Event Discussion

They've done similar events in the past, the one which immediately comes to mind is the "Pokemon Scraps" event. These event don't come to the US sadly.
Those scrap events were pretty much the only way to get many Mythical Pokemon with the Alola symbol. Even with the, however, there were still some Mythical Pokemon that could no be obtained in Gen VII, and Unown also was skipped for some reason(since they can't breed, Unown was banned from VGC by technicality, unlike Mythicals which are intentionally banned from it)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
And now that they are all out, here are the codes for the eight Hat Pikachu they've been giving away! You have until November 30th to claim them so, but I say the sooner the better:

Original Cap: P1KACHUGET
Partner Cap: 1CH00SEY0U
Hoenn Cap: P1KAADVANCE
Sinnoh Cap: V0LTTACKLEP1KA

Unova Cap: P1KABESTW1SH
Kalos Cap: KAL0SP1KA
Alola Cap: ULTRAP1KA
World Cap: K1NP1KA1855

They are all Hardy Nature, Level 25, come in a Poke Ball, and have a Classic Ribbon.
All of them know Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, & Electroweb; in addition they all can get Volt Tackle via the Move Relearner.
The World Cap Pikachu is also holding a Light Orb.
Monday is the last day to easily get all the Cap Pikachu for this gen!

So there is an event now running in Japan in which you can rack up points by buying certain products, and as you hit certain totals you unlock rewards on this website, including gen 8 mark genesect, marshadow, and volcanion.

Some details in English from Serebii. (Scroll past dada zarude)

The new tgc shiny star v set gives points, amongst other items. It looks like you need to register an account to rack up points. Don't know if it accepts non-co.jp emails addresses or how easy this is to do outside of Japan without spending $$$ on shiny star v packs, but I will keep my eye out for an English guide because I would love to get more Marshadow. :P
Brief update to this: I caved and shelled out for some shiny star V packs to try my luck at getting some valuable shiny cards (no dice) and get the codes for this, since one box of 10 packs gives enough points to get all the rewards. (I saw one youtuber claim they heard that the second wave of shiny star v won't have the code cards, but I don't know if that's true or not since I think the promotion runs until April.)

I was successfully able to register with the site using a gmail address and the help of google translate, and entered all of the codes without much hassle. Anyone who decides to buy shiny star v packs for whatever reason (or any other products that give these points), this is a fairly easy way to get Galar-symbol JPN Genesect, Volcanion, & Marshadow, plus some rarer pokeballs & a Master ball.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Also posting this here:

" Following issues with the lack of distribution on GAME's online store after it was announced for the UK, The Pokémon Company International have announced that all European players can get a code for Zarude if they sign up for the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter by December 18th. If you have done so, then a code will be sent in January "

~ Serebii

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So, today the Japanese KIBO module (part of the International Space Station) did a livestream for New Years showing the sunrise over the planet as seen from low Earth orbit. The Pokemon Company had set up a promotion with them to show some augmented reality Pokemon in space. And they did... just a Pikachu floating around one of their astronauts (Soichi Noguchi) and then Rayquaza zooming around the planet & posing in front of the space station. And that's it. They advertised Sword & Shield a bit but otherwise pretty uneventful. I feel so sorry for those who had thought this was going to be an announcement for the Sinnoh remakes, though I think by now we should know not to hype ourselves up whenever Pokemon does anything nowadays... though would have been cool; though would have also been cool to see maybe Rayqauza fighting with Deoxys or Dialga & Palkia popping out of portals and duking it out. You know, do something cool with the AR instead of generic stock poses; even something like a Minior shower would have been at least visually interesting...

(Now that's something an astronaut wants to see outside their window glaring at them like they're a sardine in a can)

BUT they did have one more surprise: a giveaway! One of the Pokemon they had on the stream is being given away... and you know this joke enough to know it's not the Rayquaza. No, it's the Pikachu which comes knowing Thunderbolt, Swift, Wish, and Celebrate. Wish and Celebrate are is both notable as Pikachu can't normally learn Wish and Celebrate is it's an event exclusive move (... which does nothing, yeah?). Well Wish is still nice, probably combines nicely with Volt Switch.

EDIT: So, I did look-up the Wish page on Bulbapedia to see if Pikachu learned it and the search came up with nothing... but that's because PICHU learns it as an Egg Move. :facepalm:

(Hm, Yellow is looking pretty sus you guys...)

Last edited:
New event for 25th anniversary has been announced. It´s for SwSh, distribution will be via Mystery Gift passwords we get in e-mails.

Pokemon: Pikachu (what else?)
Ribbon: Souvenir Ribbon
Shiny: no
Level: 25
Held Item: Light Ball
OT: GF
Ball: Cherish Ball
Ability: Lighting Rod
Moves: Sing, Encore, Celebrate, Electro Ball

Only notable things are that it comes with it´s HA and mainly the move Sing, which it can´t normally learn. But I don´t see it as being too much useful (Endeavor was waaaays better). Maybe in doubles with Gravity setup?

Source: https://25.pokemon.com/en-gb/events/pikachu-sing

This is far from the first time Pikachu has gotten Sing as an event move, and will most likely not be the last, either. Other Pokemon have gotten Sing as an event move for music-related things as well, like Meowth and Piplup.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
The 25th Anniversary Sing Pikachu is now available. Just type in the code P25MUS1C.

In addition to Sing it also knows Celebrate Encore, and Electro Ball. It's also holding a Light Ball.
  • The Light Ball is nice as otherwise you gotta grind wild Pikachu to find one holding one which is 5% chance (or use the Cram-o-matic).
  • Electro Ball & Encore are moves Pikachu could already learn.
  • Celebrate is an event-exclusive move (which does nothing), so I guess that's special.
  • Sing is probably the more notable move (that has a use). I checked this time and the Pikachu family don't normally have access to it. However there's been two other instances beside this event which they did. First was from a Pichu you needed to visit a real world Pokemon Center to get. The second is from another Singing Pikachu they gave out in Japan for the 10th Anniversary. It too was holding a Light Orb and knew Electro Ball and Encore, but instead of Celebrate it knew Teeter Dance (which is actually another move Pikachu family doesn't learn... and since Teeter Dance actually does something that means they gave away a better Singing Pikachu than the one they're giving now).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
WELP. We failed.

Only 874,808 Gigantamax Pikachu were defeated. To remind us of our failure to defeat 1 million G-Pikachu, instead of 100 Armorite Ore & Dynite Ore each we're now getting 87 Armorite Ore & Dynite Ore each. That's right, 13 less easily grinded for ore, I don't know how we'll ever get over this great loss. To claim yours just open up Mystery Gift and select "Receive Via Internet".

Actually, it's a bit odd how we failed this but completed the same goal for Cramorant. The only thing I can surmise from that is people really, REALLY don't like Cramorant (or at least really, REALLY like to beat up Cramorant). Maybe those missing 125,192 trainers are Pikachu fans and they didn't like Cramorant would sometimes try eating one.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
More likely that overall interest in the games is waning and they would need to drop the total from now onwards to make it completable.

Still, 87 ore is a nice bonus. its still 87% of the total we needed, so Im kinda fine with that? I know I did a few Pikachu raids, but raids in general were not popping as often as they were around CT release or anything like that.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
... May or may not have been what I did!
I'll admit, I was just about to do that BUT I turned the game on to get my Singing Pikachu so decided to do a few Raids.

Still, 87 ore is a nice bonus. its still 87% of the total we needed, so Im kinda fine with that? I know I did a few Pikachu raids, but raids in general were not popping as often as they were around CT release or anything like that.
Infact, I wouldn't mind if they switch to a system like this. Like, there's a 100% goal but if players don't get to the goal they just get a percentage of what they did do. Like for example, I'm thinking as like a last event for SwSh, they should have a Raid against the Kalos Starters Gmaxes and if you defeat a total of 1 million you get 1k (or rather 999, or rather max out) on all exp candies. But, if we don't reach the goal, instead we just get the percentage of what we did get up to.

More likely that overall interest in the games is waning and they would need to drop the total from now onwards to make it completable.
I do have to admit, I haven't played it in a while. In regards to multiplayer it's just tiring and boring collecting resources over and over just to be able to make Pokémon battle ready (especially when I can't just port over a lot of my already battle ready pokemon) and my interest in actually playing multiplayer without megas is pretty limited. As well, I don't find the game very interesting to replay.

Actually, it's a bit odd how we failed this but completed the same goal for Cramorant. The only thing I can surmise from that is people really, REALLY don't like Cramorant (or at least really, REALLY like to beat up Cramorant). Maybe those missing 125,192 trainers are Pikachu fans and they didn't like Cramorant would sometimes try eating one.
I think it was the fact that G-Chu was only in 5-star raids. I haven’t gotten 8 badges yet, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the reason the other 125,191 missed out.

Last edited:
Edit: Just noticed no catchable on Cinderace. False Alarm. Just have to wait until the Final Wild Event or something.
To be fair assuming they keep going with the same pattern, I don't think we'll get "normal balls" gen 8 starters until next gen.

I think however there's a solid chance of gen 7 starters getting "normal balls" in Arceus Legends. The fact Rowlet is a starter but no sign of the other 2 makes me think they'll all 3 be catchable in some form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)