DP Research Thread #2 ("New")

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe focus energy (+2), cross chop (+1), and scope lens (+1) should give you 50% critical hits, though I don't know if any major tests have been done with those.

It'd be easy with a machop/machoke/machamp.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
More Critical Hits testing:

First of all, Focus Energy is actually even more improved than we initially thought. In addition to becoming a +2 to the CH domain instead of a +1, your CH domain stays that way until you switch out or you faint. Also, Focus Energy fails if you have already used it previously. This makes Focus Energy a rather decent move, especially with Scope Lens/Razor Claw and/or Super Luck or Sniper. We're now considering testing whether Focus Energy can be Baton Passed.

Razor Claw: Another 16 CHs out of 128 hits were registered, which brings us to 38 CHs out of 336 hits, or 11.31% chance of a CH. This confirms that Razor Claw and Scope Lens have the same effect.

Focus Energy + moves: In addition to the 26% that was reported previously (for Focus Energy + Bubblebeam), I got another 9/50 for Focus Energy + Lock-on + Bubblebeam, and Peterko got 66/256 more for Focus Energy + False Swipe repeatedly, giving us a total of 101/406 and an overall percentage of 24.88%.

Focus Energy + Scope Lens: Peterko got 97 CHs out of 256 hits, or 37.89%.

Blizzard said:
It'd be easy with a machop/machoke/machamp.
If it's so easy, then how about you test this yourself? ;)

Because I'm lazy, and programming! I find it easier to run my mouth. ;)

And I was under the impression that focus energy could certainly be baton passed.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
how can i get both cross chop and ice punch onto my elekid? can i first put ice punch onto a male medicham, breed it with a female electabuzz, and then get an elekid with ice punch...and then raise that to an electabuzz and breed that with a male electabuzz that knows cross chop? thanks
This is NOT the thread for mundane question asking. Take this to the "Ask a simple question" thread.

I've been spending several hours while doing other stuff trying to test critical hits with one of my trusty (3-4 boxes full or so?) machops.

Machop@Scope Lens, using Focus Energy, then Karate Chop.

I was only half paying attention sometimes so I missed like 12-15 or more of the karate chop results, so I just didn't count those times.

Of those I DID count, I ended up with 70/128 critical hits so far, or about 55%.

At the start, I was almost exactly 50%, but when I got up to 100, I was at 59/100 critical hits.

So like...should I do another 128? (yikes :p) Anyone got any ideas?

And it makes me wonder, what about focus energy + super luck + scope lens + high crit moves? Would it be even higher?

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well that kind of proves the 50% thing I suppose. Thanks.

About Focus Energy + Super Luck + Scope Lens + High CH moves, we don't know what happens in DP. In ADV, 50% CH rate was the highest one could go; if you exceeded Domain 4, it stayed at 4. Of course, we have no proof that happens in DP as well.

I think it's nigh time to test Stick and Lucky Punch too.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you can add 90/160 = 56.25% to the results

2 machokes lv.35 in one 2vs2 battle, focus energy and scope lens karate chopped each other, paralyzed foe pachirisu wasn´t even PP wasted

EDIT: btw strong luck + focus energy + scope lens + high CH move is only possible if you skill swap

I find it interesting, Peterko (though X-Act still maintains it should be 50% I think) that you also got a number close to 55%...I plan to run another 128 hits over the weekend or something just out of curiosity.

Peterko

Never give up!
farfetch´d @ STICK

TEST: using false swipe vs one wild bidoof

14/64
max ether
16/64

30/128 = 23.4375%

so, stick is + 2 (no wonder, it´s a pkmn exclusive item and has to be better than scope lens/razor claw)

I assume lucky punch is the same

Peterko

Never give up!
Double-Edge: Does it do any damage in recoil when it hits a Substitute? Does it matter if the hit breaks the Substitute? Is the recoil actually 1/3?

-> used a pkmn that didn´t brake the sub and a second that broke it, both got recoil from double-edge
-> double-edge recoil is 1/3 of the damage done to the foe, rounded down

Encore: How many turns does it last?

-> description: the user compels the foe to keep using only the move it last used for two to six turns
-> an encored pkmn will automatically use the encored move as soon as you click the battle option fight
-> while foe is encored, the user can´t encore foe again, it will fail

moved 1st with encore #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8 + encore ended
moved 1st with encore #1, #2, #3, #4 + encore ended
moved 1st with encore #1, #2, #3, #4 + encore ended
moved 2nd with encore #0, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 + encore ended

-> lasts ? turns, definitely more than 6, I must say I´m not 100% sure about those 8 turns, it could´ve been 7, but not less, needs more testing (if anyone would like to test it, I recommend a 2vs2 battle where you can encore 3 targets)

Foresight: In Colosseum, Foresight did not make Fighting attacks super-effective against Sableye, despite it being part Dark. How does it behave in DP / PBR?

-> acts like there was no ghost type at all, sableye is hit with karate chop with the message „It´s super effective!“

Fury Cutter: What is the max power?

-> 160, which you get on the 5th cutter, Complete Damage Formula

Mimic: How much PP do moves get?

-> Mimic copies even the number of PPs of the move, test: mimiced growl had 40 PP, mimic has normally 10 PP

Minimize: Do Stomp and Extrasensory double in damage?

-> only stomp seems to do so, more precisely double move power (I assume, that´s what all such moves do)
-> the accuracy of stomp doesn´t raise, both moves can miss

lv.40 miltank 76attack stomp vs minimized 20def chansey, damage: 256, calc. non doubled: 114-135
lv.64 raikou 152sA extrasensory vs minimized 225sD chansey, damage: 27, calc. non doubled: 26-31
-> another variable move power IMO, X-Act what do you think?

EDIT: only stomp in bold

X-Act

lv.40 miltank 76attack stomp vs minimized 20def chansey, damage: 256, calc. non doubled: 114-135
lv.64 raikou 152sA extrasensory vs minimized 225sD chansey, damage: 27, calc. non doubled: 26-31
-> another variable move power IMO, X-Act what do you think?
For Miltank, 256 damage can only be achieved if either move power or attack stat was doubled. I think it's move power then, as you say... it wouldn't make sense to double the attack stat here.

For Raikou, it didn't seem to double the damage, since 27 is within 26-31?

I'll update the damage formula tomorrow since I need to go to sleep and wake up at 7am.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does Taunt block Metal Burst? I know it doesn't block Counter or Mirror Coat...

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
I finally got around to testing the length of sleep. I counted the number of times the Pokemon was "fast alseep" before it woke up. This means that the turn where the Pokemon wakes up and attacks is not counted. I used a Sporing Smeargle targeting a wild Goldeen for the tests. Smeargle is faster than Goldeen.

First set of 50:
1 - 12
2 - 11
3 - 14
4 - 13
5 - 0

Second set of 50:
1 - 12
2 - 9
3 - 13
4 - 16
5 - 0

Total:
1 - 24
2 - 20
3 - 27
4 - 29
5 - 0

First thing that stands out is that the maximum length of sleep has decreased by one. IIRC in RSEFL, you could get 5 "fast alsleep" messages before waking up. I don't think the numbers are close enough to say there's equal chance of getting 1, 2, 3 or 4 "fast alseep" messages so more testing is still needed.

Peterko

Never give up!
just because it´s you, Obi

metal burst works when you´re taunted

this was my last test for today

EDIT: good one there, TRE
by counting the message fast asleep, do you also mean the turn spore was used? sorry I´m tired

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm not counting by turn. The number represents how many times the target tries to attack but get the "fast asleep" message instead.

I'm sorry if this has been menitoned previously (I searched in both this one and the old topic), but I noticed something strange. I used U-Turn on Jirachi to switch to my Choice Band Ambipom. When I tried to use a move, it said that the Choice Band only allows U-turn. I hope this helps! :)

EDIT: My Ambipom also has U-Turn, but it did not use it yet (only Jirachi did, to switch to Ambipom).

i wonder if it works like that in PBR if you U-turn to a choice item holder with U-turn will they be locked into U-turn like they are on DP? (BTW about your question this was found out in the old research topic)

i wonder if it works like that in PBR if you U-turn to a choice item holder with U-turn will they be locked into U-turn like they are on DP? (BTW about your question this was found out in the old research topic)
For the record, I tested it with Jirachi and Palkia. Obviously, my Palkia did not have U-Turn, so it was able to use Surf. I couldn't find the post in the original topic, oddly enough (I searched U-Turn).

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
For the record, I tested it with Jirachi and Palkia. Obviously, my Palkia did not have U-Turn, so it was able to use Surf. I couldn't find the post in the original topic, oddly enough (I searched U-Turn).
I think the hyphenation seperates it into two words for the search engine, and it omits words 4 letters and uner. Or perhaps it was found out back when i was translated into Somersalt, before the English release.

Either way, testing on PBR would be great. If it is omitted from PBR then it is obviously a D/P bug and should (logically) be left out of competitor- Sadly, I can't test it on PBR because nothing in my PBR arsenal has U-Turn and I don't currently have my DS.

I tested grip claw, and it increases trapping moves by 3 turns.
Unburden: as long as you use up an item, you will get the speed boost. So if you use the berry, recycle, use the berry again (via Rest, or something) you will get the boost.

I think the hyphenation seperates it into two words for the search engine, and it omits words 4 letters and uner. Or perhaps it was found out back when i was translated into Somersalt, before the English release.

Either way, testing on PBR would be great. If it is omitted from PBR then it is obviously a D/P bug and should (logically) be left out of competitor- Sadly, I can't test it on PBR because nothing in my PBR arsenal has U-Turn and I don't currently have my DS.
Dunno if this helps, but I just tested U-Turn in a PBR Free Battle.

A non-Choice Band Staraptor U-Turned to a Choice Banded Staraptor, but was locked in to U-Turn.

As I don't see why the first having a Choice Band would really affect the situation in this case, I'm pretty sure it's not a bug. U-Turning to a Choice Pokemon with U-Turn locks them in.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I tested grip claw, and it increases trapping moves by 3 turns.
Unburden: as long as you use up an item, you will get the speed boost. So if you use the berry, recycle, use the berry again (via Rest, or something) you will get the boost.
After the item is Recycled (and you're with it, obviously), will the Unburden boost go off?

Regarding OHKOs and Substitutes, I have a question: I verily remember that (in XD at least), if a Pokémon used Substitute and ended up with less than 1/4 HP (or any case in which the Subs's current HP _exceeds_ the Pokémon's), OHKO moves wouldn't "break it on contact", but instead, deal damage exactly equal to the Pokémon's _actual_ remaining HP (not the Sub's).

Is it the same for DP (PBR?), or has this bug been squashed now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)