Event Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Since more copies of the berries can be grown in Poke Pelago, and they can then be put on Pokemon and sent out over GTS or Wonder Trade, it's a pretty safe bet that they'll be let loose worldwide regardless.
You overestimate Pokemon Company's acknowledgment of the international community. Yes, for many players getting these Berries (or at least the Custap) would be great for their competitive team. But does the Pokemon Company see it that way? Or do they just see these Berries as just a neat little bonus to give out to their home audience without having to worry about bringing it to the international audience because it's not like it's a Mythical or special Pokemon (which many we also don't get).

EDIT: Thanks to Detective Barricade I now realize what you mean. Indeed, I imagine there's Smogon players with Japanese version of the games (does Smogon have any Japanese members?) who'll get the Berries and start growing them and giving them out on a Trade thread.

... That or players will just cheat and hack these Berries since they'll now be considered legal.

Last edited:
You overestimate Pokemon Company's acknowledgment of the international community. Yes, for many players getting these Berries (or at least the Custap) would be great for their competitive team. But does the Pokemon Company see it that way? Or do they just see these Berries as just a neat little bonus to give out to their home audience without having to worry about bringing it to the international audience because it's not like it's a Mythical or special Pokemon (which many we also don't get).
I don't know if he's saying they'll actually release the berries outside of Japan so much as that because they can be grown in Poke Pelago it's pretty safe to assume getting a hold of them won't be too hard. (especially since the event is going to run through much of 2019)

Looks like the rare berry event is going to be over Nintendo Network worldwide in January. Start date looks like it's slightly varying according to timezone so will need to check your country's Pokemon.com site.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
They may have been planning to release it alongside Pokemon Z, but I guess they decided to scrap it last minute for the 20th Aniversary in favor of SM. The fact that Thousand Arrows and Waves and Light of Ruin were in XY makes me strongly believe that there was going to be a Z version, since Ice Burn and Freeze Shock had similar situations in BW.
That, plus that Zygarde's Pokédex entries in X and Y practically spell out the plot of Z. That entire Zygarde Cell collection quest and Ash-Greninja really had no reason to be in SM, unless it was to use a readily designed and coded mechanic from a planned Gen VI game.

(I also have other suspicions that Ash-Greninja is just a concept implementation of a planned system wherein the starters could adapt to the visual styles of their trainer, using the same type of code that allows the player character model to change clothes and texture colours, but that's not really relevant to this thread).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
BERRY EVENT:
A bit late, but the Berry Event has started!

Serebii said:
For those of you with Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, the previously unobtainable berries of Enigma Berry, Micle Berry, Custap Berry, Jaboca Berry & Rowap Berry are now being distributed to all players globally using Mystery Gift > Receive Via Internet. This gift comes with 12 of each Berry and is available until 23:59 UTC on September 2nd 2019 so be sure to get it while you can. With this, these berries are also legal in all official competitions.

Last edited:
Hm Pikachu315111 I would say that depends on whether it can learn moves from the move reminder or not when redeemed on USUM
Also I was told you get 12 of each berry instead of one for people who planned to plant the ONLY berry

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hm Pikachu315111 I would say that depends on whether it can learn moves from the move reminder or not when redeemed on USUM
Also I was told you get 12 of each berry instead of one for people who planned to plant the ONLY berry
Well, yeah, the Move Reminder can reteach any move the Pokemon learns from level-up. That's why you often see evolved Pokemon who have a move it learns at Level 1 or Legendaries learn a move below the Level you get them at, you can take them to the Move Reminder to "relearn" those moves.

Looking at Zekrom/Reshiram's movepool there is a level-up learnset difference but it's SUPER minor: in SM they learn Imprison at Level 64 but in USUM they instead learn Noble Roar. Now I'm not so sure if that means if you get it in USUM that means they can't learn Imprison or if the level-up learnset does change depending on version.

As for the Berries, I quoted Serebii which said you get 12 of each.

Coro Coro: Preorder tickets to the new Mewtwo movie starting April 12th for a serial code to redeem 10,000 CP Mewtwo on PLG.

EDIT: Apparently the Mewtwo will be 逆襲のミュウツー , which is the title of the first movie, so... a special Mewtwo that is based on that particular Mewtwo..?

Last edited:
Today was going to be the day the Shiny Tapu Bulu gift was to be distributed, but PGL is having problems being updated. No word has been given yet as to when to expect these problems to be resolved so participants of International Challenge February 2019 can get their reward, but they're working on it.

Coro Coro: Preorder tickets to the new Mewtwo movie starting April 12th for a serial code to redeem 10,000 CP Mewtwo on PLG.

EDIT: Apparently the Mewtwo will be 逆襲のミュウツー, which is the title of the first movie, so... a special Mewtwo that is based on that particular Mewtwo..?
Interesting; the first movie's title is ミュウツーの逆襲 while the name of this Mewtwo is 逆襲のミュウツー, so the English equivalent would sort of be "the Mewtwo who struck back"?

Last edited:
Interesting; the first movie's title is ミュウツーの逆襲 while the name of this Mewtwo is 逆襲のミュウツー, so the English equivalent would sort of be "the Mewtwo who struck back"?
Somewhat. The English title was "Mewtwo Strikes Back", which differs from the Japanese title with the whole verb vs noun thing. The English noun that fits 逆襲 most is counterattack, but obviously it doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely. 逆襲 is not quite revenge-level, though I like the sound of Vengeful Mewtwo quite a bit.

Is there a datamine of such a Mewtwo in the game?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Somewhat. The English title was "Mewtwo Strikes Back", which differs from the Japanese title with the whole verb vs noun thing. The English noun that fits 逆襲 most is counterattack, but obviously it doesn't roll off the tongue quite as nicely. 逆襲 is not quite revenge-level, though I like the sound of Vengeful Mewtwo quite a bit.
How about "Back-Striking Mewtwo"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)