Final Grades/GPA thread/School/University Discussion

I get 5's on the subjects I'm good at, which so far happens to be history for sure (got 5 in Euro last year, 5 on US this year). I also got a 5 in Calc AB, so we'll see about next year. Whatever though, you only need 4's on your AP's to get college credit at most colleges.

I just graduated high school. I went to Staten Island Tech which is actually a really good school were everybody works pretty hard. However I basically didn't do anything or show up (especially senior year). They weight your average tremendously though so I got out with a 95. This is however in the bottom 25% of my class.

My AP's were:

US 5
World 5
LIt 4
Eng 5
Poli-Sci 5
SAT: 2250

Which I thought wasn't too bad but this thread has some insane scores.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just grasduated high school. I went to Staten Island Tech which is actually a really good school were everybody works pretty hard. However I basically didn't do anything or show up (especially senior year). They weight your average tremend5ously though so I got out with a 95. This is however in the bottom 25% of my class.

My AP's were:

US 5
World 5
LIt 4
Eng 5
Poli-Sci 5
SAT: 2250

Which I thought wasn't too bad but this thread has some insane scores.
Except for hte guy with the perfect ACTs, most of us are on par, or below with yours. I did get a higher SAT score by 20 (zomg) but you probably kicked my ass in regular GPA. Yours is good.

My AP scores weren't too bad this year:
Calc: 5
Bio: 5
Lit: 3
Comp: 3
Spanish: 2 (bleh)

Add that to my 5 on Chem last year and 3 on Euro it's not too bad.

This is a bit late, but I graduated 8th Grade with a 4.0 in May. I got 100% on my U.S. History Final. I was the first and only to do so since the test was introduced a couple of years ago. My math final was a solid 97% without extra credit given for some more complex equations at the end, which I finished, giving me over 100%. The rest of the finals were so ridiculously easy, and we were so well prepared, that I ended up putting more effort into these two, and, as a result, my others slipped to mid-range As, except for English, at which I excel. I received a 100% on that one as well.

A-level Results for those who are doing them in the UK (exams before University for Americans who have no clue) are this time next week. Imma getting Results Nightmares, but during the day >_>'

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A-level Results for those who are doing them in the UK (exams before University for Americans who have no clue) are this time next week. Imma getting Results Nightmares, but during the day >_>'
Good luck yoshi and others with their A-Level Results! I'm hoping for at least AABB. *fingers crossed*

Here are my end of year Sophomore grades:

PE: A+ (who doesn't get an A+ in PE?)
Upper Band: A+ (again, just show up and you pass)
Math Analysis (basically half pre-cal, half calculus; highest math class for my year): A (fuck calculus)
AP World History: A (fuck history)
English Honors: A+
Chemistry (they don't even offer honors Chem and you have to take this to do AP. It was honestly the easiest class I've ever taken. I was the only sophomore in my class, did the least work, and by far had the highest grade. Fuck Chemistry): A+ (104 or something)
Latin 3: A+ (Best class ever)

Anyways, I'm ranked 2nd in my class right now with a 4.29 or something GPA and I might move up to 1st this year due to me taking more AP's than the current leader (4 this year).

Got a 5 on my AP WH test too :D

Anyone else getting GCSE grades soon?

I think I've done OK, but whatever happens, happens. It's already over now I guess; I just need to know how I did. I shouldn't have anything below an A, but you never know. I probably have a B at most in Geography (got a D in that sweaty anus of a coursework), which will probably be my worst. To give an idea of how horrible this coursework was, I had to map out every single building within about a three quarter mile radius of the local town centre. EVERY SINGLE DAMN BUILDING. It took around 12 hours of scouring the town with a clipboard and a bunch of maps, a job made difficult by random people laughing at me looking like a nerd. I even got a gang of fucking delinquent chav kids kicking a football at me at one point, and calling me a girl (lol). And after all this work and what I thought was actually a decent write-up, I get a D. I can manage an A on the exam I guess, but the coursework is 25% of the grade so I'm screwed when it comes to geography basically. Not that it's a particularly important subject, but it's still a bummer.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone else getting GCSE grades soon?

I think I've done OK, but whatever happens, happens. It's already over now I guess; I just need to know how I did. I shouldn't have anything below an A, but you never know. I probably have a B at most in Geography (got a D in that sweaty anus of a coursework), which will probably be my worst. To give an idea of how horrible this coursework was, I had to map out every single building within about a three quarter mile radius of the local town centre. EVERY SINGLE DAMN BUILDING. It took around 12 hours of scouring the town with a clipboard and a bunch of maps, a job made difficult by random people laughing at me looking like a nerd. I even got a gang of fucking delinquent chav kids kicking a football at me at one point, and calling me a girl (lol). And after all this work and what I thought was actually a decent write-up, I get a D. I can manage an A on the exam I guess, but the coursework is 25% of the grade so I'm screwed when it comes to geography basically. Not that it's a particularly important subject, but it's still a bummer.
Geography Coursework is no fun, I remember. For mine two years ago, I had to stand at the side of the road and count fucking cars, people were giving me such bad looks, it was horrible. Opposite for me though, my coursework was an A or A* I think but my exam was pathetic and I got a B overall luckily.

Geography Coursework is no fun, I remember. For mine two years ago, I had to stand at the side of the road and count fucking cars, people were giving me such bad looks, it was horrible. Opposite for me though, my coursework was an A or A* I think but my exam was pathetic and I got a B overall luckily.
Pretty much the same (even for grades). I had to compare a local town to a rural village - we got a choice of two villages and the visit to them was rained off at 11:30 am. I found pre-GCSE Geography interesting, the GCSE just put me off.

I've also got Spanish GCSE Thursday 27th, as well as my AS' this Thursday (did Spanish in 2 years, starting in Year 11) :G

I was tearing my hair out so badly at that geography though, lol. All for nothing probably. But hey, results on the 27th and soon I'll know everything.

I've already got an A* in core science and a B in DiDA (lol DiDA) in the bag, but that's all I know right now. Additional Science, Maths, English, English Lit, History, Geography, Spanish and German are the ones I'm waiting on. I guess I'll make sixth form unless I've crashed and burned entirely but I'm quite confident about my grades.

I'm kind of late, but whatever. I graduated high school with IB (I thought it was a total waste of time [and a whole lot of money!], pretty much only good for putting on college applications, although I suppose because I'm getting units from IB as well as AP I'm almost at junior standing now and get to enroll extra-early next quarter) and am going to UCLA this fall.

AP Calculus BC - A (5 on AP, 7 on IB HL)
AP English Lit - A (5 on AP, 6 on IB HL)
Philosophy IB - A (7 on IB SL)
3D Design - A
AP Statistics - A
AP Macroeconomics - A (5 on AP)
AP Chemistry - A (5 on AP, 6 on IB HL)

I was really surprised I got a 7 on IB Math. It was a pretty hard test to begin with, and IB's funky notation didn't help much. If anything, Chemistry was the IB test I would have most expected the 7 in, but whatever.

I got C's on both the Theory of Knowledge essay and Extended Essay. I just laughed when I saw that - my philosophy teacher gave my ToK essay an A+, and my extended essay won me around $8000 in scholarship money.

Eraddd

One Pixel
I'm kind of late, but whatever. I graduated high school with IB (I thought it was a total waste of time [and a whole lot of money!], pretty much only good for putting on college applications, although I suppose because I'm getting units from IB as well as AP I'm almost at junior standing now and get to enroll extra-early next quarter) and am going to UCLA this fall.

3D Design - A
AP Statistics - A

I was really surprised I got a 7 on IB Math. It was a pretty hard test to begin with, and IB's funky notation didn't help much. If anything, Chemistry was the IB test I would have most expected the 7 in, but whatever.

I got C's on both the Theory of Knowledge essay and Extended Essay. I just laughed when I saw that - my philosophy teacher gave my ToK essay an A+, and my extended essay won me around $8000 in scholarship money.
You only have 4 IB courses out of the 6 needed to graduate with diploma o.O unless you did certificate (which is highly unlikely because why would you EE and TOK essay then?)

Also, philosophy is an SL course? I thought TOK is the philosophy class of IB.

3D Design - A
AP Statistics - A

Wait, how did you take the same courses in AP and IB?

Also, I had the same thing happen with my TOK/EE; I didn't get a single bonus point (a C and a D, I think), yet I was predicted much higher by my teachers. I still finished with a 36 I believe.

Any other year 11 Englishmen here waiting for GCSE results?

Getting mine on the 27th (next Thursday) and I'm hoping for all A*s, As and Bs.

You only have 4 IB courses out of the 6 needed to graduate with diploma o.O unless you did certificate (which is highly unlikely because why would you EE and TOK essay then?)

Also, philosophy is an SL course? I thought TOK is the philosophy class of IB.
My other 2 IB courses were junior year (Spanish and Physics SL), which I didn't include. In addition to ToK that everyone must take, Philosophy is an additional IB course that falls into the "whatever" category. My school puts them together (we do both ToK and Philosophy in the same class, but we get an additional Theory of Knowledge independent study class on our transcript, I think) because they figure if you're learning about epistemology for ToK anyways you might as well do the Philosophy IB test.

DaBossMan said:
Wait, how did you take the same courses in AP and IB?
My school did things differently (i.e., didn't follow all of IB's stupid rules and curriculum) and smooshed the AP and IB curriculum into 1 class. (Well, it was more like they taught the AP curriculum because it actually corresponds with what colleges expect in the U.S., and then give you random handouts to read on your own for IB). Apparently now IB is forcing us to follow their curriculum, so I think they're no longer allowing you to do both IB and AP in the same class (you can always take the AP test on your own though, without actually having taken the AP course).

Eraddd

One Pixel
My other 2 IB courses were junior year (Spanish and Physics SL), which I didn't include. In addition to ToK that everyone must take, Philosophy is an additional IB course that falls into the "whatever" category. My school puts them together (we do both ToK and Philosophy in the same class, but we get an additional Theory of Knowledge independent study class on our transcript, I think) because they figure if you're learning about epistemology for ToK anyways you might as well do the Philosophy IB test.

Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

My school did things differently (i.e., didn't follow all of IB's stupid rules and curriculum) and smooshed the AP and IB curriculum into 1 class. (Well, it was more like they taught the AP curriculum because it actually corresponds with what colleges expect in the U.S., and then give you random handouts to read on your own for IB). Apparently now IB is forcing us to follow their curriculum, so I think they're no longer allowing you to do both IB and AP in the same class (you can always take the AP test on your own though, without actually having taken the AP course).
You can still do AP/IB curriculum as you mentioned. I have friends in Chicago who are doing the exact same thing you've described, except they're taking all their IB tests in their senior year.

Got my AS' today.

Maths - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - B (But 1 mark off an A ¬__¬)
German - E (I knew I flopped it :3)

Pleased with them.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
Got my AS':

Politics-A-got 98% in unit 1 and 94% in unit 2
History-A-got 99% in unit 1 and 83% in unit 2
Economics-scraped an A-83% in unit 1 and 79% in unit 2
English Language-B-146/200-I was never going to get an A anyway.

Very pleased with them :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)