Pet Mod [Gen 1] FutureProofing (Complete)

:grimmsnarl:
Pokémon: Grimmsnarl
Category: Fairy
New Type: Poison/Fighting
Stats: 95 HP / 120 Atk / 75 Def / 75 Spec / 70 Spe
New Moves: Sludge, Submission, Snarl, Seismic toss, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Ice Beam & Blizzard.
Removed Moves: Elemental punches and anything from the later gens.
Competitive Overview: Grimmsnarl is an unique fighting type, its special stat is 75 (the highest of all fighting types) which means it can make use of its elemental coverage (...unlike Hitmonchan), UNFORTUNATELY, its typing (arguably the WORST dual typing in the game), lack of EQ and Rock slide as well as any set up move to make up for its poor defensive typing and speed really hurts Grimmsnarl's viability, making it nothing more than another mediocre fighting type.

:Krookodile:
Pokémon: Krookodile
Category: Dark
New Type: Water/Ground
Stats: 95 HP / 117 Atk / 80 Def / 70 Spec / 92 Spe
New Moves: Fire Blast, Dragon Rage, Surf, Bubble beam, Water gun, Seismic toss & Submission.
Removed Moves: Low kick and anything from the later gens.
Competitive Overview: A fast and strong ground type that isn't weak to surf and Blizzard? Now that's a force to be reckoned with, a water type that uses fire blast for coverage instead of ice moves is also a plus in my book.

:durant:
Pokémon: Durant
Category: Steel
New Type: Bug/Fire
Stats: 70 HP / 85 Atk / 70 Def / 85 Spec / 95 Spe
New Moves: Leech life, String shot, Twineedle, Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin and Mega Drain.
Removed Moves: Rock slide and everything not in gen 1.
Competitive Overview: Durant is everything Beedrill wanted to be, this fire ant has overall average-good stats across the board and decent speed to outspeed all grass types and hit them hard with its STAB moves, being a fire type that doesn't get completely walled by Rock types is also a plus, sadly, Fire/Bug is just bad Fire/Flying, so don't expect Durant to get that far in the competitive scene.
On a side note, the fact that it can rely on string shot for trapping strats with fire spin is both funny and somewhat unique.

Last edited:
:ss/Forretress:
Pokémon: Forretress
New Type:

Stats: 75/80/140/75/35 [405 BST]
New Moves: Twineedle, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Aurora Beam, Haze,
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: Where Forretress has had its in game career defined by the setting an removal of hazards, this interpretation will be defined by the removing and inflicting of Status. Inspired by the current RBY CAP concept, Forretress will seek to go 2 for 1 by freeze fishing a big target, then exploding on another. Being Resistant to Ice and immune to freeze, it can remove para from Chancy or Snorlax and sit on them until they're frozen. It can attempt to do the same to Alakazam and Starmie, tho it is 3HKO'd by Psychic from each of them. Its physical bulk also allows it to check Tauros and Scizor, who are both 3HKO'd by Ice Beam. Be warry of Rocks and Whimsi tho. TTar and Rhydon can one shot you with Rock Slide and Aero can 2HKO with Snarl while you struggle to do the same with -1 Ice Beam.
Forretress
Ability: No Ability
- Ice Beam
- Explosion
- Haze/Light Screen
- Rest

Last edited:
:dp/spiritomb:
Pokémon: Spiritomb
New Type:

Stats: 50/108/108/108/35
New Moves: Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Body Slam, Haze
Removed Moves: Snarl
Competitive Overview: Shoutouts to Kanto expansion Pak Marowak-Alola (again, cuz this is a resub), this is that but actually a special attacker. Pretty bulky for a ghost, but held back by being a Fire-type, leaving it open to Surfs, EQs, Rock Slides, and Snarls that it can't heal off, not to mention its abysmal crit rate and its 50 HP making it deceptively frail (i.e. it has a good chance of getting 2HKO'd by Tauros EQ)). I also added Haze this time since Ghost/Fire was one of the slated types for the Haze RBY CAP concept, though idt you'd use it, Spin/Blast/Shade/Hypnosis is already good enough.
Confuse Ray, Disable, Double Team, Dream Eater, Flash, Hyper Beam, Hypnosis, Night Shade, Psychic, Rest, Smokescreen, Substitute, Toxic, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Body Slam, Haze
Spiritomb
- Fire Blast
- Fire Spin
- Night Shade
- Hypnosis / Body Slam / Haze

:gs/steelix:
Pokémon: Steelix
New Type:

Stats: 65/95/180/75/30
New Moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower
Removed Moves: N/A
Competitive Overview: I've been wanting another Electric-immune mon and I don't feel like resubbing Stunfisk-G, so I went for this instead. I didn't want to add another Rock-type with Tyranitar being so great and adding another bulky Ground is stepping on Rhydon's toes enough as is, and so I took the Mega Aggron route and just took away Onix's Rock-typing, giving us Steelix, with a little less HP and Defense to make up for having a better defensive typing (it's still a pseudo-Normal resist with better physical bulk than Cloyster anyway). With this, Steelix can boast its high Defense and access to Bind to be a premier pivot that can come in on physical threats like Scizor, TTar, and Rhydon itself and pivot out on the switch-in. However, its Special is still very bad, so it has to be careful around stuff like Tauros and TTar's Blizzard, Snorlax's Ice Beam, and Hydreigon's Surf/Hydro Pump. Can also boom when times get tough
Bide, Bind, Body Slam, Cut, Defense Curl, Dig, Double Team, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Explosion, Fissure, Harden, Headbutt, Hyper Beam, Mimic, Rage, Rest, Roar, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Screech, Self-Destruct, Skull Bash, Slam, Strength, Substitute, Tackle, Take Down, Toxic, Fake Tears, Fire Blast
Steelix
- Earthquake
- Bind
- Hyper Beam / Rock Slide / Fire Blast
- Explosion

:rs/altaria:
Pokémon: Altaria
New Type:

Stats: 75/70/90/105/80
New Moves: Thunder Wave, Blizzard
Removed Moves: Fire Spin
Competitive Overview: WIP (remember when i said that you're allowed to sub altaria and audino in the fairy category because of their megas in slate 3? well, that's very relevant now as i was looking for a flying-type to add and found this. i couldn't find a way for this to really stand out comapred to dragonite as a dragon/flying-type, so i swapped that out for swablu's typing, making it the quintessential normal/flying-type that dodrio and gang always wanted to be, with a real non-beam stab move in body slam, coverage for rhydon in blizzard and eq, and actual bulk. still faces the usual weaknesses of flying-types in a meta where ttar is very good and blizzard is still being spammed, plus it lacks the sheer power of tauros or lax or the recovery of chansey. still can be a great option for a flyer/4th normal-type and being a normal that doesn't get eviscerated by scizor is greatly appreciated)
Agility, Body Slam, Double Team, Double-Edge, Dream Eater, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Fly, Fury Attack, Growl, Haze, Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Mimic, Mirror Move, Mist, Peck, Rage, Rest, Roar, Sing, Sky Attack, Solar Beam, Substitute, Swift, Take Down, Toxic, Steel Wing, Thunder Wave, Blizzard
Altaria
- Body Slam / Thunder Wave
- Sing / Rest
- Blizzard / Thunder Wave
- Steel Wing

Last edited:
About 24 hours until voting begins, which means veto warnings! Not very many this time

:ss/morpeko:
Pokemon: Morpeko
New Typing: Electric/Normal
Stats: 58/95/58/90/97 (BST: 398)
New Moves: Hyper Beam, Ice Punch, Strength, Swords Dance
Removed Moves: Later gen moves
Description: Morpeko is a cool pokemon as it can go physical, special, or mixed. It can go SD set-up or Fake Tears Electric/Ice combo. Morpeko has fairly decent attacking stats and speed but is quite frail. Overall dislikes Rocks as they typically stop its stabs (except Ttar) but Ice Beam hits them hard on their Ground-typing (except Ttar).
This is a very cool sub, but Swords Dance would be an issue on this, as +2 Hyper Beams are ridiculously powerful even off of an only decent Attack stat. (For reference, tier king Tauros does >50% to nearly everything with Hyper Beam and its Attack is only 100), so just remove Swords Dance and it's fine

:sableye:
Pokémon: Sableye
New Type: Psychic/Ghost
Stats: 50 / 75 / 75 / 65 / 40 [305 - same as Porygon]
New Moves: see tag
Removed Moves: See tag
Competitive Overview: Psychic/Ghost replicates funny no weakness and with Recover it generally has some staying power. Night Shade/Recover let it do what it wants (which is like a Porygon/Gengar hybrid). Psychic STAB is helpful as always and I'm not sure what your fourth is (maybe Sub?). Ends up being pretty passive but has the tools to contribute.
This one is another victim of "Ghost-type with Recover = broken" syndrome. It's honestly not broken per say, as it doesn't really beat anything it, but its presence would probably be detrimental to the metagame, since all it can do is click Recover and spam Night Shade/Seismic Toss/Psychic and maybe Confuse Ray, forcing the opponent to PP stall it out of 32 Recovers since not much can 2HKO it safely. Thus, it would probably be better if this didn't have Recover and maybe had some other utility, though you should probably check with the Discord on that since it is a non-Ground weak Ghost which is strong in of itself

And that's all! See you tomorrow!

Voting starts now!

We will have a ranked vote for each category, meaning that each submission you vote for receives points based on how you rank them. The submission with the most points in each category will be added to the metagame.

You may vote for up to 3 subs in each category. You may vote for your own sub in each category, but you can't vote for it in first place or as your only vote. If multiple people submitted the same Pokémon in the same category, please specify the submission you're voting for by putting the submitter's username next to it

Voting Example
If you vote for 3 Pokémon
Dark
Pokémon A - Gets 3 points
Pokémon B - Gets 2 points
Pokémon C - Gets 1 point

If you vote for 2 Pokémon
Dark
Pokémon A - Gets 2 points
Pokémon B - Gets 1 point

If you vote for 1 Pokémon
Dark
Pokémon A - Gets 1 point
Dark
Dark Pokémon A
Dark Pokémon B
Dark Pokémon C

Steel
Steel Pokémon A
Steel Pokémon B
Steel Pokémon C

Fairy
Fairy Pokémon A
Fairy Pokémon B
Fairy Pokémon C

For each category, you may vote for 3 submissions. You may vote for your own submission in every category, but if can't be your only vote in that category or you're first place vote. For example:
Dark
Pokémon A (SV)

Would be an illegal ballot, but

Dark
Pokémon B
Pokémon A (SV)
Pokémon C

Would be legal

Each Pokémon you vote for in each category also has to be in the same category, so the following would be illegal
Dark
Dark Pokémon A (SV)
Fairy Pokémon B
Steel Pokémon C

But this would be legal
Dark
Dark Pokémon A (SV)
Dark Pokémon B
Dark Pokémon C

No submissions are vetoed this slate, so any sub can be voted for

Voting will end in 24 hours

Dark: Sneasel, Spiritomb, Krookodile (sv)
Steel: Corviknight, Durant (sv), Forretress
Fairy: Altaria, Grimmsnarl (sv), Dedenne

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Dark: Spiritomb, Greninja (SV), Krookodile
Steel: Steelix, Sandslash-Alola (SV), Durant
Fairy: Altaria, Dedenne (SV), Grimmsnarl

Last edited:
Dark: Greninja, Spiritomb (SV), Morpeko
Steel: Sandslash-Alola, Steelix (SV), Durant
Fairy: Dedenne, Altaria (SV), Grimmsnarl

Last edited:
Voting is now over, so let's see what we're working with!
Dark
Sneasel - 3 + 3 = 6
Spiritomb - 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 9
Krookodile - 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
Greninja - 2 + 3 = 5
Morpeko - 1 = 1

Steel
Corviknight - 3 + 1 = 4
Durant - 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5
Forretress - 1 + 2 = 3
Steelix - 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 10
Sandslash-Alola - 2 + 3 + 3 = 7

Fairy
Altaria - 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 11

Grimmsnarl - 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5
Dedenne - 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 8

Welcome Spiritomb, Steelix, and Altaria to the metagame!
:dp/spiritomb:
Pokémon: Spiritomb
New Type:

Stats: 50/108/108/108/35
New Moves: Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Body Slam, Haze
Removed Moves: Snarl
Competitive Overview: Shoutouts to Kanto expansion Pak Marowak-Alola (again, cuz this is a resub), this is that but actually a special attacker. Pretty bulky for a ghost, but held back by being a Fire-type, leaving it open to Surfs, EQs, Rock Slides, and Snarls that it can't heal off, not to mention its abysmal crit rate and its 50 HP making it deceptively frail (i.e. it has a good chance of getting 2HKO'd by Tauros EQ)). I also added Haze this time since Ghost/Fire was one of the slated types for the Haze RBY CAP concept, though idt you'd use it, Spin/Blast/Shade/Hypnosis is already good enough.
:gs/steelix:
Pokémon: Steelix
New Type:

Stats: 65/95/180/75/30
New Moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower
Competitive Overview: I've been wanting another Electric-immune mon and I don't feel like resubbing Stunfisk-G, so I went for this instead. I didn't want to add another Rock-type with Tyranitar being so great and adding another bulky Ground is stepping on Rhydon's toes enough as is, and so I took the Mega Aggron route and just took away Onix's Rock-typing, giving us Steelix, with a little less HP and Defense to make up for having a better defensive typing (it's still a pseudo-Normal resist with better physical bulk than Cloyster anyway). With this, Steelix can boast its high Defense and access to Bind to be a premier pivot that can come in on physical threats like Scizor, TTar, and Rhydon itself and pivot out on the switch-in. However, its Special is still very bad, so it has to be careful around stuff like Tauros and TTar's Blizzard, Snorlax's Ice Beam, and Hydreigon's Surf/Hydro Pump. Can also boom when times get tough
:rs/altaria:
Pokémon: Altaria
New Type:

Stats: 75/70/90/105/80
Removed Moves: Fire Spin
Competitive Overview: WIP (remember when i said that you're allowed to sub altaria and audino in the fairy category because of their megas in slate 3? well, that's very relevant now as i was looking for a flying-type to add and found this. i couldn't find a way for this to really stand out comapred to dragonite as a dragon/flying-type, so i swapped that out for swablu's typing, making it the quintessential normal/flying-type that dodrio and gang always wanted to be, with a real non-beam stab move in body slam, coverage for rhydon in blizzard and eq, and actual bulk. still faces the usual weaknesses of flying-types in a meta where ttar is very good and blizzard is still being spammed, plus it lacks the sheer power of tauros or lax or the recovery of chansey. still can be a great option for a flyer/4th normal-type and being a normal that doesn't get eviscerated by scizor is greatly appreciated)
none lol
:rb/onix:
Pokémon: Onix
New Type:

Stats: 35/45/160/30/70
New Moves: N/A
:rs/swablu:
Pokémon: Swablu
New Type:

Stats: 45/40/60/75/50

Now, we'll have a another 24 hour discussion phase as I get these coded!

See you tomorrow for one of the last move slates!

Altaria is basically what Pidgeot would be if it was designed like a regular normal type (you know, with actual coverage), i like it.

Spiritomb is in an odd spot since on one hand ghost/fire is definitely better than ghost/poison and, unlike Gengar, it can actually make use of its stabs, but on the other hand...it's a slow fire type in a meta filled with surf, EQ and Rock Slide. Hopefully, it can overcome the odds and impact the metagame.

I actually didn't want your Steelix to get in because i had my own idea for it, oh well. *cough* Steelix is fine, it's pretty much a better Sandslash that can blow up, although i'm a bit bothered that it doesn't have sharpen (event) like in GSC.

Not much to say from me, so let's start Slate 6, which will (tentatively) be our second to last move slate!

- Move Slate 3 -
Rules
- During Move slates, you will sub any future generation Dark, Steel, or Fairy-type move and adapt it into a Gen 1 environment by changing its typing, effect, base power, and distribution (note that the moves' final distribution is ultimately decided by council)
- You will be allowed to sub 1 Dark move, 1 Steel move, and 1 Fairy move during Move slates, which one of each being added to the metagame at the end of the slate. You don't have to specify categories like in Pokémon slates because moves can only have 1 type anyway
- Note that type categories are decided by type in Gen 1. Normal, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Bug, Poison, Ghost, and Rock are Physical, while Grass, Fire, Water, Psychic, Dragon, Electric, and Ice are Special.
- When adapting moves, try to keep the feel of the original but be sure to stay within the limits of Gen 1, so you cannot add any new major mechanics with the moves you're adding (i.e. If you subbed Ceaseless Edge, you couldn't make it set Spikes because Spikes don't exist in Gen 1. Instead, you could give the move a poison chance or make it a partial trapping move). If you add a more minor mechanic (i.e. if you made Ceaseless Edge deal a little damage for a few turns after use but not as a trapping move), it may be allowed, but that is up to the council's discretion
- Moves from Legends: Arceus are allowed to be subbed (this applies to Pokémon as well). This means that you can submit Ceaseless Edge, Springtide Storm, and Shelter during move slates
- Submissions for Move slates last 5 days, with 1 day of voting and 1 day of a discussion phase
- Voting works the same as it does for Pokémon slates (which are now Ranked Votes, I'll update the OP in a bit)
Move: (Name of the slate move you're adapting)
Type: (New type of the move)
Power: (Base Power of the move)
Accuracy: (The Accuracy of the move, a multiple of 5 between 30% and 100%. Put -- if it has perfect accuracy or doesn't have an accuracy check)
PP: (Power Points of the move. Must be a multiple of 5)
Effect: (Any effects of the move, like secondary effects, or inherent effects like Counter's.)
Distribution: (Possible distribution of the move. Remember that council can add or remove Pokemon from your list if your sub wins)
Justification: (A brief competitive description of the move you're submitting, what it does in the metagame, how it buffs the Pokemon you're giving to, and why you think it should be added.)

Blank Template
Move:
Type:
Power:
Accuracy:
PP:
Effect:
Distribution:
Justification:
Move: Knock Off
Type:

Power: 65
Accuracy: 100
PP: 20
Effect: Deals 1.5x damage if the target is statused. Removes their status condition.
Distribution::persian::lickitung::dodrio::clefable::wigglytuff::raticate::beedrill::dewgong::golduck::hitmonlee::kingler::machamp::sandslash:
Justification: Neat option to abuse how common status conditions are in RBY and allow you to remove unwanted status conditions a la Haze, like un-paralyzing a Chansey so you can try to freeze it later. Does have the downside of allowing your opponent to undo your progress if they play around it well, though, and it competes with generally good move Body Slam

Submissions will end in 5 days

Ema Skye

Work!
Move: Decorate
Type: Normal
Power: -
Accuracy: -
PP: 16
Effect: User makes a substitute, using the effects from Stadium.
Distribution: U N I V E R S A L
Justification: Largely just offers status immunity to normal sub, and ensuring boom targets are KOed upon booming is a nice bonus.

Move: Nasty Plot
Type: Ghost
PP: 32
Effect: Boosts user's Spec by 2
Distribution: :persian: :hypno: :raichu: :golbat: :mr.-mime: :spiritomb:
Justification: We tradebacks now boys (and Copen). Tradebacks shows that this is a balanced addition to the meta, but it will certainly change things.

Move: Heavy Slam
Type: Fighting
Power: 80
Effect: User's Def is used as its Atk stat
Distribution: :blastoise: :nidoking: :nidoqueen: :golem: :rhydon: :onix: :lickitung: :lapras: :dragonite: :steelix: :machamp:
Justification: Cool Fighting type option that plays with their unreliable STAB options.

Last edited:
Move: Doom Desire
Power: 120
Accuracy: 90
PP: 5
Effect: 10% chance to lower the target's defense.
Distribution: :gengar: :ninetales: :hypno: :spiritomb:
Justification: Powerful ghost STAB, since psychics are immune to it you won't be seeing Gengar or Spiritomb spamming it unless they're facing each other, Ninetales can also use it to not get walled by rock types, specially Kabutos and Omastar.

Move: Beat Up
Effect: 20% chance of raising the user's attack.
Distribution: :machamp: :primeape: :poliwrath: :hitmonlee: :hitmonchan: :gardevoir: :scizor: :charizard: :blastoise: :magmar: :electabuzz: :raichu: :lickitung: :pinsir: :scyther: :beedrill: :escavalier: :dodrio: :fearow: :arbok:
Justification: What submission should've been, everyone who relied on it (or wanted to) can now use beat up instead.

Move: Disarming Voice
Type: Bug
Power: 90
PP: 15
Effect: 10% chance to confuse the opponent.
Distribution: :beedrill: :butterfree: :venomoth: :parasect: :pinsir: :scyther: :scizor: :escavalier: :golbat: :gardevoir: :wigglytuff: :altaria:
Justification: Signal beam but stronger and with better distribution (compared to gen 3).

Last edited:
Move: Parting Shot
Type:

Power: --
Effect: Lowers the foe's Special by 1 stage and switches the user out
Distribution::venomoth::electabuzz::magmar::persian::arcanine::blastoise::marowak::tangela:
Justification: Neat tool that adds a form of pivoting that isn't as cringe or unreliable as partial trapping. Only have it lowering Special for now since that's 2 stats in one, allowing your special attackers in the back to both tank an incoming hit better and hit harder. Mostly gave it to things that have U-Turn/Volt Switch/Flip Turn in later gens + the two Gen 1 Fires that don't get Fire Spin (with Arcanine getting a very interesting combo in Snarl + Parting Shot) + Marowak as a slow pivoting option, essentially a lees bulk Steelix with an easier time pivoting + Tangela as Nature's Madness with Sleep and better pivoting sounds usable

Move: Metal Sound
Type:

Accuracy: --
PP: 10
Effect: Shares HP of user and target equally. (Pain Split effect)
Distribution::magneton::weezing::ninetales::chansey::escavalier:(:gardevoir:?)
Justification: First things first, the flavor for this is that both Pokemon are subjected to a grating noise and thus they share the pain. Flimsy for sure, but it's there. Anyway, Pain Split is a super powerful effect in a generation dominated by two high HP Pokemon, essentially being a Super Fang against Chansey and Snorlax sometimes. This is huge for Special Attackers that'd otherwise struggle to break through Chansey and weaker attackers that can't KO Snorlax through its Rests and Reflects. Also provides an alternative form of recovery, making bringing Lax and Chansey in dangerous. However, with such a powerful effect, we do have to be very careful with what gets it, so I opted for lower ranked/unranked mons that are mostly Physical Attackers, leaving out some future gen Pain Split users like Starmie, Gengar, and Spiritomb since it could be too powerful on them, especially the latter since it already abuses Lax so well. Also would be very funny to give to Chansey, since 99% of the time you're healing the foe. Biggest benefactors from the list are Magneton, who can consistently chip Chansey and Rhydon/Steelix down until it can eventually break through them with Gear Up boosts, Ninetales, who can be a menace with Fire Spin + Metal Sound, and Escavalier, who can run Substitute to avoid paralysis from Body Slam and then heal off the damage later

Move: Fairy Wind
Type:

Power: 40
PP: 30
Effect: +1 Priority
Distribution::pinsir::escavalier::butterfree::beedrill::venomoth::parasect:
Justification: Bug can be a neat type for a priority move, since it's the best it's ever been in Gen 1 with Fire, Flying, Fighting, and Ghost-types being uncommon and Psychic-types being everywhere. While still quite weak (Ex: Unboosted Fairy Wind from Pinsir still does less to Alakazam than Slash or Hyper Beam), it can be great revenge killing tool for a type that's very slow overall and it can be an especially dangerous cleaning tool for Pinsir and Escavalier, giving them the unique position of sweepers that don't care about paralysis that much

Last edited:
Move: Taunt
Effect: Target can't use status moves for 3 turns.
Distribution: :arbok: :electabuzz: :electrode: :gardevoir: :hitmonchan: :hypno: :magmar: :mew: :muk: :parasect: :persian: :primeape: :scizor: :weezing:
Justification: Wooooo taunt

Move: King's Shield
Type: Normal
Effect: Prevents moves (including status) from affecting the user this turn. Doesn't fail. +4 priority.
Distribution: Everything
Justification: Funny mg1 move

Move: Fleur Cannon
Power: 130
PP: 8
Effect: Lowers Special by 2 stages.
Distribution: :butterfree: :parasect: :victreebel: :vileplume: :venusaur:
Justification: Funny mg1 move which is a real bug move that deletes your special bulk after you use it.

Last edited:
Not much to for this veto warning period, as most problems can be fixed with reduced distribution, so this is just your 24 Hour Warning!

Next slate, I'll likely starting doing sub reviews to improve the quality of submissions as well as giving out veto warnings at the 24 hour mark, so look forward to that!

Voting starts now!

Just like Pokémon slates, we will have a ranked vote for each category, meaning that each submission you vote for receives points based on how you rank them. The submission with the most points in each category will be added to the metagame.

You may vote for up to 3 subs in each category. You may vote for your own sub in each category, but you can't vote for it in first place or as your only vote. If multiple people submitted the same move in the same category, please specify the submission you're voting for by putting the submitter's username next to it

Voting Example
If you vote for 3 Move
Dark
Move A - Gets 3 points
Move B - Gets 2 points
Move C - Gets 1 point

If you vote for 2 Move
Dark
Move A - Gets 2 points
Move B - Gets 1 point

If you vote for 1 Move
Dark
Move A - Gets 1 point
Dark
Dark Move A
Dark Move B
Dark Move C

Steel
Steel Move A
Steel Move B
Steel Move C

Fairy
Fairy Move A
Fairy Move B
Fairy Move C

For each category, you may vote for 3 submissions. You may vote for your own submission in every category, but if can't be your only vote in that category or you're first place vote. For example:
Dark
Move A (SV)

Would be an illegal ballot, but

Dark
Move B
Move A (SV)
Move C

Would be legal

Each Move you vote for in each category also has to be in the same category, so the following would be illegal
Dark
Dark Move A (SV)
Fairy Move B
Steel Move C

But this would be legal
Dark
Dark Move A (SV)
Dark Move B
Dark Move C

No submissions are vetoed this slate, so any sub can be voted for

Voting will end in 24 hours

Dark: Taunt, Beat Up (SV), Nasty plot
Steel: Metal sound, Doom Desire (SV), Heavy slam
Fairy: Fairy wind, Disarming voice (SV), Fleur Cannon

Ema Skye

Work!
Dark: Parting Shot, Nasty Plot, Taunt
Steel: King’s Shield, Heavy Slam, Metal Sound
Fairy: Fleur Cannon, Decorate, Fairy Wind

almost forgot to vote oops

Dark: Taunt, Parting Shot, Nasty Plot
Steel: Heavy Slam, Metal Sound (SV), King's Shield
Fairy: Fleur Cannon, Fairy Wind (SV), Decorate

Voting is now over, let's see what moves we're getting!
Dark
Taunt - 3 + 1 + 3 = 7

Beat Up - 2 = 2
Nasty Plot - 1 + 2 + 1 = 5
Parting Shot - 3 + 2 = 5

Steel
Metal Sound - 3 + 1 + 2 = 6
Doom Desire - 2 = 2
Heavy Slam - 1 + 2 + 3 = 6
King's Shield - 3 + 1 = 4

Fairy
Fairy Wind - 3 + 1 + 2 = 6
Disarming Voice - 2 = 2
Fleur Cannon - 1 + 3 + 3 = 7
Decorate - 2 + 1 = 3

Taunt and Fleur Cannon will be added to the mod!
Move: Taunt
Effect: Target can't use status moves for 3 turns.
Distribution: :arbok: :electabuzz: :electrode: :gardevoir: :hitmonchan: :hypno: :magmar: :mew: :muk: :parasect: :persian: :primeape: :scizor: :weezing:
Justification: Wooooo taunt
Move: Fleur Cannon
Power: 130
PP: 8
Effect: Lowers Special by 2 stages.
Distribution: :butterfree: :parasect: :victreebel: :vileplume: :venusaur:
Justification: Funny mg1 move which is a real bug move that deletes your special bulk after you use it.
For the Steel category, we actually have a tie between Heavy Slam and Metal Sound, so we'll have a 24 hour tiebreaker during the Discussion Phase to pick the winner! Please vote for one of the following options.
Move: Heavy Slam
Effect: User's Def is used as its Atk stat
Distribution: :blastoise: :nidoking: :nidoqueen: :golem: :rhydon: :onix: :lickitung: :lapras: :dragonite: :steelix: :machamp:
Justification: Cool Fighting type option that plays with their unreliable STAB options.
Move: Metal Sound
Type:

Accuracy: --
PP: 10
Effect: Shares HP of user and target equally. (Pain Split effect)
Distribution::magneton::weezing::ninetales::chansey::escavalier:(:gardevoir:?)
Justification: First things first, the flavor for this is that both Pokemon are subjected to a grating noise and thus they share the pain. Flimsy for sure, but it's there. Anyway, Pain Split is a super powerful effect in a generation dominated by two high HP Pokemon, essentially being a Super Fang against Chansey and Snorlax sometimes. This is huge for Special Attackers that'd otherwise struggle to break through Chansey and weaker attackers that can't KO Snorlax through its Rests and Reflects. Also provides an alternative form of recovery, making bringing Lax and Chansey in dangerous. However, with such a powerful effect, we do have to be very careful with what gets it, so I opted for lower ranked/unranked mons that are mostly Physical Attackers, leaving out some future gen Pain Split users like Starmie, Gengar, and Spiritomb since it could be too powerful on them, especially the latter since it already abuses Lax so well. Also would be very funny to give to Chansey, since 99% of the time you're healing the foe. Biggest benefactors from the list are Magneton, who can consistently chip Chansey and Rhydon/Steelix down until it can eventually break through them with Gear Up boosts, Ninetales, who can be a menace with Fire Spin + Metal Sound, and Escavalier, who can run Substitute to avoid paralysis from Body Slam and then heal off the damage later

This 24 Hour Discussion Phase will also finalize the distributions of each of the new moves. Then, the next Pokémon slate will start as always!

See you then and don't forget to vote in the tiebreaker!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)