Gen needs your help

1) What is your gender? Male
2) What is your race? Hispanic (Mexican)
3) What is your age? 20
4) what is your social status (i.e. lower/middle/upper class)? Lower
5) Where were you born? Bakersfield, CA
6) Where do you live now? Bakersfield, CA
7) What is your education (High School, Graduate, College)? Currently in college.
8) If you did go through college (or are currently in it) where did you go? California State University Bakersfield. Stayed at the local University because of monetary reasons, but I got into every other University I applied to.
9) If you went through college, how much education did you receive (Masters, PHD, Doctrine etc.)?
10) What are your parent(s) religion? (please specify for Mom and Dad) Dad: Catholic.
Mom: Jehova's Witness (ex-Catholic)

11) What is your religious belief? Agnostic

1) Male
2) Caucasian
3) 17
4) Middle Class
5) Campbellton, NB, Canada
6) Campbellton, NB, Canada
7) Currently in Grade 12 of High School (Senior)
8) N/A
9) N/A
10) Both Christian
11) Christian

2) What is your race? Indian (Subcontinental)
3) What is your age? 18
4) what is your social status (i.e. lower/middle/upper class)? Upper Middle Class
5) Where were you born? Boca Raton, Florida
6) Where do you live now? Houston, TX
7) What is your education (High School, Graduate, College)? Currently in College
8) If you did go through college (or are currently in it) where did you go? Rice University
10) What are your parent(s) religion? (please specify for Mom and Dad) Hindu

2) What is your race? Caucasian
3) What is your age? 17
4) what is your social status (i.e. lower/middle/upper class)? Middle
5) Where were you born? Perth, Western Australia
6) Where do you live now? Napier, New Zealand
7) What is your education (High School, Graduate, College)? High School, last year.
8) If you did go through college (or are currently in it) where did you go? Not yet, but I WILL be going to Auckland University.
9) If you went through college, how much education did you receive (Masters, PHD, Doctrine etc.)? Not yet, but if all goes well, Doctrine.
10) What are your parent(s) religion? Both Agnostic

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1) female
2) white (slavic)/hispanic
3) 17
4) upper middle class
5) SD, CA
6) same
7) Graduating from high school in June.
8) Not in yet, but probably will be going to Cal Poly SLO.
9) n/a
10) Mom: Serbian Orthodox
Dad: Catholic
11) atheist

1) Male
2) Caucasian
3) 18
4) Middle-class
5) Hastings, VIC, Australia
6) Bittern, VIC, Australia
7) College / TAFE
8) Chisholm Institute
9) Diploma
10) Mother is Agnostic, Father is Christian
11) Atheist

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
1) What is your gender?
Male
2) What is your race?
Asian
3) What is your age?
4) what is your social status (i.e. lower/middle/upper class)?
Middle
5) Where were you born?
Surabaya, Indonesia
6) Where do you live now?
Rockville, Maryland, US
7) What is your education (High School, Graduate, College)?
High School
8) If you did go through college (or are currently in it) where did you go?
N/A
9) If you went through college, how much education did you receive (Masters, PHD, Doctrine etc.)?
N/A
10) What are your parent(s) religion? (please specify for Mom and Dad)
Roman Catholic on both
11) What is your religious belief?
Roman Catholic

I'm typing a sociology paper about how a persons life influences their religious views, this isn't a debate topic, I just need people to respond to the questions in the OP.
Here are the questions:

1) What is your gender?
2) What is your race?
3) What is your age?
5) Where were you born?

thanks for the help guys!
1) Male
2) White
3) 17
4) Middle-class
5) Orléans, France
6) Seattle, WA
7) High school (currently)
8) n/a
9) n/a
10) Southern Baptist (Christian)
11) Atheist

I actually need race for my data, it does exist. Please state whether you are white, black, asian, whatever you are please.
Scientifically, there are no races. However, i apologize for being rude. I am white (light skinned).

2) What is your race? Caucasian (Polish specifically)
3) What is your age? 15
4) what is your social status (i.e. lower/middle/upper class)? lower upper class
5) Where were you born? New York City
6) Where do you live now? New City, NY (a suburb of NYC)
7) What is your education (High School, Graduate, College)? still in High School
10) What are your parent(s) religion? (please specify for Mom and Dad) both Jewish

and J-man stop trying to be intelligent by saying "scientifically, race doesn't exist" because science does acknowledge races

3) What is your age? 19
5) Where were you born? Grand Rapids, MI
6) Where do you live now? Mount Pleasant, MI, when college is in session. On breaks (since I live in a dorm), I go back to my parent's in Warren, MI.
7) What is your education (High School, Graduate, College)? Currently in the second semester of my first year of college.
8) If you did go through college (or are currently in it) where did you go? Central Michigan University.
9) If you went through college, how much education did you receive (Masters, PHD, Doctrine etc.)? I'm currently in my first year. As I'm planning on majoring in Psychology currently, I'm hoping to earn my Doctorate so that I can get a job in the field. Not sure what particular field of Psychology I want to go into yet, so I can't give specifics on the doctorate I want yet.
10) What are your parent(s) religion? (please specify for Mom and Dad) Both parents are Christian (Protestant).
11) What is your religious belief? Atheism.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Scientifically, races are genetic traits, like eye and hair colors.
Races are at best extremely poor approximates for an entirely unscientific notion. Skin color is a genetic trait. Race is not.

Unless you seriously believe you can count a Kenyan, a black guy from Detroit, and a dark-skinned Ecuadoran in the same "Race" despite obvious and overwhelming differences in how they would describe themselves. Nevermind all the mixed race people you run into. If your dad was Black-Irish and your mom was a light-skinned Argentine-Asian and you ended up with a light tan skin tone and blue eyes, please inform me what genetic material we'd be looking for to determine your "race." Using the old Caucasoid, Negroid, Mongoloid model, I'd call such a person "Mongreloid" because they are at once all of the above and yet none of the above.

But even that doesn't get into the ultimate in laughable race approximations: Hispanic. A "racial" trait that seems to be based more on what language you or your parents speak than any actual genetic content. What about Pacific Islander? What genes are we looking at to determine if you came from an island in the pacific?

Which isn't really the point. Gen's professor is presumably asking people to characterize themselves as one of the stereotypical racial types.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2) What is your race? Sri Lankan
3) What is your age? 21
5) Where were you born? Montreal, Quebec, Canada
6) Where do you live now? Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
7) What is your education (High School, Graduate, College)? Some College
8) If you did go through college (or are currently in it) where did you go? Simon Fraser University
9) If you went through college, how much education did you receive (Masters, PHD, Doctrine etc.)? Will be finished my Bachelor's next year and intend to stop there
10) What are your parent(s) religion? (please specify for Mom and Dad) Hindu (both)

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Should just be your city, here in Mexico 90% of the guys I know are catholic.
Well one of the things I am planning to look at is how your ethnicity is going to influence your religious values. As a generalization (and with some data from my town!) most Hispanics are often Catholic, so I'll of course look at other fact, but that is interesting Rey, thanks.

Which isn't really the point. Gen's professor is presumably asking people to characterize themselves as one of the stereotypical racial types.
more or less, I am doing this paper independently since he, my teacher, basically said 'you will have a research paper on any topic of your choosing due in one week', so I figured I would try to make generalizations about how one's life would influence their beliefs. So I picked some very broad topics (ethnicity, wealth, schooling, parent's values, and what type of community you have been exposed to) and then I will try to draw some conclusions from it.

1) What is your gender?
2) What is your race?
3) What is your age?
5) Where were you born?

thanks for the help guys!
1) Male.
2) Caucasian (Father English, Mother Irish).
3) 21, 22 in July.
4) Middle, or Upper-Middle, I think. I don't really know how to categorise class; my Dad came from the sticks in Liverpool, went to university and is now a sales manager in a software company, my mother left school at 16 and became a nurse, now works as an Office Admin in the local primary school.
5) Chichester, England.
6) Central Coast, NSW, Australia.
7) Honours degree in Physics, currently undertaking a bachelors in law.
8) University of Sydney, Australia for both.
9) After next year, I will have BSc. (Advanced) (Hons I), and an LLB. (Possibly with honours, but unlikely). I will almost certainly do postgraduate stuff after that, but not immediately.
10) Atheist/None to both (although formally Church of England, I think, or possibly Catholic as my brother is in a Catholic school, but neither he nor they are actually religious)
11) Atheist/None, although during primary school I had to nondenominational Christian scripture classes until about Year 5.

1) Dude
2) Caucasian (Jewish / East European ethnicity)
3) 18
4) Upper Class (Big bucks yo)
5) Winnipeg, Canada
6) Winnipeg, Canada
7) first year University / Colledge
8) University of Winnipeg
9) N/A
10) Jew x 2
11) Jew-ish

2) What is your race? Caucasian (English Background)
3) What is your age? 17
4) what is your social status (i.e. lower/middle/upper class)? Upper Middle
5) Where were you born? Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
6) Where do you live now? Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
7) What is your education (High School, Graduate, College)? High School (Final year)
8) If you did go through college (or are currently in it) where did you go? N/A
9) If you went through college, how much education did you receive (Masters, PHD, Doctrine etc.)?N/A
10) What are your parent(s) religion? (please specify for Mom and Dad) Roman Catholic Mum / Atheist Dad

3) What is your age? 30
4) what is your social status (i.e. lower/middle/upper class)? Lower-middle class
5) Where were you born? Vancouver, BC, Canada
6) Where do you live now? Kelowna, BC, Canada
7) What is your education (High School, Graduate, College)? A couple years into my Bachelor of Arts degree
8) If you did go through college (or are currently in it) where did you go? University of Winnipeg
9) If you went through college, how much education did you receive (Masters, PHD, Doctrine etc.)? Bachelors still in progress
10) What are your parent(s) religion? (please specify for Mom and Dad) Christian
11) What is your religious belief? Athiest

1) Male
2) Caucasian
3) 16
4) Upper Middle Class
5) Sydney, Australia
6) Sydney, Australia
7) High School
8) N/A
9) N/A
10) Both are Christian
11) Agnostic

1) Male
2) the whitey
3) 18
4) middle
5) Newcastle, England
6) York, England
7) First year of Uni
8) at University of York
9) Doing a BSc
10)Both agnostic
11)I think there is a god

This should be the new a/s/l

1. male
2. asian
3. 14
4. low class (we scrape by on some investments my dad made...but it means i never grew up with luxuries like holidays, video games or toys)
5. sydney, australia
6. sydney
7. high school
8. no
9. no
10. buddhists
11. protestant christian

1) Male
2) Caucasian
3) 16
4) middle
5) Wollongong, Australia
6) Wollongong still
7) High school
8) ~
9) ~
10) both atheists
11) What is your religious belief? Christian

1) Male
2) Caucasian
3) 22
4) Middle
5) Manchester, England
6) Rossendale, England
7) Graduate
8) University of Sheffield, England
9) Masters
10) Atheist (I think). Non-religious at least
11) Atheist. Agnostic is a laughable term, same as Atheist for all intents and purposes. Atheists aren't fundies, it's a default

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)