French Qualifier - Lyon, June 12th, 2010 - WON BY FROGGY25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all the winners :)
I met froggy and Galooks at London and Birmingham respectively; two awesome guys. Good luck to froggy at Worlds (not that I don't want the UK to win, though :P).

Didn't you use Quick Claw Snorlax or something last year? :P

Hello, i'm all new here, and (i think i will be hated) i'm the electrik-haxxer-unknown-3rd of Lyon's VGC ^^"

I've heard about smogon lot of times but i never took time to have a look. Now i registered because i've seen that all the best players at Lyon were here, so i would like to know you a little bit more.
When i was at the VGC i didn't realized that you all knew each other, it's quite amazing to see international friendships like that.

That's all i wanted to say, you all played very well, sorry again drug duck for the abusive haxx and good game Froggy ; )

Hey Heramy,

welcome to Smogon!

There's no reason for you to get hated on. You are a good player and achieved a good placing in the tournament with a well thought out strategy and probably a unique one as well. My loss against you is okay for me because hax happens and the probabilities of it happening aren't too low if you spam Discharge. I was disappointed of course because I was really tired after the long trip although that's my own problem when I dare coming to France =)

A short question: Didn't you encounter any Groudon or Dialga? I mean, if you encountered those, they would've posed great threats to your team. I can see Groudon getting Ice Beamed by Kyogre but Dialga resisting both Electric and Water as your main form of attacking has the potential to severely damage or sweep your team...

Thanks ^^"

Yea, but in fact Groudon is too slow to cause problems, Jolteon had Plant hidden power (not very powerful =/) and Kyogre can kill him quite easily with water (if i placed rain dance) or Ice.
For Palkia and Dialga, you're right, i'm silly and didn't preview anything to kill them but i managed to kill the ones i've seen thanks to Jolteon's Thunders (not effective but still powerful) or Electivire's Cross-Chops.

But it was my first tournament, i had no idea of the kind of teams i would see, now i know i have to prepare something for them and Abomasnow =P

Sorry if the way I told the story was kind of offensive for you and made you look like a "bad guy". It wasn't my intention.

Can I ask two questions?
1 - Are you going to Hawaii?
2 - For some reason you weren't there when they were giving out the prizes. Did they give you the prize anyway?

Sorry if the way I told the story was kind of offensive for you and made you look like a "bad guy". It wasn't my intention.
It's not a problemn but i feel unconfortable to have won only thanks to haxx...

Can I ask two questions?
1 - Are you going to Hawaii?
2 - For some reason you weren't there when they were giving out the prizes. Did they give you the prize anyway?
After the quarter final i was about to miss my bus to take the return train, so i thought i wouldn't be able to play the semi.
But the staff absolutly wanted me to play it, so i did, but as soon as it was finished i had to go quickly so they gave me the DSi and the Invite at this moment.

I would enjoy to go to hawai but i really don't have the money for ^^"

Technically, I don't think I actually spoke to you... But you knocked out both my brothers round 2 and 3.
Okay you're one of the Mattej brothers ;).
We said to the staff that we didn't want to play together at the 3rd round but they don't accept unfortunately.

Heramy, did arrive on time for your train?

Well, you don't have to feel guilty for the hax Heramy, really ^^. Albert, who finished 2nd, had a huuuge luck during round 3. He would have lost without a doubt if he did not crit my friend with his paralized Giratina xD.

This is a lesson I learned from this first VGC: luck plays a big part in victory ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)