Ditto

Is their an item that boosts speed that DOESN'T lock up move selection (that's not haxing like Quick Claw) and works after the transformation?

Ditto doesn't really need the entire increase in speed and prefers having move selection.
If the Swimming goggles exist, it's the only one I can think of, and of course, it too is unreliable. With Quick Claw, assuming both of you can OHKO your opponent with their own move, you have a 59.375% chance of winning, anyways (unless they can KO you with a priority move but you must use a regular move to KO them).

I'm not sure of it, but if eccentric works like intimidate as far as priority goes, so that during a double switch, if you switch first ditto may copy the opponent before it switches. Does eccentric work like this? Also, is the transformation hidden and it's like illusion where Ditto does the transformation inside the Pokeball, so if you coincidentally have the same pokemon as the opponent then you could play mind games with them, or does the opponent see the transformation?

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Baton Pass a Sub to a new Ditto...

good idea of bad idea?
Probably a bad idea. It could work in theory if the Substitute is bulky enough. That being said, Ditto will probably be forced out really quickly anyway. Besides, if you have a Pokemon on your team that can Pass a Sub, then it would be better to Pass to a Pokemon that can make full use of it, such as a setup sweeper.

If you are using Baton Pass for the sake of a safe switch, then switching to Ditto could be even better. If you happen to get a Sub up and you were planning on Passing it to a teammate, but your opponent switches in something dangerous, then switching to Ditto might be a good idea. I just wouldn't build a team making Passing a Sub to Ditto my main strategy. It could work as a back-up plan.

Edit: @Zeburaika: An item resembling Swimming Goggles is not known to exist, so it is very likely that it does not exist.

Well ditto is no longer outclassed by smeargle completely in this category (but smeargle can use other moves before it transforms.)

I confirmed that the transformation is shown. On a non-competitive note:
Apparently Transform also copies catch rate, something I learned the hard way, trying to catch a Ditto with my Metagross.
Metagross has a catch rate of 3. Mewtwo has a catch rate of 3. And I still caught it with just Ultra Balls.

EDIT:@Aqueos: A transforming Smeargle doesn't have as good of stats as Ditto with a powder, and Ditto gets a higher HP stat.

Ditto @ Quick Claw

hax items are lol

In all seriousness bluffing a choice scarf with a filler item would be a viable strat just because of his now-infinite versatility. I actually think though that using a Red Card would be a great surprise strategy with Ditto just because it would force out the opponent guaranteed (and quite a few setup threats can't KO themselves).

I guess Gen V ScarfDitto beats my Gen IV slow SubPass to ScarfDitto I used to use a while back. Hell, this thing is amazing now. I think I'll run lefties or expert belt just to fuck with people. I'll miss smogon making fun of ditto in the analysis though. I guess we still have Spinda. lol

Every pseudo legendary does. Every dragon does. Also Lucario, Gengar, Doryuuzu, Heatran and Starmie do. I indeed would say that "most sweepers" do. And while not all of them can OHKO themselves (to be exact: Metagross and some Tyranitar from this list. But then again, Infernape can OHKO himself without any SE attack), even a 2HKO means that the non-Ditto user will have to switch out if Ditto comes in for a revenge kill.
Last page but still I feel the need to retort. Not every Dragon type does, nor does every Ghost type, but obviously the vast majority of Dragon and Ghost types hit themselves super effectively because their main STAB is weak to itself. Going by Smogon sets, Metagross doesn't always use Earthquake, and Tyranitar doesn't always use Focus Punch, Superpower, Earthquake, or Aqua Tail. Some Heatran sets don't use Earth Power. Sometimes Dragonite doesn't carry a Dragon attack, the same goes for Rayquaza. Also, Dialga is often found without Earth Power, Aura Sphere, Brick Break or Earthquake. And on Pokémon like Starmie, Thunderbolt isn't so it can hit Starmie, but because it provides good coverage with Starmie's other moves.

In OU, sweepers use their STAB attack (and you're supposed to revenge sweepers). LO Starmie always has thunderbolt. Scarftran/LO tran/all other offensive heatran have Earth Power. RPGross always has EQ. Doryuuzu always has EQ (or if it doesn't, lol), Lucario always has a fighting move, etc, etc.

DDtar admittedly, doesn't always run EQ or Aqua Tail because of Scizor.

Point is, revenging is for offensive sets, and offensive sets generally have the coverage move to kill themselves, right?

If you run something like LO on ditto, that makes set up sweepers pretty damn risky, because if you lose the speed tie you have to be able to deal with your own sweeper.

ummm is it just me or does ditto now seem COMPLETELY broken and OP...i may just be me...kingdra comes in and does 3 dragon dances and a rain dance...ditto comes with choice scarf and sweeps opp with outrage XD

JUST ONE example

ummm is it just me or does ditto now seem COMPLETELY broken and OP...i may just be me...kingdra comes in and does 3 dragon dances and a rain dance...ditto comes with choice scarf and sweeps opp with outrage XD

JUST ONE example

No.... if I was using dragon dance and I notice my enemy just let me get off 3 dragon dances I would be a greedy foolish player. Especially now, when we get to see the enemy teams before the battle starts. I mean, if I KNOW he/she has a ditto, why the hell would I set up 3 dragon dances for them to take and sweep my team with?

Ditto isn't broken. But if we compare Eccentric Ditto to classic Ditto... hey, it seems much more broken than if Arceus were allowed in OU

It now has uses everywhere, in every tier with the same chance of success. Will Ditto have its own tier, much like it has 'its own Egg group'?

If you run something like LO on ditto, that makes set up sweepers pretty damn risky, because if you lose the speed tie you have to be able to deal with your own sweeper.
Ditto's speed and HP don't change when it transforms iirc, but Eccentric does copy stat boosts. The reason everyone's making a big deal about CS Ditto is that it can come in on, say, a +2/+2 DDMence, copy it's boosts, outspeed and start sweeping with Outrage (although you run the risk of their own CS Ditto stealing your boosts and speed tying). It's completely helpless against faster Scarfers though.

Ditto's HP doesn't change when it transforms iirc, but Eccentric does copy stat boosts. The reason everyone's making a big deal about CS Ditto is that it can come in on, say, a +2/+2 DDMence, copy it's boosts, outspeed and start sweeping with Outrage (although you run the risk of their own CS Ditto stealing your boosts and speed tying). It's 50% against Scarfers though.
Fixed. It does copy speed, just not the speed that an item (choice scarf) gives the opponent.

Weird, the data we have so far says that his Dream World ability is "Jack of All Trades", which boosts non-STAB attacks. I was wondering if Transform changed somehow so that Ditto retains his own ability. Eccentric makes much more sense, though, and it's exactly what I was hoping for.
that sounds SO sweet. if electivire got jack of all trades... oooh.

I actually like Ditto's new ability. Since Ditto is slow and frail, it doesn't have time to Transform into its opponent, unless it's holding a Choice Scarf. For instance, Ditto can switch into a Ghost Pokemon, then take advantage of that Pokemon's Shadow Ball to hit the opposing Pokemon for super effective damage.

Ditto isn't broken. But if we compare Eccentric Ditto to classic Ditto... hey, it seems much more broken than if Arceus were allowed in OU

It now has uses everywhere, in every tier with the same chance of success. Will Ditto have its own tier, much like it has 'its own Egg group'?
lol a team full of dittos :)...also even with two dragon dances you can sweep i thin its better than pokemon like salamence

i found a really good use for choice scarf ditto. you know how pokemon use trick to give you a scarf or specs you can switch into ditto and lock your opponent into trick and then when they switch you use trick and you got 2 of your opponent scarfed or spec'd.

I actually like Ditto's new ability. Since Ditto is slow and frail, it doesn't have time to Transform into its opponent, unless it's holding a Choice Scarf. For instance, Ditto can switch into a Ghost Pokemon, then take advantage of that Pokemon's Shadow Ball to hit the opposing Pokemon for super effective damage.
Good job, just now understanding what the entire thread is about.

Seriously though, welcome to the ditto party.

Don't be limited to just revenge killing ghosts and what not. Ditto can do whatever the enemy can, so you can utilize enemy supporting roles they try to pull off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)