flash games - mark 2

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
MARDEK RPG: Chapter 3

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Pseudolonewolf/mardek-rpg-chapter-3

/topic

Seriously, this FORTY HOUR RPG is INSANE. Twice as long and at least as good as what you'll find on a console. Also, it's in 3 parts, and the first two are part of the third, so just click the link to get started with the first.

Also, it has humor. HUMOR, DAMMIT!

This was made by one guy with ABSOLUTELY NO help, and beats 99% of the games on Kongregate.

I think Pseudo did a great job with creating Mardek. It took me a whole month to complete the game :O. The boss battles were so difficult to complete, especially the World's Lost Saviours. Just posting to confirm its awesomeness.

FYI mardek was posted like three pages ago

Still a great flash RPG, though. Haven't finished part 3 yet, but so far it's definitely better than Sonny 2 IMO. Sonny 2 was more challenging (and not the grind-til-yer-better-than-them kind of challenging), though.

The first three chapters of MARDEK RPG have more game-play time than most best sellers you buy at the store. Best flash RPG created, in my opinion. Try fighting the superbosses from chapter 3 and you'll know the true meaning of challenging. It took me over a day to fight the toughest one in the game; and it really gives you a warm feeling when you've taken them down after so much hard work. The personal arenas also were challenging, and lets you find the strength and weaknesses of each character as an individual. Overall, just a great game.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Tower of Heaven was ported to flash with the added level creator.

Just in case you didn't know
Seen Tower of Heaven before, first time playing it. Music and art is beautiful, except for the character. But how do you take a very well coded game and make it play like one that is badly coded? Book of laws apparently. I've played plenty of platformers where you couldn't touch the sides of platforms, it's called bad collision detection. I actually had fun on Level 11 when the Book shattered.

I played Tower of Heaven the other day. It was frustrating and I quit on Level 11, then later came back and beat it. I'm kind of sick of "retro" looking games though.

e7

Your ship lands on a hostile planet with a rocket bomb aimed at the earth, and you're going to stop it. The appeal of this game is in the music and atmosphere, as well as the creative way of jumping: you have to press down to sink into the landscape, then let go to launch yourself, which allows you to overcome walls and bump into enemies. Very, very nice.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seen Tower of Heaven before, first time playing it. Music and art is beautiful, except for the character. But how do you take a very well coded game and make it play like one that is badly coded? Book of laws apparently. I've played plenty of platformers where you couldn't touch the sides of platforms, it's called bad collision detection. I actually had fun on Level 11 when the Book shattered.
sounds to me like you just couldn't hack the challenge

loved this, liked e7 up until the walljumping level

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I beat tower of heaven first try with about 100 deaths, and just beat it yesterday with no deaths to get that medal.

Maybe I've been playing a few to many platformers..

e7 was ok...

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
sounds to me like you just couldn't hack the challenge
The laws just aren't creative and don't really add to the challenge. You already have to bunny hop through the game, so don't touch walls comes up rarely and don't run left is just nagging, but mostly due to less than stellar coding (maybe a flash port thing, but I expect to be able to hit jump and left at the same time and have it count as a jump). "Don't touch living things or yellow blocks" isn't creative because it's not like I don't have to dodge dangerous obstacles in oh every other platformer ever. Even when the book shatters you still have to dodge those skulls blocks. But I actually enjoyed level 11. I wanted more of that.

As far as it looking retro, well unlike other "retro" games it actually looks like a genuine gameboy game.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I didn't even think Sonny 2 was as good as the original. Plus, I got pissed and quit playing after I failed to get The Warden in-game achievement after legitimately fulfilling its requirement. :[ I just finished a complete Mardek 3 file yesterday, though.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I logged onto Flockdraw earlier today, shit was insane. Was it all Smogonites there? There was one really good artist drawing spiky-haired dudes and stuff, I wonder who it was?

Ugh when I logged onto Flockdraw I didnt realize I was in the Smogon chatroom and accidentally deleted someone's pictures. I felt like a dick but then i realized they had already drawn a dick.

I just played through One Step Back, and I have to say, it was not only a lot of fun, but it was really challenging and original, especially past the halfway mark.

Edit: sorry, didn't see the previous mention of both of them. On the other hand, Heir is quite fun too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)