Final Grades/GPA thread/School/University Discussion

Spanish I: A
English I: A
Algebra II/Trig: A
Advanced Biology: A
JV Jazz Band: A++++++++ (This class is easier than any class in kindergarten)
Western Civilization: A-

Well, because of my history grade, I'm never getting into a good college. Q_Q

jk

And our school doesn't give out A+s, sadly.

I don't remember my grades offhand but it was mostly B's and two C's. I'd be a bit pissed, except for the fact that one of the C's was my AP Gov Semester grade, which I got a D in first quarter--had I not kicked it into gear and gotten a B second quarter I would've lost my honors diploma and with it an assload of my scholarship money, so I'm not sweating it.

Only thing I'm worried about is my college placement tests, especially my math one. I gotta take this algebra readiness test, but since I haven't done any of the stuff in over two years I keep doing badly on the practice test. I don't wanna be stuck in a remedial class doing stuff that's a breeze all because of some test I took covering material I haven't used in over 700 days...

Uh.....
Java Programming: B-; Exam: B
Cient Side Scripting: B; Exam: A
Percussion: A; Exam: A

Yeah I know my over all GPA is 3.2 or something. I really hate school, it's such a drag. I probably could do better, but I'm too lazy and I rather play video games or watch anime. I only take 3 or 4 classes because of that too. (If you didn't figure it out, I'm in college)

H Geometry: A
P Wrld Hist: B+
PE: A
AP Biology: C
H English: B
H Spanish: A

AP Biology sucks, don't take it if you're planning to, I got a B in History because I never did my homework T_T. I lost focus so I slacked off a bit. I can't wait 'til I'm done with Spanish, I can't stand my teacher for not letting me skip my final! >_<
GPA: 4.0 Yay!

I'm going up to Sheffield tomorrow to check out the uni, that's probably where I want to go.
I went there today,but I'm doing completely different Subjects to you. Maths, Physics, Chemistry. I wanna do Physics at Uni, Sheffield was really good.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I went there today,but I'm doing completely different Subjects to you. Maths, Physics, Chemistry. I wanna do Physics at Uni, Sheffield was really good.
Yeah it was really good today, politics especially looks amazing, History and Politics there will probably be my first choice.

Geometry Honors-B-
Biology Honors-A+
English Honors-B+
AP World History-B-
Intro to tech-A
French 4 Honors-B+
Photography-A+
PE-A

mm they are ok i guess..

next year schedule:
AP English
AP American HIstory
AP Psychology
AP French
Algebra 2 Honors
Chemistry Honors
Games and Simulations
Computer Programming

in florida..

Guess who's failing CAS? That's right, this motherfucker (me) for missing one gay deadline. Also for procrastinating and then putting evidence on my CAS manager on the last week. Got to go to this failure session to discuss my plans for the summer.

And are you allowed to do AP physics after IB physics SL? Confused here. Our coordinator wont let us take AP tests for some reason so yeah.

Edit: and what's with all the IBers taking American History? I find world history alot easier.
Missing the deadlines is probably the only way you can really fail CAS now, so that sucks. :\

Uhh, AP Physics is much more in-depth than anything we learned in SL. SL is kind of the equivalent of Physics I to the AP Physics class, which would then be kind of a Physics II class.

For the history thing, are you talking about World Area Studies? That is what I'm taking next year.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Missing the deadlines is probably the only way you can really fail CAS now, so that sucks. :\

Uhh, AP Physics is much more in-depth than anything we learned in SL. SL is kind of the equivalent of Physics I to the AP Physics class, which would then be kind of a Physics II class.

For the history thing, are you talking about World Area Studies? That is what I'm taking next year.
Went to this gay meeting, and basically had to learn to suck dick to the teacher. ALso had to apologize for being sarcastic.

Cas is bullshit. I mean come on. Mandatory volunteering? I smell an oxymoron. Structured Creativity? Bullshit. I do my fucking volunteering, and I don't need some reflection and "journals" to help me learn from them.

(For the record, I did all my service and creative hours, it's just that I didn't post them up and do reflections to "help me learn" so I failed :P). IB CAS is pretty much a course in beaurocracy (sp?), in dealing with Bullshit.

Also the fact that I'm failing, while people who do shit, and make up their evidence, makes me sad also :(

Anyways, eh, all you IBers, good luck! Hell begins. Next year, we dine in hell ;)

I wish I could take Physics HL, but not enough people at my school like physics enough to warrant creating the class here.

Still waiting for my Uni results (first year). At A-level, I got A in maths, B in further maths, and C in philosophy (also got a B in AS physics). I hated philosophy (not because I got a low mark in it, honest!), it just felt so useless. Why I continued that onto A level instead of physics I will never know, as I am now doing a physics based degree.

I know I probably could of got straight A's if I applied myself, but hell I'm not going to complain because it was totally my fault and I was an ungrateful dick for not trying harder. This year will be different though, I'm confidently awaiting my awesome grades to come through in the post (although sadly, the marks we get in this year hardly count for shit).

Also... am I the only English person here impressed by all these amazing American grades? Or do you guys just have it easier than us? Every page I scroll through lists at least one dude with straight A's.

I wish I could take Physics HL, but not enough people at my school like physics enough to warrant creating the class here.
Lol, don't feel bad. There's only 4 of us at my school taken HL. We're grouped together with the SL kids. Well, there really is only 3 as the other girl taken Physics isn't all that smart in it, lol.

And Eraddd, me too! I'm pretty good in it, so I should do well for the exam this coming year.

Calculus: A-
History II: A-
AP Bio: B-
English 11 Honors: B
Chinese III: A

Ugh, compared to all the other asians I suck horribly, hell my GPA is below average for even colleges like TCNJ (their average is like a 93, mines is a 91, which is like a 3.4 I think). It's going to be hard to find a good college with all the competition, but at least I might make it into a decent one. I know some asians with really high GPAs who are going to Rutgers, so I don't feel that bad. Hopefully I can do better in college, going to start working hard there.

I just graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA, and only took the highest courses offered (AP classes). Of course the AP classes were weighted when figured into my GPA, but apparently my school has the best AP teachers and most rigorous coursework in the area, so I'd say that I earned that 4.0. Hehe.

Now I'm off to the University of North Texas next semester.
:D

yep, AS and A2 results are always on the third thursday of August. I'm getting my results by email (huzzah) so I might go away for results day!

I don't know if this is appropriate, but can someone explain the British grade scale system? I'm confused with all of this talk, and I know that the North American scale system was described for those who didn't know about that.

A,B,C,D,E and U at AS/A2 (ages 16-18)

A* at A2 next year if you average 90 UMS (standardised score) across all modules of a subject. A* > A

A* > A at GCSE (14-16 years old) as well, but that's just determined subject by subject rather than a set requirement.

Much simpler than this 4.0 / grades bollocks (!)

well, when you're 15/16 you take GCSES. You usually take about nine or ten - mine were English, English Literature, Religious Education, Double Science (that's a less advanced level of science, but I still did Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Classical Civilisation, Spanish, Art, Maths). GCSEs are marked from A* (best) to E (worst). Anything from A*-C at GCSE is considered a decent pass.

Compulsory schooling ends at that point. You can continue for another two years, and you take A levels. You take AS exams at the end of the first year, which count for half the overall mark, and A2s at the end of the second year.

A levels are graded from A to E. These are all passes. There are three more possible grades for A levels, being the lowest scores - U, N, and X. (if you get U, it was unmarked; N, no mark, and X, you didn't sit the paper).

Again, anything from A-C is considered a decent A level pass.
A levels are worth a certain amount of 'points' to a university - some universities will make their offers to you based on actual grades, but some will make their offers based on points. For example, I was offered BBB from Cardiff University, but 280 points from Swansea University (which translates to BBC). Points are generally a bit more flexible because if I got, for instance, ABD, I'd still get my offer from Swansea where I'd fail it for Cardiff.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Its pretty much all been said, at A2 point scores are as follows for grades:
A*-140
A-120
B-100
C-80
D-60
E-40

UMS points are what your percentage in your exams are translated into, you don't need 100% in your exam for 100% UMS, usually its around 93%.

For A* you need an A in AS and 90% UMS in A2.

Don't get A*s me, I'm the last year without them, as is suppose is akuchi, so I don't have to worry about that crap thank god. Shit, my offer is fuck hard enough to meet anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)