Do you even cook anything yourself

I live on campus and my school's dining isn't ranked number 3 in the nation for no reason, so I almost always eat in the dining halls.

I will say their Oriental food sucks pretty hard, though, so sometimes I'll make my own noodle soup (as in I cook it myself, not instant ramen packets), rice balls, or stir fry. I like cooking in general, though, and I wish I had more time for it. :(

I live in an apartment, so I try to cook every now and then.
I tend to cook breakfast for myself. Eggs, pancakes, etc.
I do cook dinner for myself and/or my suite mates on occasion.

I cook whenever I can, but I do end up eating a lot of processed packaged crap. It's just cheaper, which is a big draw for us poor people, even if the food in question isn't at all good for you.

When I do cook, though, it's one of the few things I get genuinely anal about. If I've got a recipie, getting me to deviate from it requires a crowbar, the Jaws of Life, and a lax attitude towards personal safety.

I cook your basic stuff, all simple breakfast foods, pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs, etc. I make some bitching Penne with Vodka sauce, it just rocks, and a whole lot of other pasta dishes. I also perfected my cookie recipe so they are almost exactly like levain cookies, so good.

So yeah if you want breakfast, pasta, or some good cookies, I got it covered.

Im actually learning how to smoke foods.

In the event of a crisis, learning how to brine and smoke foods can save your life, and possibly humanity.

I can cook "ok".

Non tl:dr version..

I can cook (and toy with the recipe of) a few things (like Pasta Sauces, baked Potato variations, relatively simple things) without any trouble/disasters, and can handle most things that I have instructions for (delicate things are not my strong suit while I'm standing up).

I like to eat healthy food, and the only way to really do that around where I am is to cook for yourself, that said I tend to get lazy and order a pizza every couple of weeks, but I enjoy that so eh.

I actually do cook for myself, my friends, and my family, as I want to become a Dietician or a Nutritionist. I'm going to college for it next year. My most recent fixing of food was for Christmas Breakfast (Banana Stuffed French Toast)

Cooking is fun! Anyone who's got a vaguely creative streak can get into cooking in a big way.

Going to uni definitely helped as then I had to be self sufficient and thusly experimented with my cooking quite alot.

Only trouble is I'm always looking for new things to make as I get bored with the same old roster.

I had fun cooking for the family over christmas - relatives came so there were 8 people to cook for.

I made sushi at christmas too which turned out pretty well :-P

Has anyone else had much experience of cooking for lots of people at dinner parties or christmas or other events? And if so what dish(es) can you cook really well?

Back