General News Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice! A white liberal attacks the style over the substance of a Trumptard's post. Groundbreaking.

Shrug
I get that this is a post-truth and postmodernist world. From my watching of video, there were punches and objects being thrown on Ngo. This represents an escalation in political tactics being used IMO. Furthermore, you are defending it as an acceptable part of political discourse.
Since you think that this situation is manufactured, the justification for escalation of violence in politics is even less acceptable. Why do you need to do anything except for sitting back and let the dumb nazis punch their brains out to stage false flags. But instead, you are advocating for further violence and dismissing milkshaking as insignificant or whatever.
Would it be a stretch to say that you actually want a violent escalation in political discourse, and that you're willing to say anything to justify it?

let me make it very clear then. your motivation is to incite more violence in politics and you don't even have any reason to justify it.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
orch you understand that you have to articulate a theory of violence before accusing me of that correct? nowhere did i advocate for violence in my posts in this thread. seems like a pretty obvious weird lie. though i can support the n1n1 position that violence is funny when it happens, which it did not on the streets of portland. what did happen was also p funny though.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
i'll give you a hint to get started: consider the differences between not-violent and nonviolent. the latter, as practiced by MLK and others, is a specific and intentional political decision used strategically. what it meant in is they would not react to situations that by any moral calculus would justify "violence" (the mechanical kind) that would not be "violent" (the sanctioned thus by-its-nature-political kind). when crossing that bridge it would have been morally unimpeachable for the marchers to defend themselves from the assault by the police. they did not do that, which was probably the correct decision strategically, but it had a cost: the actual pain, suffering, and bloodshed caused by the alabama troopers. not-violence is not this. does this help organize your thinking?

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
not violence: forcing ppl to have ur babies, interning immigrants, queer bashing (note: you must hold free speech rally for it to be not violence)

violence: glitterbombing a journalist at the queer bashers' free speech rally

thats what i heard on the am sports radio and im sticking to it

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Orch out here saying things have been escalated by anti fascists for punching a bootlicker and throwing milkshakes at him when Proud Boys have literally been committing hate crimes and murders over the years. Like my guy proud boys came out in force for the Charlottesville rally, the one in which a white supremacist drove a car through a crowd and killed an anti fascist counter protester.

Antifa is just unbelievably terrifying and need to be stopped for *squints at notes* punching people who aid and abet those who not only commit hate crimes but also advocate for stricter systemic violence against many/all marginalized people.

Andy Ngo is a piece of shit and a propagandist for neo Nazis. Not a stainless journalist innocent of any wrongdoing. Honestly any time anyone like him comes around and tries to recruit for neo Nazis they should get a swift kick to the balls and a milkshake to the face like any proper clown show.

McInnes disavowed unite the right and the proud boys had no official presence in charlottesville. No dog in this fight but it would behoove you to avoid saying things that are false and easily verifiable.

Myzozoa

lol 'no official prsence' search jason kessler ppl, i guess we shud just take ur word for it right, i mean im sure you disavow things too

https://web.archive.org/web/2017072...nes-virginia-unite-the-right-rally-disavowed/

"That being said, if a chapter or an individual Proud Boy feels compelled to go, we encourage him to do so. Chapter autonomy is a big part of the group as well as personal liberty.
"
mindlessly reiterating half hearted past disavowals and ignoring the actual messaging is pathetic repetition of nazi talkin points

Myzozoa

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...gnsNyOLAmxTqSQcgbRYiBDX-bmKI1rv7M6T3MHCkBAt2Q

"
"There is one group of interests that have only benefited from the refugee crisis, and in particular from the European Union's investment in 'securing' its borders,'" the report finds. "They are the military and security companies that provide the equipment to border guards, the surveillance technology to monitor frontiers, and the IT infrastructure to track population movements."
The report shows that "far from being passive beneficiaries of EU largesse, these corporations are actively encouraging a growing securitization of Europe's borders, and willing to provide ever more draconian technologies to do this."
In the past decade, the report says, corporate players have viewed intractable Middle East warfare as a windfall: "Several large international arms companies cited instability in the Middle East to assure investors about future prospects for their business. The arms companies are assisted by European governments, which actively promote European arms in the region and are very reluctant, to say the least, to impose stricter arms export policies."

"
The report details how a steady flow of arms from outside the Middle East supplies all players in multi-part conflicts, such as Syria's civil war, with an endless supply of high-tech weaponry—thus ensuring that those conflicts endure.
And as these wars create more and more refugees who seek asylum in Europe, the very same corporations are lobbying the EU to 'securitize' its borders against them—thus creating additional profit for those in the business of militarization."

under neoliberal capitalism refugee camps become concentration camps for the purposes of furnishing a profit to share holders. The impulse to have refugee camps serve the state or serve shareholders places them in an archipelago of state and corporate institutions of control that manage stateless ppl's lives in the interest of governments, which are themselves beholden to corporate lobbies seeking to insure their profits. the same companies that profit from concentrating refugees in jails are also involved in building the wall w mexico and selling surveillance technologies to israel and china. stateless people rendered infinitely useful to the corporate state: administration of their bodies is put to use by corporations for a profit at the same time as citizens are warned of the existential threat they pose to cause them to consent to militarization of society.

Last edited:
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...gnsNyOLAmxTqSQcgbRYiBDX-bmKI1rv7M6T3MHCkBAt2Q

"
"There is one group of interests that have only benefited from the refugee crisis, and in particular from the European Union's investment in 'securing' its borders,'" the report finds. "They are the military and security companies that provide the equipment to border guards, the surveillance technology to monitor frontiers, and the IT infrastructure to track population movements."
The report shows that "far from being passive beneficiaries of EU largesse, these corporations are actively encouraging a growing securitization of Europe's borders, and willing to provide ever more draconian technologies to do this."
In the past decade, the report says, corporate players have viewed intractable Middle East warfare as a windfall: "Several large international arms companies cited instability in the Middle East to assure investors about future prospects for their business. The arms companies are assisted by European governments, which actively promote European arms in the region and are very reluctant, to say the least, to impose stricter arms export policies."

"
The report details how a steady flow of arms from outside the Middle East supplies all players in multi-part conflicts, such as Syria's civil war, with an endless supply of high-tech weaponry—thus ensuring that those conflicts endure.
And as these wars create more and more refugees who seek asylum in Europe, the very same corporations are lobbying the EU to 'securitize' its borders against them—thus creating additional profit for those in the business of militarization."

under neoliberal capitalism refugee camps become concentration camps for the purposes of furnishing a profit to share holders. The impulse to have refugee camps serve the state or serve shareholders places them in an archipelago of state and corporate institutions of control that manage stateless ppl's lives in the interest of governments, which are themselves beholden to corporate lobbies seeking to insure their profits. the same companies that profit from concentrating refugees in jails are also involved in building the wall w mexico and selling surveillance technologies to israel and china. stateless people rendered infinitely useful to the corporate state: their administration of their bodies is put to use by corporations for a profit at the same time as citizens are warned of the existential threat they pose to the citizens.
What's going on in China is actually a massive cause for concern. If camera systems can be installed and infiltrate every aspect of your private life, what's stopping them from wiretapping your phone conversations and arresting you simply you have beliefs that aren't 'pro china' or 'Pro communism' enough?

I'm gonna dump my Huawei mobile once it dies and never get a xiaomi or Huawei ever again.

Myzozoa

What's going on in China is actually a massive cause for concern. If camera systems can be installed and infiltrate every aspect of your private life, what's stopping them from wiretapping your phone conversations and arresting you simply you have beliefs that aren't 'pro china' or 'Pro communism' enough?

I'm gonna dump my Huawei mobile once it dies and never get a xiaomi or Huawei ever again.
all smart phones have backdoors for gov survellance, which is used even by us gov to monitor activities, so unless you give up smart phones im not sure if it will produce the desired effect, nor am i sure why china in particular shud be singled out when ur own western gov maintains the same capacities. yes chinese surveillance state is bad, and part of why it is so bad is that technology is coming back to be used by western govs against their citizens

all smart phones have backdoors for gov survellance, which is used even by us gov to monitor activities, so unless you give up smart phones im not sure if it will produce the desired effect, nor am i sure why china in particular shud be singled out when ur own western gov maintains the same capacities. yes chinese surveillance state is bad, and part of why it is so bad is that technology is coming back to be used by western govs against their citizens
When you are as tyrranical as xi Jinping you will go to crazy lengths to police the thoughts of your own people and make them bend to your will.

Heartbreaking isn't it. Thank God George Orwell's animal farm is taught in my high school.

not violence: forcing ppl to have ur babies, interning immigrants, queer bashing (note: you must hold free speech rally for it to be not violence)

violence: glitterbombing a journalist at the queer bashers' free speech rally

thats what i heard on the am sports radio and im sticking to it
Naaaaah the demonetization of Steven Crowder was uncalled for. Maza cried wolf, played the victim card and followed to cry for more YouTube censorship which YouTube themselves refused. He deserved every single backlash and criticism thrown on him.

^proceeds to try to play the gay card which completely backfired for him. The like to dislike ratio really REALLY says it all lmao. No one is buying it. This like to dislike ratio is even worse than COD infinite warfare. That says something.

Even his own Ted talk video had to have the comment section disabled especially after the crowder incident.

^gotta love the like to dislike ratio. You are literally damaging the reputation of Vox news.

Meanwhile independent outlets like Tim pool, Mark dice and even fox news see their viewership growing while CNN and buzz feed is sacking people in large droves. I think at this point you should determine what direction is American journalism going.

Last edited:
VANCOUVER — A B.C. Human Rights Tribunal hearing devolved into repeated outbursts and name-calling this week as it considered a transgender woman’s complaint that a home-based salon discriminated against her by denying her a Brazilian wax.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...to-transgender-womans-brazilian-wax-complaint

I think that the salon owner has right to turn down service based on incompatible sex differences, regardless of the gender identity. The male genitalia has thin skin which is unsuitable for Brazilian wax.

"Crowder is right actually. Maza is in the wrong." - a genuinely fucking offensive take. Jesus.
Vox already has some of the worst like to dislike ratios amongst other news outlets on YouTube but if you pick the ones with maza in especially after the incident between his quarrel with crowder they literally say it all.

nooooooo the like t dislike ratio is worse than a call of duty trailer (this is how i sincerely form my political opinions)
One single video doesn't paint the whole picture but if you bothered to look at the response videos other you tubers made as well as Mazas following videos it says a lot. The aftermath following the incident also generated quite a bit of heat.

Also were not talking 50:50 or 40:60 like to dislike its literally over 95% dislike as of this post. Doesn't that at least say something?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So, it was announced that Boris (Conservative party) will become Prime Minister of UK quite soon.
And the opposing parties (Labour and Lib Dems) had been calling him Nazi, Trump's friend and all sorts of things.
They are also organizing protests against Boris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)