Pet Mod [Gen 1] FutureProofing (Complete)

Geez i'm the only one who voted for my subs? Damn..
*Ahem* Metal Sound, i'm usually in for more fighting moves but no fighting type will ever make any use of heavy slam with their pitiful defenses (except for poliwrath but it doesn't learn the move anyway), so no one besides Rhydon and Steelix (MAYBE Blastoise as well) are going to run heavy slam, and i don't want fighting types to feel even more worthless than they already are by being outclassed by rock types at their own game.

Last edited:
Geez i'm the only one who voted for my subs? Damn..
*Ahem* Metal Sound, i'm usually in for more fighting moves but no fighting type will ever make any use of heavy slam with their pitiful defenses (except for poliwrath but it doesn't learn the move anyway), so no one besides Rhydon and Steelix (MAYBE Blastoise as well) are going to run heavy slam, and i don't want fighting types to feel even more worthless than they already are by being outclassed by rock types at their own game.
(rhydon would the same damage to normals with stab eq, no need for it to waste a slot on heavy slam. steelix obv would run it.
the biggest recipient is probably lapras tho, covering its one bad matchup.

but overall your general point stands about it not helping fighting types
(im not saying thats good or bad, im j addressing some of the specific things u said like rhydon running this move even tho it doesnt do any more than stab eq)

Last edited:
It's been 24 hours, and by a vote of 3-2, Heavy Slam wins the tiebreaker!
Move: Heavy Slam
Type: Fighting
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
PP: 16
Effect: User's Def is used as its Atk stat
Distribution: :blastoise: :nidoking: :nidoqueen: :golem: :rhydon: :onix: :lickitung: :lapras: :dragonite: :steelix: :machamp:
Justification: Cool Fighting type option that plays with their unreliable STAB options.
And here are the final distributions of the winning moves
Taunt::ekans::arbok::electabuzz::voltorb::electrode::ralts::kirlia::gardevoir::hitmonchan::drowzee::hypno::magmar::grimer::muk::parasect::meowth::persian::mankey::primeape::scyther::scizor::koffing::weezing::mew:
Heavy Slam::blastoise::nidoking::nidoqueen::geodude::graveler::golem::rhydon::onix::steelix::lickitung::lapras::machamp::poliwrath::dragonite:
Fleur Cannon::butterfree::parasect::vileplume::venusaur:

Lastly, I'm thinking of holding roomtours for FutureProofing after Slate 7 next week, so be on the lookout for that!

With that, let's start Slate 7!
--------------------------------------
- Pokémon Slate 4 -

This slate is a Pokemon Slate, where you can add any future gen Dark, Steel, and Fairy-type Pokémon to the metagame!
Rules (Also on the OP)
- During Pokemon slates, you will sub any future generation Dark, Steel, or Fairy-type Pokemon and adapt it into a Gen 1 environment by changing their typing, stats, and movepool.
- You are allowed to sub 1 Pokemon of each type during the slate. You must specify which voting category your Pokemon fits into (as denoted on the submission template below), which covers for cases like Bisharp or Grimmsnarl, who have multiple future typings.
- When subbing Pokemon, you will change their typing (obviously), as well as their stats and movepools. Movepools are based on their current generation movepools, automatically including any move they learn that exists in Gen 1 + any moves added to the mod through Move Slates that they already learn (keep this in mind if you sub anything that learns Snarl, Steel Wing, or Strange Steam).
- Pokemon subs can be vetoed if they are broken, so try to stay in OU's power level. This especially important for Slate 1 as we don't want to change the power level of the metagame that much so early.
- Eligible Pokemon from Legends: Arceus can be submitted, including Qwilfish-Hisui, Overqwil, Sliggo-Hisui, Goodra-Hisui, and Enamorus.
- Future Gen Pokemon who have a Mega Evolution that give them one of the eligible types are allowed to be subbed as their base form. This allows you to sub Altaria and Audino as Fairies.
- To decide what gets added to the metagame, we'll use a non-ranked vote. Whichever sub gets the most votes in each category will win and get added to the metagame, giving us ~3 new Pokemon each slate and ~30 new Pokemon throughout the mod.
- Any prevolutions of the Pokemon you sub that win will automatically be added. Their stats, typing, and movepools will be decided by council based on your winning sub, so you do not have to include these with your submission.
- Submissions for Pokemon slates last 5 days, with 1 day of voting and 1 day of a discussion phase

Pokémon: (The name of the Pokemon you're submitting. It must be an existing Pokemon from a future generation)
Category: (The category you're submitting to, being either Dark, Steel, or Fairy. It must be one of the typings it has in the current generation)
New Type: (The type of the Pokemon you're submitting. You can only use the types that exist in Gen 1)
Stats: (The stats of the Pokemon. Remember that Gen 1 only has 5 stats because Special Attack and Special Defense are the same stat.)
New Moves: (Any new moves you're giving to the Pokemon you're submitting. Remember that the Pokemon's base movepoll is based on what moves it currently learns that exist in Gen 1)
Removed Moves: (Any moves you're removing from the Pokemon's base movepool. Remember that the Pokemon's base movepoll is based on what moves it currently learns that exist in Gen 1)
Competitive Overview: (A brief competitive description of the Pokemon you're submitting, what it does in the metagame, and why you think it should be added.)

Blank Template
Pokémon:
Category:
New Type:
Stats:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview:

Submissions will tentatively end in 5 days, potentially longer because I'll be away around the time the slate ends

Last edited:
:incineroar:
Pokémon: Incineroar
Category: Dark
New Type: Fire/Fighting
Stats: 95 HP / 120 ATK / 90 DEF / 80 SPC/ 65 SPE
New Moves: Heavy slam.
Removed Moves: Leech life, thunder punch & everything from the other gens.
Competitive Overview: Incineroar and Arcanine are essentially two sides of the same coin, they are both bulky fire types with 80 special and +100 attack that represent domestic animals; what sets them apart is that Incineroar gives up 30 points in speed to get more bulk, better movepool and uh...a better typing?

-Low kick/Double Kick/Submission
-Sword dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Body Slam/Hyper Beam

What makes Incineroar so interesting is that it can be unpredictable, nobody wants to switch in on a boosted Incineroar with right moves and most of OU is either one or two shotted by it depending on the amount of SDs used beforehand.
It's still a fire/fighting type though, so beware of Psychics and surf.

-Bind/Fire spin
-Body slam
-Taunt/Either one of the trapping moves
-Earthquake/Hyper beam/Fire Blast

The asbolutely best way to irritate your opponent is to trap them to death while they are parazyled, this Incineroar prefers to come in the late game when everyone is either weak or paralyzed so it can slowly finish the job, taunt is also there in case you want to cripple mons that rely on set up.

EDIT: Well, since skye subbed a (better) Skamrory...
:durant:
Pokémon: Durant
Category: Steel
New Type: Bug/Ground
Stats: 60 HP / 110 ATK / 110 DEF / 50 SPC / 105 SPE
New Moves: Leech life, harden, Twineedle, Earthquake and sword dance.
Removed Moves: Thunder wave & anything that wasn't in RBY.
Competitive Overview: Durant is tied with Scyther for the fastest bug type in the game, but unlike Scyther it has one of the best dual types in the game (definitely the best among the bug mons at least), being Bug/Ground means it can safely switch in on jolteon (that isn't running body slam) and has a great match up against the rock types + Steelix.

-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Sword dance
-Agility/Twineedle/Body slam/Mega drain

Durant can hit anything really hard, if something (that isn't itself) resists earthquake then it's weak to either rock slide or twineedle and with SD on top it can easily sweep; Agility can be useful to negate PRZ and against the likes of Zam and Starmie while Mega drain makes the rhydon/Steelix matchup better.

:diancie:
Pokémon: Diancie
Category: Fairy
New Type: Rock/Ice
Stats: 70 HP / 100 ATK / 100 DEF / 100 SPC / 50 SPC
New Moves: Earthquake, Heavy slam, Ice beam and Blizzard.
Removed Moves: Amnesia and non gen 1 moves.
Competitive Overview: Bulky mon that can resist normal and blizzard while also being able to hit hard on both sides, you already know this thing is OU.

-Rock Slide
-Blizzard
-Body slam/Substitute
-Earthquake/Heavy slam

Diancie is a very threatning pokemon in RBY OU, its STABs and stats are nothing to sleep on, however, Diance has many physical weaknesses, so ANYTHING that runs a fighting move is either faster, strong enough to OHKO or both.

Last edited:
:ss/tapu koko:
Pokémon: Tapu Koko
New Type:

Stats: 80 / 95 / 80 / 95 / 125 [475 BST]
New Moves: Heavy Slam, Recover, Submission
Removed Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Punch
Competitive Overview: Fast fighting type that can shutdown opposing status with taunt and spread para itself with twave while abusing natures madness.
Agility, Double Team, Fly, Hyper Beam, Light Screen, Mirror Move, Nature's Madness, Quick Attack, Reflect, Recover, Rest, Roar, Screech, Sky Attack, Steel Wing, Submission, Substitute, Swift, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Taunt, Withdraw

:ss/Yveltal:
Pokémon: Yveltal
New Type:

Stats: 126 / 131 / 99 / 131 / 99 [586 BST]
New Moves: Acid, Strange Steam
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: A cover legend able to rival the power of Mewtwo with its expansive movepool and great typi- oh wait nevermind.
Acid, Body Slam, Cut, Disable, Double Team, Dream Eater, Fly, Gust, Hyper Beam, Psychic, Razor Wind, Rest, Rock Slide, Sky Attack, Snarl, Steel Wing, Strange Steam, Substitute, Swift, Taunt, Toxic

:ss/Stakataka:
Pokémon: Stakataka
Category:Steel
New Type:

Stats: 61 / 111 / 181 / 31 / 13 [397 BST]
New Moves: Self-Destruct
Removed Moves: N/A
Competitive Overview: Very physically fat normal resist that can pivot with Bind.
Bide, Bind, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Harden, Heavy Slam, Light Screen, Mega Kick, Reflect, Rest, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Self-Destruct, Stomp, Substitute, Tackle, Take Down, Toxic

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Pokémon: Skarmory
New Type: Rock/Flying
Stats: 65/80/140/70/70 (425)
New Moves: Snarl, Heavy Slam, Body Slam
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: Fat Aerodactyl definitely finds value in the tier as a Normal resist and a Ground immunity. SD potentially goes hard.

Skarmory
- Drill Peck / Steel Wing
- Snarl / Rock Slide
- Heavy Slam / Body Slam
- Rest / Swords Dance

Agility, Body Slam, Counter, Cut, Double Team, Double-Edge, Drill Peck, Flash, Fly, Fury Attack, Heavy Slam, Leer, Mimic, Peck, Rest, Roar, Rock Slide, Sand Attack, Sky Attack, Slash, Snarl, Substitute, Swift, Swords Dance, Toxic, Whirlwind, Wing Attack

Pokémon: Azumarill
New Type: Normal/Water
Stats: 100/80/80/60/50 (370)
New Moves: Heavy Slam
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: Amnesia user in the vein of Slowbro. Ends up being walled by Waters without DEdge, but it’s bulk could also allow it to fit Sing to stop them.

Azumarill
- Amnesia
- Blizzard / Hydro Pump
- Hyper Beam
- Double Edge/Body Slam/Sing

Amnesia, Blizzard, Body Slam, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Defense Curl, Dig, Double Team, Double-Edge, Headbutt, Heavy Slam, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Light Screen, Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Mimic, Rest, Seismic Toss, Sing, Slam, Splash, Strength, Substitute, Supersonic, Surf, Swift, Tackle, Tail Whip, Toxic, Water Gun, Waterfall

Pokémon: Houndoom
New Type: Fire
Stats: 75/90/50/120/115 (450)
New Moves:
Removed Moves: Snarl, Fire Spin, Super Fang
Competitive Overview: An offensive Fire in the vein of Moltres. Has the speed for Tauros and the special. Based on a discord chat about ‘what if Arcanine was good?’ Movepool is pretty narrow and clicking Fire Blast in a game where freeze is broken can go bad fast.

Houndoom
- Fire Blast
- Counter
- Double Edge / Hyper Beam
- Taunt

Bite, Body Slam, Counter, Double Team, Double-Edge, Dream Eater, Ember, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Headbutt, Hyper Beam, Leer, Mimic, Rage, Rest, Roar, Smog, Solar Beam, Strength, Substitute, Swift, Toxic, Taunt

Last edited:
:ss/tapu-bulu:
Pokemon: Tapu Bulu
New Type: Grass
Stats: 70/85/115/110/75
New Moves: Razor Leaf
Removed Moves: Swords Dance
Competitive Overview: Tapu Bulu is a Grass-type that uses Nature's Madness combined with Razor Leaf or Mega Drain for STAB and HB & Snarl/RSlide for good damage. Also boasts Leech Seed, Taunt, & Reflect for utility. Nature's Madness is just really good to the point where Super Fang gave Raticate a niche in normal play. Something like that given to a good pokemon makes for a fairly good pokemon.

:ss/duraludon:
Pokémon: Duraludon
New Type: Rock / Dragon
Stats: 70 / 95 / 115 / 110 / 85
New Moves: Earthquake, Ice Beam, Flamethrower
Removed Moves: Thunder Wave
Competitive Overview: swords dance sweeper or paraspreader, having sadly its only STAB be Snarl, wich isnt too bad since its offensive stats are good, and its defensive stats as well. it has alright coverage in ice, electric and fire, and earthquake if you go solely physical. Heavy Slam also gos off its highest stat, defense, wich hits 115, wich is quite nice. (quickly after posting this i realized it got Slash, wich i dont think would be run, and rock slide, wich is only 5 BP over snarl anyway and has 90% acc instead of 100%.)

Last edited:
Hello!

Normally, submissions would end today, but I'm on vacation and I really wanna do a proper sub review to help bump up the quality of submissions and I don't wanna close subs until 24 hours after I'm able to do that. Thus, voting will begin, at the absolute earliest, on Wednesday and Friday at the latest. Just be sure to stay tuned for that.

Also, a little useful tip, you can see what the full movepool of the Pokemon you're subbing is by typing /ms [pokemon], gen1, natdex, all on Pokemon Showdown. This is extremely useful for catching potentially problematic moves and having a better idea of what your sub can already do. Just be sure to also check what added moves your sub learns (particularly Taunt, Steel Wing, Heavy Slam, and Snarl, since those are common).

That's all for now, see you soon!

Very overdue, but I'm finally here with the promised sub review! These are just my thoughts on your submissions, how they could be improved, and if they're in danger of getting vetoed. Keep in mind that these are just my opinions, so, unless it's a veto warning, you don't have to take my advice, just consider it

:incineroar:
Pokémon: Incineroar
New Type: Fire/Fighting
Stats: 95 HP / 120 ATK / 90 DEF / 80 SPC/ 65 SPE
New Moves: Heavy slam.
Removed Moves: Leech life, thunder punch & everything from the other gens.
Competitive Overview: Incineroar and Arcanine are essentially two sides of the same coin, they are both bulky fire types with 80 special and +100 attack that represent domestic animals; what sets them apart is that Incineroar gives up 30 points in speed to get more bulk, better movepool and uh...a better typing?
-Low kick/Double Kick/Submission
-Sword dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Body Slam/Hyper Beam
What makes Incineroar so interesting is that it can be unpredictable, nobody wants to switch in on a boosted Incineroar with right moves and most of OU is either one or two shotted by it depending on the amount of SDs used beforehand.
It's still a fire/fighting type though, so beware of Psychics and surf.

:skarmory:
New Type: Flying/Fighting
Stats: 70 HP / 80 ATK / 130 DEF / 60 SPC / 75 SPE
New Moves: Egg bomb, Heavy slam, Harden, Body slam, Hyper beam and soft boiled (yes, you read that right)
Removed Moves: Rock slide + anything that wasn't in RBY.
Competitive Overview: Skarmory has a very unique typing and niche in RBY OU, it's the only pokemon in the whole game that is immune to EQ and neutral to Rock slide as well as being the single best user of heavy slam, making it the perfect counter to the likes of Rhydon and Steelix.
It can also OHKO Chansey with Heavy slam after a single harden (i never thought i'd say this) and has a 49% chance of doing the same to Tauros.
-Drill peck
-Heavy slam
-Body slam
-Hyper beam
-Soft boiled
-Taunt
-Harden
-Agility
-Sword dance
There's no standard set for Skarmory, it can play wall, hyper offense or both, unfortunately Skarmory is held back by its poor stats outside of deffense, it doesn't want to be paralized at all and Taunt users just ruin its day.

:diancie:
Pokémon: Diancie
New Type: Rock/Ice
Stats: 65 HP / 100 ATK / 100 DEF / 100 SPC / 50 SPC
New Moves: Earthquake, Heavy slam, Ice beam and Blizzard.
Removed Moves: Non gen 1 moves.
Competitive Overview: Normal and Ice resistance? With Rock slide, blizzard and AMNESIA on top!?
-Rock Slide
-Blizzard
-Amnesia
-Earthquake/Heavy slam/Rest
Diancie is a very threatning pokemon in RBY OU, some say it's basically Tobybro but better, however, unlike Slowbro Diance has many physical weaknesses, so ANYTHING that runs a fighting move is either faster, strong enough to OHKO or both
:incineroar: A bit odd, but it could certainly function as a lategame cleaner with SD or a Fire Spin pivot that can force out Normals, though it does massively compete with Scizor in the former role and Spiritomb in the latter role, so I'm not too sure if this'll be viable, but it's not that bad. Also, you can definitely let it keep Leech Life, it's only 20 BP this gen. Same goes for Thunder Punch, it's pretty weak on this and only useful for Slowbro, so they should be okay to keep
:skarmory: Another kinda weird one that I don't think will end up being too viable because of its atrocious typing and low special bulk, meaning that it can't setup on or beat anything other than Non-Ice move Lax, Rhydon, or Steelix. Its movepool makes it just about decent I suppose
:diancie: This one is a bit spooky, as Rock/Ice is a pretty amazing typing in Gen 1, so with this having an great typing, great moves, good stats, and Amnesia is simply too much. Remove Amnesia and this'll be a pretty good sub, being a decent Ice-type that can break Chansey

New Type:

Competitive Overview: Fast fighting type that can shutdown opposing status with taunt and spread para itself with twave while abusing natures madness.
Agility, Double Team, Fly, Hyper Beam, Light Screen, Mirror Move, Nature's Madness, Quick Attack, Reflect, Recover, Rest, Roar, Screech, Sky Attack, Steel Wing, Submission, Substitute, Swift, Taunt, Thunder Wave, Taunt, Withdraw

New Type:

Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: A cover legend able to rival the power of Mewtwo with its expansive movepool and great typi- oh wait nevermind.
Acid, Body Slam, Cut, Disable, Double Team, Dream Eater, Fly, Gust, Hyper Beam, Psychic, Razor Wind, Rest, Rock Slide, Sky Attack, Snarl, Steel Wing, Strange Steam, Substitute, Swift, Taunt, Toxic

:ss/Stakataka:
Pokémon: Stakataka
Category:Steel
New Type:

Stats: 61 / 111 / 181 / 31 / 13 [397 BST]
New Moves: Self-Destruct
Removed Moves: N/A
Competitive Overview: Very physically fat normal resist that can pivot with Bind.
Bide, Bind, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Harden, Light Screen, Mega Kick, Reflect, Rest, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Self-Destruct, Stomp, Substitute, Tackle, Take Down, Toxic
:tapu koko: Not really sure how to feel about this one. On one hand, it has an absolutely insane movepool with good stats, broken move Recover, and STAB for the Big 3, Nature's Madness, decent bulk for what it is, and TWave. But on the other, it's a pure Fighting-type that gets abused by every Psychic and Ghost + Steelix + Zapdos. Overall, I think it'll be decent enough as is, as weird as it is. Could be a little annoying to manuever around with TWave, Madness, and Fighting STAB, though
:yveltal: Love this thing. Not sure if it'll actually be viable at all though, since all it has are bulk, Steel Wing, and Psychic
:stakataka: Seems like a weird intersection between Rhydon and Steelix that'll end up being worse than both. Comparable to Golem, but Golem might also be better than it. Might suggest changing its type to make it more desirable in some way. Also worth noting that this does get Heavy Slam

New Moves: Snarl, Heavy Slam
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: Fat Aerodactyl definitely finds value in the tier as a Normal resist and a Ground immunity. SD potentially goes hard.

Skarmory
- Drill Peck / Steel Wing
- Snarl / Rock Slide
- Heavy Slam
- Rest / Swords Dance

Agility, Counter, Cut, Double Team, Double-Edge, Drill Peck, Flash, Fly, Fury Attack, Leer, Mimic, Peck, Rest, Roar, Rock Slide, Sand Attack, Sky Attack, Slash, Substitute, Swift, Swords Dance, Toxic, Whirlwind, Wing Attack

Pokémon: Azumarill
New Type: Normal/Water
Stats: 100/60/80/80/50 (370)
New Moves: Heavy Slam
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: Amnesia user in the vein of Slowbro. Ends up being walled by Waters without DEdge, but it’s bulk could also allow it to fit Sing to stop them.

Azumarill
- Amnesia
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Double Edge/Sing

Pokémon: Houndoom
New Type: Fire
Stats: 75/90/50/120/115 (450)
New Moves:
Removed Moves: Snarl, Fire Spin, Super Fang
Competitive Overview: An offensive Fire in the vein of Moltres. Has the speed for Tauros and the special. Based on a discord chat about ‘what if Arcanine was good?’

Houndoom
- Fire Blast
- Sludge
- Double Edge
- Taunt
:skarmory: I like this take on Skarmory, though it might also suffer from having a poor defensive type that makes it tough to setup or wall much. At least being a Normal resist that immediately threatens the Big 3 gives it a few more entry opportunities, but I fear that its Special bulk is really gonna hold it back. Might wanna see it in action before deciding that it needs more Special though. juoean in the Discord suggested adding Body Slam to threaten paras when the Normals you wall switch out and I like that idea too
:azumarill: I like it. Very similar to Eve's Slate 1 Azumarill sub, though this one has higher Special and lower Attack. I think I do like Eve's version a bit more, but either way I like the idea of Azu as an Amnesia mon, something we've somehow managed to not add yet
:houndoom: Looks kinda insane on paper, but should be perfectly fine with it being just a fast Moltres without Agility or Fire Spin or Flying STAB at the end of the day. Also, if you're giving it Sludge, make sure to to add that to the New Moves section

:ss/tapu-bulu:
Pokemon: Tapu Bulu
New Type: Grass
Stats: 70/85/115/110/75
New Moves: Razor Leaf
Removed Moves: Swords Dance
Competitive Overview: Tapu Bulu is a Grass-type that uses Nature's Madness combined with Razor Leaf or Mega Drain for STAB and HB & Snarl/RSlide for good damage. Also boasts Leech Seed, Taunt, & Reflect for utility. Nature's Madness is just really good to the point where Super Fang gave Raticate a niche in normal play. Something like that given to a good pokemon makes for a fairly good pokemon.
:tapu bulu: Seems alright, Nature's Madness is a lot better on a mon with Hyper Beam or Fleur Cannon since if you can 2HKO something with Nature's Madness -> Special move, you could've just used that Special move twice, so it only eases prediction. 110 Spc + Razor Leaf is pretty high and it is really bulky, though it doesn't have much else going for it

:ss/duraludon:
Pokémon: Duraludon
New Type: Rock / Dragon
Stats: 70 / 95 / 115 / 110 / 85
New Moves: Earthquake, Ice Beam, Flamethrower
Removed Moves: none
Competitive Overview: swords dance sweeper or paraspreader, having sadly its only STAB be Snarl, wich isnt too bad since its offensive stats are good, and its defensive stats as well. it has alright coverage in ice, electric and fire, and earthquake if you go solely physical. Heavy Slam also gos off its highest stat, defense, wich hits 115, wich is quite nice. (quickly after posting this i realized it got Slash, wich i dont think would be run, and rock slide, wich is only 5 BP over snarl anyway and has 90% acc instead of 100%.)
:duraludon: This would probably be a pretty great mon, kinda like a better Kabutops with a slightly worse defensive typing trading being weak to Electric for being weak to Blizzard. With that in mind, I'd recommend removing Thunder Wave, since it's stats and typing are so good that it can spread it very easily and be threatening with all of its other options

And that's all! With this, voting will finally start in 24 hours! See you then!

Last edited:
:rs/sharpedo:
Pokémon: Sharpedo
New Type:

Stats: 70 / 120 / 40 / 95 / 95
New Moves: Dragon Rage
Removed Moves: Super Fang, Snarl
Competitive Overview: My "theme" for this slate is to add mons of types that we haven't added yet, which are just Water, Ice, and Electric, starting with Water with Sharpedo. Sharpedo is a unique mixed attacking Water-type, trading Kabutops' defensive utility and Swords Dance for being stronger on both sides and faster, which can make it a menace to weakened or paralyzed teams. 95 is unfortunately not as good of a Speed tier as Sharpedo wishes it could be, so plenty of Pokemon can outspeed and revenge kill it, and being a Water-type that doesn't resist Blizzard sucks (though at least it's not weak to Electric), but it'll be a bit tough to switch into late in the game as long as you keep it safe
Sharpedo
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Slash
- Hyper Beam
Agility, Bite, Blizzard, Double Team, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Focus Energy, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Leer, Mimic, Rage, Rest, Roar, Screech, Skull Bash, Slash, Strength, Substitute, Surf, Swift, Take Down, Thrash, Toxic, Waterfall, Taunt, Dragon Rage

:bw/klinklang:
Pokémon: Klinklang
New Type:

Stats: 60 / 100 / 115 / 70 / 90
New Moves: Body Slam, Double-Edge, Take Down, Heavy Slam
Removed Moves: Bind
Competitive Overview: Klinklang is the complete opposite of what a Gen 1 Electric-type is, being a physically bulky physical attacker with poor Special and only decent Speed. Electric is a pretty interesting type to be a physical wall with, as still being weak to EQ sucks, but you can tank Flying moves from Dragonite and Zapdos well while your Electric resistance makes up for having low Special. This combination allows Klinklang to be a decent physical stopgap that can spread paralysis and threaten the usual Electric switch-in of Chansey with a strong Heavy Slam. Klinklang is stonewalled by Rhydon and Steelix, can't do much to stuff that resists Fighting and isn't weak to TBolt like Alakazam, and has to rely on Rest to stay healthy, however. Also, you could try to use Gear Up, but you probably won't get far since it doesn't boost Heavy Slam
Klinklang
- Thunderbolt
- Heavy Slam
- Thunder Wave
- Hyper Beam / Rest
Double Team, Hyper Beam, Rest, Screech, Substitute, Thunder, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Toxic, Vise Grip, Gear Up, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Take Down, Heavy Slam

:sm/ninetales-alola:
Pokémon: Ninetales-Alola
New Type:

Stats: 73 / 80 / 75 / 84 / 109
New Moves: Ninetales' movepool + Blizzard, Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, Mist, Fake Tears, Slash
Removed Moves: Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Ember
Competitive Overview: If I kept Ninetales-A's stats the same, it'd probably just be a better Jynx that doesn't resist Electric, so instead I got a little move creative. Ninetales-A has two big things going it, being its high Speed that makes it the fastest Blizzard spammer in the game by a good margin, and access to Slash. While its offensive stats are low, the sheer power of STAB Blizzard and Slash make Ninetales an absolute menace late game. That is the thing, however, that early on, Ninetales is very easy to switch into when counters like Chansey and Starmie are healthy and not statused, so Ninetales-A needs a lot of help to break through. It
Ninetales-Alola
- Blizzard
- Slash
- Ice Beam
- Hyper Beam / Rest
Bide, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Dig, Hyper Beam, Mimic, Rage, Reflect, Rest, Skull Bash, Substitute, Swift, Tail Whip, Double-Edge, Double Team, Ember, Quick Attack, Roar, Take Down, Toxic, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, Mist, Fake Tears, Slash

Retiring Sneasel for this slate but man I love recycling subs
:swsh/Dedenne:
Pokémon: Dedenne
New Type: Electric/Psychic
Stats:
77 HP / 58 Atk / 67 Def / 108 Spc / 101 Spe (411 BST)
New Moves: Psychic, Teleport
Removed Moves: Everything past gen 1
Competitive Overview: Explicitly less speed and special than both Alakazam and Gengar. However, this mon gets Thunder Wave, meaning it could potentially paralyze the powerful grand ghostly Gengar and then fire off Psychic on it because for some fucking reason the one mon that should have been viable to fuck with Psychic types is fucking weak to Psychic moves (Jesus what were the gen 1 devs thinking). Basically, you’re taking out some of Zam’s vital offenses in exchange for an extra STAB.

Last edited:
Voting starts now!

We will have a ranked vote for each category, meaning that each submission you vote for receives points based on how you rank them. The submission with the most points in each category will be added to the metagame.

You may vote for up to 3 subs in each category. You may vote for your own sub in each category, but you can't vote for it in first place or as your only vote. If multiple people submitted the same Pokémon in the same category, please specify the submission you're voting for by putting the submitter's username next to it

Voting Example
If you vote for 3 Pokémon
Dark
Pokémon A - Gets 3 points
Pokémon B - Gets 2 points
Pokémon C - Gets 1 point

If you vote for 2 Pokémon
Dark
Pokémon A - Gets 2 points
Pokémon B - Gets 1 point

If you vote for 1 Pokémon
Dark
Pokémon A - Gets 1 point
Dark
Dark Pokémon A
Dark Pokémon B
Dark Pokémon C

Steel
Steel Pokémon A
Steel Pokémon B
Steel Pokémon C

Fairy
Fairy Pokémon A
Fairy Pokémon B
Fairy Pokémon C

For each category, you may vote for 3 submissions. You may vote for your own submission in every category, but if can't be your only vote in that category or you're first place vote. For example:
Dark
Pokémon A (SV)

Would be an illegal ballot, but

Dark
Pokémon B
Pokémon A (SV)
Pokémon C

Would be legal

Each Pokémon you vote for in each category also has to be in the same category, so the following would be illegal
Dark
Dark Pokémon A (SV)
Fairy Pokémon B
Steel Pokémon C

But this would be legal
Dark
Dark Pokémon A (SV)
Dark Pokémon B
Dark Pokémon C

For the first time we actually do have a veto this slate, but because this is the first veto of the entire mod and because it was from a last second sub, I will allow you to make the necessary nerfs needed to make the sub legal. If you do, any votes for it are valid. If not, any votes for it are invalid.
:durant:
Pokémon: Durant
New Type: Bug/Ground
Stats: 55 HP / 110 ATK / 110 DEF / 50 SPC / 110 SPE
New Moves: Leech life, harden, Twineedle, Earthquake and sword dance.
Removed Moves: anything that wasn't in RBY.
Competitive Overview: Durant is the fastest bug type in the game and arguably has one of the best dual types in the game (definitely the best among the bug mons), being Bug/Ground means it can safely switch in on jolteon (that isn't running body slam) and has a great match up against the rock types + Steelix.
This sub is just a smidge too powerful between the great stats, typing, and movepool that make it a terrifying sweeper with limited defensive counterplay. Thus, I recommend that you make it so that it doesn't speed tie with Tauros (so just make it 109 Speed like vanilla Durant, or 105 if you want a nicer number) and remove Thunder Wave from its movepool

Voting will end in 24 hours

Retiring Sneasel for this slate but man I love recycling subs
:swsh/Dedenne:
Pokémon: Dedenne
New Type: Electric/Psychic
Stats:
77 HP / 58 Atk / 67 Def / 108 Spc / 101 Spe (411 BST)
New Moves: Psychic, Teleport
Removed Moves: Everything past gen 1 + Super Fang
Competitive Overview: Explicitly less speed and special than both Alakazam and Gengar. However, this mon gets Thunder Wave, meaning it could potentially paralyze the powerful grand ghostly Gengar and then fire off Psychic on it because for some fucking reason the one mon that should have been viable to fuck with Psychic types is fucking weak to Psychic moves (Jesus what were the gen 1 devs thinking). Basically, you’re taking out some of Zam’s vital offenses in exchange for an extra STAB.
(u know alakazam already gets thunder wave right?)

this submission is pretty confusing, giving it teleport is consistent ig but obv not relevant competitively since the move does nothing, dedenne doesnt get recover so idk why it would be similar to zam, or starmie which can run psy + tbolt. and since the whole description j focuses on it getting thunder wave

obv this is walled by chansey and idk what it offers over other special attackers, or even over like raichu aside from slightly more power if u want to compare to another electric not walled by rhydon.

super fang would prob give it a much better chance to be viable, id recommend maybe adding that back in, or buffing it in some other way

Ema Skye

Work!
Dark: Yveltal, Houndoom (SV), Sharpedo
Steel: Duraludon, Skarmory (SV), Klinklang
Fairy: Tapu Koko, Azumarill (SV), Diancie

Last edited:
Dark: Houndoom, Sharpedo (SV), Yveltal
Steel: Skarmory, Duraludon, Klinklang (SV)
Fairy: Azumarill, Ninetales-Alola (SV), Tapu Koko

Voting is now over, let's see what Pokemon will join the metagame!
Dark
Sharpedo - 3 + 1 + 2 = 6
Incineroar - 2 + 3 = 5
Yveltal - 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 7
Houndoom - 2 + 1 + 3 = 6

Steel
Skarmory - 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 11

Durant - 2 = 2
Duraludon - 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 7
Klinklang - 1 + 1 = 2
Stakataka - 2 = 2

Fairy
Ninetales-A - 3 + 2 = 5
Diancie - 2 + 1 + 1 = 4
Tapu Bulu - 1 = 1
Tapu Koko - 3 + 2 + 1 = 6
Azumarill - 2 + 3 = 5
Dedenne - 3 = 3

Welcome Yveltal, Skarmory, and Tapu Koko to the metagame!
New Type:

Removed Moves:
New Moves: Snarl, Heavy Slam, Body Slam
Removed Moves:
New Type:

none lol

Now, we'll have a another 24 hour discussion phase as I get these coded!

In the meantime, I wanna run roomtours for FutureProofing sometime this week, so to decide what day it should be on, you can answer the poll on at the top of the screen!

See you tomorrow for (tentatively) the last move slate!

Ema Skye

Work!
Don't have much to say on the new stuff so instead, I wanted to talk VR. Might be kinda helpful for the room tours if people are looking to play.

S: :tauros: :snorlax::chansey:
The tried and true big three. There have been a few things attempting to challenge their throne (Taunt for the latter two), but they are still comfortable staples.
A+: :starmie: :jynx: :tyranitar:
Tyranitar covers Rhydon's main niche as a Normal resist, and yet also has the special and access to TWave. Reflect Chansey/Lax are big pains for it, but neither generally does much to it outside of freeze fish. Not being Blizzard weak is huge. Starmie is the same thing, but is more valuable because it beats Jynx. Fake Tears Jynx has no switchins outside of Starmie and Chansey, and between an unused Kiss, Psychic drops and freeze, nothing really wants to switch into Jynx except for paralyzed Starmie or Chansey
A: :exeggutor: :alakazam: :tapu-koko:
Egg is about the same, but Alakazam drops a bit because it no longer checks Jynx. Koko threatens the big three, spreads para and does big chip with Nature's Madness, but it's generally unable to threaten the A-tier Psychics outside of paralyzing them. It completely sits on Snorlax though, chipping it with Nature's Madness into a Submission KO.
B+: :zapdos: :cloyster: :altaria::steelix:
Altaria is generally inferior to the other Normals due to its blizzard weakness, but its stronger special carves out a niche with its access to Blizzard, which gives it a powerful tool to navigate around typical Normal resists. Zapdos/Cloyster are generally unchanged.Steelix is similar to Tyranitar, with the bulk to effectively be a Normal resist, and has Heavy Slam to completely check them. Explosion scares Psychics from coming in on it, and Bind pivots are generally the icing on the cake. However, it's generally unable to deal much damage.
B: :rhydon: :gardevoir: :gengar: :jolteon: :skarmory:
Rhydon's drop is largely due to Tyranitar, but even its new addition of Heavy Slam leaves it unable to break Reflect Chansey. Without a Psychic resist, Gardevoir is generally inferior to the other Psychics (and it loses to Chansey which is sad), but BoltBeam through Ice Punch lets it act like a worse Tradebacks Zam. Skarmory struggles with Ice coverage on Normals, as well as the Psychics, but generally beats sets lacking them, and it lacks the utility of Tyranitar and Steelix.
B-: :slowbro: :hydreigon: :spiritomb: :scizor::aerodactyl:
Hydreigon spreads para relatively freely, and with its phenomenal special and Recover, it boasts surprising longevity despite being weak to nearly every relevant move. Spiritomb offers Fire Spin pivots and Normal immunity, as well as lacking a Psychic weakness, but without Explosion, it really can't threaten much and is worse than Gengar. Scizor is a Tauros-level cleaner with enough paralysis, but it offers no defensive utility as it doesn't check anything, and so you're effectively playing 6-5 to create the Scizor wincon. Aerodactyl offers a more offensive route than Skarmory, still dealing well against the Normals if it avoids their Ice/Electric coverage and the paralysis, but struggles due to the physical attacking nature of the tier.

[FutureProofing Underused Cutoff]
C+: :lapras: :articuno: :moltres: :persian: :victreebel: :yveltal: :mr.-mime:
C: :dragonite: :golem: :porygon:
D+: :kingler: :sandslash: :kabutops: :venusaur: :hypno:
D: :kangaskhan: :poliwrath: :omastar: :raichu:
E: :machamp: :clefable: :parasect:

Not much down here has changed. Yveltal is worse Hydreigon due to lacking Recover and Thunder Wave. Mr. Mime is a Koko sidegrade that offers more defensive utility due to checking other Psychics, as a crit Submission KOs Chansey after Nature's Madness. Parasect switches in on nothing, but nothing wants to switch into it between Spore and Fleur Cannon (which has so many KO paths after Nature's Madness).

Unviable New Additions: :escavalier: :whimsicott:
Escavalier is a frailer Rhydon that can't check Zapdos. It threatens Psychics once in, but it always has to take a hit using its mediocre special. Whims never breaks Chansey, and its typing is limited to only checking Starmie.

Last edited:
High time to stuff the (tentatively) final move slate!

- Move Slate 4 -
Rules
- During Move slates, you will sub any future generation Dark, Steel, or Fairy-type move and adapt it into a Gen 1 environment by changing its typing, effect, base power, and distribution (note that the moves' final distribution is ultimately decided by council)
- You will be allowed to sub 1 Dark move, 1 Steel move, and 1 Fairy move during Move slates, which one of each being added to the metagame at the end of the slate. You don't have to specify categories like in Pokémon slates because moves can only have 1 type anyway
- Note that type categories are decided by type in Gen 1. Normal, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Bug, Poison, Ghost, and Rock are Physical, while Grass, Fire, Water, Psychic, Dragon, Electric, and Ice are Special.
- When adapting moves, try to keep the feel of the original but be sure to stay within the limits of Gen 1, so you cannot add any new major mechanics with the moves you're adding (i.e. If you subbed Ceaseless Edge, you couldn't make it set Spikes because Spikes don't exist in Gen 1. Instead, you could give the move a poison chance or make it a partial trapping move). If you add a more minor mechanic (i.e. if you made Ceaseless Edge deal a little damage for a few turns after use but not as a trapping move), it may be allowed, but that is up to the council's discretion
- Moves from Legends: Arceus are allowed to be subbed (this applies to Pokémon as well). This means that you can submit Ceaseless Edge, Springtide Storm, and Shelter during move slates
- Submissions for Move slates last 5 days, with 1 day of voting and 1 day of a discussion phase
- Voting works the same as it does for Pokémon slates (which are now Ranked Votes, I'll update the OP in a bit)
Move: (Name of the slate move you're adapting)
Type: (New type of the move)
Power: (Base Power of the move)
Accuracy: (The Accuracy of the move, a multiple of 5 between 30% and 100%. Put -- if it has perfect accuracy or doesn't have an accuracy check)
PP: (Power Points of the move. Must be a multiple of 5)
Effect: (Any effects of the move, like secondary effects, or inherent effects like Counter's.)
Distribution: (Possible distribution of the move. Remember that council can add or remove Pokemon from your list if your sub wins)
Justification: (A brief competitive description of the move you're submitting, what it does in the metagame, how it buffs the Pokemon you're giving to, and why you think it should be added.)

Blank Template
Move:
Type:
Power:
Accuracy:
PP:
Effect:
Distribution:
Justification:
Move: Knock Off
Type:

Power: 65
PP: 20
Effect: Deals 1.5x damage if the target is statused. Removes their status condition.
Distribution::persian::lickitung::dodrio::clefable::wigglytuff::raticate::beedrill::dewgong::golduck::hitmonlee::kingler::machamp::sandslash:
Justification: Neat option to abuse how common status conditions are in RBY and allow you to remove unwanted status conditions a la Haze, like un-paralyzing a Chansey so you can try to freeze it later. Does have the downside of allowing your opponent to undo your progress if they play around it well, though, and it competes with generally good move Body Slam

Submissions will end in 5 days

Ema Skye

Work!
Move: Nasty Plot
Type: Dark
Power: --
PP: 32
Effect: Raises user's special by 2.
Distribution: :pikachu: :ninetales: :meowth: :drowzee: :zubat: :mr.-mime: :tangela: :nidoran-m:
Justification: This meta has become very different from normal RBY, which I'm not really a fan of. This meta is very focused on physical attackers, which are removing Starmie, Chansey and, especially, Alakazam from the format, as their primary purpose in walling each other is much less needed. Nasty Plot attempts to fix that, by creating some very powerful special breakers. This is completely balanced, as Tradebacks shows, and honestly feels needed to make this still feel like an RBY OU metagame, instead of a custom Gen1 meta. Fast Fake Tears users also exist to create some counterplay.

Move: (G-Max) Meltdown
Type: Ice
Power: 70
Accuracy: --
PP: 32
Effect: This move never misses.
Distribution: :abra: :gastly: :mankey: :machop: :grimer: :mr.-mime: :electabuzz: :lapras: :jynx: :ralts: :drowzee: :blastoise:
Justification: Weaker Ice Punch to bring back some special breakers to the tier. Adds BoltBeam coverage for Mr. Mime, Gengar, Muk and Electabuzz, which encourages running more special walls. Another Tradebacks reference to prove that it's a balanced idea. Balances out the meta a bit instead of stacking a bunch of physical mons.

Move: Play Rough
Type: Fighting
Power: 65
Accuracy: 95
PP: 24
Effect: 30% chance to lower foe's Attack
Distribution: :machop: :mankey: :poliwrath: :hitmonchan: :kirlia::electabuzz: :ponyta: :tapu-koko::pinsir:
Justification: Here's your Fighting-type move. Same BP as Rolling Kick so it won't be meta warping, but it is definitely an upgrade over Submission. Atk drop reapplies paralysis drop which can get really funny. Honestly should've subbed this in Slate 2 because it's the perfect Fighting STAB without breaking the meta and just gets the job done. Also makes Electabuzz/Rapidash viable if their tradebacks incarnations are any indication.

Last edited:
Move: Iron defense
Type: Rock
Power: -
Accuracy: -
PP: 15
Effect: Raises defense by 2 stages
Distribution: :onix: :geodude: :rhyhorn: :kabuto: :omanyte: :aerodactyl: :machop: :skarmory:
Justification: SD for heavy slam.

Move: Hone claws
Type: Normal
Power: -
Accuracy: -
Effect: Raises attack and accuracy by 1 stage.
Distribution: :meowth: :kabuto: :mankey: :psyduck: :growlithe: :charmander: :vulpix: :eevee: :aerodactyl: :altaria: :nidoran-m: :nidoran-f::yveltal: :diglett::magmar:
Justification: Nice set up move for physical attackers and can be used by anyone who relies on non 90-100% accurate moves.

Move: Disarming voice
Type: Bug
Power: 60
Effect: Can't miss.
Distribution: All bug types + :zubat: :jigglypuff: :ralts:
Justification: Every Bug mon deserves STAB and fighting needs to resist something beyond rock slide/snarl.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)