Rules Forum Rules and Simple Questions/Answers

It was for doubles. I used to run a trick room team Gen 6 so that'll be easy to get back into.

For singles though, I imagine it's too slow so trick room might work but you'll just run out of turns first. Thanks.

SR-ing for a shiny zapdos on VC red, keeping in mind that the probability for HP ice upon transfer is really low, what moveset should I go for?

What's generally the preferred EV spread for A-Marowak on battle spot? Is it just the standard attack and speed with a bit thrown into spd, or the bulkier variant(s) I see in set details for OU?

Also I assume Flare blitz is more viable than fire punch there because of the quicker nature of the battles.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What's generally the preferred EV spread for A-Marowak on battle spot? Is it just the standard attack and speed with a bit thrown into spd, or the bulkier variant(s) I see in set details for OU?

Also I assume Flare blitz is more viable than fire punch there because of the quicker nature of the battles.
offensive is adamant 252 attack, usually hit a speed benchmark, and rest in hp

defensive is usually careful max hp and a special defense benchmark, rest in attack

I can't find a definitive answer on this. Will QR teams be allowed in official online competitions like next week's international challenge?

Had a question regarding a mixed wall Ferrothorn set and EV spread. It looks to me that a mixed one fits best for my team hence asking for a possible optimal spread on it. Thanks in advance.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Had a question regarding a mixed wall Ferrothorn set and EV spread. It looks to me that a mixed one fits best for my team hence asking for a possible optimal spread on it. Thanks in advance.
hard to say without knowing what your team is and what you need Ferro to check. I pretty much always use max/max spreads on my ferro

In Battle Spot Double, if I want to speed creep my Ludicolo, what Speed tier should I speed creep. I'm asking for both in rain and outside of rain.

In Battle Spot Double, if I want to speed creep my Ludicolo, what Speed tier should I speed creep. I'm asking for both in rain and outside of rain.
Doubles is not my main tier so we should wait for doubles player such as Demantoid , but imo Ludicolo should run max speed for one main reason: it's already slow, and it needs as much speed as it can, because even with rain up it can't outspeed certain mons. I'll list some speed benchmarks below.

Max Speed Modest, 244 speed in rain: it outspeeds scarf base 95 (like Tapu Lele) by 1 point, being outsped by +1 base 100 (such as Charizard if it uses DD or FCharge), Scarf Nihilego or obviously everything faster.
Max Speed Timid, 268 speed in rain: outspeeds Scarf Jolly Kartana (255) , Scarf Jolly Garchomp (253) and speed ties with scarf base 110 (i'm not sure if scarf Ninetales-A is a thing in doubles, but it outspeeds it). It's outsped by +1 Mega Salamence.

Outside of the rain you hit 122 speed with max evs modest nature, and 134 speed with a timid nature. This means that a Modest nature would not be enough to outspeed max speed base 60 (123).

Anyway, if you don't want to use max speed, here are some other samples:
- Modest, 36 EVs in speed (190 speed), outspeeds base 120.
- Modest, 180 EVs (226), outspeeds Pheromosa
- Timid, 100 EVs (226)
- Timid, 140 EVs (236), outspeeds Scarf Jolly Landorus
- Modest, 220 EVs (236)
- Modest, 84 EVs (201), outspeeds base 130
- Timid, 12 EVs (201)

Last edited:
I have a Scizor that I transferred over via Pokebank, but I can't use it in the battlespot for some reason...I've checked for doubled items and illegal moves, but I can't seem to use it at all? It currently knows all TM moves + Bullet Punch...it also has Defog in its movepool, but its not one of its 4 moves?

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a Scizor that I transferred over via Pokebank, but I can't use it in the battlespot for some reason...I've checked for doubled items and illegal moves, but I can't seem to use it at all? It currently knows all TM moves + Bullet Punch...it also has Defog in its movepool, but its not one of its 4 moves?
Do you know the origins of this Scizor? Did you breed/train it yourself?

Who would be some good Pokémon to pair up with a Hippowdon/Excadrill sand core?
Mixed Mega Salamence manages to beat a lot of things that Hippo/Exca struggle to take on. A grass type like Serperior, Breloom, or Mega Venusaur that can defeat bulky water and ground types compliments the core really well too.

I got a Scyther from a wonder trade, and I used that to breed my Scizor..so yeah I trained it myself
The easiest way for us to evaluate it is if you just take a picture of it and show it here. and you havent told us what gen its from, if its pre-gen 5 it wont be legal.

hmm maybe there are some illegal egg moves you passed on from the WT parent. I think it should be fixed if you breed from the current one again in Sun/Moon (assuming it doesn't have an illegal ball) without passing egg moves if you don't need any, or check if all moves the parent knows are legal for it. I think it could also be very likely it doesn't have the pentagon symbol indicating it was obtained in gen6, which as NOVED said would be the reason for it being banned from online play.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I got a Scyther from a wonder trade, and I used that to breed my Scizor..so yeah I trained it myself
It sounds like your scizor is OK, so my question is what Ball is it in? I know that there have been some issues with Nintendo's hack checks flagging perfectly legal and legitimate Pokemon (specifically scizor, actually) if they're in a Safari (
) or Sport (
) Ball.

(Defog isn't the issue here as it's an Egg Move for Scyther in the later generations, although if this scizor learned it as a TM rather than an EM, then that's your problem. Only stuff originating in gen 6 or 7 can be used in battle spot - these can be identified easily on the Summary screen the the presence of either a blue Pentagon or a black +)

EDIT: Just read that you said you received the parent Scyther through Wonder Trade, meaning that this Scizor originates on gen 6 or 7, so we can eliminate that as the issue.

Last edited:
Which movesets are best for Alolan Muk in Battle Spot Doubles? Its physical movepool seems a bit limited to me for Assault Vest.

EDIT: I usually use Trick Room.

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Which movesets are best for Alolan Muk in Battle Spot Doubles? Its physical movepool seems a bit limited to me for Assault Vest.

EDIT: I usually use Trick Room.
You can probably use generally similar sets to vgc with Poison stab+Knock Off+Protect+Filler. The filler could be a Fire move, Shadow Sneak, Curse, Minimize, Taunt, Rock Slide, Imprison, or Assurance. This is used with figure berry and Gluttony. For an AV set I would use a poison move, knock off, Shadow Sneak, and Rock Slide.

You can probably use generally similar sets to vgc with Poison stab+Knock Off+Protect+Filler. The filler could be a Fire move, Shadow Sneak, Curse, Minimize, Taunt, Rock Slide, Imprison, or Assurance. This is used with figure berry and Gluttony. For an AV set I would use a poison move, knock off, Shadow Sneak, and Rock Slide.
Thanks for the tip!

Assault Vest is really disappointing on Mudsdale. It doesn't survive all that long anyway thanks to all the special attacks in Doubles, and it seems to miss out on KOs even with STAB High Horsepower. Is a Life Orb set better for it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)