Pet Mod Generation X (Region 2 - Completed, Playtesting)

No one of the Starter Movepools submissions included an exclusive move. Do we want them?

• Make the submitters of the winning movepools suggest the exclusive moves (they won't be voted)

• Make a slate overlapped with the next one to decide them

• We don't need exclusive moves, not all starters had them

Results are only viewable after voting.
Name: Ultra Types
Effect: Ultra Types would be a Primal Reversion-style mechanic where pokemon can gain new types that are stronger than the rest of the type chart. No pokemon would naturally have these types, or learn moves of them. However, if holding a particular item, a pokemon can have its secondary type overwritten by an Ultra Type corresponding to the item. The first STAB move in the pokemon's moveset would become an Ultra Move, basically a regular attacking move with stats depending on the max PP of the move it's replacing. You can only gain an Ultra Type once per match.
Universal: Yes
Flavor: The items are formed by Mudaracan (an ultra beast) when it consumes Green/Red/Blue shards, and expelled when it's forced back into its Hibernant form by Calaguaca and Poruvia.
Justification: A universal mechanic that upgrades one of the pokemon on your team. Could be especially helpful to pokemon that are held back by their typing. Certain Pokemon could get unique moves when they transform, similar to Gigantamax moves vs. Dynamax moves.

The cost of the item slot is made up for by the Ultra Types being stronger than a regular type. 1-3 Ultra Types would probably be reasonable. Limiting the number of possible types keeps things easier to prepare for.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Name: Bountiful Burmy Formes
Effect: There are multiple species of Pokemon in this region that change to new forms after visiting certain areas. When they take new forms, their learnsets change, and this lets them draw on multiple learnsets to complete a moveset. This trait can carry into evolution or not, depending on the Pokemon. These formes can have stat changes and/or ability changes as well, depending on the submitter.
Universal?: No
Flavor: A different kind of adaptation. Ensures something is simple to code while exploring new ways to make custom mons.
Justification: Haven't been to Florida, but I've been told the geography is quite diverse, which could lead to some species having different adaptation strategies. It does add a lot of work on our end as these Pokemon would essentially be 2+ mons in one, but I think that's the fun part.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Name: Ability Amulets
Effect: Activates as soon as the user switches in, and the in-game message will announce what Extra Ability it is having. Ability Amulets are immune to item interactions such as Knock Off. More than one Ability Amulet can be given per team, but it comes with a caveat of not using a held item, obviously. If the user’s Ability is the same as the held Amulet, that Amulet will not take effect to prevent stacking. There are two types of Ability Amulets:
  • Generic (simply Ability Amulets in-game): Grants an additional Ability depending on the Amulet.
  • Special (called Special Amulets in-game; (Pokémon) Amulet for individual ones): Grants a different additional Ability to a specific Pokémon.
Universal?: Yes, with Signatures
Flavor: Originally ancestral items crafted by the indegenous people of Loria, Ability Amulets become a popular choice for Pokémon battlers of the region. Said to be extracted from natural energy of Poruvia and Calaguaca during their time they were revered, each individual Ability Amulets allows Pokémon to perform they couldn’t do by themselves. When enough Ability Amulets are gathered, the weathers become more pleasant and the biomes to prosper better for months. It is said that the Ability Amulets are what Poruvia and Calaguaca to keep Mudaracan at bay, and that without the Amulets, Mudaracan will be able to feast on the nature, putting thousands if not millions in danger, and the unstable weathers will take a much worse turn as well.
Justification: Allows further customization on teambuilding and variety, alongside more niche teams like Hail to shine, without putting in severe power creep like what Mega Evolution and Dynamax did. Getting only an extra Ability at cost of not being able to run Choice Scarf, Leftovers and so on is compensated with being able to run more than one per team.
  • Icy Heal Amulet: Ice Body
  • Bug-Eyes Amulet: Compound Eyes
  • Rotund Amulet: Thick Fat
  • Toxic-Proof Amulet: Pastel Veil
  • Mirror Amulet: Mirror Armor
  • Fist Amulet: Iron Fist
  • Flower Amulet: Flower Veil
  • Solid Amulet: Solid Rock
  • Absorbant Amulet: Water Absorb
  • Breakdown Amulet: Mold Breaker
  • Circulation Amulet: Volt Absorb
  • Sleepless Amulet: Aroma Veil
  • Dusty Amulet: Shield Dust

Special Amulets will be made through slates. Obligatory Pikachu Amulet will be Transistor.

Last edited:
Name:Armored Pokemon
Effect: If holding an armor that corresponds to a specfic type the pokemon will gain that type as well as a 1.2x defense and special defense increase, however the armor isn‘t permanent,it has its own separate hp stat(to clarify this when a pokemon attacks another pokemon wearing armor it damages both the pokemon and the armor and the hp stat for all armor is 100) and if the armors hp is depleted the pokemon wearing the armor will lose the new type they gained and their defense will be decreased by 0.5x. On top of that armor decreases a pokemons speed stat by 20%. If the pokemon’s armor is destroyed their speed will turn back to normal. Every Pokemon will gain the move Armor Assault that only works when armor is on the pokemon, The move is 60 base power and it will be physical or special depending on the pokemon’s higher attack stat, It‘s type matches which ever type of armor the pokemon is currently wearing. This item cannot be knocked off and it isn’t effected by Trick,Switcheroo or Magic Room. There will also be armor’s that only work on specific pokemon,these armors can change the base stats of the pokemon that’s wearing them and they will change Armour Assualt to a new signature move.
Universal: Yes,with signatures
Flavor: A long time ago people used to put armour on their pokemon in order to gain an edge in battle this armour was made out of a special metal named Enhisnus unfortunately due to the overuse of naturally occurring Enhisnus armor on Pokemon slowly faded away that was until very recently a meteor hit the Lorisa region and it contained a rich supply of Enhisnus, Now pokemon trainer’s frequently use the new supply of Enhisnus to strengthen their capabialties in battle
Justifaction: Alow’s more customization teambuilding by adding extra types to pokemon, It also provides for a way to buff certain pokemon with out giving them new forms additonaly it allows for new never before seen type combo’s to be used in battle and it provides a powerful but not overcentralizing new battle mechanic

Name: Lorian Madness
Effect: The pokemon consumes the Lorian Crystal it holds to receive a 50% power boost to its moves for three turns. During this time any effects the moves have are increased by 20% and also include the 10% chance to confuse the opponent. The crystal can only be used by one pokemon per team.
Universal?: Yes
Flavor: There exists a certain madness that infects pokemon that causes them to do absurd things within Loria. Often time these events are published to outside regions causing much confusion among the masses. It has become so common that the meme known as Loria Mon was born.
Justification: I gotta be honest I'm just trying to translate the absurdity of Florida Man into a competitive mechanic. I figured this was like a decent way to go about it, even if it is basically just a worse version of dynamax.

Last edited:
Name: Trainer Skills
Effect: A mechanic that takes inspiration from PLA, you select the button and it changes all your moves into 4 different trainer skills, which you can select to have there effect before using this move. So you use a trainer skill and a move in the same turn, but you can only use one skill per game. Here are the 4 different trainer skills, (Or at least suggestions)
Strong Style: Lets your pokemon deal 30% more damage and break protection
Agile Style: Gives your move +1 priority but at .75% power.
Dodge: You have infinte evasion (you still can be hit by moves that never miss), but your attack deals .75% damage.
Focus: Your move cannot miss, and you have the effects of oblivious for the turn. Your crit ratio is also boosted by 1 for the turn. Moves that take a recharge turn will no longer require one.
Universal?: Yes, signatures for some Pokemon can replace an effect of one their skills.
Flavor: Ever wanted to dodge and block tell your Pokémon to do things that aren't moves like in the anime? Well with trainer skills you can! Around Loria, you will meet interesting trainers that can teach you different skills to add to your arsenal. The art of Trainer Skills is an Ancient technique discovered in Loria, and only Pokemon experts in Loria know how to use them, so you'll start getting them about after the 3rd gym.
Justification: This a deeper breakdown of each effect and how I think they will be used competitively. I tried to keep the effects modest so they aren't too strong, but still retain good use.

Brawn Boost: A nice damage boost for one turn to break something, similar to a z move. Will be very good in doubles to ensure you hit a pokemon protecting that turn.
Accelerate: Great to deny faster revenge killers and is generally good for a slow breakers like crawdaunt to get a nice attack in.
Dodge: Big for haze walls and phazers to make sure they can live a hit and halt a sweep. Also a great move to deny revenge killers and you can straight up dodge a hit, granted they don't use focus or have an always hit move.
Focus: Focus is specialized for those really strong moves like zap cannon and hyper beam, and also ensures you wont miss for the turn. Which is also really nice as it lets you counter dodge.

Name: Magical Moves
Effect: Certain moves with typically wide distribution have additional effects when used by certain Pokémon that have come into contact with Magical Dust. For example, Dragon Claw is normally and 80 BP Dragon-type move, but if a certain Pokémon (let's say Garchomp) is exposed to to Magical Dust, Garchomp's Dragon Claw becomes 100 BP and has a 30% chance to lower the target's Defense by 1.
Flavor: Your player character would be exposed to Magical Dust after your first encounter with the evil team, with one of their admins using it to power up their ace's best move. You learn that, while scientists and Gym Leaders have known of its existence for quite awhile and it's even commercialized, nobody knows where it comes from. Recently, the evil team has been hoarding it for their own Pokémon, citing that it adds to the "magic" of their operations. You learn late in the game that the dust are fragments of limestone produced in waters that are specifically blessed by Calaguaca and Poruvia
Justification: I went for a very simple idea, but one that can have a major effect on battles. Basically, just take some common move or even a mon's signature move, and give it an additional effect and/or some power when a specific Pokemon uses it. There are a LOT of things you can do with this, from making weak STAB moves stronger, to adding synergistic effects, even to changing the types of move, who knows. Should be fun to play around with while not turning the entire meta on its head or anything.

Meant to do this earlier, but I'm gonna go through the subs real quick and point out any uncodeable or unintentionallybbroken things. I wanted to do this earlier, but I'm doing it so late, I will extend submissions for another 12 hours to compensate

Name: Ability Tutors
Effect: For a small fee, often some items, you can unlock 1, or even 2 specie specific new abilities that they didn’t have.
Universal?: Mostly yes. I say mostly because it’s on a mon by mon basis and not all have an ability let alone 2 but the large majority do benefit. The 2 abilities are set in stone and aren’t randomized.
Flavor: The ability masters are out in force and they are ready to teach. Look it’s not very region specific at all and can be a second access gimmick.
Justification: I mean unlocking new abilities for old Mons!? Can you really say no to that? We can have fun making ass loads of new ability setups. What’s not to love?!

Name: Unleash!
Effect: Take specific Pokémons on a little challenge to unleash them with potentially increased stats, different abilities/types and possibly improved movepools. The exact changes differ from mon to mon. And not all get access. Unleashed Mons have a different appearance to denote that they are so you know in battle if it’s unleashed enemy mon. Unleashed Mons are fair so if they have a regional variation then both forms have an unleash but the value the buffs or ability gains may provide might not be so even if certain parts of the pair are uneven. Some Mons have 2 possible unleashes. Unleashing is Permanent and Will trigger species clause. If an unleash mon can mega then the unleash will overwrite the ability to mega.
Universal?: Are you a garbage mon? Then get a buff! Some unleashes like Regigas simply give it a new ability and some spikes on its body. Others like Dunsparce, Sunflora and Spinda have major stat increases and other advantages.
As an example, Unleashed Banette gains a normal typing gets a stat boost of some degree and gets Guts as a replacement to Frisk but it can’t mega. All effects are subject to balance changes.
Flavor: The fountain of “youth” is the name of the game. You must unleash its inner night at the fountain of Proof. Such Florida.
Justification: A usable Raticate, Keckleon, Dewgong, Exeggcutor, Cramorant, Eiscue, Delibird, Delcatty, Muk… I can just pull up the list of NU and below and run through it all day.
The buffs provided is an almost anything goes (within reason) as to what the buffs can provide.
Both of these are legal, but you're only allowed to submit one mechanic, so you'll have to remove one (I'd recommend sticking with Unleash! because Ability Tutors are kind of a stretch on the definition of an in-game mechanic)

Name: Lorian Madness
Effect: The pokemon consumes the Lorian Crystal it holds to receive a 50% power boost to its moves for three turns. During this time any effects the moves have are increased by 20% and also include the 10% chance to confuse the opponent. The crystal can only be used by one pokemon per team.
Flavor: There exists a certain madness that infects pokemon that causes them to do absurd things within Loria. Often time these events are published to outside regions causing much confusion among the masses. It has become so common that the meme known as Loria Mon was born.
Justification: I gotta be honest I'm just trying to translate the absurdity of Florida Man into a competitive mechanic. I figured this was like a decent way to go about it, even if it is basically just a worse version of dynamax.
If this activates at any time like Dynamax, then it might be uncodeable as anything that requires a check box to activate is pretty much a no-go (if someone who's better at coding than me thinks otherwise then please lmk), but if activates as soon as you use a move then it's fine
EDIT: Actually, you might not have to change anything because it might be possible to just edit Dynamax to fit these mechanics

Name: Trainer Skills
Effect: A mechanic that takes inspiration from PLA, you select the button and it changes all your moves into 4 different trainer skills, which you can select to have there effect before using this move. So you use a trainer skill and a move in the same turn, but you can only use one skill per game. Here are the 4 different trainer skills, (Or at least suggestions)
Strong Style: Lets your pokemon deal 30% more damage and break protection
Agile Style: Gives your move +1 priority but at .75% power.
Dodge: You have infinte evasion (you still can be hit by moves that never miss), but your attack deals .75% damage.
Focus: Your move cannot miss, and you have the effects of oblivious for the turn. Your crit ratio is also boosted by 1 for the turn. Moves that take a recharge turn will no longer require one.
Universal?: Yes, signatures for some Pokemon can replace an effect of one their skills.
Flavor: Ever wanted to dodge and block tell your Pokémon to do things that aren't moves like in the anime? Well with trainer skills you can! Around Loria, you will meet interesting trainers that can teach you different skills to add to your arsenal. The art of Trainer Skills is an Ancient technique discovered in Loria, and only Pokemon experts in Loria know how to use them, so you'll start getting them about after the 3rd gym.
Justification: This a deeper breakdown of each effect and how I think they will be used competitively. I tried to keep the effects modest so they aren't too strong, but still retain good use.

Brawn Boost: A nice damage boost for one turn to break something, similar to a z move. Will be very good in doubles to ensure you hit a pokemon protecting that turn.
Accelerate: Great to deny faster revenge killers and is generally good for a slow breakers like crawdaunt to get a nice attack in.
Dodge: Big for haze walls and phazers to make sure they can live a hit and halt a sweep. Also a great move to deny revenge killers and you can straight up dodge a hit, granted they don't use focus or have an always hit move.
Focus: Focus is specialized for those really strong moves like zap cannon and hyper beam, and also ensures you wont miss for the turn. Which is also really nice as it lets you counter dodge.
Same sort of deal with the above, anything that requires a check box to work is probably out of reach, and this one would be harder since it would need 4 check boxes. However, if someone says that the above is possible, then this will probably be possible, too

Last edited:
Name: Genetic Engineering
Effect: Pokemon can be engineered genetically to change their DNA, changing their stats, attributes, and possibly typing.
For example, say a Chansey is genetically engineered to have a higher speed stat, increasing its speed, or a higher attack stat, defense stat, and so on. Later in the game, more advanced technology would be available to the player, and more changes could be made such as a change in typing, new moves, or even stuff like Porygon or Type: Null, making completely new pokemon. future ideas could be made through slates or something idk im not creative
Flavor: say this evil theme park tycoon wants to use genetic engineering on Pokemon for their show. (Look at Harry, the world's largest pikachu! or something like that idk). The opposing legendaries (and most citizens) are against this, saying it is "not natural". you could support this, using it to make your pokemon stronger, and possibly getting drawn into their schemes, or go against it. There could be different game progression or something, having different gameplay or endings, plus could have some postgame with mewtwo or something
Justification: not gonna lie, I have had an obsession with games with multiple routes and endings ever since I played undertale, but this could actually be kind of cool in competitive, making some bad pokemon good through changing bad type combinations like Abomasnow, giving moves to pokemon with shallow movepools like Flareon, or just changing up stats to make an overall better mon
Also i thought it would be cool to explore the ethics of genetic engineering because it interests me so yeah

Last edited:
Voting starts now!

All submissions are able to be voted on, as there's an off chance that Trainer Skills and Lorian Madness are codeable by repurposing Dynamax to fit them. Just be aware when voting that compromises might have to be made in the future if this ends up not being the case.

For this slate, we will have a ranked vote. You can vote for up to five submissions, which each submission receiving points based on what order you put them in. For example:

Mechanic A - Gets 5 points
Mechanic B - Gets 4 points
Mechanic C - Gets 3 points
Mechanic D - Gets 2 points
Mechanic E - Gets 1 point

If you vote for less than 5, the amount of points that the top vote gets is equal to the number of votes you did and it goes down by one from there.
You can't vote for yourself as first place or as your only vote.
Please use both the name of the person who subbed the mechanic and the mechanic's name when making a ballot.
Voting for "No Mechanic" is also an option

The sub with the most points wins

Voting will close in 36 hours

Last edited:
1. Ability Amulets (Samtendo09)
2. Genetic Engineering (creeperguy270)
3. Loria Megas (CharSiuEmboar)
4. Magical Moves (Yoshiblaze
5. Unleash! (Dilasc)

Ema Skye

Work!
1. No Gimmick
2. Bountiful Burmy Formes (Ema)
3. Ultra Types (Scoop)
4. Lorian Megas (charsiu)
5. Ability Amulets (Sam)

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
1. Lorian Megas (charsiu)
2. Bountiful Burmy Forms (Ema)
3. No Gimmick
4. Magical Moves (Yoshi) could maybe change the name on this if it wins? Hyper or Charged Moves maybe?
5. Ultra Types (Scoopa)

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Loria Megas
No Gimmick
Lorian Madness (probably has to be banned so it’s basically a funnier No Gimmick)
Magical Moves
Ultra Types

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
No Gimmick
Ability Amulet (me)
Bountiful Burmy Forms* (Ema)
Loria Megas (charsui)
Unleash! (Dilasx)

*I might suggest to rename to just Bountiful Forms, at least as an in-universe name.

Unleash! (Dilasc)
Magical Moves (Yoshiblaze; SV)
No Gimmick
Ability Amulets
(Samtendo09)
Lorian Megas (CharSui)

Might end voting early (perhaps after just 24 hours or maybe even 12) since we have a ton of ballots so far, but for now keep em coming

Since we got so many votes so fast and then nothing afterwards, I'm gonna end voting early!

Ability Amulets - 5 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 23
Genetic Engineering - 4 = 4
Loria Megas - 3 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 5 + 4 + 5 + 4 + 5 + 2 + 1 = 38
Magical Moves - 2 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 18
Unleash! - 1 + 1 + 5 = 7
Ultra Types - 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 17
Bountiful Forms - 2 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 19
Trainer Skills - 4 = 4
No Gimmick - 1 + 5 + 3 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 5 + 5 + 3 = 32
Lorian Madness - 1 + 2 = 3

Our generational mechanic will be New Mega Evolutions!
Name: Loria Megas
Effect: reintroduces the mega mechanic but only uses newly designed or reviewed megastones. This includes possible Primal Reversions for Legendaries.
Flavor: The mega mechanic is a very fun one conceptually, give a lesser used pokemon a big stat boost/stat redistribution in exchange and potential for different styles of play and more involvement in higher tiers. It was unfortunately coopted by more powerful mon who didnt NEED a mega, but got one and could just run ranpant over the metagame, e.g Mega Metagross.
Justification: this brings back one of the most wished for mechanics, without inherently bringing back Mega Pokemon considered overpowering from Gen 6. It gives the effectively 'Lorian Form' Megas without necessarily redesigning the base form.
As for how we'll handle giving out Mega Evolutions, some slates will give you the option give your sub a Mega Evolution, but most Megas will be given out after every mon has been voted in but before the Regional Dex is decided

And that's not all, as we're ready to announce the TM List!
There wasn't much discussion on what should be in the TM List, so we decided to use the TM List from last generation, created by Hematite, since it worked so well. You can see that list HERE. The list also gives us room to add new moves, which will be decided later
The only change we're making to this list is that TM58 will now be Play Rough. If any of your Pokemon get voted in, be sure to use this TM list if you decide to give it a full movepool. The list will also be on the spreadsheet, which will be out soon.

With that decided, it's time for probably the most exciting slate in the whole mod!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Starters -
:sm/rowlet::sm/combusken::sm/feraligatr:
Starter Pokemon are an essential part of any Pokemon adventure, being the Pokemon that you first obtain and usually take with you for the entire journey. Starters also tend to be some of the most popular Pokemon in any generation and usually decent competitively (in the generation their introduced in anyway), making them extremely important both to casual fans and competitive fans.

Rules
- You must sub a Starter Trio, with the primary typings of each starter being Grass, Fire, and Water respectively. (I've seen some cool ideas on Discord that slightly break this rule, so ask me before posting anything that might break this rule and I might make an exception)
- Each evolutionary line must be 3 Stages
- The first stage of the each starter must have a 305-320 BST, the second stage must have 405-420 BST, and the final stage must have 530-535 BST
- Starters must have exactly 2 abilities, with their primary ability being Overgrow (Grass), Blaze (Fire), or Torrent (Water)
- You can give the final evolutions of your starters Mega Evolutions. This is optional
- For any slate, you can create and distribute new moves and abilities. Distribution may be slightly altered by council if voted in.

Templates
Name: The name for your Pokémon
Evolution: For Pokémon that aren't Fully Evolved, list the name of their evolution and how they evolve here
Counterpart(s): Write the names of the counterpart of the Pokémon, write none or omit the field if there isn't any.
Typing: The typing of your Pokémon, remember to respect the rules, you can use these link for images: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png.
Abilities: Ability(ies) of the Pokémon. You can create new abilities for any Pokémon, just don't go overboard on the effects
Base Stats: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe (BST) You can write these in any configuration you want, the important thing is that you write a matching BST that also fits with slate-specific and general rules.
Height: How tall the Pokémon is in Meters (m). Optional
Weight: How heavy the Pokémon is in Kilograms (kg). Required for weight-based moves
Notable Moves: List the moves that this Pokémon will learn, both viable and flavor moves, though the former is more important. If your submission is voted in, you can create a full movepool for it at a later date.
Flavor/Design: Describe the lore/flavor/design of your Pokémon.
Potential Competitive Role: You can describe the role that your Pokémon will have in the new metagame

If you create any new moves, forms, Mega Evolutions, or abilities, just put them below the Pokémon in the same spoiler tag. Below is the template for Mega Evolutions

Name: The name for your Pokémon, preceded by the word "Mega"
Mega Stone: The name of the Pokémon's Mega Stone. Always ends with -ite.
Typing: The typing of your Pokémon, remember to respect the rules, you can use these link for images: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png.
Ability: Ability of the Mega. Megas can only have 1 ability. You can create new abilities for any Pokémon, just don't go overboard on the effects
Base Stats: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe (BST) You can write these in any configuration you want, the important thing is that you write a matching BST that also fits with slate-specific and general rules. Mega must have exactly +100 BST.
Height: How tall the Pokémon is in Meters (m). Optional
Weight: How heavy the Pokémon is in Kilograms (kg). Required for weight-based moves
Flavor/Design: Describe the lore/flavor/design of your Mega Pokémon.
Potential Competitive Role: You can describe the role that your Pokémon will have in the new metagame
Name: Name of the move
Power: Base Power of the Move
Accuracy: Accuracy of the Move. Has to be a multiple of 5
PP: Power Points of the Move without PP Maxes. Has to be a multiple of 5
Category: Physical, Special, or Status
Type: Type of the Move
Effect: What the move does. Can be a secondary effect or an inherent effect like Throat Chop's. Also include whether or not the move is a spread move
Priority: The priority bracket of the move. The standard priority of a move is 0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Specify which flags the move has. A full list can be found here.
Distribution: List the Pokémon that learn this move. The council ultimately decides what Pokémon get what moves
Justification: Describe the move in a flavor and/or competitive sense
Name: Name of the ability
Effect: What the ability does
Permanent (Yes or No): Permanent abilities are abilities that can't be suppressed, Skill Swapped, or copied
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): Specify whether or not the ability is ignored by Mold Breaker
Distribution: List the Pokémon that get this ability and what ability it replaces if applicable.
Justification: Describe the move in a flavor and/or competitive sense
Name:
Evolution:
Counterpart(s):
Typing:
Abilities:
Base Stats: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe (BST)
Height:
Weight:
Notable Moves:
Flavor/Design:
Potential Competitive Role:

Name:
Mega Stone:
Typing:
Ability:
Base Stats: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe (BST)
Height:
Weight:
Flavor/Design:
Potential Competitive Role:
Name:
Power:
Accuracy:
PP:
Category:
Type:
Effect:
Priority:
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound):
Distribution:
Justification:
Name:
Effect:
Permanent (Yes or No):
Mold Breaker (Yes or No):
Distribution:
Justification:

Submissions will end in 5 Days

Ema Skye

Work!
Oops, all dolphins.

Name: Delphin
Evolution: Dollon, Orcana or Pourpoise
Counterpart(s): none
Typing: Normal
Abilities: Pickup | Normalize
Base Stats: 50 HP / 55 Atk / 65 Def / 55 SpA / 45 SpD / 40 Spe (310 BST)
Height: 2'1
Weight: 43 lbs
Notable Moves: Universals, Sing, Body Slam, Iron Tail, Wish, Curse, Stomping Tantrum, Nature Power, Quick Attack,
Flavor/Design: Dolphin but it has legs instead of fins. Still has the tail fin. Look up Orcane from Rivals of Aether to see what I mean.
Potential Competitive Role: LC mon that at least tries hard. Pickup starter is cool for in-game runs.

Name: Dollon
Evolution: Delectro
Counterpart(s): Orcana and Pourpoise
Typing:Grass
Abilities: Overgrow | Galvanize
Base Stats: 55 HP / 100 Atk / 80 Def / 55 SpA / 70 SpD / 60 Spe (420 BST)
Height: 4'1
Weight: 98 lb
Notable Moves: Delphin + Leaf Blade, Aromatherapy, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Grasswhistle, Leech Seed, Seed Bomb, Swords Dance, Grassy Glide
Flavor/Design: Based on the melon-headed dolphin (also known as the Electro Dolphin), it has a melon-shaped head coloured green. The melon conducts weak electrical currents. Its tail fin is shaped like a leaf, which is razor-sharp. It can climb trees and use electric pulses to communicate with members of its herd.
Potential Competitive Role: NFE mon that no one cares about

Name: Delectro
Evolution: none
Counterpart(s): Volcorca or Poseadon
Typing: Grass/Electric
Abilities: Overgrow | Galvanize
Base Stats: 80 HP / 105 Atk / 105 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SpD / 85 Spe (535 BST)
Height: 7'9
Weight: 310 lb
Notable Moves: Dollon + Thunder/bolt, Thunder Cage, Boomburst, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Rapid Spin, Iron Head, Brick Break, Power Whip, Double Edge, Rising Voltage, Close Combat
Flavor/Design: the above but bigger. Especially bigger head.
Potential Competitive Role: Physical Electric mon with viable physical electric STAB! Grass helps it out to hit the Grounds. Electric-spin is cool. Electric boomburst is cool too.

Name: Orcana
Evolution: Volcorca
Counterpart(s): Dollon and Pourpose
Typing: Fire
Abilities: Blaze | Terrorize [Dark-type -ate]
Base Stats: 85 HP / 55 Atk / 65 Def / 70 SpA / 75 SpD / 70 Spe (420 BST)
Height: 4'10
Weight: 101 lbs
Notable Moves: Delphin + Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Overheat, Will-o-Wisp, Magma Storm, Slack Off, Super Fang, Taunt, Torment, Lava Plume, Scorching Sands, Nasty Plot, U-Turn, Flare Blitz
Flavor/Design: This orca-like Pokemon lives in volcanoes, where it swims easily through the lava. They send soundwaves through magma to communicate, and have been seen throwing rocks around using their tails.
Potential Competitive Role: the middle child

Name: Volcorca
Counterpart(s): Delectro and Poseadon
Typing: Fire/Dark
Abilities: Blaze| Terrorize
Base Stats:115 HP / 65 Atk / 75 Def / 90 SpA / 100 SpD / 90 Spe (535 BST)
Height: 8'4
Weight: 585 lbs
Notable Moves: Orcana + Parting Shot, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Darkest Lariat, Bite, Knock Off, Thief, Hyper Voice, Eruption, Shadow Ball, Moonblast
Flavor/Design: The spirit of the volcano fears all who hear of its tales. It expels magma through its blowhole
Potential Competitive Role:Dark-ate is pretty cool as the type normally lacks good options. Mon has similar bulk to Incin and uses the type's defensive qualities well. Has the option to be a Heatran/Fini style trapper, or just a general utility mon with Slack Off

Name: Pourpoise
Evolution: Poseadon
Counterpart(s): Dollon and Orcana
Typing: Water
Abilities: Torrent | Mentalize (Psychic-ate)
Base Stats: 80 HP / 65 Atk / 90 Def / 65 SpA / 75 SpD / 45 Spe (420 BST)
Height: 4'6
Weight: 92lbs
Notable Moves: Delphin + Surf/Hydro Pump, Scald, Flip Turn, Aqua Jet, Razor Shell, Calm Mind, Lovely Kiss, Recover, Reflect Type, Whirlpool, Sweet Kiss, Charm, Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Blizzard
Flavor/Design: A medium sized porpoise. It boasts a zen-like charm to it, maintaining its
Potential Competitive Role: ok

Name: Poseadon
Counterpart(s): Delectro and Volcorca
Typing: Water/Psychic
Abilities: Torrent | Mentalize
Base Stats: 90 HP / 85 Atk / 110 Def / 85 SpA / 100 SpD / 65 Spe (535 BST)
Height: 6'1
Weight: 210 lbs
Notable Moves: Pourpose + Psychic, Psyshock, Geomancy, Extremespeed, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Horn Attack, Fury Attack, Drill Run, Terrain Pulse
Flavor/Design: It stands vertical, with a trident said to possess magical powers.
Potential Competitive Role: -ate ExtremeSpeed and Geomancy to boost probably leaves you wondering what the hell I'm on. Given its lack of raw offensive stats and mediocre speed, this is probably still fine. Fat sleep spreader pivot might also just be as viable.

Last edited:
:sm/deerling-summer:
Name: Sweetal (Sweet + Chital)
Evolution: Evolves into Coloneer at Level 16
Counterpart(s): Mephlare, Dewmops
Typing:

Abilities: Overgrow / Insect Wall
Base Stats: 62 / 46 / 55 / 59 / 46 / 42 (310 BST)
Height: 0.4 m
Weight: 12.5 kg
Notable Moves: Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Aromatherapy, Sweet Scent, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Poison Powder, Rage Powder, Energy Ball, Synthesis, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Shadow Ball, Stomp, Infestation, Lunge, Grass Pledge, Grassy Terrain, Grassy Glide, Growth, Swords Dance, Terrain Pulse
Flavor/Design: Based on a Chital, which is a type of deer, an invasive species in Florida. Sweetal's are notorious for their sweet-smelling leaves are their backs and necks. These leaves attract bug Pokemon, who like to eat these leaves, forcing Sweetal to constantly grow them back, just for more bug Pokemon to come eat them. In return, however, these bug Pokemon provide a layer of protection for Sweetal, forming a great symbiotic relationship. Sweetals aren't very popular as pets for this reason, but farmers use them to keep bug Pokemon away from their crops.
Potential Competitive Role: It has no weaknesses because of its Hidden Ability and a ton of utility but with those stats, I don't think it could keep up in LC

Name: Coloneer (Colony + Deer)
Evolution: Evolves into Pollenaxis at Level 32
Counterpart(s): Temphitis, Mastivolt
Typing:

Base Stats: 77 / 61 / 75 / 79 / 71 / 62 (420 BST)
Height: 1.0 m
Weight: 22.5 kg
Notable Moves: Sweetal's movepool + Pollen Puff, Skitter Smack, Pin Missile, Flower Shield
Flavor/Design: Based on a Chital, which is a type of deer, an invasive species in Florida. Upon evolution, the scent of Coloneer's leaves becomes much stronger and its leaves start sprouting nice pink flowers. This naturally attracts even more bugs, which pollenate these flowers, giving Coloneer energy and letting it sprout more flowers.
Potential Competitive Role: Idk how the NFE metagame works, but with pretty good 77/75/71 Eviolite boosted bulk, only 2 weaknesses if you don't get statused, and a ton of utility, you could maybe see this as a wall down there, but it does face immense competition from Tangela

Name: Pollenaxis (Pollen + Axis Deer)
Counterpart(s): Spontorius, Galvannet
Typing:

Base Stats: 92 / 71 / 105 / 109 / 81 / 72 (530 BST)
Height: 1.9 m
Weight: 90 kg
Notable Moves: Coloneer's movepool + Servant Swarm, Bug Buzz, String Shot, Strength Sap, Leech Life, Sticky Web, Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Magic Coat, High Horsepower, Horn Leech, Roar, Giga Impact, Frenzy Plant, Hyper Beam
Flavor/Design: Based on a Chital, which is a type of deer, an invasive species in Florida. Pollenaxis has full control over the bugs that pollenate its now fully blossomed flowers due to the sap it produces through its leaves having a mind control effect on small Pokémon. With this control, Pollenaxis essentially has an army of small bug Pokemon to do its bidding at all times, whether its healing its wounds, giving it energy, or finding food for it. Adult humans aren't effected by the mind controlling sap, even if the sap is uncooked, making it a delicious topping for pancakes. However, small children are advised to stay as far away from Pollenaxis as possible, as some children are small enough to fall victim to the mind control effect.
Potential Competitive Role: With a great ability that makes its Grass/Bug-typing a great defensive typing, barrels of utility, and broken move Strength Sap for recovery, Pollenaxis should be a good physical wall, being super tough to take down without a Fire or Flying-type move or status. It is pretty passive, however, and competes with other physically bulky Grass-types like Tangrowth

Name: Insect Wall
Effect: This Pokémon takes 50% damage from super effective moves (includes hazards) if it doesn't have a status condition
Permanent (Yes or No): No
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): Yes
Distribution: Exclusive to the Sweetal line
Justification: Makes Grass/Bug an actually defensive usable typing by giving it only 2 weaknesses in Fire and Flying and removing its Stealth Rock weakness, but at the caveat that you can't use this defensive Pokemon as a status absorber without running Aromatherapy or team support
Name: Servant Swarm
Power: 90
Accuracy: 100
PP: 15
Category:

Type:

Effect: Heals the user by 50% of the damage done. 10% chance to poison the foe
Priority: 0
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror, Heal
Distribution: Pollenaxis
Justification: Using the insects under its control, Pollenaxis sends a swarm of them to sap the opponent's energy away, sometimes poisoning them. Gives Polleaxis a great STAB Bug move and lets it run other offensive Grass-type moves that aren't Giga Drain, like Energy Ball.

:sm/stunky:
Name: Mephlare (Mephitidae + Flare)
Evolution: Evolves into Temphitis at Level 16
Counterpart(s): Sweetal, Dewmops
Typing:

Abilities: Blaze / Hazy Escape
Base Stats: 46 / 52 / 43 / 70 / 43 / 56 (310 BST)
Height: 0.3 m
Weight: 15.3 kg
Notable Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Lava Plume, Smog, Clear Smog, Flame Charge, Will-O-Wisp, Flare Blitz, Sucker Punch, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Iron Tail, Dig, Aromatherapy, Explosion, Wild Charge, Rain Dance, Mist, Haze, Burning Jealousy, Lash Out, Fire Pledge, Fire Fang, Misty Terrain, Play Rough, Smokescreen, Overheat
Flavor/Design: Based on a skunk, which live in Florida and Florida is one of the handful of US states where having a pet skunk is legal. Literally only did this because of this adorable picture from Wikipedia. Mephlares are a common pet among the wealthy in Loria, likely due to their cute appearance and extremely fluffy fur, especially that of their long bushy tails. However, Mephlares are extremely easily startled and will fire embers from gland located at their rear before running away. The temperature of these embers can very greatly depending on the situation, with some unfortunate victims even saying that the embers were cold.
Potential Competitive Role: The only thing this has over Ponyta is pivoting, so probably don't try it

Name: Temphitis (Temperature + Mephitis)
Evolution: Evolves into Spontorius at Level 32
Counterpart(s): Coloneer, Mastivolt
Typing:

Base Stats: 61 / 67 / 58 / 90 / 58 / 86 (420 BST)
Height: 0.5 m
Weight: 30.3 kg
Notable Moves: Mephlare's movepool + Ice Beam, Blizzard, Hail, Icy Wind, Ice Fang, Water Pulse
Flavor/Design: Based on a skunk, which live in Florida and Florida is one of the handful of US states where having a pet skunk is legal. Temphitis is specially based on a striped skunk. Temphitises are always extremely on edge and won't hesitate to fire off embers or icy mist before running away if even slightly startled. The stripes on Temphitis' body tell you whether its prone to burn you or freeze you if you get close. It is spots you from far way, it'll likely hide itself in a cloud of mist, hoping that you'll simply walk away after you can't find it. Scientists say this on-edge behavior is likely due to the rapidly fluctuating temperature of the inner fluids that create Temphitis' embers and mists, as the rapid change constantly stresses it out.
Potential Competitive Role: Fire/Ice is a unique typing for NFE and 90/86 Special Offense is nice, but eh, probably not much for this thing

Name: Spontorius (Spontaneous + Spilogale Putorius)
Counterpart(s): Pollenaxis, Galvannet
Typing:

Base Stats: 81 / 74 / 77 / 118 / 77 / 103 (530 BST)
Height: 1.2 m
Weight: 60.3 kg
Notable Moves: Temphitis's movepool + Mist Bomb, Defog, Crunch, Calm Mind, Blast Burn, Hyper Beam, Avalanche, Giga Impact, Extrasensory
Flavor/Design: Based on a skunk, which live in Florida and Florida is one of the handful of US states where having a pet skunk is legal. Spontorius is specially based on a spotted skunk. Spontoriuses are much more poised and stoic than their evolutions. While they tend to avoid confrontation, they have complete control over their internal temperature, being able to adjust whether or not they'll use a cloud of freezing mist to make a mistake, a flurry of embers to stop an attack, or even a combination of both. Because of the tropical climate of Loria, trainers strong enough to control a Spontorius may use their icy mist to cool off in the sun.
Potential Competitive Role: With an amazing offensive typing in Fire/Ice, high powered STABs in Fire Blast and Mist Bomb, and a great 118 SpA stat, Spontorius can be a super dangerous special wallbreaker with a pivoting option in Mist. It is unfortunately forced into Heavy-Duty Boots because of its Rocks weakness, but at least it's not lacking in power. Its biggest flaw is having a just okay Speed tier, poor bulk, and not being blessed with Freeze-dry or anything for Waters

Name: Hazy Escape
Effect: This Pokémon switches out after successfully setting Mist or Misty Terrain
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): No
Distribution: Exclusive to the Mephlare line
Justification: Mostly here for flavor, but turning Mist and Misty Terrain into pivoting moves makes them a lot more usable as support moves and Mist specifically synergizes with Spontorius' signature move
Name: Mist Bomb
Category:

Type:

Effect: If Mist is active on the user's side of the field, deals 1.3x damage and removes Mist from the user's side of the field
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror, Bullet
Distribution: Spontorius
Justification: Synergizes nicely with Hazy Escape, letting you remove the Mist so you can set it up again and pivot it with it. Otherwise, it's an Ice Beam with more PP, which is nice, especially since Ice Beam's freeze chance doesn't synergize with Spontorius' Fire STAB.

:sm/zubat:
Name: Dewmops (Dew + Eumops floridanus)
Evolution: Evolves into Mastivolt at Level 16
Counterpart(s): Sweetal, Mephlare
Typing:

Abilities: Torrent / Storm Surge
Base Stats: 41 / 59 / 42 / 50 / 46 / 72 (310 BST)
Height: 0.8 m
Weight: 10.0 kg
Notable Moves: Liquidation, Waterfall, Aerial Ace, Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Bite, Crunch, Quick Attack, Surf, Scald, Fly, U-Turn, Defog, Tailwind, Life Dew, Twister, Rain Dance, Steel Wing, Memento, Super Fang, Water Pledge, Aqua Jet, Whirlpool, Wing Attack, Acrobatics, Aqua Tail, Supersonic, Sonic Boom, Terrain Pulse, Electric Terrain, Ice Beam, Leech Life, Drain Fang (move from the first Gen X region, Ghost-type Leech Life), Dual Wingbeat, Water Pledge
Flavor/Design: Based on a Florida bonneted bat. Dewmops live in dark, damp caves and forests, rarely leaving because of how much love the being in dark and humid spaces. If you want to find a Dewmops outside, you must wait for a thunderstorm to pop up, as residents who live near caves report that hoards of Dewmops make their way out of their caves to bath in the rain. Because of this, Dewmops often get struck by lightning, but Dewmops can heal themselves by absorbing raindrops into their skin, so they usually come out okay.
Potential Competitive Role: It's a worse Buizel and Buizel isn't good

Name: Mastivolt (Mastiff bat + Volt)
Evolution: Evolves into Galvannet at Level 32
Counterpart(s): Coloneer, Temphitis
Typing:

Base Stats: 55 / 85 / 57 / 70 / 60 / 93 (420 BST)
Height: 1.8 m
Weight: 22.0 kg
Notable Moves: Dewmops' movepool + Thunder Fang, Wild Charge, Volt Switch, Rising Voltage, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Electro Ball, Eerie Impulse
Flavor/Design: Based on a Florida bonneted bat. Now used to the electric shock of a lightning bolt, Mastivolts get to enjoy being outside during thunderstorms, even letting off a few Thunderbolts themselves for fun. Thus, Lorian residents that live near the caves and forests they live in are strongly advised to stay inside during such storms.
Potential Competitive Role: Very fast, but it's a physical attacker and both of its types kinda suck at that, so that's unfortunate, but it has enough SpA to make a special set work probably, especially with Ice Beam for Tangela

Name: Galvannet (Galvanize + Bonnet)
Counterpart(s): Coloneer, Temphitis
Typing:

Base Stats: 70 / 109 / 70 / 86 / 72 / 123 (530 BST)
Height: 3.8 m
Weight: 54.0 kg
Notable Moves: Mastivolt's movepool + Sonic Spark, Hurricane, Hydro Pump, Sky Attack, Psychic Fangs, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Hydro Cannon, Outrage
Flavor/Design: Based on a Florida bonneted bat. Galvannets have mastered their Electric capabilities to the point where, if they want to, they can cause a thunderstorm with one shriek. Thus, even though Galvannets themselves aren't very dangerous and are fairly nice towards humans, people often have to evacuate if a wild Galvannet is spotted due to the chance that the Galvannet will bring a sudden storm and flooding. One time, a strong trainer purposely used his Galvannet to cause a thunderstorm in the capital city simply to prove local meteorologists wrong. He was heavily fined for the prank.
Potential Competitive Role: The fastest starter Pokemon, 1 point faster than Greninja and 3 points faster than Inteleon, Sceptile, and Esplada, Galvannet is a speedy offensive pivot that can fire off its STABs + Ice coverage for insane offensive coverage. Since its physical moves are way worse than its special moves, on non-Rain teams you likely use physical sets to abuse its much higher Attack, but Rain teams love its special sets that get to spam Hydro Pump, Rising Voltage, and Hurricane. Basically a more balanced Water Tapu Koko.
Name: Storm Surge
Effect: On switch-in and at the end of every turn, if Rain is active, this Pokémon sets Electric Terrain
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): No
Distribution: Exclusive to the Dewmops line
Justification: Gives a nice power boost to Dewmops' STAB in Rain, now technically having both of its STABs boosted by rain, letting its Sonic Sparks, Rising Voltages, and Thunders deal massive damage in Rain
Name: Sonic Spark
Category:

Type:

Effect: Ignores protection
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror, Contact, Sound
Distribution:
Justification: Basic strong Electric STAB, effect is nice to prevent the opponent from stalling out your Terrain or Rain

General theme for my starters was that I wanted to use types that haven't been used by starters so far. Including the first region in Gen X, only 4 types haven't been used, being Ice, Electric, Bug, and Normal, with me using the former 3.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)