Pet Mod [Gen 8] OptiMons [DLC Slate 1]

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
Alright, so i'm looking through these submissions

For Emolga, I like my sub but i'm not quite sure how it would perform still have to think about if I want to rank this when I see other subs. G-Luke's Emolga seems nice but i'm not sure if I can really make sense of Hurricane on Emolga, though i'm expecting that'll happen a lot, I don't mind the stat-line changes at all and they seem good. Gale Wings is interesting for sure but I feel like it's a bit of a stretch. YveltalRider has a very unique submission that I feel like fits Emolga fantastically, great job Yveltalrider, I also really like your movepool additions (barring Hurricane) and they partially inspired how I wanted my Emolga to look, I do feel like you could have gone a little farther with the stat changes but overall a really solid optimon. FirebytheRealms, your submission might have viability and a good stat-line but for my tastes it doesn't fit the flavor of Emolga whatsoever. Mega Flareon has a completely different idea and I like it personally but I feel that the bulk adjustment is pretty large. Anaconja's submission has Aerliate which feels strange and I think 110 BST change is too much personally for almost any mon. Sorry Dilasc but I don't understand why Emolga has No Guard and Hurricane it's just weird, it's also ridiculously bulky, like why is this literally as physically bulky as Zapdos and then slapping on CM is actually extremely broken and ovr 110 bst change (yeah Dilasc's Emolga is honestly broken). AquaticPanic has absolutely ridiculous bulk on Emolga but I don't hate it nearly as much because at least the attack stats are tame and it doesn't have set-up. War Incarnate has an Emolga that I personally like because it distinguishes itself from other Electric/Flying types, is particularly strong, isn't broken (considering no cane), and maintains flavor and for this reason i'll rank his Emolga above mine because I think his Emolga deserves some credit even if he didn't get super creative with his abilities. Bencaua also had a decent submission.
Yveltal Rider and War Incarnate - Emolga
3rd - Bencaua, 4th Mega Flareon, 5th G-Luke, 6th The Diabolic Gift, 7th Anaconja, 8th Aquatic Panic, 9th FirebytheRealms, 10th Disasc

For Golduck, Mega Flareon's submission seems a bit weak at first, but at the end of the day I think it'll be okay and it's decent flavor-wise. Dilasc your Goluck imo doesn't make sense flavor-wise. Bencaua kinda also misses out on flavor but it's not awful by any means, I think i'll rank his as my 2nd favorite.
Mega Flareon, Bencaua - Golduck
3rd - Dilasc

For Marowak, I really like my Marowak but since I can't vote it first (I really love my adjustments to Bonemerang), Adou's extra coverage, bulk and typing on Marowak certainly will make it more viable along with Solid Rock but it doesn't excite me very much, I do think it's a decent change and Adou should get credit (also think Solid Rock is strange w/o giving it Rock type). G-Luke also gives it solid rock and I think Dark is a much more interesting choice on Marowak and he definitely makes it interesting by giving it Sucker Punch, I think I like Adou's because I think it fits slightly more. Not a big fan of ideas by MegaFlareon on Marowak, who I thought had good submissions overall but I think Technician for Bonemarang was sort of wild and I don't really like that choice as the ability, also he again gave it Solid Rock without a Rock type (ik Camerupt but still). I also don't like Anaconja's Marowak even though Double Edge STAB is nice the speed tier might even be worse despite having Sand Rush I just don't see why use Marowak over Excadrill who is decent outside of sand. Dilasc's Marowak is pretty good tbh.. after he fixed up the stat line. Firebytherealms, I don't think this Marowak is good enough nor do I think it really makes sense. Bencaua's submission is probably my 3rd favorite.
Dilasc, The Diabolic Gift - Marowak
3rd - Bencaua, 4th - Adou 5th - G-Luke, 6th Mega Flareon, 7th Anaconja, 8th Firebytherealms

For Exeggutor, InvalidOS has a decent submission imo but I'm not sure how to feel about the role because it seems to possibly still have a 4mss, Mega Flareon imo has a great submission for Exeggutor. Anaconja's submission feels a bit weak personally. I like Bencaua's submission here.
Mega Flareon, Bencaua - Exeggutor
3rd - InvalidOS, 4th Anaconja

edit: grammar fix
edit2: gonna put spots under 2

Last edited:

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
I want to add on a late recommendation to YveltalRider's submission, please remove Endure from Emolga as it generates momentum too easily with Emolga's Trickster Ability. (depending on how it's coded, the more clear description other-wise is if the Pokemon's HP is reduced)

Last edited:
I want to add on a late recommendation to YveltalRider's submission, please remove Endure from Emolga as it generates momentum too easily with Emolga's Trickster Ability. (depending on how it's coded, the more clear description other-wise is if the Pokemon's HP is reduced)
Noted and modified, yes that would be broken lmao. Speaking of coding i was thinking of using both stamina and hunger switch's code to mangle up the ability. Edit: so probably will be if either the user or the opponent are hit, not including status.

Last edited:
Marowak: TheDiabolicGift - Benacua - G-Luke
Golduck: Mega Flareon’s - Benacua - Dilasc
Exeggutor: Mega Flareon - Benacua - InvalidOS
Emolga: Mega Flareon - War Incarnate - AquaticPanic

Hi! First time on this thread, a friend introduced me to this. I think TheDiabolicGift's Marowak has a niche that stands out from the rest with the updated move. Any of the ground/fighting submissions I don't think are really gonna fare in an OU metagame and the ground/normal one from anaconja seems overshadowed by Diggersby. Moreover, I think there were only three Golduck submissions and Mega Flareon's is the only good one in my opinion. If i may, please don't count my vote towards the drizzle/psychic surge one because that's just ridiculous and the serene grace one I don't want any part of it. Exeggutor's submissions were odd, but I think regenerator is the best for hitting hard and getting out while preserving health. Also the chlorophyll + weather ball + boosted speed makes this way better in sun. Grassy Surge Exeggutor seems a bit of waste without making use of grassy glide but the person who submitted that version hindered its attack stat. Finally, there were a lot of cool Emolga submissions though I think Mega Flareon's electric surge one has a more notable role being bulkier than Zapdos and just providing a lot of utility. War Incarnate's is good as an offensive option on the other hand.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Marowak: TheDiabolicGift - Benacua - G-Luke
Golduck: Mega Flareon’s NP - Benacua - Dilasc
Exeggutor: Mega Flareon - Benacua - InvalidOS
Emolga: Mega Flareon - War Incarnate - AquaticPanic

Hi! First time on this thread, a friend introduced me to this. I think TheDiabolicGift's Marowak has a niche that stands out from the rest with the updated move. Any of the ground/fighting submissions I don't think are really gonna fare in an OU metagame and the ground/normal one from G- Luke seems overshadowed by Diggersby. Moreover, I think there were only three Golduck submissions and Mega Flareon's is the only good one in my opinion. If i may, please don't count my vote towards the drizzle/psychic surge one because that's just ridiculous and the serene grace one I don't want any part of it. Exeggutor's submissions were odd, but I think regenerator is the best for hitting hard and getting out while preserving health. Also the chlorophyll + weather ball + boosted speed makes this way better in sun. Grassy Surge Exeggutor seems a bit of waste without making use of grassy glide but the person who submitted that version hindered its attack stat. Finally, there were a lot of cool Emolga submissions though I think Mega Flareon's electric surge one has a more notable role being bulkier than Zapdos and just providing a lot of utility. War Incarnate's is good as an offensive option on the other hand.
I didnt sub normal ground

Emolga: Mega Flareon (c'mon, man, you kinda stole my idea of giving it actual coverage but while I'm still here it's pretty unique so I'm not too mad about it), War Incarnate (that's me!), Benacua (not a big fan of the mediocre offensive stats but I'll let that one pass)
Marowak: G-Luke, Adou, Dilsac (all hail Adaptability!)
Exeggutor: MegaFlareon, Benacua, InvalidOS
Golduck: MegaFlareon, Dilsac, Benacua

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Winners!

View attachment 260860
Marowak (Optimized)
Typing: Ground / Rock
Stats Boost: +10 HP, +10 DEF, +10 Speed
HP: 70
ATK: 80
DEF: 120
SPATK: 50
SPDEF: 80
SPEED: 55
BST: 455
Updated Signature Move (Custom Element):
- Bonemerang: First hit always goes first, second hit always goes last. (The priority stages on the move are different, similar to how the charging message of Focus Punch activates at the beginning of the turn, but the move activates at the end of the turn, I was thinking +2 and -2, it should actually be like a boomerang)
New Moves:
- Head Smash (Makes complete sense and pairs with Rock Head, also drastically improves the STAB for it's new typing)
- Rock Polish (55 Speed allows Rock Polish Marowak to be fast enough to clean games)

Retains Rock Head
Loses access to Battle Armor
Gains access to Solid Rock
Loses access to Lightning Rod
Gains access to Unnerve

Desc: Hear me out, the update to Bonemerang really improves Marowak as it gives it Ground priority (it may run Earthquake and Bonemarang), this is a massive upgrade. The minor stat buffs should be enough to at least help make Marowak a little more bulky even after getting a worse typing additionally Marowak's speed isn't as atrocious as it should be able to outspeed more walls (but also suffer a bit in troom). Head Smash is a superb STAB (with no recoil) that should also make Marowak extremely dangerous. The new-found ability to Rock Polish makes Marowak all the more dangerous offensively. A strategy that Marowak opens up is one where you can scare a Pokemon out with Bonemerang at the same time as threatening to Rock Polish forcing 50/50s. Unnerve is not a big improvement but it makes a lot of sense for what Marowak is and is undeniably an improvement over Lightning Rod. Solid Rock over Battle Armor is also a relatively small improvement as I don't think Battle Armor will be realistically usable.

v3
edit:
I want to add that (and I didn't know this before) my Marowak also has a dank Bdrum option now but it's def worse than Azumarill's option as ground priority is resistible and you don't get sitrus​

Exeggutor [Optimized]
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Regenerator (Competitive)
Stats: 95/75/85/125/75/75 (BST: 530)
Added Moves: Weather Ball, Moonblast
Summary of Changes: -20 Atk, +20 Spe
Description: Exeggutor gets three incredible abilities and a higher Speed stat to abuse them. Regenerator allows Exeggutor to keep itself healthy while also maintaining flavor due to its Pokedex entries stating that one of its heads fall of from time to time. Competitive, on the other hand, allows Exeggutor to take advantage of Defoggers by boosting its already high Special Attack. Moonblast allows it to hit Dark types such as Mandibuzz and Hydreigon hard. The addition of Weather Ball allows Exeggutor to be a threatening Chlorophyll sweeper with its improved Speed and way higher Special Attack than Venusaur. Overall a versatile Pokemon with that can perform three different roles competently.

Golduck [Optimized]
Abilities: Dazzling / Cloud Nine (Swift Swim)
Stats: 80/82/78/95/80/105 (BST: 520)
Added Moves: Nasty Plot
Summary of Changes: +20 Spe
description: After a Nasty Plot, Golduck would be hard to stop thanks to 105 Speed and immunity to priority. Golduck can also be used on Rain Teams, Nasty Plot and Swift Swim boost makes it very deadly.
We are also in a tiebreaker between @megafand YveltalRider for Emolga. To break it, cast a single vote for your preferred sub. No self votes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)