Google+

I quote from my tech-nerd friend:

And I trust him with pretty much anything tech-related, so I'm sticking with Facebook.

Err... right. So.. if you don't put anything on your facebook AT ALL except your name and it gets hacked, noone can tell anything about you. I see. ..doesn't that defeat the point slightly? You could say exactly the same thing for G+.. don't use your email inbox, dont put personal information on there, etc. I fail to see your point. You still have a Facebook inbox (and thats a fuck sight more annoying, with its autosaving of every fucking message you get), Facebook friends, your personal information and pictures on there.. My phone number isn't linked to my google account. It is however probably somewhere in my Facebook inbox from 20 months ago. And as far as private personal information goes - who you've fucked, who you're fighting with, who said what about who - I imagine a damn sight more is saved on the average facebook than email account, especially now the message system autosaves. God knows what I've got in mine.

It's not a fair comparison - 'if you save all your details and your address and your phone number and use gmail and that gets hacked then theyve got all your info, but if you dont put anything personal at all on your Facebook and it gets hacked then they know nothing!' not to mention they already need to know your email in order to log into your Facebook..

I don't exactly know how Firesheep works, but surely it's easier to hack a facebook than a Google account?

Agreeing with the posters who like the streamlining. Facebook is just.. higgledy-piggledy now, far too much useless and half fixed and badly done shite. The messages system is a travesty, I thought that fucking new sidebar was a joke when they forced it. Are they trying to encourage people to go over to G+?

And yeah, there arent as many people on google+ at the moment, its mostly my nerd friends.. but I quite like that.

I've got invites if anyone needs any
it's pretty interesting, testing out google+ beta mode. It looks hip and fresh and i think that's all that really matters

and maybe group video chat

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
ya its pretty cool... if i know you hit me up via pm or something so we can circlejerk

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i hope everyone realises that this invite bollocks is:
1. an attempt to make it seem more valuable by limiting supply of accounts
2. an attempt to get people talking about it more

did google+ get rid of "applications" because if so I am so there; games are okay everything else like quizzes can suck my fucking dick

Also, I just found out you can directly upload gifs to g+. I only use it to share with close friends though because god knows this doesn't need to become tumblr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)