[Expert] This Is How We Mafia Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
The purpose of this game is to get a fairly basic type of game going, but with an Expert-level playlist. This game has room for the 24 best players we have left in our wonderful Mafia community. Do not hesitate to sign up even if you're not sure if you're the best player though: I have no hope of getting 24 excellent players. This game can be a great learning experience for intermediate players.

The format of this game is 2v1, aka 1 village vs 2 mafia. I took this "broken" formula on purpose because it's been a while since we had it in a higher level game, and we've rarely really had the opportunity to see how the good players tend to play this out. The game involves items (but is not centered around them), and has no vanillagers - every role has something to do, even if it's a little. Players will be handpicked based on what I know about them. If I know you as an ok-at-least player, you are probably getting in!

The game's design phase is completely finished. I just need to write out the rules, but they will be the basic ones with very few modifications. I have been fairly lazy on the flavor just to get it going more quickly and to make faking easier.

Here's to a great game!

EDIT:

Finished the basic rules if anyone wants to see.

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 1, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM the host on IRC for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided the host is there to update).

5. If there's a tie, there will be no lynch.

6. The game will start on Night 1. There will be deaths during Night 1.

7. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle. Remember that PMs are to be sent to Mekkah, and no one else.

8. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

9. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

10. This game features items. Items can be used at the same time as regular night actions, unless stated otherwise. You can give an item away during either the day or night, by sending a pm to Mekkah stating "Night/Day X - Give [item] to [user]." You cannot use an item during the same night you give it away, however you can use an unrelated ability whilst giving away an item. Giving away an item has the lowest priority, and if you are killed/lynched the same night/day you attempt to give away an item, it won't be moved.

11. There is no "Scavenger" ability. Items held by a player who is killed during the Night are transferred to the killer. Items held by a player who is lynched are transferred to the first person to cast a lynch vote on them.

12. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

13. Be careful who you trust. I'm not going to give a real reason as to why, but everyone would do well to be more cautious than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)