Fulgrate Art thread.

hen da man: Thank you for praising my art.

+++++++

After much research, studying of story act structures, and analysis of the heroes journey. August 6th, I made an outline that I felt was "perfect" for lack of a better term. I've made many re-writes in the past few days, while constantly accumulating knowledge on story-telling in between bouts of writing. Now the next step is to turn the outline of the story into an actual screenplay with dialogue and everything. [lol] This is the fun part, or perhaps, the entire thing is the "fun part", as in, it's all fun.

After finishing the outline, I decided to leave writing the screenplay for my next day off. As I need to rest my BRAINZ, so I decided to work on designs, since that doesn't require much thinking power usually.

The Piera at the bottom next to the HONEYBEE represents the Princess in the present outline down to the tee! Good thing I kept drawing and didn't stop until I got it right.

Druddigong evo, Bisharp speed forme, and Gothitelle offense forme.

Gothitelle offense forme
HP 70
Atk 55
Def 95
SpA 110
SpD 65
Spe 95

An offensively oriented Gothitelle forme.

Bisharp speed forme
HP 65
Atk 100
Def 70
SpA 60
SpD 70
Spe 125

Probably learns new blade based moves like Sacred Sword.

Druddigon evo: Drudinox? Dragon/Fighting?

HP 95
Atk 135
Def 105
SpA 65
SpD 105
Spe 60

Because it has a horn, it will probably learn new moves like Megahorn and Head Smash.

Furosuto: Yeah, he came out perfect on the first try. I was inspired by the performance of Druddigon. I also thought that he looks like he would evolve into a Dragon/Fighting, thus, getting a bonus on the fighting type attacks found in the move pool.

Yilx: Yeah, me too, I was hoping they would make a high speed, steel type knight. Bisharp would be a perfect candidate. My only concern is if he should wield his weapon in hand like Marowak, or have it welded to his arm like normal Bisharp has with his arm blades.

+++++++

Bisharp speed forme with blade welded to the arm, and another try at Gothitelle Power forme.

Also, they finally released SHADOW TAG Gothitelle! Now my team will be done!

Also, I forgot to upload and post this the same day as the Druddi/Bish/Goth pic since I actually started this before that.

Some more movie sketches, I keep drawing a lot to get the design right as well as to calibrate the tablet. You can see the results on two of the pages, where the lines become super smooth in contrast to the rougher areas after figuring out the best settings for digitally inking.

The bee's movie version turned out great, and so did the lobster guy.

I can't wait to color their pic. I hope I don't fail with the colors this time. I still gotta draw a good pic for the Knight and Princess. I won't be using the same names as in the story since they are basically different characters and its a different universe.

Based on the comics though. So some personalities will be different.

I might add these characters to the movie to fill some roles that are empty. Or saved for the next story if other factors come into play.

An attempt at drawing emotions? :noidea:

This turned out semi-okay.

And here is something else entirely. Primalx3 is another of my aliases on the internet.

Edit: The Ogre/Oni guy.

Some new stuff.

Simple Dragon vs Fighting Dragon

Slight re-adjustments of the movie design for some of the characters.

Those dragons faces are FABULOOOOOOUS. I like the movie design characters by the way! Do you have any other information on the movie?

Furosuto: Thanks! I hadn't drawn anything from the comic in a while, so I thought of showing their much awaited dragon fight.

The only other info I have on the movie is the 60+ pages of outlines and notes{20 page file, another thats 10, and another thats 30 I believe, or something along those lines.} Well, it might be more than that. I was thinking about posting a summary, but that would spoil too much and take away from the surprise. I'm still working on the story outline. I keep re-writing it, or I end up writing a new version from scratch. My indecisive mind keeps altering character roles, LOL.

++++++

The Gunslinger's guns and the movie's tykoon bad guy{Who serves the Dragon guy by helping him financially and with items}. The tykoon's mooks are diligant, hard-working individuals who have no individuality. They use to be something else, wether it be pig, bug, elephant, or whatever. They took the pill with the money sign on it, and where transformed into slack weaing, tie tying, straight shirted, mindless minions who follow orders without question. Their weapon of choice is a giant ball point pen that shoots lasers. There are a few that use clipboard shields and there's the even rarer "mortar" types that use staplers as grenade launchers. There are other types, and you can be sure they use some kind of oversized office supply for a weapon. The tykoon himself is an exceptional fighter, trained in the art of using his money cane as a weapon. He's able to go toe to toe with a sword wielder.

The Gunslinger's technique usage is different. Instead of using his weapon to manifest a technique within a moment, he has to make the bullet shell in order to attack with his guns. He makes shells made of pure psi and energy. The shells have different properties and ammo capacities. Red is standard, Green is weakest but has the highest firing rate and amount, Blue shell is above average, Orange shell is a trick shot that ricochets, pink shell is a shot that explodes on impact, purple shell is the strongest normal shot shell, and the half shell is his ultimate technique. It's so strong, the shell is split into two and put into each gun. Both guns have to be together in order to fire this single shot. The gun's second mode is only hypothetical and not guaranteed. It basically enhances any attribute of the shell, such as attack power, speed, range, firing rate, or all at the same time[although diluted] by charging up for some amount of time, the more time it spends charging up, the greater the increase in attribute.

EDIT: Worked some more on the Ogre.

EDIT2: Bolton Dual's shell types.

EDIT3:
Even more stuff.

Knight's blade and stance.

Fighting Dragon, movie version, you can see the simpler, comic design in the middle left.

Knight's techniques.

Princess's techniques and Royal Magnifying Glass. The energy blast she emits from the magnifier disperses the further it travels. With Psi, that power can stay compact and travel in the form of a beam or other similar attack.

The Princess must use psi in order to manipulate the energy into lasers, beams, and arrays. By default, the magnifier alone just lets loose an energy blast like in the image before this.

Question: Is this movie animated or real life? And what's it's name?

Also, love the dragon, and the fact that you are using colours in your pieces of art. It really helps them be brought to life.

Furosuto: The movie, if made, would be 3D, like a Pixar or Dreamworks movie. I'm still working on the outline. This was originally suppose to be a simple story, but it has gotten so much momentum, that I might make it in a different medium such as sequential story telling or a game or something.

Thanks. I wonder if I should mention some details on the Dragon warrior, but it might prove to be to spoilerish. : {

+++++++

An updated pick of the Dragon warrior.

The Elite Knights of the Kingdom.

The Dragon who fights with his fists for melee combat instead of using claws like a normal dragon would.

Black and white art, so I put it in tags.

"New" art, some are old and just never saw the light of day until now. My post got deleted, so I'm just gonna link them numerically. But maybe it was a good thing, I had posted spoilers to my story, perhaps it was for the better that my post deleted itself.

Reason I hadn't posted some till now is because as you can see, theirs some wonky stuff going on with the lines.

Knight with blade and the Princess with her magnifying glass, which she uses to amplify her energy attacks into lasers, blasts, and beams.

Here's some new art and stuff:

Bee girl, possible name: Ibeeya.

The Princess being actiony.

The Knight Gofrido and Princess Pifira. I fixed this image, so it should look more like the reference notes. I totally made the last image without reference notes.

By the way, the weapons where done in illustrator, it's easy to draw structured objects in illustrator and actually pretty handy too.

Worked some more on the Dragon, I can't remember ever getting this far in terms of visual awe:

I still got some more work to do on the teeth and the games which are lacking. I estimate the entire dragon would take 16-30 hours, so I'm just sticking with the head to get better at this. I'm doing this to see if I CAN do this or if its beyond my reach and stuff.

EDIT:

Another UPDATE.

I added MORE.

UPDATE 3:

The "to be or not be" Dragon, not quite finished, has only a few hours of work.

{I used the dragon two posts above this post as the base. Except he's holding a knight helmet instead of lunging at somebody.}It's not quite finished yet, only worked on it about 3-4 hours. I know animal textures from reading over a hundred zoological textbooks in my teens. I don't know metal textures well, and it shows. It isn't lack of skill, but lack of knowledge that prevents me from drawing some things.

Thanks to Yilx for sharing some of the art methods from time to time. The reveal of shading in monochromes before adding color is what finally allowed me to understand shading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)