Gen 5 Article Claims/Suggestions

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I noticed that there's no article for Team Preview on the site for OU. Would it be alright if I claimed rights to write that article?

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the double post, but may I write an OU Guide to Trapping? (Magnezone, Wobb, Pursuit etc)

I don't know if we're allowed to have two articles at the same time, but my ru sun guide is almost done (currently in GP phase).

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the double post, but may I write an OU Guide to Trapping? (Magnezone, Wobb, Pursuit etc)

I don't know if we're allowed to have two articles at the same time, but my ru sun guide is almost done (currently in GP phase).
Get the RU sun article through GP first and then you may work on that.

May I write a BW OU guide to clear skies? With the weather articles covered in BW OU, I think it would be a nice touch to have a clear skies article as well.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
May I write a BW OU guide to clear skies? With the weather articles covered in BW OU, I think it would be a nice touch to have a clear skies article as well.
no, the articles here are for recognized metagames with their own set of analyses and forums.

no, the articles here are for recognized metagames with their own set of analyses and forums.
Do you think I am referring to the tier Clear Skies? I was asking to write an article on the playstyle of clear skies in the BW OU metagame (a BW OU team without a weather inducer). I don't quite get what you are saying.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Do you think I am referring to the tier Clear Skies? I was asking to write an article on the playstyle of clear skies in the BW OU metagame (a BW OU team without a weather inducer). I don't quite get what you are saying.
Yes I was referring to the clear skies tier, anyway I'm rejecting your idea (now that you've made it clear) it just sounds like too general a concept.

Yes I was referring to the clear skies tier, anyway I'm rejecting your idea (now that you've made it clear) it just sounds like too general a concept.
Do you think a guide to Choice items in BW OU could work? That is a more narrow topic.

I'd like to start an article on anti-metagaming teambuilding. Would anyone like to join me? (p.s, congrats to ray on the mod badge).

Nexus

Forever the Recusant

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Can I write a guide to BW UU Offense? I know my post count isn't very high, but I have been playing UU since the beginning of Gen V and am very knowledgeable about the metagame. I just recently noticed that the only article on UU was about rain, which is next to nonexistent in the tier, whereas offense is the most common playstyle. I will definitely get as much help as possible when writing this article, it will be a huge commitment. Reachzero has already said that he would help me write it, and I am trying to get support from a lot of other top UU players as well. Thanks in advance!

I'd like to take a crack at the UU Speed tiers. I'm surprised these haven't already been reserved or done yet.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Can I write a guide to BW UU Offense? I know my post count isn't very high, but I have been playing UU since the beginning of Gen V and am very knowledgeable about the metagame. I just recently noticed that the only article on UU was about rain, which is next to nonexistent in the tier, whereas offense is the most common playstyle. I will definitely get as much help as possible when writing this article, it will be a huge commitment. Reachzero has already said that he would help me write it, and I am trying to get support from a lot of other top UU players as well. Thanks in advance!
go ahead

I'd like to take a crack at the UU Speed tiers. I'm surprised these haven't already been reserved or done yet.
please do

Seeing as Smogon seems to adopt the "learn to swim by jumping into a lake" approach to learning how to be a competent competitive battler, I think it should be clear to some that not everyone is on that level, nor is that approach the best path to learning for some people.

I've been kicking around the idea of an expanded glossary article in which common terminology is defined as well as a few examples. While a lot of it may seem like common knowledge, there is much to be said for the aphorism of "common sense isn't." Here would be one sample entry:

Lure (n) - A strategy of tempting an opponent into switching in a certain Pokemon or using a certain move. (v) - The act of employing such a strategy.

Example Lures and Strategies

(sample Zoroark set)

Zoroark is in some respects the ultimate lure, as it can pose as another Pokemon entirely and get a surprise kill when the opponent reacts as they would to the Pokemon whose guise it is in. For example, if Zoroark were to pose as Haxorus and the opponent sends in their Ferrothorn in order to take the expected Outrage or Earthquake, Zoroark can instead unleash a Flamethrower, leaving his team's Haxorus with one less obstacle on the path to world domination, or at least winning the match.

(sample Gyarados and Electivire sets)

GyaraVire was a popular "instant offense" option before the advent of team preview. The strategy here is to tempt the opponent into trying to use an Electric move on Gyarados, only to have Electivire take the hit in order to activate Motor Drive and proceed to use its incredible coverage to best advantage. Theoretically, any ability that grants some sort of boost upon being hit with a certain attack type can be used in such a move-luring strategy. On the defensive side, this act of switching into a predicted resisted move is the heart and soul of a stall strategy.

(Placeholder for a lure set)

One can also take into account the popularity of certain sets on a certain Pokemon and design a set to take out what stops the more commonly seen variants. This "lure" set makes the opponent think that the Pokemon you've sent out is running one thing, but when they send in their response they get a nasty surprise when they find out it's something else entirely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)