Final Grades/GPA thread/School/University Discussion

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It surprises me how incredibly high marks are here

In my school here in Belgium the very best student of the final grade had an average of 78% while mine was all just over half (a few below too)

Are schools in America that easy? Or is everyone just lying here? As i can't believe that this place is filled with genuises
It's usually grade inflation. My friends in America all have 100s and many people in my school including me beat them in all standardized testing like the SATs and IB tests.

I'm assuming you'll be at University?
yeah, I'm a member of UC, though I'm not too sure what that means since I'm not living on residence. I guess that's where your "support group" is, or maybe it's just where your faculty is located? I know a girl in the same program as me (linguistics), living at UC, but her membership is technically with Trinity. Confusing stuff.

I only selected University on the application because it looked like a castle and I wanted to live on res at the time... loool.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
AP and IB scores are out. Post em!

I lost my IB number and PIN so I gotta call up my school and ask tomorrow.

AP scores aren't sent yet.

but yea, okay, i got a 4 on spanish (at least i am done with that dumb language now!) and a 5 on physics (which is more than literally everyone else i have asked).

Lol, I have to take all of my IB exams this year. Oh pobre :(

Projecting just average grades for the exams; hoping to get 5's on most of them. Planning for a 7 in history, and like a 6 or 7 in ITGS. Hoping for a good score in physics.

I'm doing pretty badly. If I don't maintain a 3.3 Primary Score, I won't be able to declare Business Economics as my major. T_T Right now, my Primary Score is 3.0 so I'll need to get a B+ in every one of my classes from now on. That's pretty hard considering I'm a mediocre student and most college classes are sloped to a B- (though you get a B if you're just slightly above average). I'll have to work hard or declare Economics as my major. Damn UCLA Pre-Econ program...

I got 5's on my APs (Calc BC, USH, Stat, Physics) this year, whew. I did have to pay tons of money for all the phone calls to them, and sending them to colleges -__- Damn collegeboard.

I expect to fail my AP spanish next year though, I'm awful at spanish. But I'll be in college by then.

I'm going to be a sophomore in high school this year. These are my grades from freshman year. Somehow I got an A+ in Geometry even though I slept through class every day.

Biology: A+
World History: A+
P.E. : A+
Information Processing: A+
Geometry A+
Industrial Drafting: A-
English I: A+

I'm hoping to go to Kansas State when I go to college. If I can't, I'll settle for KU.

Just finished my first year as a political science major at UC San Diego

Fall Quarter

Chemistry 11- A
Physics 9- A
MMW 1- A
Introduction to Logic 10- A
GPA: 4.0

Winter Quarter

MMW 2- A-
American Government- A-
Political Inquiry- A-
Great Performances in Film- A
GPA: 3.83

Spring Quarter

MMW 3- A
Comparative Politics- A
International Relations- A
African Music- B+
GPA: 3.84

Overall GPA: 3.88

Pretty happy with myself for my first year of college, definitely not the smartest kid out there at all, but I have a pretty good work ethic and try harder than most kids I go to school with. Overall, college is a lot harder than high school, and I would warn all the high school kids who think that they will just coast because they got 5s on AP tests or 2000+ SAT scores, that its not that easy when everyone else is just as intelligent.

I'm not sure what I got on my AP's because they haven't been sent yet, but a 790 on the Global SAT II sounds like it'll definitely help. Weighted, I ended up with a 3.9 GPA (barely), and an unweighted 95.4% average in my Junior Year. Next year is gonna really suck though, considering I'm taking AP English, AP US History, AP Chemistry, Physics A and a couple other highly demanding courses.

9th grade year:
Class: Semester 1/2
English Honors: B/A
Biology Honors A/A
Algebra 2 Honors: A/A (Had 99.3 for two quaters, highest possible, [stupid 95s for "A"s])
AP Human Geog: B/A
Symphonic Band: A/A (easy A class but I love Bass Clarinet and Baritone!)
PC Support: A/A (the teacher hated me so I got an 89.5 for the 3rd 9wks... never taking that class again)
Spanish 1: A/A (I do not know how I got this because I don't understand a lick of Spanish, and I'm Cuban....)

I currently have a 3.9 GPA and a 4.4 HPA.
Damn English... Although I had a D for 6 weeks until I finally decided to try...
Geog: I never even bothered to study... so I finally CONSIDERED studying .. (I never got around to it though) and I made an A for the second Semester.

Just Graduated High School:
Ap Stats: B, holy shit was that hard, and 3 on the ap test.

Ap Government: B, I could have gotten an A, but my crappy group botched the semester project. I didn't take the ap test for this one.

Ap Comp/Lit: A, easiest English class ever, got an A for basically doing nothing, got 2s on both the lit/lang tests though.

Student tutor: A, no surprise there

Japanese IV H: B, I did basically nothing, as my real teacher went pregnant, and we were stuck with a sub who didn't know anything.

Japanese IV Theme: B, the second of the major program, and was basically the same as the language class. We supposedly explore the culture, but the teacher just sprouted some bull shit for 90 minutes.

Gpa for the term: 3.5 unweighted, aka I slacked off. Last member of the top 25%, graduated in the top 10 of the male class, since our school is 3:1 female to male ratio, like all 10 valedictorians were girls.

Going to a local college, since most other places are too expensive, and I don't qualify for many scholarships.

University of Alberta, Engeneering first year finished with a GPA of 2.6 <_<
It's way harder then i ever expected and F*ck Math120 and linear equations!

Finally got my AP scores

5 AP US
4 AP Lang
5 AP Calc
2 AP Spanish
plus from last year 5 AP Euro

Ick Spanish. Fuck my high school for making IB kids take AP their Junior year -.-

Why am I so slow at finding this thread?

I am an Industrial Engineer at the University of Toronto

My grades were:
Operations Research 1 - 90/A+/4.0
Statistical Design of Experiements - 90/A+/4.0
Data Modelling - 87/A+/4.0
Differential Equations - 80/A-/3.7
Sociology (elective, double weighted) - 87/A+/4.0

Final GPA: 3.95

Why am I so slow at finding this thread?

I am an Industrial Engineer at the University of Toronto

My grades were:
Operations Research 1 - 90/A+/4.0
Statistical Design of Experiements - 90/A+/4.0
Data Modelling - 87/A+/4.0
Differential Equations - 80/A-/3.7
Sociology (elective, double weighted) - 87/A+/4.0

Final GPA: 3.95
How are you finding the difficulty level of your program/ have you heard anything from friends in engineering science?

How are you finding the difficulty level of your program/ have you heard anything from friends in engineering science?
I am finding it quite moderate. Not easy, for sure, but not mind crippling-ly hard. It's a lot of fun because I like what I am studying. As for eng sci, my brother graduated that. I would have done it but I saw how much he had to work and it's A LOT more than normal engineering but man oh man do you learn a lot. If you really are disciplined, smart and like theory and research, eng sci is for you. If you like more practical stuff and doing things, normal engineering is for you but be sure you are informed of the program so you pick the right fit, that's the key. That and not getting drunk/high every day (unless you're my other friend who is top of the class and does this).

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions, be sure to ask!

Orchestra: A (How could I not? All I had to do was show up, but apparently people do get Bs)
Physics: A, AP Test: 5
Calculus: A, AP Test: BC 5, subscore 5
Web Design: A
US History: A, AP Test 4
Database design: A, certification exam passed
English: B, AP Test: 4

So mad about the English. I got As the three previous quarters, and a high B fourth quarter. A and B = B :(

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
World History AP: A, 4 on AP :/
English AP: A, 3 on AP, I was kinda surprised about getting a 3, but I knew I didn't do well since I ran out of time on the test
Calc C & Multivariable: A, 5 on AP
Statistics AP: A, 5 on AP
Chemistry AP: A, 5 on AP
Art 1: A
Spanish 4 honors: A

I just got the results for my exams, I passed the first year of my astrophysics degree with a distinction (that's basically an A grade I believe)! :heart:

I just got the results for my exams, I passed the first year of my astrophysics degree with a distinction (that's basically an A grade I believe)! :heart:
Where are you doing this degree (is thinking of doing physics and astro is my preferred field)?

Man, I screwed up my Sophomore year (3.67 unweighted average), but I had a 4.0 in Freshman year. My extra-curriculars are pretty solid, though. I'm hoping to get a good major (engineering most likely) at UCLA or UC Berkeley since I don't want to go out of state. Too bad these colleges don't count Freshman year making it so much harder for me to get in. Not to mention that they only weight a total of 8 courses (per semester) which is even worse for my case since I signed up for 4 APs next year.

Too bad I got a 4 on my AP Bio. exam. If I had gotten a 5, the teacher would've upped my grade. So do all you guys with APs usually get 5s on your AP Exams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)