DM's Hokey Karaoke! (ROUND TWO)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
AT LONG LAST!!!

I want to apologize to everyone that this took so long. I was all ready and set to post the second round last Thursday, but SOMEBODY (cough*Nintendo*cough) decided it would be a good idea to release some new games or something, which totally bogged down the forums and made it virtually impossible for me to log in and get anything accomplished. Add to that the fact that I was gone this weekend and Monday-Wednesday are stupid busy for me at school, and that's why this is finally being posted.

ANYHOW... Welcome to Round Two! And now, I present to you all the 16 second round contestants (in no particular order):

OmegaDonut
vonFiedler
Johann
pookar
badalcristiano
andrea
makiri
Ninahaza
Fatecrashers
Bucky
daquiri
Kinneas
LinIsKorean
Dromiceiomimus
Steeler
Articuno64

I won't divulge any rankings, but I will say this: both Ninahaza and Articuno narrowly carried their respective groups.

To those that didn't make it to this round:

Atlas
Alchemator
KnightoftheWind
~NJ
Hipmonlee
coolking49
KingEmpoleon
Thunda
6A9 Ace Matador
Da Letter El
Rodan

I want to thank you all for participating and giving it your all, and making the first round a very enjoyable one for everyone involved! I expect to see each of you in future karaoke tourneys.

SO... without further ado, here is the next round's genre:

TV SHOW THEME SONGS

This is pretty simple, so I'm sure you all can figure it out! If you have any questions, post them here and I'll answer them as soon as I can. Otherwise... get to work! You have until October 1st (meaning, have your submissions in to me by 11:59pm next Thursday).

GET GOING!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I almost forgot!

<@atlas> ill prolly do an entry anyways
<RODAN> im doing a guest version of full house theme
<&DM> please do!
<&DM> if one of the 16 don't record, I will plug in 1st rounders

If any of the 16 don't get their entries finished, you first-rounders still have a chance to be re-entered! Don't feel like it's over yet.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pretty sure Ace Matador got shafted by getting his submission in after most people already voted, so they couldn't re-vote for him. Hope he submits a guest song though!

Anyway, dibs on Garfield and Friends. Scratch that, I'm doing the theme to Darkwing Duck. And all the Ducks here should collab on the theme to DuckTales, and YES I KNOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A COMPETITION I DON'T CARE.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Believe me when I say I am hard up for ideas here. So I may end up doing either Tell Me Why (Berserk) or the English version of Trust You Forever (G Gundam).

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Ace did not get shafted at all. He was hurt in the community voting, yes, but the judges docked him for not performing an R&B song within the specified genre. Them's the breaks!

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dedication

I am going to dedicate this round to the great people i met at this years pokemon worlds [especially the spanish guys and the guys from UK, go KINNAHAZA]

because of the dedication above my song has to be from pokemon or pokemon related soooooooo i choose
-Pokemon Master Quest Opening - Believe in Me

PS: i cant find the karaoke track anywhere so there is a chance i will pick another pokemon song from the many many seasons/opening themes. next in line would most likely be Pokemon Johto Journeys[seeing as this years worlds theme was from the jhoto region i will stay in that circle of songs]

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am going to dedicate this round to the great people i met at this years pokemon worlds [especially the spanish guys and the guys from UK, go KINNAHAZA]

because of the dedication above my song has to be from pokemon or pokemon related soooooooo i choose
-Pokemon Master Quest Opening - Believe in Me

PS: i cant find the karaoke track anywhere so there is a chance i will pick another pokemon song from the many many seasons/opening themes. next in line would most likely be Pokemon Johto Journeys[seeing as this years worlds theme was from the jhoto region i will stay in that circle of songs]
If you can find a MIDI file of the track I might try and make a karaoke version, I have a sizable collection of virtual instruments to work with.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you can find a MIDI file of the track I might try and make a karaoke version, I have a sizable collection of virtual instruments to work with.
thanks Mike :), if i cant find it you will be my only hope haha.

ALSO BTW EVERYONE- for those who just cannot think of that awesome or classic theme, here is a vid that covers some great/funny and legendary themes. it just may help you come up with your song/guest sub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOfR7IzKANw

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Lol i didn't think i'd move on, submitting late and trying to sing high notes and all. But it was fun! Good luck to other people who aren't me. I probably won't do a guest submission, but we'll see

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
My girlfriend says do the opening to Berserk instead. Forces, it's called.

"it's a much better song", she says.
Forces isn't the opening. Tell Me Why is. Forces is the bridge. Forces is also all in Japanese. And I'm not saying that wouldn't be doable, but I'm not gonna get overambitious in the TV Theme Song category.

EDIT:
Also, of all the songs I'd like to sing, The Impossible Dreams tops all of them. Just sayin...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)