favourite bird thread

i always liked ospreys as a kid even though i had no idea what they looked like because marco was the coolest character from animorphs

phorusrhacidae bitches

They still exist and are called Seriemas, though they are in the family Caramidae, both the Phorusrhacids and Cariamids are in Cariamae, which is close enough that you could hope for a rebound I guess. Now if only the big cats would go extinct already, god might create them into terror birds for you
I mean evolve

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
I'm quite partial to kakapos myself.

Also awesome:

Peregrine falcon, bitches. These motherfuckers are fast, with a normal flight speed of between 40 and 50 mph (65-80 kph for you people not living in a backasswards country) and dives reaching speeds of 200 mph (320 kph). Why dive that fast? These birds are fucking hardcore hunters. Instead of hunting small mammals like many other raptors, these fuckers hunt other birds, and the best way to do that is to wait for little Robin to get out into the open, scream "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GROUND", and fucking obliterate it out of the sky. Damn.

The osprey is also quite awesome,and I get to see a bunch of them where I live. A while ago, the ancestor of this majestic looking motherfucker decided to say "FUCK LAND, I'LL HUNT ON WATER MOTHERFUCKER", and ever since they've been pescatarians. They'll wait for fish to come up to the water to feed, then dive down and grab the fish in their talons like a boss. They also have a habit of nesting on telephone poles, as they're somewhat similar to the cliffs they've ancestrally nested on (because they're up high and... I don't know, I'm not an osprey). Humans noticed this and as such have been constructing telephone poles with broad tops for the ospreys to nest on instead, which has contributed to less Kentucky Fried Osprey and more awesome birds to look at.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
this things feces can kill a tree
its stomach can digest anything
they don't hunt, they let other retarded animals waste their time getting the food, vultures just take that
all other birds are small time

<--

Actually, though, Vaux's swifts. In Portland, OR, where I live, there's a chimney where migrating swifts roost every year in the fall. Every day at dusk in late summer/early fall, about 25,000 swifts fly in circles around the chimney before going in. The chimney is the largest collective roost in the world. Each day during the migration the swifts draw thousands of spectators to the park by the chimney, and going to see the swifts is a Portland tradition.

the pterosaur is definitely my favourite bird from the jurassic era

but i mean, its probably my favourite dinosaur overall, so there isnt really much competition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)