Enchanted Items [Now Multibility]

Enchanted items was OMOTM July 2016, and it was pretty great!

Hey guys, so it's been nine days since OMOTM ended and usage stats for July are finally out. I've been waiting until now to make this post until, this post is going to be leading up to OMOTM, those who helped, how the metagame progressed, what we learned and what the future will bring us! We got over
42 000 plays according to The Immortal :)
Leading up to OMOTM

So here's how it started, I actually had the idea for EI a while back. A long ass time before I even told anybody in the room about it. I knew I couldn't carelessly throw around the idea because I'd be met with people questioning wether it was codable. So I waited, and I PM'd The Immortal asking if this was codable. And I don't know if you know this, the chances of The Immortal responding to request with anything other than "never" is roughly 5%. Case in point right here

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 18.57.39.png

But eventually he did say it was codable and I got to work on my submission. I submitted and wait... and waited. At this point I had TI's approval so I was waiting for Eevee General to respond. I ended up sending him memes until he eventually checked the post, and after some discussion he approved the metagame. Woohoo we're in business!

So then I told the OM room, initially people we're reluctant, thinking it wasn't possible but after an explanation the hype started. The first metagame with two abilities was a new thing, plenty of pokemon were too be explored! On April 20th this thread was posted 44 replies quickly came within the first day! It was very fun and exciting watching such a reception. The metagame continued to grow, and we tried to go for OMOTM June. Unfortunately we lost to Got talent, both metagames getting almost three hundred votes a new record. And I've said it privately, but let me say it in public, I apologize for my behaviour leading up to the vote, sorry to nv and Zangooser, probably a couple more but those two mainly. Sorry, I deserved my punishment and I really regret what I did.
But July came and Enchanted items won by a landslide. Being coded near the end of June helped and most of the metagames glitches were out of the way. It was a good time, still really worried that something else was going to win though :P

Thank you too those who helped make EI possible!

In no order really, thank you to

Spandan your support of this metagame was amazing. You made Abyssal bot possible which was huge in terms of helping the average player get into Enchanted items, easily being able to check out the items/ability for pokemon made it 200% easier to team-build. Thank you :)

urkerab Thank you for helping with hosting Enchanted Items, quickly being able to fix glitches when they popped up

And thank you these people as well, I really can't remember who helped especially, but you all did at one point or another :) Quantum Tesseract , Dr. Phd. BJ , InfernapeTropius11 ,eviolite goomy , Chopin Alkaninoff , Trade , Akumeoy , OrdA , Lcass4919 , nv , Sobi , OM room
Thank you to all of you :)

How the metagame progressed and what we learned!

So Enchanted Items had a total of three suspects
1.1 Where is your god now? Togekiss

1.2 I Sea through your disguise! Manaphy

1.3 A conversion to Ubers? Porygon-Z

And in hindsight, I'll come out and say it, I disagreed with one of them! Togekiss was banned for the combination of Serence Grace + Gale wings, giving it priority Air slash. In OU it's stallbreaker set can be beaten by having some sliver of offensive presence and being able to out-speed it. In Enchanted items... It becomes difficult. With Priority Air slash you're really just left to rolling the dice, sometimes Togekiss can't even beat Ferrothorn, other times it beats threats like Tyranitar. You would never know that that's the heart of the problem.
We also Suspected Porygon-Z and this was another suspect test I agreed with. Porygon-Z turned out to be a huge threat to anything slower than it, it's coverage options hit like a fucking semi and very few things wanted to switch in. All in all it was a pain to handle and needed to go... However...

Manaphy... Manaphy was the closest vote. And I don't think it was the right decision. With Porygon-Z gone, the metagame lacked wall-breaking power, the power that Manaphy brought to EI. Regen squads like Rotom-W, Landorus-T, Amoongus, Slowbro ect fell completely flat versus Manaphy, being unable to kill it. Too be honest Manaphy kept the ball moving, it forced stall teams to retain some sort of momentum.

If I could do it all over again I don't believe I'd vote to ban Manaphy. And I don't think a lot of people would.

What will the future bring us?

Soo... let's get the boring stuff out of the way! Next time we can play Enchanted Items Sun and Moon will be out, so OU Ban list will be reset... Quite a bit. So I'm going to unban Manaphy for now, and unless I see any major changes I'll keep Kyurem-B, Togkiess and PZ banned!

Now... Let's get into the good part.

ENCHANTED ITEMS PLUS

Yes, we've discussed this before, and you knew it was coming! Enchanted Items plus is a different metagame based on the mechanics... Here's the major changes

• You can now pick both abilities for pokemon, for example: Pixilate + Prankster Nature Power Xerneas
  • Xerneas? Yes, you read that right. Enchanted items plus is an Ubers based metagame, except Mega Rayquaza is unbanned for now!
Ban-list Shedinja, Trace(temporarily), Arena Trap, Contrary, Huge Power, Imposter, Parental Bond, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Simple and Wonder Guard.

Let's have a quick look at some sample sets, I'll let you guys discuss further!
Delta Stream + Gale wings, Delta Stream + Aerilate, Delta Stream + Regenerator
Regenerator + Magic bounce, Regenerator + Regenerator, Regenerator + Intimidate
Magic guard + Gale wings, Magic guard + Regenerator, Magic guard + Desolate Land
Mold breaker + Prankster, Serence Grace + Mold breaker, Sheer force + Tinted Lens
Protean + Fur coat, Fur coat + Regenerator, Intimidate + Regenerator
Scrappy + Tinted lens, Fur coat + Magic bounce, Protean + Adaptability
PROTEAN + ADAPTABILITY = RIP

Thank you for a lovely month and for such well reception! :]

Last edited:
I don't like the sound of Fur Coat being allowed in EI+, but I'll have to wait and see. Just imagine if Fur Coat + Regen Xerneas could hold Power Herb though...

• You can stack abilities! Regen + Regen is just fine!
Ban-list Trace(temporarily), Arena Trap, Contrary, Huge Power, Imposter, Parental Bond, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Simple and Wonder Guard.
serene grace + serene grace is legal, shit

ban this pls

edit: I mean 40%/80%/100% chance to inflict status or stat drops as part of a damaging move is pretty legit, I'm more referring to the fact that 100% flinch moves (that aren't Fake Out) literally invalidate anything slower than their user that isn't, like, Inner Focus or Shield Dust, and 80% flinch moves are pretty close.

Last edited:

ban this pls

edit: I mean 40%/80%/100% chance to inflict status or stat drops as part of a damaging move is pretty legit, I'm more referring to the fact that 100% flinch moves (that aren't Fake Out) literally invalidate anything slower than their user that isn't, like, Inner Focus or Shield Dust, and 80% flinch moves are pretty close.
Smh Aerilate Mega Rayquaza is legal and yet you worry about Serence Grace :,) Not banning anything until it gets tested!

ban this pls
Genesect @ Rowap Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Blaze Kick
- Extreme Speed

Ouch.

Also since Fur Coat is legal:

Skarmory @ Dragon Gem
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 9 SpD
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

Depending on how Fur Coat double dips, Skarmory has 1248-1664 Defense lol.

Enchanted items was OMOTM July 2016, and it was pretty great!

Hey guys, so it's been nine days since OMOTM ended and usage stats for July are finally out. I've been waiting until now to make this post until, this post is going to be leading up to OMOTM, those who helped, how the metagame progressed, what we learned and what the future will bring us! We got over
42 000 plays according to The Immortal :)
Leading up to OMOTM

So here's how it started, I actually had the idea for EI a while back. A long ass time before I even told anybody in the room about it. I knew I couldn't carelessly throw around the idea because I'd be met with people questioning wether it was codable. So I waited, and I PM'd The Immortal asking if this was codable. And I don't know if you know this, the chances of The Immortal responding to request with anything other than "never" is roughly 5%. Case in point right here

View attachment 67080
But eventually he did say it was codable and I got to work on my submission. I submitted and wait... and waited. At this point I had TI's approval so I was waiting for Eevee General to respond. I ended up sending him memes until he eventually checked the post, and after some discussion he approved the metagame. Woohoo we're in business!

So then I told the OM room, initially people we're reluctant, thinking it wasn't possible but after an explanation the hype started. The first metagame with two abilities was a new thing, plenty of pokemon were too be explored! On April 20th this thread was posted 44 replies quickly came within the first day! It was very fun and exciting watching such a reception. The metagame continued to grow, and we tried to go for OMOTM June. Unfortunately we lost to Got talent, both metagames getting almost three hundred votes a new record. And I've said it privately, but let me say it in public, I apologize for my behaviour leading up to the vote, sorry to nv and Zangooser, probably a couple more but those two mainly. Sorry, I deserved my punishment and I really regret what I did.
But July came and Enchanted items won by a landslide. Being coded near the end of June helped and most of the metagames glitches were out of the way. It was a good time, still really worried that something else was going to win though :P

Thank you too those who helped make EI possible!

In no order really, thank you to

Spandan your support of this metagame was amazing. You made Abyssal bot possible which was huge in terms of helping the average player get into Enchanted items, easily being able to check out the items/ability for pokemon made it 200% easier to team-build. Thank you :)

urkerab Thank you for helping with hosting Enchanted Items, quickly being able to fix glitches when they popped up

And thank you these people as well, I really can't remember who helped especially, but you all did at one point or another :) Quantum Tesseract , Dr. Phd. BJ , InfernapeTropius11 ,eviolite goomy , Chopin Alkaninoff , Trade , Akumeoy , OrdA , Lcass4919 , nv , Sobi , OM room
Thank you to all of you :)

How the metagame progressed and what we learned!

So Enchanted Items had a total of three suspects
1.1 Where is your god now? Togekiss

1.2 I Sea through your disguise! Manaphy

1.3 A conversion to Ubers? Porygon-Z

And in hindsight, I'll come out and say it, I disagreed with one of them! Togekiss was banned for the combination of Serence Grace + Gale wings, giving it priority Air slash. In OU it's stallbreaker set can be beaten by having some sliver of offensive presence and being able to out-speed it. In Enchanted items... It becomes difficult. With Priority Air slash you're really just left to rolling the dice, sometimes Togekiss can't even beat Ferrothorn, other times it beats threats like Tyranitar. You would never know that that's the heart of the problem.
We also Suspected Porygon-Z and this was another suspect test I agreed with. Porygon-Z turned out to be a huge threat to anything slower than it, it's coverage options hit like a fucking semi and very few things wanted to switch in. All in all it was a pain to handle and needed to go... However...

Manaphy... Manaphy was the closest vote. And I don't think it was the right decision. With Porygon-Z gone, the metagame lacked wall-breaking power, the power that Manaphy brought to EI. Regen squads like Rotom-W, Landorus-T, Amoongus, Slowbro ect fell completely flat versus Manaphy, being unable to kill it. Too be honest Manaphy kept the ball moving, it forced stall teams to retain some sort of momentum.

If I could do it all over again I don't believe I'd vote to ban Manaphy. And I don't think a lot of people would.

What will the future bring us?

Soo... let's get the boring stuff out of the way! Next time we can play Enchanted Items Sun and Moon will be out, so OU Ban list will be reset... Quite a bit. So I'm going to unban Manaphy for now, and unless I see any major changes I'll keep Kyurem-B, Togkiess and PZ banned!

Now... Let's get into the good part.

ENCHANTED ITEMS PLUS

Yes, we've discussed this before, and you knew it was coming! Enchanted Items plus is a different metagame based on the mechanics... Here's the major changes

• You can now pick both abilities for pokemon, for example: Pixilate + Prankster Nature Power Xerneas
  • Xerneas? Yes, you read that right. Enchanted items plus is an Ubers based metagame, except Mega Rayquaza is unbanned for now!
  • You can stack abilities! Regen + Regen is just fine!
Ban-list Trace(temporarily), Arena Trap, Contrary, Huge Power, Imposter, Parental Bond, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Simple and Wonder Guard.

Let's have a quick look at some sample sets, I'll let you guys discuss further!
Delta Stream + Gale wings, Delta Stream + Aerilate, Delta Stream + Regenerator
Regenerator + Magic bounce, Regenerator + Regenerator, Regenerator + Intimidate
Magic guard + Gale wings, Magic guard + Regenerator, Magic guard + Desolate Land
Mold breaker + Prankster, Serence Grace + Mold breaker, Sheer force + Tinted Lens
Protean + Fur coat, Fur coat + Regenerator, Intimidate + Regenerator
Scrappy + Tinted lens, Fur coat + Magic bounce, Protean + Adaptability
PROTEAN + ADAPTABILITY = RIP

Thank you for a lovely month and for such well reception! :]
All right! Ubers version sounds super cool, so thats the part of this I'm going to focus on.
Birdspam. Contrary+Intimidate MRay+Gw&Mguard Ho-OH sounds really terrifying, considering the damage involved. Sure, there aren't any boosting items, so Hooh is weaker than normal, but 252+ brave bird still hits like a truck.
Priority. Those aren't the only available boosted priority- aerilate MRay will still be very strong, especially with the download boost premega. Prankster pixelxern is going to hurt a lot as well.
Primal Groudon actual loses out quite a lot- it's probably not irrelevant, but it's not as good as it used to be.
Palkiacya, Meanwhile, gets to swap out its useless ability for something like Primordial Sea+Swift Swim, or Primordial Sea+Tinted Lens. Heck, it can even run adaptions and spam spacial rend.

Oh hey, it's ur old freinds Imposter and Sturdinja! Chansey even gets to keep eviolite, while Blissey can have a niche with enchanted abilities. To make matters worse, however, Magic guard+Sturdy shedinja is a thing. Run mold breaker, folks. Mold breaker on everything.

Want to win at life? Run prankster+magic bounce darkrai, and spam status moves. Who even cares about imposter? Of course, it doesn't beat Sturdinja, so the mold breaker set is also godly.

Dual regen cores look like hell- Regen/Regen Blissey+Regen/Regen cresselia looks like hell, and you can add things like Sturdinja or unaware Regen. Bring your MGar, folks.

Also note: Arceus can't use protean

I have never agreed with Manaphy ban and I believe this is a good decision as it helps vs the Regens and generally most stall that dominates after PZ ban. Good job I think.

Also, screw double abilities. Gale Wings + Serene Grace for every Air Slashers (Ray, Yveltal, Skymin)!

I believe Shedinja should be banned though. Sturdy + Magic Guard means there's literally no way to damage it besides Mold Breaker. This meta is going to be Mold Breaker + something if Shedinja doesn't get banned. It's worse than BH Shedinja in terms of centralization.

Yeah, you make a good argument. I'll ban Shedinja now, probably going to ban some ability combinations straight out of the gate because they seem insane. On the other hand I'd like some time to test it. Shedinja banned, probably going to ban some of these hax abilities.

Shaymin-Sky @ Rowap Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish

Seed Flare has a 120% activation rate and Air Slash has a 90% activation rate

Ban this monster

Blissey @ Qualot Berry (Unaware)
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

I wanna share this /ei/
>First match of EI+, late June
>Thinks he's master of the newly coded meta
>@Kaushik brings this
>waitwhat.png
>Cannot kill
>loses
>"excuse me, you are allowed to bring 6 pokemon, not 55"

And that was the first EI+ match
Feelsraped

Blissey @ Qualot Berry (Unaware)
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

I wanna share this /ei/
>First match of EI+, late June
>Thinks he's master of the newly coded meta
>@Kaushik brings this
>waitwhat.png
>Cannot kill
>loses
>"excuse me, you are allowed to bring 6 pokemon, not 55"

And that was the first EI+ match
Feelsraped
4chan is thataway, my guy

anyways mold breaker is cool

Kyogre @ Thick Club
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Reshiram @ Grip Claw
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Solar Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Weather seams fun

If you can have two of the same ability, this can lead to some pretty funny but confusing combinations.
Multiscale + Multiscale (attacks deal 1/4 damage from full health)
Sand Rush + Sand Rush (quadruples speed during a sandstorm)
Speed Boost + Speed Boost ( +2 speed each turn)
Contrary + Contrary (Does nothing)
Intimidate + Intimidate (Lowers the opponent's attack by 2)
Gale Wings + Gale Wings (+2 priority to flying moves, letting you beat E-Speed users you are slower than)
Aura Break + Aura Break (Does nothing)
Parental Bond + Parental Bond (Your pokemon has given birth to twins)

I think it's worth specifying how some effects stack, like Sheer Force. For example, if you have Sheer Force + Sheer Force, does it get boosted twice? cause after one Sheer Force boost, it wouldn't have an added effect anymore, so would it get the second boost? Just some food for thought.

Fresh sets! Get 'em while they're hot!

Kyogre @ Thick Club
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse / Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Groudon @ Grip Claw
Ability: Chlorophyll / Leaf Guard
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish / Dragon Claw / Fire Punch

Ho-Oh @ Grepa Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Recover
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Thunder Wave / Earthquake

Deoxys-Attack @ Rowap Berry
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide / Low Kick
- Extreme Speed / Knock Off
- Ice Beam

Deoxys-Speed @ Rowap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Zen Headbutt
- Skill Swap / Rock Slide

Deoxys-Defense @ Wide Lens/Dragon Gem
Ability: Multiscale/Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Recover

I'm going to quickly update the ban-list and fix some mechanics. Stackable abilities really do seem too much. Wether is Fur coat + Fur coat or Serence Grace, it really seems to much, and we don't really need it to complicate EI further. Being ubers format and picking both abilities seems to further increase the possibilities for sets.

Is Slaking and Regigigas unbanned?
Besides Shedinja no pokemon is banned.

Apparently Poison Point Touch counts as a secondary effect for the purposes of Shield Dust. Surely that would mean that it counts as a secondary effect for the purposes of Sheer Force. So now all Poison Point users (or indeed Sheer Force users, if they have nothing better) can get a 30% boost on all of their moves, not just the ones with secondary effects. No longer does Nidoking have to suffer the indignity of not having a boosted Earthquake!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)