Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is still an issue with the RNG reporter as far as predicting genders in DW breeding..

When i was trying to check my SSF i hatched a female with the same inheritance as frame 54 but as you can clearly see it says it can only be a male.

Since that was the closest one though i took a shot in the dark chattered a 165 times and it worked and i hatched my beauty with the right nature/ability/ ivs but i thought i would just put that out there so people know.

Well, the PID in frame 54 can never be a female gligar. Gender is basically PID % 256, so in gligar's case anything 127 or higher is male. The PID in frame 54 is 206 mod 256, so there's something else going on.

The ones in time finder are for random encounters, which are somewhat related to the ones for eggs.

Not all random encounter shiny frames end up showing up in eggs. Use the frame in breeding.

Just one thing to add: I can RNG eggs, but when I was learning, I noticed that I was hitting seeds with Timer0+1 if I was holding 2+ keys. My DS Parameters are:

With no buttons held: C7E on Timer0
I can hit easily seeds with C7F as Timer0 when I use seeds of 3 Keypresses.

Maybe some people have the same issue as me, others not. I'm using a DS Lite.

Just one thing to add: I can RNG eggs, but when I was learning, I noticed that I was hitting seeds with Timer0+1 if I was holding 2+ keys. My DS Parameters are:

With no buttons held: C7E on Timer0
I can hit easily seeds with C7F as Timer0 when I use seeds of 3 Keypresses.

Maybe some people have the same issue as me, others not. I'm using a DS Lite.
Timer0 can still fluctuate, it's not even consistent that way for everyone, but if it works for you, then it might work for someone else :)

First, I gotta say thank you so much for this guide! It's help me so much as a complete newbie when it comes to RNG.

I'm trying to use your Python method but this error comes up every time I type the needed information into it:

>>> from poketools import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>
from poketools import *
File "C:\Python32\poketools.py", line 1
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I just redownloaded/deleted the file 20 times and the same error pops up.
'The archive is either in unknown format or damaged'

I guess I can use that method then, ahaha.

The filebox link worked but the link in the sixth post still doesn't for me.
I hope I didn't inconvenience you and thank you!

Well I found out what was wrong. I put the wrong parent in the daycare. I thought the everstone parent was Bold natured but it wasn't. Cue facepalm.

hmmm remember that discussion with someone else in the other RNG thread about slasher getting a shiny but not the correct nature terrsection?I experimented the same thing.

My PID started in 53 and my shiny was on 100 with relaxed greyed nature.So it should not be changeable with everstone.And yet it resulted in the adamant natured i wanted.99 and 101 frame was adamant changeable by everstone.Is this an error of RNG reporter?It looks like the natures are one off in PID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)