Good, or just really really good looking????

My friend and I have been hunting for a good Raikou for some time, and he got an exceptionally good find. Behold...

29/10/18/31/11/31
HP Ice 69

I think this find is pretty much on par with Jibaku's Jirachi. He found it lurking on a few of the less popular forums and got a good deal for it.

I've got news for everyone, it checks on on all the statistics as far as we can tell.

It's in an Ultra Ball
It has legit moves
And was transfered from Hoenn

We just need to know if there's something in the programming that would tell us 100 percent if this is Authentic or not. We would like to distribute it similar to how Jibaku did his Jirachi and hope that everyone can have this as their own. Basically, anyone who can deal with this question will be sent the original after we clone it, and hopefully.

G2g to work, I'll be back at 1:00 am to check on offers.

Thanks Smogon.

My friend and I have been hunting for a good Raikou for some time, and he got an exceptionally good find. Behold...

29/10/18/31/11/31
HP Ice 69

I think this find is pretty much on par with Jibaku's Jirachi. He found it lurking on a few of the less popular forums and got a good deal for it.

I've got news for everyone, it checks on on all the statistics as far as we can tell.

It's in an Ultra Ball
It has legit moves
And was transfered from Hoenn

We just need to know if there's something in the programming that would tell us 100 percent if this is Authentic or not. We would like to distribute it similar to how Jibaku did his Jirachi and hope that everyone can have this as their own. Basically, anyone who can deal with this question will be sent the original after we clone it, and hopefully.

G2g to work, I'll be back at 1:00 am to check on offers.

Thanks Smogon.
What game is it from? If that's from FR/LG, that's not possible. The Dogs' IVs in that game are incredibly low, like 1-10 low. Also, what's the nature?

What's funny is that Jibaku's Jirachi turned out hacked. XP

Also, Hoenn? You can't get the dogs in Hoenn, and if you transfer them from another game it will show up as being from that game. ALL dogs are either Kanto, Distant Land, or from the 10ANIV/10ANNIV events.

Timid or Modest? Also, Jibaku's Jirachi was found to be hacked... Still a good catch, if it's legit. You might want to get it checked.

What's funny is that Jibaku's Jirachi turned out hacked. XP

Also, Hoenn? You can't get the dogs in Hoenn, and if you transfer them from another game it will show up as being from that game. ALL dogs are either Kanto, Distant Land, or from the 10ANIV/10ANNIV events.
This completely disproves its legitimacy.

guys, he said transfered from Hoenn, not caught in Hoenn. there's still a chance it was caught -- if not hacked, possible from some GameCube pokemon game?

guys, he said transfered from Hoenn, not caught in Hoenn. there's still a chance it was caught -- if not hacked, possible from some GameCube pokemon game?

Well, as far as I know, the "Arrived from whatever" part will say the game the pokémon was caught, not transferred from. So, if it has arrived from Hoenn...
the Raikou is hacked.

...Nature?

And yeah, the whole Hoenn/Ultra Ball thing seems odd...I don't have knowledge of any of the GC games, but if it was from one of them, wouldn't it say "Distant Land" instead?

true that; i just dont want to assume it said "arrived from hoenn," i mean the wording in the initial post isnt that clear.

gosh i hope the original poster returns to this thread.

If its from colo/xd it says from distant land.

I'll check it...I have both LG and emerald
Tested, where ever it was originally caught, that is where it will say arrived from, so if its caught in LG, and you trade to emerald and pal-park, it will still say "Arrived from Kanto"

Even if it wasn't such a bad hack, I'd still have my suspicions. You see, the only way to get a good Raikou, is to save before Ein in Colloseum, beat his whole team, catch his Raikou, purify it enough to see it's nature, reset and try again.

Doesn't sound too bad, but remember: there's no Synchronise in Colloseum, and at that point in the game, you don't have a Master Ball. And what's worse, Raikou spams Shadow Rush (a recoil move), so False Swipe is out the window. It would take a mammoth amount of commitment. I've been playing through Colloseum in an attempt to do it...just working on catching all the right Pokemon for the job first (i.e, sleepers, Electric resists etc). I'm not hopeful. ;\

The Dogs can only come from Three Locations, through Events (Hoenn), FR/LG (Kanto) and Colo (Distant Land)

Events don't come in Ultra Balls, and Kanto Dogs can't have good IVs, and the location says Hoenn meaning it's not Colo.

Meaning it's a pretty bad hack.

Even if it wasn't such a bad hack, I'd still have my suspicions. You see, the only way to get a good Raikou, is to save before Ein in Colloseum, beat his whole team, catch his Raikou, purify it enough to see it's nature, reset and try again.

Doesn't sound too bad, but remember: there's no Synchronise in Colloseum, and at that point in the game, you don't have a Master Ball. And what's worse, Raikou spams Shadow Rush (a recoil move), so False Swipe is out the window. It would take a mammoth amount of commitment. I've been playing through Colloseum in an attempt to do it...just working on catching all the right Pokemon for the job first (i.e, sleepers, Electric resists etc). I'm not hopeful. ;\
I thought, you can get a second chance to catch it and at that point you can have a masterball?

StefyWefy is correct, I'm afraid. As you have already fought the beast once, you can soft reset on it again and again but it will always have the same nature and IV's. You gotta do it the first time. :(

you can probably use an AR to get yourself a masterball

Yeah, but that would also pretty much reveal itself as a hack. You'd have to argue that you caught it the second time around (after obtaining the Master Ball) and it just "happened to be Timid with HP Ice and all those 31's."

Nah, I think Raikou will be far too elusive for us mere mortals, unless Nintendo decides to throw us a bone.

StefyWefy is correct, I'm afraid. As you have already fought the beast once, you can soft reset on it again and again but it will always have the same nature and IV's. You gotta do it the first time. :(
Here's hoping for a Gold/Silver remake. Put that "Arrived from Johto" to use.

hey thats pretty good

this is my modest raikou

20 - 21 / 23 - 25 / 28 / 26 - 27 / 2 / 13 - 14

from 10ANNIV
(european Event)

Back