French Qualifier - Lyon, June 12th, 2010 - WON BY FROGGY25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
oh wow, great comeback froggy, congrats

now I feel even more sad that I didn´t get further last week (hint: I beat froggy in R32 in Cologne)

once again, congrats

OK, I should definitly get my eyes checked :P . Well, at least I recognized drug_duck :P ...
Congratulations for your win, froggy. And thanks to all those that put up with me during the day, and hoping to see some of you in Madrid :) .

Oh, and there's a mistake. I said that GALOOKS got 3rd, but he got 4th, since he lost to Albert in the semifinals.

No, I corrected it, I don't know who got 3rd. The only information I can give is that he haxed drug_duck out of top 8 (one confusion turn, that came with Signal Beam, and two fully paralized turns caused by Discharge) and he also had a close match with froggy on the semifinals. His team was Kyogre, Jolteon, Zapdos and Electivire.

EDIT: After seeing the battle again, it was actually only one fully paralized turn, and two Pokémon that got paralized. But the speed cuts were also important to make him lose. I'll put up my Lyon videos after the Madrid qualifier.

Was there with Picollo, Misaki, windie and Flame. Flame and me both made quarters. Flame lost to Albert and I lost to Kyogre/Jolteon/Zapdos/Electivire, one confusion self hit and two PAR (one of them fully PAR) sealed it. Apparently, Ruben met a similar fate in quarters but I won't be going to Madrid.

Vids and warstory with pics coming!

I'm sorry for you Drug_Duck, i didn't see you after the beginning of the finals rounds

Yes i'm 4th because i lost against the finalist. The 3rd disappeared after his match and he wasn't on the podium to take his Nintendo DSi. So maybe he intents to go to Madrid or he took his Dsi and left to take and train.
What happened to Piccolo?

Massi, will you go to Hawaii?

First message on Smogon ^^

I lost against a Frenchman because of a critical hit that got me into trouble, and because I got nervous and I played very badly in 2 shifts, reach pole Top 8.

but I will go to madrid

YO:

Yes i was the french man and i'm still sorry for this critcial which make very trouble on your strategy

Buena suerte a Madrid

I'm sorry for you Drug_Duck, i didn't see you after the beginning of the finals rounds

Yes i'm 4th because i lost against the finalist. The 3rd disappeared after his match and he wasn't on the podium to take his Nintendo DSi. So maybe he intents to go to Madrid or he took his Dsi and left to take and train.
What happened to Piccolo?

Massi, will you go to Hawaii?

First message on Smogon ^^
Hi Galooks :D

Picollo and windie (the guy whose car we drove to get to Lyon) both lost before finals. Picollo had a Hitmontop weak team and windie played a complete mirror match (Hitmontop + Oger + Palkia + Aboma) and lost because the opponent's Abomasnow got a critical hit on his Palkia.

After all of us were out, we decided to leave the location because we had a 10 hour drive back to Germany and none of us had slept the night before the tourney. I'm sorry I wasn't able to say good bye :( but you were in your semifinal battle. However, I talked to froggy25 after I lost in quarters and told him to win the whole thing for me and apparently he did.

You, last_requiem and froggy all were really nice guys and I am glad I met all of you :) También siento que Rube ha perdido su combate de cuarto de final...

Well... I'm happy for the 2th place, but in the final I played very bad -.- and hitmontop is a problem for my team.... I didn't expect tha double protect with palkia in the final... T_T. RubeNCB will win in Madrid :)

I have a question, I could participe in Madrid if I got the 2th place in lyon?? :s
Just like a training and I will lose before the final... or before the top8...

Sorry for my english... it's not very good D:

@ Albert : No you cannot participate in Madrid because you already obtain an invitation for the world championships. Fortunately you didn't finish 4th because it's the same thing

@ Ruben : It was so funny when Albert critics me in the semi final and you laugh. When i looked at you, i wanted to say you "yeah it's my turn" ^^. And thank you for your fair play ;)

@ Drug Duck : Nice to see you again, it remember me last year in San Diego with Piccolo and Massi. No problem, it was a long trip so i understand you left after your matches ;)

Yeah i lost in R3 against a frenchman ,who lurks on smogon, greetings if you see me ;)

i had dialga,smeargle he lead with dialga,top.... i expected a TR Team but it wasnt a TR Team at all..i should have easily made the TR up with detect or follw me smeargle ,especially after i found out that his Dialga was fast and had a lum berry!... omg what did he against other tops? but i made a stupid first round switch with smeargle to Giratina and he double targets me, while protecting Dialga ... -___-

anyway i had two very nice matches before which were against good players and i played flawless there...so i wasnt sad at all but it shows me again that iam not sure with my teams because VGC 10 is so random...

Well well, Albert, you got some critical hits as I can see ^^. First, you had one against my fellow frenchman in the third round, turning a defeat into an astonishing victory, and then against Galooks !
What a lucky kid you are xD !

Will you go to Worlds?
Yeah finally i join Smogon ;)

I can't spend a lot of money too. I will try to do anything to find the money, maybe ask a Video Game tv, or something like that, but it will be hard or impossible to find it

German team in Lyon was so unlucky ^^

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I feel your pain, guys. I'm trying to plan how to raise the money for a trip to Hawaii in case I don't win a trip at Indianapolis, and I'm realistically not going to be able to come up with the money even though it's like 1/4 of what it'd cost you guys to come :\

Congrats Froggy!
It's such a shame that I wasn't here, especially since Lyon is only 100 km from my home.
Counting on you for winning at Hawaï.

First message on Smogon... oh.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations froggy on your win as it's great to see 2 members whom experienced being unselected by the lottery last year to go on and win it all on the same day this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)