Ditto

Iv's are set when they spawn so you can't soft reset for that, but you can soft reset for natures.

Typically I only go for adamant/Modest so I'm cool with that, and since I never use IR or WIFI to battle, I could care less about IV's.

But that's just me, I know that affects a lot of other people pretty badly. (Tournaments and stuff)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Entirely false, I and many others have RNG'd HH mons. The only things that are set when it spawns are species and gender.
I can back up this claim. I have attempted to soft reset for at least a Timid Vulpix at the Abundance Shrine Hollows, and none of the Vulpixes I have captured/encountered were female (which would have been better so I could breed for one rather than constantly soft reset). When I checked stats, however, I found that each Vulpix varied in nature and IVs, like a normal encounterable Pokemon. The only thing that's set is the gender. I have also tested this with Poliwhirl, Breloom, and Liepard with the same results.

Entirely false, I and many others have RNG'd HH mons. The only things that are set when it spawns are species and gender.
Not saying you are wrong, but do you have something beyond your words?

Everyone else has been saying the opposite up until these two posts, and I can't see it being very easy to not notice IV's changing.

Not saying you are wrong again, because I want you to be right, but is their other people who are saying the samething else where?

According to Serebii, only the content is set (item or Pokémon), but the Nature of a Pokémon is soft-resetable, and I think this applies to IVs too. I think that the info of the impossibility to RGN them is incorrect.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not saying you are wrong, but do you have something beyond your words?

Everyone else has been saying the opposite up until these two posts, and I can't see it being very easy to not notice IV's changing.

Not saying you are wrong again, because I want you to be right, but is their other people who are saying the samething else where?
http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1566162
Unless it just happened to have flawless IVs when it was generated earlier.

The only things that are set when it spawns are species and gender.
Oh craaaaaaaaaaaReally? That'll make getting the females a challenge. Also, someone needs to tell Serebii about this, as:

"Pokémon in the Hidden Hollow cannot be shiny and the contents are set when regenerated, they cannot be soft reset. Natures of the Pokémon, however, are soft-resetable"

...seems to be implying IV's can't be soft reset for either.

Oh craaaaaaaaaaaReally? That'll make getting the females a challenge. Also, someone needs to tell Serebii about this, as:

"Pokémon in the Hidden Hollow cannot be shiny and the contents are set when regenerated, they cannot be soft reset. Natures of the Pokémon, however, are soft-resetable"

...seems to be implying IV's can't be soft reset for either.
If you can SR for an alternate nature, then the same could be done for IVs, n'est pas?

I beleive Joe was simply saying that you can't reset for a different creature, or for a shiny. The shiny part is entirely understandable, it falls in line with the conventions already established by the Dream World.

As for another Pokemon, I'm assuming the game generates one on the overworld when you enter the Hollow, and then entering into battle with it determines its finer features.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mario With Lasers linked to the relevant research thread post, and I posted proof that it's been done. Serebii either is mistaken or worded it poorly.

That's a relief. Means I only ever need one Ditto. One thing that wasn't mentioned was Synchronize natures. Then again, that probably works.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
You can just run Ditto with IVs to give it HP Fire or HP Ice, generally one or the other will come in handy when you copy a Hidden Power mon.

You can just run Ditto with IVs to give it HP Fire or HP Ice, generally one or the other will come in handy when you copy a Hidden Power mon.
This is true.
At least we will always know what our hidden power is and not have to guess what the opponent is using if for some reason they are using some oddball HP type
Though I guess this means I'll have to pokesav more than one ditto... ah well.

Right now, if one Pokemon has frustrated me to no end, it's Ditto. Not that it's broken really, but a smart player can really hurt you depending on your team choice. I fought a stall team recently that gave me headaches by using Ditto to turn into my Hippowdon for Stealth Rock, my Skarmory for Spikes, my Starmie to Rapid Spin, and then constantly coming in to heal and wall things. I don't want to say it's better against stall than it is offense but I've seen complaints that "Ditto's only good for set-up teams" and that is definitely not the case. Really good utility Pokemon all around, I think more people should give it a try.

I've used Ditto in a UU team for awhile now...it helps sooo much ._. The only real problem I have sometimes are calm minders and bulk up users but zoroark and mienshao can usually handle those :/

Isn't it sort of drawback though if you're opponent knows all of you're moves coming in?
Well, you know all of their moves too. Moreover, just because they know which moves you're carrying doesn't mean they know which moves you'll use.

Regarding hold items, if a ditto were to hold an eviolite and switched in against, say, chansey, would it gain a defense boost? I doubt it's a very practical strategy, I'm just curious.

Imposter copies the opposing Pokemon's stats directly. This is why Ditto can outspeed a +6 Swift Swim Deoxys-S in the rain when it has Tailwind, because your opponent is carrying a Life Orb while you're carrying a Choice Scarf. You would already copy Chansey's boosted defenses, and the Eviolite would do nothing because you are not a(n) NFE Pokemon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Imposter copies the opposing Pokemon's stats directly. This is why Ditto can outspeed a +6 Swift Swim Deoxys-S in the rain when it has Tailwind, because your opponent is carrying a Life Orb while you're carrying a Choice Scarf. You would already copy Chansey's boosted defenses, and the Eviolite would do nothing because you are not a(n) NFE Pokemon.
This is not true.

Ditto copies stats, abilities, and boosts, exclusively. For your Deoxys example, Ditto would actually get outsped. +6 and Swift Swim would be copied over, but Tailwind is a passive boost. It doesn't actually boost your stat an extra +2. Said Deoxys would have those speed boosts, and then Tailwind stacked on top of it (x2 speed), while Ditto would have those speed boosts and Choice scarf stacked on top of it (x1.5 speed).

You do not copy the boosts from Eviolite, as they don't give you actual boosts. You do not copy the power boost from Choice Band/Specs, as it does not apply a direct boost. You speed tie with other Choice Scarfers, as they don't get a direct boost. You do not copy item boosts with Ditto unless it's a real boost, like Pinch berries. You do not copy team effect boosts (Tailwind, Screens).

I've actually been finding Choice Scarfed Ditto kind of underwhelming... For example, if you pit two Tornadus-Ts against each other, I find the Ditto always goes for Hurricane because they think that they can sweep your team for some reason. Usually, my Tornadus takes the hit, then one or two hit kos with its own Hurricane or Hidden Power Ice, which Ditto didn't have the ivs for.

I've actually been finding Choice Scarfed Ditto kind of underwhelming... For example, if you pit two Tornadus-Ts against each other, I find the Ditto always goes for Hurricane because they think that they can sweep your team for some reason. Usually, my Tornadus takes the hit, then one or two hit kos with its own Hurricane or Hidden Power Ice, which Ditto didn't have the ivs for.
Ditto can manipulate its IVs to get whichever Hidden Power it wants, and Ice seems like one of the best choices. If people aren't going for Ice and are expecting it to take on Tornadus, that's their own mistake and not a flaw with Ditto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)