Do you Prefer Smogon or Serebii?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering it was plastered ALL OVER the pages for the on-site Java chat and in the topic for #spp-wifi, "don't talk about event mons, this channel is for seeking trades and battles only not chatting/questions," that's more your fault for having an inability to read. Wi-Fi was never the place to ask for info, that was #spp (but iirc mentioning the event mons may have gotten you banned there too until it was revealed). It wasn't a perm ban either, most of those scripts were timers and the list was wiped fairly regularly sans people they legitimately hated.

Their scripts and systems were very strict for #spp-wifi but at one time it was very useful for finding mons to trade.. They made it very obvious what you could and couldn't do too. Just read.
It wasn't in the wi-fi chat, I forgot they had two and got them confused. But yes I'm aware it was my fault. This post came off as really bitchy to me so I'm not sure if that was your intention. I wasn't saying anything negative about the site, I was just describing the 5 second experience I had with it.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Smogon: Socializing, anything competitive.

Serebii: News, occasional Pokemon of the Week article that I read for reasons unknown

PokeBeach: leaks

PokeCommunity: ROM Hacks

I really only visit Serebii when new games are due out. That's about the extent of it. Navigating their forums is like wading through landmines.

I don't use SPP for anything. The site is really ugly, difficult to navigate and read, and outdated. There is no excuse for the site looking like and being organised like an Angelfire site from the '90s ... in 2013. From experience as an ex-moderator and operator there the forums are pretty bad too. For ingame data Bulbapedia is cleaner and easier to use, and Veekun/UPC are more accurate for mechanics etc. News gets crossposted everywhere anyways, e.g. PokéBeach and BulbaNews (both of which are at least a little easier on the eyes). It does have a good collection of random ingame stuff that other sites don't but that information is easily found on other sites and in walkthroughs.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
0 SpA Celebi (Serebii) Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Koffing: 61-72 (21.47 - 25.35%) -- possible 5HKO

4 SpA Koffing (Smogon) Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Celebi: 96-114 (23.76 - 28.21%) -- possible 5HKO

ultimately both kind of suck if it's only a 5HKO
It's ok skylight, here, 1/10 for trying. Now don't try it again.

The site is really ugly, difficult to navigate and read, and outdated. There is no excuse for the site looking like and being organised like an Angelfire site from the '90s ... in 2013.
I just legit lol'd.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
I would like Smogon more if I could do my Pokemon OC Roleplay

Jeremiah, a young Octillery with a scar under his left eye and hook in his tentacle, nods in agreement, a single tear running down his red, bruised cheek.

Chinchou

Banned deucer.
lol, I can't stand the mods. I once told Kreis to fuck himself lol, I was soooo angry at him. I just posted an RMT, full one too, and apperently I can't use Slaking in Ubers, and so I argued that it is usable even though Kreis thinks not, which resulted in a week ban -____- my fault for telling him to fuck himself but still.

Like this:

> Posts Slaking
> Kreis disagress with Slaking
> Argue with Kreis about Slaking
> Tell Kreis to fuck himself
> get banned for a week.

and R_N, can't STAND him at all.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IMO the "Spam" button at the bottom of posts should be a tool to automatically spam that user rather than report them for doing so. That's what the "Report" button is for anyway!

I hate smogon's elitism and over moderation, but I hate it less than other Pokemon sites that are active, not to mention other Pokemon sites are pretty much retarded.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Any particular reason so many people are coming here to post about how bad the site is? It's like receiving awful service and food at a restaurant, then continuing to patronize that restaurant so you can show your friends how bad the service and food are...

Honestly I feel like this site is a lot easier to use and I like the moderation system better. That's just what I think though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)