Ditto

A problem I am seeing now is since the opponent can see your team before you face them they'd have to be an idiot or totally forgotten ditto to have set up to the higher levels. It's still useable though and definitly enough to scare baton pass teams imo

Edit: 400th post about ditto woo!
If they can. We still don't know for sure how the feature will be handled.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
If they can. We still don't know for sure how the feature will be handled.
Apparently, you don't see their team in Local Infa-Red battles, and since Shoddy simulates Local Battles, it shouldn't show their team.

What if you can trace eccentric? Maybe you could come back with an awesome counter for these dittos.
well...consider what you would be getting out of that in any case

Ditto vs porygon 2

say ditto gets the eccentric first. It turns into porygon 2 and porygon 2 traces trace so...that didn't end well

say porygon 2 gets to go first and traces eccentric well...now you're a ditto with just transform. It's a battle to see who wins by struggle or wins by switch out

Even if you could somehow copy the ditto after it transformed you'd be (guess what) porygon 2 with 5 pp in every slot so you're pretty much back where you started anyway.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I really like what they did with Ditto's new Dream World ability. They turned him from a useless pokemon with a strictly ingame use to a really good revenge killer, especially with a choice scarf. I anticipate to see him used in the battlefield.

I use choice scarf ditto and its awesome.
But what do you guys do with the IVs for Hidden Power?
I've been using HP Dragon, simply because if I'm going to be locked into one hidden power, i figure that Dragon is the best because it isn't resisted by much.

A friend and I were battling and he sent in his Ditto after my already transformed Ditto and we wasn't able to copy my Ditto. He tried using transform and that failed as well.

focus sash ditto leads would be a laugh, start the battle using your oppenents lead would be funny, even lefties would be of use, plus wouldnt you get the intimidate when you switch in on pokes like gyarados, if it copies all stats except hp i guess you can max out hp 252 , seems gimmicky but would be interesting late game

Why does everyone keep saying stupid things like "most sweepers carry moves that hit themselves super effectively"? That is definitely not true, and even if it is true, it doesn't mean a one hit kill. But without a Focus Sash this Ditto might not do too well against Dragon types if they decide to attack against Ditto's pitiful HP.

choice scarf ditto. Wow thats a really good idea.
Why isn't it a good idea?

I've been using scarf ditto to great effect. He's not just for revenge killing you know. I once switched my scarf ditto in on an enemy wall and started phazing the opposing team with my stealth rocks and and Dragon Tail. And another time I stole some wish support for one of my sweepers.

Ditto is one of the most versatile Pokemon out there if you know how to use it.

Why does everyone keep saying stupid things like "most sweepers carry moves that hit themselves super effectively"? That is definitely not true, and even if it is true, it doesn't mean a one hit kill. But without a Focus Sash this Ditto might not do too well against Dragon types if they decide to attack against Ditto's pitiful HP.
Every pseudo legendary does. Every dragon does. Also Lucario, Gengar, Doryuuzu, Heatran and Starmie do. I indeed would say that "most sweepers" do. And while not all of them can OHKO themselves (to be exact: Metagross and some Tyranitar from this list. But then again, Infernape can OHKO himself without any SE attack), even a 2HKO means that the non-Ditto user will have to switch out if Ditto comes in for a revenge kill.

sax king said:
I use choice scarf ditto and its awesome.
But what do you guys do with the IVs for Hidden Power?
I've been using HP Dragon, simply because if I'm going to be locked into one hidden power, i figure that Dragon is the best because it isn't resisted by much.
It was suggested ITT (and I agree) that HP Ground would be great. It makes you a perfect killer for Magnezone (and Jolteon to an extent).

Doesn't Transform (and thus Eccentric) copy the Pokemon's IVs for the purpose of Hidden Power? And doesn't it also copy the opponent's Ability? (If it doesn't, there's no way Ditto is going to beat Doryuuzu.)

I haven't seen Ditto too often, and when I do, it's not a huge problem. My team either resists or is immune to all of the types so Choice Pokemon in general aren't a huge problem. Also, the only set up sweepers I've used so far are CM Kerudio and SD Doryuuzu. Ditto has to use an attack that my team has an immunity to to be able to take them out. Also, I don't think using Ditto to spam your opponent's support moves is a good idea because it just becomes Shanderaa bait.

Can Ditto revenge the mole Pokemon?
Yes, quite well, actually, but it has to be scarfed. You also have to make sure the opponent doesn't have a balloon. But if you KO him with SE EQ, the opponent better have a ground resist or strong physical wall, because if not, it's pretty much gg.

Having used a ScarfDit on Gen5 Pokemon Online I can safely say that he... is...AWESOME!!
ScarfDit is not only a great revenge killer, but a great counter to all these new Mischievous Heart leads, and Zoroark. Send in Ditto as your lead and you will be able to taunt them before they can hit you with a taunt. If they are using Zoroark, you become a Zoroark and ruin their little trick. After you taunt their taunter, ScarfDit should switch out; having them know you have a Scarfdit will cause them to forgo any sort of set up because they know you will revenge-kill them as soon as you get that first KO and turn your potential sweep against you.

ScarfDit is not a joke pokemon, it is also not a one trick pony. ScarfDit is a very useful pokemon, if not one of the most useful. I foresee ScarfDit becoming one of the key players in todays OverUsed Meta-game. I also foresee people will stop running Outrage on Dragonite and Axeface because ScarfDit will 1shot them if they ave used a statboost.

ScarfDit isn't any ordinary pink blob of goo, its a game changer, and I love it.

Wow I mean just wow this ditto could be gamechanging! No-one will want to set up for fear of being swept by it, and outrage may become less common. Most sweepers will now need to be scarfed so ditto can't outspeed them.

I just tested eccentric Vs a Zoroark under an illusion and discovered something interesting. Both eccentric and transform fail against a disguised Zoroark To transform you first have to break the illusion first and even then your ditto will not be disguised.

I guess Illusion is activated before you send your Pokemon out. It does you no good to have it while you're already on the field.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Wow I mean just wow this ditto could be gamechanging! No-one will want to set up for fear of being swept by it, and outrage may become less common. Most sweepers will now need to be scarfed so ditto can't outspeed them.
Or just carry Wobbuffet or something else that can counter or revenge kill it (like Pokemon that can use priority attacks or Pursuit). Generally, Ditto should not be that much of a problem. After all, you know exactly what attacks Ditto has!

But yeah. Having at least one Scarf holder can make a world of difference in the late game.

Scarf Ditto is simply incredible. It was a 5 - 4 match, and I'd let his Blaziken get a swords dance up, and subsequently 2 speed boosts. Let him kill one of my pokes, build up some momentum. Switched Scarfed Ditto in, used Hi Jump Kick and proceeded to sweep the rest of his team, un-outspeedable due to the speed boost and scarf combo (apart from priority which the rest of his team didn't actually have)!

Absolutely wrecks stat-uppers. Seriously, if you can KO yourself you're pretty much screwed. It's also a great check to Erefuuns with taunt, as you will inevitably be faster than them and shut them down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)