OU DPP OU Teambuilding Competition

Kristyl

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Voting has concluded and congratulations to 16bit for winning this Week with his Scarf Lucario team!

For this Week we're going to try something a bit different with Gallade.

1631578083712.png

No restriction on the set. I'll close submissions next Monday at 7pm -4 then we'll move onto voting. Remember to include a description of your team. If you're looking for some inspiration for your team Sakito made a great post here talking about Gallade and hellpowna shared some of his Gallade sets here. Good luck and have fun building everyone!

Pideous

World Defender
:Jirachi: :Gallade: :Breloom: :Tyranitar: :Gengar: :Flygon:

Guess I’ll kick things off with a pretty basic team - double fighter + ttar. Lum is a great item on Gallade, since in conjunction with steadfast it gives Gallade a pretty good matchup against Jirachi. Ignoring sleep from Loom can provide a huge momentum swing, and since Gallade has solid spdef, the ability to shrug off a Wisp or Plume burn from the likes of Rotom or Heatran can also come in very handy. One of Gallade’s best traits is the ability to threaten almost every pokemon in the game with an efficient combination of coverage and status. This makes it ideal at opening a hole for another fighter in the back to take advantage of. I settled on Breloom for the ability to instantly incapacitate a check to the fighters with sleep, making the threat Gallade poses even harder to answer with heavy pressure on fighting resists. This is amplified by Tyranitar, making it possible to remove ghosts and psychics directly, while also cutting into the longevity of pokemon like Zapdos with sand. Life orb Gengar with Taunt and Explosion has a very easy time trading one for one at worst with the majority of teams, and adds a valuable ground and fight immunity. Taunt denies defensive Jirachi the opportunity to Wish up, making it much easier to overwhelm with a team which could otherwise struggle to break through it. Since Scarftar is one of the few solid answers to this Gengar, it fits well with double fighters to take advantage of Pursuit locks. This is part of why I opted to run Sub on Loom, and considering how little room DDtar has to set up I don’t feel Mach Punch to be necessary. Scarf Flygon is a fantastic pokemon, particularly excelling against more offensive teams. The drawback of falling flat against defence isn’t too significant, since the pressure from the rest of the team provides plenty of opportunities to break those teams down. Jirachi provides a reliable steel, getting rocks up consistently, holding off a variety of threats and maintaining a respectable offensive presence.

https://pokepast.es/10ea41fa46af59b5 updated with jolly gallade and valid names

Last edited:

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
https://pokepast.es/063e010ba121c535
:gallade: :skarmory: :tyranitar: :gyarados: :latias: :lucario:

I'm not the best at explaining stuff but I'll try. I went with the idea sakito posted about, of anti lead gallade with an offensive skarm, almost like a double suicide lead stuff. After that, I had the idea of going CB tar, to have something that applies some pressure. The idea was that stuff that would come on it would be something that attack and not status it so I can set up on it. Thing is, after the team was finished, gengar was really terrific, so I changed it for scarf tar, which still nails some 2hkos with hazard, helping dealing damages and pressuring. Next are some set up mons that I chose based on what I found clever regarding potential set up opportinities after each other death. Nothing too special spread wise, just latias Ev'd to always live LO sball after rocks.

I'm not really a great builder or anything, but I had a few ladder win with this so I thought it might begood enough to get submitted

Last edited:

Jeong

Banned deucer.

I did not intend to participate but I was bored and I like this topic. Well, it is not easy to build something with Gallade, it is quite a challenge where I have not been very original. Basically it's like a Dragmag based on him taking advantage of the Twave spam from Zone / Latias + BSlam from Jirachi. That cast in Gallade is to overcome things like Azelf or Aerodactyl and put Trick Scarf and thus disable it in some way. It can be applied to more passive mons like Hippowdon for example. HWish Latias is perfect here taking advantage of the potential of the team and giving support.

https://pokepast.es/5d555891039d828e

:gallade: :jirachi: :tyranitar: :gyarados: :camerupt: :skarmory:

I thought I’d post again and build off of the camel + gallade concept sakito mentioned and build w spikes. Gallade needs an insane amount of spdef to survive specs latias meteor, so I thought spdef skarm to help survive that would work better than off skarm. Also gives a fairly robust answer to wishtect jirachi if your opponent has tspikes or something like that. You don’t need rocks on camel, so roar is a cool sakito tech I thought could be useful here. Other than that, team just uses strong sweepers to support spikes — spinning is rather hard in this meta, and if they do use defensive star or forre to spin, set up on it w tar or gyara or blast past them w mix rachi.

https://pokepast.es/73beab0f00309b1e

Last edited:

16bit

What does your soul look like?
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Team 4 by johnnyg2, Camerupt is super cool, love seeing viable structures with it included

1632842129771.png
1632842151104.png
1632842166890.png
1632842258610.png
1632842323662.png
1632843998939.png

Going to kick things off here with a team that combines SD Gliscor with SD Empoleon. These two have good synergy, covering each others weaknesses nicely. In the test games I played with this team, I found it best to use either Gliscor or Empoleon to pressure the opposing team in the early/mid-game (matchup depending) and then save the other to clean up late-game. Now for the rest of the team...

Scarfgon lead is a nice scout, and in certain lead matchups can give you some momentum turn 1. Tar is here for sand + pursuit, passho berry to eat surfs and pumps from things like Specs Lati/Starmie. Breloom is a nice mid-game breaker, and offers some priority. I decided to run a fast sub-wisp set on Rotom, which can eat hits from things like +1 Gyara (threat) but also annoy tf out of bulkier mons with sub/wisp nonsense.

You might want to run more speed or a different coverage move on Gliscor/Empoleon, whatever floats your boat:blobwizard:

https://pokepast.es/180f907309d43a7c

Last edited:

John Madden

formerly j3b4it33d
Azelf ./ico_3ds_482.png
Gliscor ./ico_3ds_472.png
Tyranitar ./ico_3ds_248.png
#130 Gyarados
Dragonite ./ico_3ds_149.png
#395 Empoleon

I don't post here very often, but I thought I might give this a shot. I'm also not very good at explaining things, but I'll do my best. The structure here is nothing crazy at all; very simplistic. The idea behind it was that SD Gliscor has a good niche in able to deal with opposing HO, in that it prevents free setup from Gyara and Dnite. Consequently, even with no HP investment, it doesn't get revenge killed by Flygon from above ~50%; hence, the Azelf HO team that has a mon that's good against opposing HO, who's also a HO mon. This Gliscor aims to hit the big 3 (thunder fang for Gyara, ice fang for Dnite and eq for Tar), while being a setup mon itself. It's an extremely aggressive team, which utilises Yache Berry to get a change to setup on things like tar. Mixed Nite allows you to not be completely defenseless against physical Skarm. Wacan Gyara ensures that you live a tbolt, or thunder punch from scarf gon, to give you that extra setup opportunity, or damage in. Chople on DDtar gives you some insurance vs Gengar whist Crunch is there for a more reliable STAB + defense drops (if you're lucky). Bulky Azelf is a fairly reliable lead to ensure rocks are up, and one of the guys comes in safely, when coming across things like meta leads. Tar/Gyara/Nite + Glisc help to offensively overwhelm the opponent's team to ensure a sweep with SubPetaya Emp, one of the most devastating endgame cleaners in the tier. The good thing about this team is that win cons are quite flexible, as you also have DDTar, DDGyara and SD Glisc to clean things up for you.

As mentioned before, this team is very aggressive; you will either win or lose on the spot, so you gotta go hard or go home and make smart doubles/maneuvers to get in your guys safely. DDtar with aqua tail, though not that common, makes things a bit more annoying for Glisc for setup. Defensive Zapdos is also quite frustrating to deal with, though stone edge could replace crunch on Tar to rectify the issue, at the expense of risking a stone edge miss.

le team: https://pokepast.es/3376e1c53c12deda

Jeong

Banned deucer.

I had been thinking about creating something with RD zone and SubCM cune for a long time. This has its useful part, mainly to remove sand from Ttar, but it can also work to protect the zone itself from Fire spam or boost Cune so that its HPump can do more damage. Sub is a way to avoid all kinds of status: Toxic, Twave. The intention of the team is basically to press until they get the advantage or see a gap and be able to clean with the offensive variants. The base mon is one of my favorites, I take it a bit bulk with that speed to beat Jolly Lucario, Max Cune. TFang mainly for Gyara, but it can also be useful vs Skarm / zong but for that I have already taken a trap zone. I was hesitating between Passho or Lum Berry in Ttar, but I think Lum is better to have that free turn of DD or to be able to better clean the rival team. Sleep LO Gengar is for Spore Loom, which I also see that I can be somewhat weak and I want to have something that can fit that and look for the surprise.

https://pokepast.es/9459b0836c0ffe22

Last edited:

I had been thinking about creating something with RD zone and SubCM cune for a long time. This has its useful part, mainly to remove sand from Ttar, but it can also work to protect the zone itself from Fire spam or boost Cune so that its HPump can do more damage. Sub is a way to avoid all kinds of status: Toxic, Twave. The intention of the team is basically to press until they get the advantage or see a gap and be able to clean with the offensive variants. The base mon is one of my favorites, I take it a bit bulk with that speed to beat Jolly Lucario, Max Cune. TFang mainly for Gyara, but it can also be useful vs Skarm / zong but for that I have already taken a trap zone. I was hesitating between Passho or Lum Berry in Ttar, but I think Lum is better to have that free turn of DD or to be able to better clean the rival team. Sleep LO Gengar is for Spore Loom, which I also see that I can be somewhat weak and I want to have something that can fit that and look for the surprise.

https://pokepast.es/9459b0836c0ffe22
Played this on ladder. Really really cool build. My fire punch Rachi got clowned by the zone.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Played this on ladder. Really really cool build. My fire punch Rachi got clowned by the zone.
Thanks, it took me a while as I have some doubts. Yes, the RD in Zone can be useful for those FPunch rachi encounters. I also forgot to mention that Gliscor with Yache and those evs holds Ice Punch Adamant DD +1 Ttar after SR.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)