GameBattles Ladder

Does anyone know when this starts? It sounds interesint, I'm actually already registered for a league, If anyone is interested there is a pokemon league beginning at the end of this month on www.wifiwars.com and also a Brawl league when it comes out. Its a very new site, so I figured I'd let you guys know about this.

I was going to be on a team with gouki and strangerdanger, but they picked Blue kirby over me because he had a convenient time zone -_-

I am looking for the best of the best smogon battlers to join my team.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just posting to say that after my current team, Wanna? Lose (with Seph/Zerowing) wins/loses the playoffs, that i'm leaving my team to join up with Gouki and Blue Kirby in our new team, YOUR HEAD IMPLODE, looking to scour the boards to the number 1 spot.

My team finished 2nd place last season, and we lost first in the playoffs because of my teammate, DrkrZen, lol. Though, we're looking to bounce back this season. "Galactic Elements" FTW! xD

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
GameBattles is a complete and utter joke now. StrangerDanger did our playoff battle and ended up losing but was suspicious about our opponents Cradily and sure enough it was hacked and had something like 556 EVs, which we then took a picture of. We submitted a ticket and everything, and our opponent still got the advancement. Not only that but the admin (Scramble) was rude and unresponsive. I sent an email detailing the situation to Stealth, who I assume is the head honcho, I guess he brushed it off and hasn't replied and my second ticket with even more evidence was closed by Scramble saying something retarded.

I now refuse to participate in GameBattles, not only because the people who are supposed to help don't do shit, but cheating is not only ok, but rewarded and given advancement despite a plethora of evidence to support that he was cheating.

Bunch of shit if you ask me.

Stranger Danger actually called me and explained what happened in his playoff match to me. I'm sorry to hear that.

I started off as the head Referee of the ladder, and tried my hardest to keep peace and hackers from ruining the ladder. However, I came to the same conclusion that Zerowing did, and left Gamebattles for WiFi Wars.
A few differences between Gamebattles and WiFi Wars:

1. The admins at WiFi Wars seem like actual people. You can talk to them on AIM, PM them, and E-Mail them, and you will get a reply that's well written, and your points clearly acknowledged.

2.The admins at WiFi Wars know about competitive Pokemon, and they care about what happens at WiFi Wars. Both of these aspects combined, the ladder will prove to be successful and enjoyable.

I will say though, although I dislike the way Gamebattles is run, Zerowing, you are not part of the solution. Back when I worked for Gamebattles, you became referee and I got many, many complaints about how you didn't do your job well, or even at all sometimes. If I recall correctly, you never participated in nearly any matches, and disappeared from GB like, a quarter of the way through the season. In order for a ladder to actually be successful, people need to participate. Obviously, you're more civil and a more respectable battler/person than most of the participants on the Gamebattles ladder now. You can't expect a ladder to be respectful and well run if the only people that play are people with a 5th grade reading level. Also, even after I left Gamebattles I received countless IM's from people who were cheated just like you were. I recommended them to you, since you were the referee at the time, and gave them your GB screen name. You were never on that screename, resulting in people being left cheated, just as you were.

You can't really call something "a bunch of shit" if you weren't helping in anyway. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike you or anything, because I barely know you. I just don't think you're justified to rip on Gamebattles when you were part of the problem.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was part of the problem?

Back when I worked for Gamebattles, you became referee and I got many, many complaints about how you didn't do your job well, or even at all sometimes.
I don't know anything about not doing my job, when I was on AIM or even received messages through GameBattles I responded right away, I did what was asked of me and answered any questions people needed.

If I recall correctly, you never participated in nearly any matches, and disappeared from GB like, a quarter of the way through the season. In order for a ladder to actually be successful, people need to participate.
I disappeared because there was little need for me to battle, I still answered questions via AIM and on the forums, I just didn't battle as often but I was still very active in GameBattles. My team was still battling and I was still helping out.

Also, even after I left Gamebattles I received countless IM's from people who were cheated just like you were. I recommended them to you, since you were the referee at the time, and gave them your GB screen name. You were never on that screename, resulting in people being left cheated, just as you were.
I've gotten plenty of IMs while my AIM was off (offline IMs) when I returned, but I am one person, I cannot be on at all hours of the day, I have my own life to worry about first. The GameBattles staff even said don't be on your username if you cannot help, which was the case when I am at work or school. My GameBattles screen name was linked to my normal screen name so when I was on my computer, I was on GameBattles.

I just don't think you're justified to rip on Gamebattles when you were part of the problem.
I think the complete opposite, I wasn't part of any problem. The way GameBattles chooses to run their playoffs is not on me in anyway. I feel completely justified in complaining because I did my job while I was staff despite these claims of being unhelpful I attended to anyone that needed help while I was available, if people are complaining that I was unhelpful, despite me not being available need their heads checked, how can I possibly help if I am attending to real life matters? I wasn't the only staff on the ladder at the time I was on there were at least 4 other refs/admins around.

I did my job while I was there, I just don't see how me being a ref relates to total asinine and idiotic console admins who are unhelpful and allow cheaters to do shit like this. Especially the main guy who runs the site, thats what really pisses me off. The Pokemon ladder is just an afterthought to them and they don't give a shit, compared to ladders like Halo 3, Call of Duty, and Gears of War. If they just let cheating like that happen in the playoffs, why does the whole ladder season even matter?

Well you are right about them not really caring about the Pokemon ladder. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about it there. If it makes you feel better, I'm not playing on their ladder anymore either LOL.

hey guys, keep 'um coming :)

to be honest it has been along time since i did any pokemon battling perse. i havent picked up D/P in months. however, i have been busy with pro-gaming lately with my halo 3 and CoD4 teams in gamebattles. i probably will not compete in the pokemon ladder but i know alot about gamebattles/MLG since i have a member of since 2006. have fun! and let me know if i can help.

I've been doing my best to help GB out recently too, actually. To be honest, when submitting tickets, they don't seem to know what they're talking about when you submit your ticket, so when explaining it you always have to put into parenthesis something that you know they can relate to. Such as, if you busted a team cheating, say that you went into a trade and caught them cheating, then go into depth as to how they cheated. When saying hacks, say that it's against the rules. Pretty sad that they don't have good refs and/or admins that actually know they're talking about anymore. All of the good ones left recently. =/

I considered being a ref/admin on GB, but then changed my mind after seeing the amount of people on GB that hate me. To be honest, I think I was there #1 most active player on the site. I agree, the ladder is a complete joke now and is in need of more admins and refs.

I had proof that both of my opponents cheated. Several varieties of proof. I even had an AIM conversation that didn't count for anything at all, with my opponent laughing at me because he told me RIGHT on AIM that he cheated and used hacks against me, but knew nothing would happen against him because the conversation couldn't be used. I even had pictures but they wouldn't allow those to be used as proof either. So what the hell do they consider as proof? I quit this ladder until they brighten up.

Overall, I'm also completely disappointed at the way things are being ran there. Both my teammate and I are probably not going to participate again, and'll probably head to wifiwars or something. In all seriousness, this is one of the complaints some other team disputed after his match with them:

[URL="http://gamebattles.com/profile/imGONAtelMYmomy" said:
imGONAtelMYmomy[/URL] from Mega GUNK]He was using a hacked blissy and possibly a hacked starmie The blissey had seismic toss which it cant even learn and the starmie barely took any damage on a Super effective attack
In addition to that, he was also complaining about Starmie having T-Bolt as well >_>

So yeah...shows you the quality of some of the battlers there (not all, just some). Not very good.

Hahaha, that just sucks. I was supose participate in this season, but for some reason I felt it would suck. Anyway, good luck to all who are battling there.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I know the Pokemon GB ladder is practically dead, like this thread, but I thought I would give it another chance. I'm looking to join someone else from here's clan, or they join mine, whatever is easier. I was 9-0 first season(Team Shiny Suicune, you might have played me), with like 3 or 4 of them against top 16 teams in the first season, but after a match that furiated me,(because the guy I beat was one of the moderators/admin guys(whatever they are called on the ladder) and he said I cheated against him, so it ended up being a disputed match, and it just furiated me aboutthe stupidity of the moderators/admins, because I crushed him in the battle and his team was garbage. I didn't bother playing in season 2.

Anyway, If you want me to be in your clan, or you want to join mine, I'm up for it. I just want to be in a clan with more people so we can get a lot of matches. Either pm me or post here. If you want to play me on shoddy to see if I'm good enough I don't care, but I made it to the top 20's on shoddy in 2 days, but due to me not going on shoddy in 2 weeks, I dropped to 90 something. My Shoddy nick is BlueCookies27.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)