GameBattles Ladder

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
http://www.gamebattles.com/ds/pokemon/

GameBattles, the ladder site of Major League Gaming, launched their ladder about two weeks ago. You may have heard about this from forum user OdinWolf who is an Administrator for the overall MLG site. Regardless of what may have happened, the ladder is still up, and it is a competitive Pokemon site that is drawing teams together from all over the internet.

Its actually rather simple. You and two friends make a team and then start scheduling your own matches. The rules? Oh, of course they're going to suck, right? Nope. Standard 6v6 OU.

I know we have a lot of Wi-Fi users here, and I'm looking for some competition. Plus, if enough teams join, there is a good chance there will be a monetary prize at the end of the Ladder season and playoffs. That's how MLG works. So basically you win money for playing Pokemon.

Plus, you don't even need a full team of 3 people to compete, although it'll certainly help you have more matches.

Matches are simply played 1 person of a team vs. 1 person of the opposing team. So your wins and losses, plus your team mates wins and losses is your overall score.

Give it a whirl and tell your friends. Win some money from playing Pokemon. You know you want to.

Also, the D/P ladder referee, JesiahTEG, happens to be a Smogon member. If you have any other questions you can ask me or AIM Jesiah at his official GB screen name of 'GB JesiahTEG'.

P.S. - Since teams are small please don't make an official 'Smogon' team as it wont fit who it needs to. If you're considering being a free agent, zerowing needs two teammates still.

Smogon team listing:
plz2beDONT - skarm, TTS, and yamipoli
Wanna? Lose - zerowing, SePh258
PKMN.NET - Dan Dan, some people I've never heard of, I think.
The Usual Suspects - llama-, Silver
Team Galeblaze - Calciphoce (needs members)
Manbearpig - Chozo (needs members)

Just PM me your teams so I can update them on here. Let's see how many we can get.

Hi to everyone. I'm the referee for the Gamebattles Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Clan Ladder. I've been working with Skarm lately in order to recruit new teams to the Ladder. Depending on how many teams we receive, the cash prize will be bigger for the winner. Here is how the ladder works:

The fall season ladder is currently in session. Normal ladder play will end on December 31st. Depending on your team's ranking, you will be seeded for the playoffs. There is a cutoff point, so only a certain number of teams will make it. The winner of the playoffs/championship receives a cash prize.

If everything goes well, we're hoping for at least 200 teams to participate. Right now there are about 95 teams. If you want to enjoy fun, competitive Pokemon Diamond/Pearl play in a ladder, then Gamebattles the right place. We are working hard to satisfy everyone's needs, and taking everyone's opinions on how to make the ladder better into consideration.

If you have any questions, feel free to AIM me on my screename. GB JesiahTEG. Thank you, have a good day, and thanks to Skarm for helping me with this.

Actually I remember talking to zerowing about this on one of the forums, and I'm currently a part of MLG so I'd like to sign up.

Problem being, the interface is sort of confusing for me (no offense intended, I'm just a big dummy) so I'm not sure how to work all of this stuff out. When I get home today I'll start working more hardcore on it.

I'm available if Zerowing wants a partner, though I'm really only available on wi fi on saturdays and sundays, and none of my friends will ever play on wi fi

I'm also a bit confused about the rules, but I'd love to try to win money by playing one of the best games ever!
And without going out the state, either!

Actually I remember talking to zerowing about this on one of the forums, and I'm currently a part of MLG so I'd like to sign up.

Problem being, the interface is sort of confusing for me (no offense intended, I'm just a big dummy) so I'm not sure how to work all of this stuff out. When I get home today I'll start working more hardcore on it.
If you want me to walk you through how to sign up, contact me on AIM. My screenname is GB JesiahTEG.

Being a free agent is OK, but if I were you guys I would make a team, and invite other free agents. You can't participate if your a free agent.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
And mind you then you're just going to be starting from further behind. Make a team or something, there's at least 3 people here which is a full team.

And mind you then you're just going to be starting from further behind. Make a team or something, there's at least 3 people here which is a full team.
When I try to, it says "There are currently no active Pokemon Diamond/Pearl ladders/tournaments for this region.", no matter what I put in the criteria.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
Keep trying. I had that error when I first tried too. Also, the site screws up sometimes so keep scrolling down. I noticed when I made my team I had to scroll down like two pages to find the team creation options.

Well, for some reason the gamebattles site hates me, and claims my username is taken, even though when I perform a user search nothing comes up.

._.

I signed up for the site and activated, but somehow stuff doesn't work. D:

I'm open to join a team if people are looking for somebody. I can look for others, but thought I should volunteer.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if anyone I know wants to team up im game (I only really want to be on a team with people i know sorry!)

Yeah, I keep trying that too. Maybe it takes longer to process than expected, or a bunch of people are joining at once?
I tryed logging into the regular MLG site and got in without a prob >.>

I'm guessing too many people are joining at once

I had the same login problem when I registered, even after changing my pass and trying again. It eventually worked, though, so I believe it's a time delay issue.

Also, Free Agent yay? Add a 187 to my smogon name for MLG ID.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
Any idea on the rules, or are they still being worked out? I mean, like, will the Smogon OU list be the same as the GameBattles, ect. I mean, they are still detabing on sleep clause and what pokemon are going to be uber.

Finally managed to sign up and log in, after a couple of errors but I made it! Also looking for a team to join/start up, I want to get going in this asap!

Alright, I'm glad you guys are starting to get in. This ladder promises to be a lot of fun, and I thank you all for joining. Keep 'em coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)