Lucario, not only are you stealing his boosts and topping his speed, you are also adding 18 health.
mfw when enemy Shedinja.

I once used this as a gimmick in 2on2: Shedinja plus Transform Smeargle. Fun times. =)

EDIT: Corrected German name out. lol

Well ditto can't counter all pokemon who set up stat boosts, only pure offense boosters and pure defense ones (by switching in and back out, he has essentially infinite pp, allowing him to outstall anything using cosmicpower/stockpile). He's not beating bulky set uppers with good hp who use cm, curse, or bulk up, like crocune or curselax.

mfw when enemy Shedinja.

I once used this as a gimmick in 2on2: Shedinja plus Transform Farbeagle. Fun times. =)
If we thought Shedinja was NU before, this just sealed the deal. I was hoping to get some use out of him with the mass of Sun/Rain/Haze.

Well ditto can't counter all pokemon who set up stat boosts, only pure offense boosters and pure defense ones (by switching in and back out, he has essentially infinite pp, allowing him to outstall anything using cosmicpower/stockpile). He's not beating bulky set uppers with good hp who use cm, curse, or bulk up, like crocune or curselax.
Yeah, instead he wrecks 95% of sweepers while still being useful against stall by stealing their Spikes and recovery.

Things Ditto Hates:
Roar/Whirlwind
Status
Unbreedable Pokemon

I could see Ditto be in it's own Little Tier (LOL: it's already in it's own egg group). Since Ditto is only as good as the Pokemon it switched into, theoretically it could be in any tier competing. There's only one more thing that it would hate and that's some sort of attack that hits before it's ability activates on the switch that also cancels its ability. If such a thing were to exist (like a modified Pursuit) Ditto would be forced to come in only as a revenge killer.

If it were an entry hazard that had such an effect, Rapid Spin support would be more necessary then ever.

I think what definitely would've made Ditto OU viable would be if it transformed into the opponent's Pokemon BEFORE coming out of the Pokeball. Then the opponent wouldn't immediately know that it is even a Ditto.

I think what definitely would've made Ditto OU viable would be if it transformed into the opponent's Pokemon BEFORE coming out of the Pokeball. Then the opponent wouldn't immediately know that it is even a Ditto.
I thought that was the premise behind Zoroark? (albeit modified)

Dittooooooooo oh snapz lol.

Just a random thought..I don't know if it was tested or if it even matters, but..can Gastro Acid un-transform Ditto since it's transforming through an ability now?

Lead Ditto. Who needs a Stealthrocker, use their Lead against them and keep a phenomenal revenge killer. Ditto is gonna be huge.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Dittooooooooo oh snapz lol.

Just a random thought..I don't know if it was tested or if it even matters, but..can Gastro Acid un-transform Ditto since it's transforming through an ability now?
no because you would transform before gastro acid would hit you(if it really got trace like priority) and therefore only lose your new ability you got through transforming.

Some questions of myself is it confirmed that you can/will transform everytime ditto hits the field or will you be the pokemon you transformed into till the battle ends, highly doubt its the former since that would make him maybe even uberworthy.

Lol. Wow, I don't care if it makes it competitive or not. I am so using it just so I can get a really good laugh in when a ditto actually beats an opponent's hard worked pokemon. Choice Scarf ditto can come in, hit em, switch out, come back in on a different poke, rinse and repeat.

Hilarious.

Lol. Wow, I don't care if it makes it competitive or not. I am so using it just so I can get a really good laugh in when a ditto actually beats an opponent's hard worked pokemon. Choice Scarf ditto can come in, hit em, switch out, come back in on a different poke, rinse and repeat.

Hilarious.
Ghosts and Dragons are going to HATE eccentric ditto: in order to use their STAB attacks they have to risk Ditto kicking their @$$.

no because you would transform before gastro acid would hit you(if it really got trace like priority) and therefore only lose your new ability you got through transforming.

Some questions of myself is it confirmed that you can/will transform everytime ditto hits the field or will you be the pokemon you transformed into till the battle ends, highly doubt its the former since that would make him maybe even uberworthy.
Wouldn't be very eccentric if he kept the form.

Besides, battle effects other than major statuses never work that way, unless I'm forgetting something.

mfw when enemy Shedinja.

I once used this as a gimmick in 2on2: Shedinja plus Transform Smeargle. Fun times. =)

EDIT: Corrected German name out. lol
I don't think that will work because you're going to have to use Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch to KO the opponent's Shedinja and then, assuming you're running Choice Scarf, you're stuck with that move and a lot of Pokemon can either set up on you or take your attacks until you Struggle yourself to death. Tracing Wonderguard works a whole lot better.

Things Ditto Hates:
Roar/Whirlwind
Status
Unbreedable Pokemon

I could see Ditto be in it's own Little Tier (LOL: it's already in it's own egg group). Since Ditto is only as good as the Pokemon it switched into, theoretically it could be in any tier competing. There's only one more thing that it would hate and that's some sort of attack that hits before it's ability activates on the switch that also cancels its ability. If such a thing were to exist (like a modified Pursuit) Ditto would be forced to come in only as a revenge killer.

If it were an entry hazard that had such an effect, Rapid Spin support would be more necessary then ever.
That's already what people are speculating he will be: one of the best revenge killers. He's not going to be coming in and taking a hit from a +6 Garchomp, no, he'll come in after you sack a guy, steal your boosts and outspeed and kill your +6 Garchomp.

Hmm what if Ditto transforms when the opponent switches out, and Ditto's attack gets cancelled? It seems unlikely, but we won't know for sure, until all mechanics about the ability is figured out.

Hmm what if Ditto transforms when the opponent switches out, and Ditto's attack gets cancelled? It seems unlikely, but we won't know for sure, until all mechanics about the ability is figured out.
Probably not, since once it transforms, it should lose the ability.

It depends who switches first. If Ditto is switched in first it'll likely copy the pokemon that is now switching out.

If Ditto comes in second it'll likely take the form of the newly switched in Pokemon.

I for one am glad Ditto has improved.Though i am angry that Pidgeot wasn't so lucky.

If his new ability has a Trace priority, and it copies ability aswell, then Ditto truly becomes the Pokemon with the most potential so far.But those two things need to be true for this ability to be good.

Azure Demon

I've always loved ditto and I've actually used him during a few of my online wifi battles and now with the ability to automatically transform upon entrance and copy boost from an item like choice scarf and won't be bound by the same rules as a scarf user it gives him great versatility. He is so vicious already but now he is going to be so monstrous and on everyones team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)