Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but I'm still a little confused in inheritance. Let's say I put X/X/X/X/31/0 in the search box and get my seeds, can the other numbers be anything like

19/6/13/15/31/0? And then I can just plug the seeds till I get a reasonable one with the exact IV order?

Oh, it sounded like you checked the PID, which you can do with Pokecheck (i.e. upload a pokemon to that server, then be able to see exactly what the PID is)

Thanks, but I'm still a little confused in inheritance. Let's say I put X/X/X/X/31/0 in the search box and get my seeds, can the other numbers be anything like

19/6/13/15/31/0?
Yeah, you just need to make sure you find a PIF that inherits HP, Attack, and Defense from the parents in that case.

Yeah, I don't recommend it.

How ARE you verifying frames?
Also, describe your process more in detail.
I need to pinpoint your mistake.

Okay so I collect the egg, catch a Pokemon, use Metalkid's IV calculator to figure out it's IVs, it's pretty spot on. So I look under the Method 5 Standard Seed tab in the main window of RNG reporter and search for the IVs to make sure I hit the seed. If I hit it, I hatch the Pokemon, level it up and plug in the IVs in Metalkid's calculator. Since I know my frame 8 spread is 8/10/31/31/30/23, I can usually tell what's been inherited and what hasn't been. So I'll narrow down the Breeding tab based on nature and ability, and then I have to manually scroll through the spreads and match up inherited stats and the frame's stats. I can tell pretty quickly though, but I ignore anything past 1000 which might be bad if it turns out my PID frame is really in the 1000's or higher.

ah ok and a last question before I attempt this

In the Breeding BW there's Ma and Fe for parent inheritance. My target seed would have to be

Blank/Ma/Blank/Blank/Ma/Fe or other variation?

Okay so I collect the egg, catch a Pokemon, use Metalkid's IV calculator to figure out it's IVs, it's pretty spot on. So I look under the Method 5 Standard Seed tab in the main window of RNG reporter and search for the IVs to make sure I hit the seed. If I hit it, I hatch the Pokemon, level it up and plug in the IVs in Metalkid's calculator. Since I know my frame 8 spread is 8/10/31/31/30/23, I can usually tell what's been inherited and what hasn't been. So I'll narrow down the Breeding tab based on nature and ability, and then I have to manually scroll through the spreads and match up inherited stats and the frame's stats. I can tell pretty quickly though, but I ignore anything past 1000 which might be bad if it turns out my PID frame is really in the 1000's or higher.
If your frame is varying so heavily, the only thing I can think of is somehow you're doing something wrong and NPCs are moving.

You're chattering by viewing Chatot's summary, right? Not selecting Chatter and recording a new one?

lol yeah, just viewing the summary. I'll keep going at it till I hit something shiny anyway. Thanks for trying to help me (:

The frame shouldn't vary. You should be able to find something in the correct range, I'd suggest looking closely at the range you should have landed ^^;

Yeah I have an idea. I'm going to try "chattering" a little at a time to see if I can see a consistent advancement. If not, then I'll just re-save and aim for a different spread.

Thanks for your search suggestion and the ssf works perfectly (without it I miss the frame). I was doing a similar search before but I was being a bit too specific. Once I set the other 3 IVs to none I got a ton of usable results. Found me 2 very nice seeds for flawless shiny breeding with ability 0 and 1 on frame 91 and 119 and I even used it to breed a shiny HP ice Eevee (<3 Jolteon). :)

if I have a seed and its 31/31/31/x/x/x and the inheritance is x/x/x/ma/ma/ma but i'm using a ditto - which gender is ditto? is it the opposite of the other pokemon? if so, what about genderless breeding?

i had another question but i couldnt figure out how to explain it properly (its too late for me to be awake haha). i'll try reading this again in the morning and maybe i'll get it then! ;p great guide by the way!

I just needed to. Check that I'm doing this right.
in the time finder I type in 3 ivs to be 31, and search with standard method.
I find one I want, and use that seed in the main bit of the RNG reporter. I type in the nature of the poke that is holding the ever stone, input the dame ivs as I did in the time finder, put the nature and ability as any, and hit generate.
Then I find a result where (because I have a flawless ditto which is male) there are 3 male inheritance stats that match the 3 other gaps not covered by the rng. I look what frame it is at (145) take 1 off because I start on a one, load the game at the time finder time, and advance the frame by 144 (walk 128 with 4 pokes in the party 36 times), and then collect the egg. Oh, and does the target frame from the time you use in the time finder matter at all?

No, you should be using a frame 8 IV spread so you don't walk at all to advance it. The egg will come from frame 8 when you're on frame 1. That's why in every step of the guide, I say to take the egg as soon as you load the game, or load the menu, view chatot's summary as soon as you load the game, some number of itimes and then take the egg as soon as you exit the menu.

Ah sorry, I was confusing myself with other RNGing methods.
I still don't understand the chatot though, it just doesn't make sense to me.
I wil have another read of it when I have finishes this work.
Ps, nice guide.

The IVRNG and the PIDRNG are completely separate. IVRNG is what you advance by walking 128 steps with some X number of Pokemon in your party.

You can't usually do that for eggs, because you lose control over the PIDRNG while walking (due to NPCs on route 3). Chatot advances the PIDRNG by one frame every time you look at its summary when its cry is recorded.

@Tesseraction, all I'm trying to get is a flawless Timid Deino, not bothered about shiny and ability, and I have an everstone Timid Deino with a flawless Ditto in the day care.
I'm not sure which part of what section I read, they overlap quite a lot :S

Either method 1 or 2 will work for you.
Edit: but if you will be unlikely to find a flawless spread on frame 8.

I suggest you learn how to do 1/2 with a pentaflawless spread and then you can use method 3 to get a hexflawless one.
You may get lucky and get a flawless one with a pentaflawless spread, though, if you just keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)